BSPN POLL: Who is the best player in the NBA?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

BSPN POLL: Who is the best player in the NBA?
Kobe Bryant
95%
 95%  [ 117 ]
Tim Duncan
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Allen Iverson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lebron James
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 123

mr_yogabear
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: BSPN POLL: Who is the best player in the NBA?

Just saw it on BSPN a while ago.. Kobe is currently leading with 38% and Lebron is a close 2nd with 28% let us vote now...
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

They should have KG instead of AI. AI is not top five. I hope Shaq Albert sees this pole.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject:

It's hard to choose between Duncan and Kobe. Both are entirely different types of players.
the_natural05
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:

Where's Nash?
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject:

the_natural05 wrote:
Where's Nash?

He is in the second tier: Who is the best point guard in the WC?
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject:

the_natural05 wrote:
Where's Nash?

In Phoenix. He should not be considered for this kind of polls. Individually he's not on the level, but he has the ability to make average players work above their talent. Still not enuff to make him the best individual in game.
the_natural05
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject:

CheetahMan wrote:
the_natural05 wrote:
Where's Nash?

In Phoenix. He should not be considered in this kind of votes. Individually he's not on the level, but he has the ability to make average players work above their talent.

Reigning MVP who is making a case for his 2nd straight award, Nash is a top 5 player in this league. Do not underestimate the effectiveness of a pure point guard.
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
It's hard to choose between Duncan and Kobe. Both are entirely different types of players.

thats why all the ''experts'' are quick to say, best perimeter player in the game or best non center in the game, in regards to Kobe.
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

the_natural05 wrote:
CheetahMan wrote:
the_natural05 wrote:
Where's Nash?

In Phoenix. He should not be considered in this kind of votes. Individually he's not on the level, but he has the ability to make average players work above their talent.

Reigning MVP who is making a case for his 2nd straight award, Nash is a top 5 player in this league. Do not underestimate the effectiveness of a pure point guard.

Kobe, Duncan, KG, Lebron...you dont think Shaq is still top 5? or would you move out 1 of the other 4?
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

the_natural05 wrote:
CheetahMan wrote:
the_natural05 wrote:
Where's Nash?

He still isn't individually on the level. Sure his game helps out Phoenix a lot, but put Nash on a non-Run 'n' Gun team and see much worse results. Phoenix's system makes Nash look much better than he in reality is. Not that I want take anything away from him, he's a terrific player in a role and system created for him.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

the_natural05 wrote:
CheetahMan wrote:
the_natural05 wrote:
Where's Nash?

There is a difference between the best player and the most valuable player. Nash is the most valuable, not the best.
the_natural05
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject:

bum2 wrote:
the_natural05 wrote:
CheetahMan wrote:
the_natural05 wrote:
Where's Nash?

Kobe, Duncan, KG, Lebron...you dont think Shaq is still top 5? or would you move out 1 of the other 4?

I don't think Shaq is top five anymore... For the 5th spot, you could argue either Iverson, Wade or Nash.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject:

the_natural05 wrote:
bum2 wrote:
the_natural05 wrote:
CheetahMan wrote:
the_natural05 wrote:
Where's Nash?

I don't think Shaq is top five anymore... For the 5th spot, you could argue either Iverson, Wade or Nash.

I still have Kobe, Duncan, LBJ, KG and T-Mac as top five with Dirk and Wade on the brinks. Iverson is just to one dimensional to be considered.
the_natural05
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject:

^^^^
T-mac's injury concerns and regression as of late concern me. I don't think he's the same player. If Iverson is one-dimensional, what do you say about Dirk?
KwamesMyGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:

iverson gets the 5th spot
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject:

the_natural05 wrote:
Where's Nash?

Good point! Nash has been playing out of his mind this season w/o Amare. If this doesn't prove he deserved the MVP last year over the "Big Belly Ache" I don't know what does.
WestCCa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

the_natural05 wrote:
CheetahMan wrote:
the_natural05 wrote:
Where's Nash?

John Stockton was a much better player than Steve Nash, and at no point in his career was he considered top five, let alone a serious MVP candidate.

Steve Nash is good, but vastly overrated.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject:

My top 10:

1 Kobe
2 Duncan
3 James
4 Garnett
5 Iverson
6 Nash
7 T-Mac
8 Brand
9 Wade
10 Arenas

It a couple of years it will just be Kobe, James and possibly Amare dominating the top 3 over the rest of the pack as Duncan, Iverson and Garnett fade.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject:

CheetahMan wrote:
the_natural05 wrote:
CheetahMan wrote:
the_natural05 wrote:
Where's Nash?

He still isn't individually on the level. Sure his game helps out Phoenix a lot, but put Nash on a non-Run 'n' Gun team and see much worse results. Phoenix's system makes Nash look much better than he in reality is. Not that I want take anything away from him, he's a terrific player in a role and system created for him.

yea, i guess raja bell ,Boris Diaw,Jurmaine Jones,Q, all make themselves better, shoot higher percenatage, get wide open 3's. Go take alook at Joe Johnson, 3 point Percentage f or now to a year ago, think he misses nash?
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:

its funny....they showed the results on espn news..and they were shocked Kobe was ahead.
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Hey All, First Post...

Nash should not be in the top for lack of defense..Shaq is still a top 5 because of his impact..

1.Tim Duncan
2.Kevin Garnett
3.Shaq
4.Kobe
5.LBJ
6.T-MAC(can play some nice D when he wants)
7.Amare
8. Iverson
9.O'neal
10. Artest(cant underestimate his defense)

GO Lakers
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:

duncan
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Duncan is pretty overrated for a guy who constantly gets abused by KG/Dirk/Sheed...
KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Why is KG always considered in these things!!! Yes he is a freakish athelete and has all kinds of talent and fill up the stat board... but what the f*&^ has he done???! NOTHING! He cant lead a team hes a 2nd option on a championship team thats all, thats why he would work well with kobe and the lakers. Hes good for 23 - 11- 6 - 3 . Great all around player dont get5 me wrong, but lets not forget he hasnt accomplished jack and cant carry a team!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: