Kobe and Lebron (Body or Skills?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject:

bryants2hot2handle wrote:

.....at all the lbj love on this laker forum

i think a lot of these folk work for the media, especially the ones that are quick to post. You're right, it's a little odd that so called laker fans are so quick to be defensive about lebron.
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Essentially you're saying if Kobe was 2 inches taller, 40lbs heavier, and more athletic, would he be better?

Of course, couple that with his ridiculous work ethic and incredible skill-set, and make a lethal weapon even more dangerous.

If you ever saw young Kobe, his athleticism was pretty special, so if you wanna then make him bigger and even more athletic, then of course he'd be better.

Difference is, LeBron will never possess the technical ability and basketball IQ that Kobe has. That exceptional footwork, the ability to do absolutely anything on the court, the ability to drain any shot in the book regardless of how many people are guarding him, even when he's 34 and his athleticism has faded from what it once was.

I don't know about this one. If Kobe's basketball IQ were higher than LeBron's, then why does he makes more mistakes and is a less consistent player than LeBron?
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject:

ForrestHump wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
What impressed me about Lebron from when I first watched his first televised high school game was the joy he played with and how unselfish he was as a player. He dominated without forcing anything. That's rare even Jordan never did that.

MJ when he was the Bulls' playmaker

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/massdagod/omggg.jpg

I was referring to being impressed by a 17 year old player who's mental approach to the game was different from other players with the same amount of talent and skill. Especially in an era where T-Mac, Kobe and Iverson were dominating. Also when Jordan first came into the league he wanted to score as much as he could. Lebron was different.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe and Lebron (Body or Skills?)

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just a thought.

If Kobe had LBJ's body but retained his basketball "skills," and LBJ had Kobe's body, but retained his basketball "skills," what would be the result?

I've been a big hater of LBJ, but I respect basketball too much to say LBJ is not an all-time top 10-15 great right now.

But I always wondered if LBJ was say a 6'6" 215 small forward, would he be as great?

I have no doubts that Kobe could transfer his skills quite well to LBJ's body. Kobe has an ideal frame for a shooting guard no doubt, but if he had the keys to LBJ's 6'8 260 pound frame, I wonder about the damage he could inflict.

Anyways, not to diminish LBJ, but no doubt his once-in-a-generation combination of skill and size make him who he is.

It seems like all you're asking is: "If a basketball player was able to retain all his current skills, quickness, speed etc. and simply become bigger would that be an advantage for him?"

Of course.

If you let Lebron keep all his skills and bulk, etc, and gave him Wilt's height, imagine the damage he'd inflict.

If you let Chris Paul keep his quickness, ball handling and passer ability and gave him Shaq's body, imagine the damage he'd inflict.

Well said. This is why people using this sci-fi scenario never means much. You mean to tell me if you took Shaq's skills and put him into Chris Paul's body his game would be less effective? Stop the presses!
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
No doubt if Kobe kept his skills and had LeBron's body he'd be the GOAT. He'd probably be the best post player in the game. Way too big for guards, too fast for forwards.

But come on guys, we all know LeBron is the basketball lord and savior.

Funny thing is, Kobe's the best post player in the game now....as is.

If Kobe had LeBron's freakish build and athleticism, it would be downright scary. Conversely, if other players had Kobe's dedication and work ethic, the NBA would be blessed with greater players.

I always said, if Shaq had Kobe's dedication, he'd be the greatest player ever. Hands down.

Kiss my Converse.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
No doubt if Kobe kept his skills and had LeBron's body he'd be the GOAT. He'd probably be the best post player in the game. Way too big for guards, too fast for forwards.

If Kobe had LeBron's freakish build and athleticism, it would be downright scary. Conversely, if other players had Kobe's dedication and work ethic, the NBA would be blessed with greater players.

I always said, if Shaq had Kobe's dedication, he'd be the greatest player ever. Hands down.

Agree 100%. His entire prime would consist of his 99-00 intensity and hunger, with his rookie mobility and defense.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

Agree 100%. His entire prime would consist of his 99-00 intensity and hunger, with his rookie mobility and defense.

Plus, he'd be in shape all those years. I mean, imagine Shaq playing the game at the optimal weight AND adding certain aspects/skills to his game year after year. GOAT.

Kiss my Converse.
dawglaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
ringThingDoUrThiNg wrote:
Kobes athleticism is NOT what held him back. Conversely, LBJs athleticism is NOT what makes him a great player.

It's definitely the biggest factor.

Lebron wouldn't be half as good as he is now at 6'7 215
dawglaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
LeBron is getting better every year. Right now he's the best in the league. He may stay that way for a long time, even as he gets older and slower because he keeps improving.

If Kobe had LeBron's physical gifts he'd be the GOAT. Then again, if Nash had LeBron's physical gifts he'd be the GOAT too. If Chris Paul had LeBron's physical gifts, he'd be the GOAT. If I had LeBron's physical gifts I'd be a professional athlete.

But in reality, none of them have those gifts. Those belong to LeBron. Combined with his skills and work ethic, he might end up being the GOAT.

Lebron never had the heart nor determination before last year, he believed waaay into his own hype and espn's hype to be taken seriously
dawglaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject:

players and coaches don't fear Kobe's physique or skills as much as they fear his heart and determination, they know they have to play harder and scrappier than him to even stand a chance, they know that when the games on the line, it would take something close to an act of god to keep him from winning the game, he's had that in him for the past 10 years now Lebron is just barely scratching the surface of it and he's already in his 10th year
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: