BSPN POLL: Who is the best player in the NBA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

BSPN POLL: Who is the best player in the NBA?
Kobe Bryant
95%
 95%  [ 117 ]
Tim Duncan
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Allen Iverson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lebron James
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 123

lakerhead
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:

check how many votes came out of california, compared to the rest of the country and the number of international votes
the_natural05
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe8thWonder wrote:
Why is KG always considered in these things!!! Yes he is a freakish athelete and has all kinds of talent and fill up the stat board... but what the f*&^ has he done???! NOTHING! He cant lead a team hes a 2nd option on a championship team thats all, thats why he would work well with kobe and the lakers. Hes good for 23 - 11- 6 - 3 . Great all around player dont get5 me wrong, but lets not forget he hasnt accomplished jack and cant carry a team!

Serious? KG has routinely led that team to 50+win seasons without anything resembling a solid supporting cast. When he did get that, he got that team to the WCF. KG is top 5 for sure.
the_natural05
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Michlake wrote:
Hey All, First Post...

Nash should not be in the top for lack of defense..Shaq is still a top 5 because of his impact..

1.Tim Duncan
2.Kevin Garnett
3.Shaq
4.Kobe
5.LBJ
6.T-MAC(can play some nice D when he wants)
7.Amare
8. Iverson
9.O'neal
10. Artest(cant underestimate his defense)

GO Lakers

When do you have to be great at defense to be a great player? Last time I checked, a player's worth is determined by the sum of the parts... What Nash does as far as effectiveness definitely puts him in the top ten.
F.N.G.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Michlake wrote:
Hey All, First Post...

Nash should not be in the top for lack of defense..Shaq is still a top 5 because of his impact..

1.Tim Duncan
2.Kevin Garnett
3.Shaq
4.Kobe
5.LBJ
7.Amare
8. Iverson
9.O'neal

GO Lakers

While there is no doubt Shaq is still the most powerful post player and top 2-3 Centers, he can no longer be considered a top 5 or top 10 player anymore. Because of his weight/health issues he will only contribute to his team 60-70% of what Kobe, KG, TD, LBJ and the others will. Shaq plays less minutes now and has missed many games the last few years with injuries.

Dr. Buss made the correct "business" decision with him. IMO
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:

the_natural05 wrote:
Michlake wrote:
Hey All, First Post...

1.Tim Duncan
2.Kevin Garnett
3.Shaq
4.Kobe
5.LBJ
7.Amare
8. Iverson
9.O'neal

GO Lakers

When do you have to be great at defense to be a great player? Last time I checked, a player's worth is determined by the sum of the parts... What Nash does as far as effectiveness definitely puts him in the top ten.

I believe you have to be at least an above average defender to be considered a great player. In my opinion Nash is a very good player, but can not be considered great because he hurts his team on defense. A players worth is determined by the sum of the parts and Nash's defense lowers his overall value.
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

F.N.G. wrote:
Michlake wrote:
Hey All, First Post...

1.Tim Duncan
2.Kevin Garnett
3.Shaq
4.Kobe
5.LBJ
7.Amare
8. Iverson
9.O'neal

GO Lakers

While there is no doubt Shaq is still the most powerful post player and top 2-3 Centers, he can no longer be considered a top 5 or top 10 player anymore. Because of his weight/health issues he will only contribute to his team 60-70% of what Kobe, KG, TD, LBJ and the others will. Shaq plays less minutes now and has missed many games the last few years with injuries.

I agree that Buss made the correct decision with Shaq, but that does not mean he is not a top 5 player. Look at Miami's record with Shaq in the lineup and when he is out. Also there offense AND defense stats are much better with him in the middle. that makes him a great player.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Michlake wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Michlake wrote:
Hey All, First Post...

1.Tim Duncan
2.Kevin Garnett
3.Shaq
4.Kobe
5.LBJ
7.Amare
8. Iverson
9.O'neal

GO Lakers

I agree that Buss made the correct decision with Shaq, but that does not mean he is not a top 5 player. Look at Miami's record with Shaq in the lineup and when he is out. Also there offense AND defense stats are much better with him in the middle. that makes him a great player.

Put any overweight center who has the ability to take space and make a few dunks/layups a game can help a team, especially when that team already is stacked with players such as Wade, JWill, Antoine, Posey, Haslem, Alonzo and others.
cr8zy0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject:

IMO a top 5 player has to be a good defender. you just cant be top 5 and only play one side of the court. i know most people will hate me for this but Lebron can't be top 5. he is a horrible defender. kobe, duncan, KG, AI probably round out the top. top 10 would include the likes of tmac, wade, jermaine, shaq, lebron, even brand with what he is showing this yr. nash is not top 10, he is helped by a system that was tailor made to fit his style and he plays no defense.
F.N.G.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Michlake wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Michlake wrote:
Hey All, First Post...

1.Tim Duncan
2.Kevin Garnett
3.Shaq
4.Kobe
5.LBJ
7.Amare
8. Iverson
9.O'neal

GO Lakers

That's my point, you can't count on him to play the full year so he doesn't have the same impact as he once did. He is no longer top 5 or top 10 player and has been steadily declining.

His last three years with the Lakers he averaged missing 20% of the season and played an average of 38 mins. per game.

Last year with Miami he ONLY missed 9 games but played an average of 34 mins. per game.

This year he has already missed 19 games and is playing ONLY 28 mins. per game. He does NOT have the same impact that he once had and is no longer a top 5 or top 10 player.
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

cr8zy0 wrote:
IMO a top 5 player has to be a good defender. you just cant be top 5 and only play one side of the court. i know most people will hate me for this but Lebron can't be top 5. he is a horrible defender. kobe, duncan, KG, AI probably round out the top. top 10 would include the likes of tmac, wade, jermaine, shaq, lebron, even brand with what he is showing this yr. nash is not top 10, he is helped by a system that was tailor made to fit his style and he plays no defense.

agreed
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject:

F.N.G. wrote:
Michlake wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Michlake wrote:
Hey All, First Post...

1.Tim Duncan
2.Kevin Garnett
3.Shaq
4.Kobe
5.LBJ
7.Amare
8. Iverson
9.O'neal

GO Lakers

That's my point, you can't count on him to play the full year so he doesn't have the same impact as he once did. He is no longer top 5 or top 10 player and has been steadily declining.

His last three years with the Lakers he averaged missing 20% of the season and played an average of 38 mins. per game.

Last year with Miami he ONLY missed 9 games but played an average of 34 mins. per game.

This year he has already missed 19 games and is playing ONLY 28 mins. per game. He does NOT have the same impact that he once had and is no longer a top 5 or top 10 player.

I understand your point about Shaq and his injuries and that is the only reason I do not consider him to be the best in the league. His impact when he does play is too much to overlook
Shaq has always played when his team has been in the playoffs(I do not count the Nets series last year as Shaq knew Wade could beat that team) and that is when they need him most. The regular season to Shaq is a big joke and while that is a horrible attitude to have, you can't take away what he can do in the playoffs.
Sonicc64
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Michlake wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Michlake wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Michlake wrote:
Hey All, First Post...

1.Tim Duncan
2.Kevin Garnett
3.Shaq
4.Kobe
5.LBJ
7.Amare
8. Iverson
9.O'neal

GO Lakers

I understand your point about Shaq and his injuries and that is the only reason I do not consider him to be the best in the league. His impact when he does play is too much to overlook
Shaq has always played when his team has been in the playoffs(I do not count the Nets series last year as Shaq knew Wade could beat that team) and that is when they need him most. The regular season to Shaq is a big joke and while that is a horrible attitude to have, you can't take away what he can do in the playoffs.

if snaqueer is a joke in the regular season ...THEN HOW is he considered a top 5 player???! or even top 10 right now.??
and so far your arguements FOR SNAQUEER are as weak as the tissue paper that he uses to wipe his big black butt.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:

The people voting in this thing are really schizo. The results right now look like this:

Best Player
1. Lebron
2. Duncan
3. Kobe

Need to score 40 in a game
1. Kobe
2. Andre Dawson (?? )
3. Lebron

Best Pure Shooter
1. Kobe (about 82%)
2. Lebron

Best Pure Scorer
1. Kobe (about 75%)
2. Lebron

Win One Game
1. Kobe (about 67%)
2. Lebron

Chasing a Title
1. Kobe (just about even)
2. Lebron
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: