All-Time League 2013 (Draft Complete)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject:

With the 253rd pick of the 2013 ATL draft, the... Chicago Bull-Crap select.... Samuel Dalembert from Seton Hall University.

Hallelujah!!!!
MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject:

Heatles OTC. Hopefully it won't take 24 hours this time.
TheSixthRing
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject:

He's too busy constructing his Duncan voodoo doll to make his pick. Check back later tonight.
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject:

predictions...wilt scoring champ...Russell rebound champ...cp3 ast. champ
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject:

prediction: 24 will be the biggest trash talker
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Anyone have any regret picks?

I kind of regret taking Rondo where I did. At the time I was looking for assists and defense, and his assist percentage is through the roof, but I just feel like I could have done better at the position. Luckily, I feel I got a steal with Brandon, so I may swap them in my starting lineup.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject:

I'm not too happy with Hayes in the first round. I don't really have anyone else in mind who I should have taken instead. I just wish anyone else drafted before my pick had dropped. Once Hayes was there, I felt I had to take him. This was at a time when many of us were still focusing on salary too.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject:

MysticWang wrote:

I kind of regret taking Rondo where I did. At the time I was looking for assists and defense, and his assist percentage is through the roof, but I just feel like I could have done better at the position. Luckily, I feel I got a steal with Brandon, so I may swap them in my starting lineup.

We'll see how I feel about Derrick Rose once the season starts, but i see no one I would have drafted that high picked after I chose Rose.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I didn't catch that Roy Hinson had a split season. I thought I was getting a 92 def / 50% eFG guy instead of 55 def / 48% one.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject:

MysticWang wrote:
Heatles OTC. Hopefully it won't take 24 hours this time.

Why would it take me hours to make Miami's pick? I can do that in seconds. Mel Turpin. See? Done.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
I didn't catch that Roy Hinson had a split season. I thought I was getting a 92 def / 50% eFG guy instead of 55 def / 48% one.

I almost had that happen to me.

Based on what i put together, my do over would be drafting Frazier instead of havlicek.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
I'm not too happy with Hayes in the first round. I don't really have anyone else in mind who I should have taken instead. I just wish anyone else drafted before my pick had dropped. Once Hayes was there, I felt I had to take him. This was at a time when many of us were still focusing on salary too.

I wouldn't be ashamed of that pick at all.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject:

MysticWang wrote:

I kind of had a reverse of that. After running multiple sims before and after drafting him, I'm finding that Parker is absolutely perfect for my team, and that starting him over Price or Westphal is huge. His high (32%) usage with high efficiency really compliments my 60's-70's front court of Russell and Havlicek. I get the benefit of what they bring in other areas while cutting down on their usage. He's essentially an upper middle class Kobe on offense (takes a lot of shots, hits over half), and if I had known that earlier, i would have drafted him much much higher.

BTW, Brandon was a guy I wanted, you bastard.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject:

I super regret Ron Harper. I was thinking too much about defensive rating and forgot about efficiency. I may not even end up playing him that much, which makes it a complete waste of an early pick.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Feel free to cut Ron if you don't want him.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
prediction: 24 will be the biggest trash talker

I hope that's true.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I super regret Ron Harper. I was thinking too much about defensive rating and forgot about efficiency. I may not even end up playing him that much, which makes it a complete waste of an early pick.

Harper's a guy who does a lot of stuff well, and the efficiency isn't that bad. You can live with a guy like him as a starter you put on the other guy's best wing.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Harper's a guy who does a lot of stuff well, and the efficiency isn't that bad. You can live with a guy like him as a starter you put on the other guy's best wing.

But his usage rate is also higher. Battier and McMillan can do what I need him for with relatively equal defense, better 3pt shooting, higher efficiency and lower usage. I think the sim also values offense significantly more than defense, so efficiency is likely a pretty big variable.

I will say though, that when AK plays for me, looking at the play by play is awesome. He plays exactly how you would think he would - all over the place making hustle plays.

MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject:

4ml fml.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
24 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

But his usage rate is also higher. Battier and McMillan can do what I need him for with relatively equal defense, better 3pt shooting, higher efficiency and lower usage. I think the sim also values offense significantly more than defense, so efficiency is likely a pretty big variable.

I will say though, that when AK plays for me, looking at the play by play is awesome. He plays exactly how you would think he would - all over the place making hustle plays.

I agree, given that you nabbed other guys to do the same thing. Like I said, i made a similar mistake early on Havlicek vs Frazier (both with the 90 D, but Frazier with higher EFG%, and I took Havlicek primarily on the fact that he's a 3 position guy I can move all over). I fixed mine by taking a high efficency and high usage guy to basically drive Hondo's usage down and still use the good stuff about him.

And you're right, I'm seeing a distinct trend of offense being more important than D. Although when i put Havlicek on Magic Johnson in sims, it definitely helped lower Magic's stats.
4ml
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Bob Gross
4ml
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject:

MysticWang wrote:
4ml fml.

It's Thursday...it's the last round. Relax bro...I don't wake up and log on this site.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
24 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I agree, given that you nabbed other guys to do the same thing. Like I said, i made a similar mistake early on Havlicek vs Frazier (both with the 90 D, but Frazier with higher EFG%, and I took Havlicek primarily on the fact that he's a 3 position guy I can move all over). I fixed mine by taking a high efficency and high usage guy to basically drive Hondo's usage down and still use the good stuff about him.

And you're right, I'm seeing a distinct trend of offense being more important than D. Although when i put Havlicek on Magic Johnson in sims, it definitely helped lower Magic's stats.

Put Hondo on Magic how? Does the sim just put the best defensive player on the best offensive player automatically (within reason), or do you have to set them by position?

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs, it depends on how you distribute minutes and who you lineup together. Taking into account position eligibility, the sim stratifies and assigns defensive matchups ensuring that the players with the best defensive ratings are matched up to defend the best offensive players.

Here is an application of what I just said: Assume SG1 has an offensive rating of 9 and SF1 has an offensive rating of 8; SGA has a defensive rating of 9 and SFA has a defensive rating of 8.

Example 1 - SGA and SFA both have 100% eligibility at the SG and SF positions. As such, the sim will place SGA (the better defensive player) on SG1 (the better offensive player) by default.

Example 2 - SGA has 100% eligibility at both positions, but SFA has only a 80% eligibility at the SG position (giving him a 7.2 defensive rating if assigned to guard the SG spot). As such, the Sim will keep SGA guarding SG1 because SGA's d-rating at 8 is better than SF1's d-rating of 7.2 if he is switched to the guard the SG position.

So, if you want a defensive player to be matched up against a specific offensive player, you would have to fix the ratings (taking into account position eligibility) and/or who you have on the floor at the same time with them, to get the sim to use them that way.

Hope that makes sense.

MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject:

4ml wrote:
MysticWang wrote:
4ml fml.

It's Thursday...it's the last round. Relax bro...I don't wake up and log on this site.

Just trying to get to the sim. It's not like you weren't posting on the webzone throughout the day.

Anywho, I'll take Carlos Boozer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 70 of 73
Jump to: