Kobe is still the best player in the NBA
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Darth Los Angeles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 881

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

I just spent two hours arguing with a bunch of Heat fans telling me that Lebron is the best player in the NBA and Kobe isn't even in the top 5 anymore.

The argument is that Kobe doesn't put up the numbers or have the efficiency of Lebron. To me it doesn't even matter. Until a Lebron begins to spit venom and has the killer mentality that Kobe still has, Kobe will continue being the best until retires.

I think people underestimate the greatness of Kobe. It isn't easy being a killer. It may look easy, but it's damn hard.
_________________
“There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.” ―Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 7107
Location: Thessaloniki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Just wait until Lebron loses these finals. THEN go on a rampage on those Heat fans.
_________________
I wrote:
The anagram for Danny Granger is GRANNY DANGER!!!

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 79868
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Nothing wrong with being biased.
_________________
He once gave a pep talk and both teams won
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Peanutz
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Cmon bro lets be real here. Lebron is the best player in the NBA, even if you don't like him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakeshow2422
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Apr 2013
Posts: 434

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Just the fact that Kobe is in the discussion at age 34 with Lebron at age 28 should tell you something
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bodyrock
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Posts: 2602

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nothing wrong with being biased.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Darth Los Angeles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 881

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Peanutz wrote:
Cmon bro lets be real here. Lebron is the best player in the NBA, even if you don't like him.


Really? Best at what? Stat stuffing? I will give him that. Lebron rebounds and passes the ball because it comes easy to him. Being a killer isn't. Kobe on the other hand is a killer and has been from day one. I'd take old Kobe over prime Lebron any day of the week.
_________________
“There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.” ―Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Peanutz
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Peanutz wrote:
Cmon bro lets be real here. Lebron is the best player in the NBA, even if you don't like him.

I'd take old Kobe over prime Lebron any day of the week.
Really bro?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Voices
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 7291
Location: Oxnard, Ca.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I just spent two hours arguing with a bunch of Heat fans telling me that Lebron is the best player in the NBA and Kobe isn't even in the top 5 anymore.

The argument is that Kobe doesn't put up the numbers or have the efficiency of Lebron. To me it doesn't even matter. Until a Lebron begins to spit venom and has the killer mentality that Kobe still has, Kobe will continue being the best until retires.

I think people underestimate the greatness of Kobe. It isn't easy being a killer. It may look easy, but it's damn hard.


It's really hard assessing LJ because he is so efficient, however if the Heat cannot beat the Spurs then LJ Legacy will be damaged, because he would still have just one championship. LJ owes Kobe in 2008 for getting him the Olympic Gold, he showed LJ and the rest of the US players what it takes to win, Kobe showed the team the killer instinct in person.
_________________
.....
.....
ALTHOUGH HE STANDS 6 FEET 2 INCHES, JIM BUSS ATTENDED JOCKEY SCHOOL WHEN HE WAS 20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 16832

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow2422 wrote:
Just the fact that Kobe is in the discussion at age 34 with Lebron at age 28 should tell you something


You mean how people been compare him to Michael Jordan for the last 15 years or so probably mean something? And for Michael, considered to be the greatest ever, to pick Kobe over Lebron also mean something?
_________________
You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Darth Los Angeles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 881

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Peanutz wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Peanutz wrote:
Cmon bro lets be real here. Lebron is the best player in the NBA, even if you don't like him.

I'd take old Kobe over prime Lebron any day of the week.
Really bro?


Yeah bro. It's really simple...

Lebron is in his 10th yr and still doesn't have a patent shot or signature move that gets him a bucket. What's hard to understand? Then on top of that, Lebron still isn't a killer.

The Heat give Lebron so many opportunities to score that is ridiculous. The floor is spaced to the max at all times, yet Lebron still cannot become a killer. Give Kobe the shooter Lebron has and it's a nightmare for the entire NBA.
_________________
“There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.” ―Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 7107
Location: Thessaloniki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Peanutz wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Peanutz wrote:
Cmon bro lets be real here. Lebron is the best player in the NBA, even if you don't like him.

I'd take old Kobe over prime Lebron any day of the week.
Really bro?


Yeah bro. It's really simple...

Lebron is in his 10th yr and still doesn't have a patent shot or signature move that gets him a bucket. What's hard to understand? Then on top of that, Lebron still isn't a killer.

The Heat give Lebron so many opportunities to score that is ridiculous. The floor is spaced to the max at all times, yet Lebron still cannot become a killer. Give Kobe the shooter Lebron has and it's a nightmare for the entire NBA.


I think Kobe's 5 rings came from him being in a proper position to succeed. Lebron? 1 out of 3. Not impressed with Lebron.

Moreover, how can people say something vague like "Lebron makes his teammates better" which is totally intangible and then deny Kobe's "killer mentality/instinct" for being vague? Hypocrisy much?
_________________
I wrote:
The anagram for Danny Granger is GRANNY DANGER!!!

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Darth Los Angeles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 881

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I just spent two hours arguing with a bunch of Heat fans telling me that Lebron is the best player in the NBA and Kobe isn't even in the top 5 anymore.

The argument is that Kobe doesn't put up the numbers or have the efficiency of Lebron. To me it doesn't even matter. Until a Lebron begins to spit venom and has the killer mentality that Kobe still has, Kobe will continue being the best until retires.

I think people underestimate the greatness of Kobe. It isn't easy being a killer. It may look easy, but it's damn hard.


It's really hard assessing LJ because he is so efficient, however if the Heat cannot beat the Spurs then LJ Legacy will be damaged, because he would still have just one championship. LJ owes Kobe in 2008 for getting him the Olympic Gold, he showed LJ and the rest of the US players what it takes to win, Kobe showed the team the killer instinct in person.


I understand what you are saying but here is the truth...


Jordan is 6 out of 6 in NBA Finals - 100%

Shaq is 4 out of 5 in the NBA Final - 80%

Kobe is 5 out of 7 in NBA Finals - 71%

Bird is 3 out of 5 in the NBA Finals - 60%

Magic Johnson is 5 out of 9 in NBA Finals - 55%

Lebron is 1 out of 3 in NBA Finals - 33%
_________________
“There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.” ―Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 16832

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I just spent two hours arguing with a bunch of Heat fans telling me that Lebron is the best player in the NBA and Kobe isn't even in the top 5 anymore.

The argument is that Kobe doesn't put up the numbers or have the efficiency of Lebron. To me it doesn't even matter. Until a Lebron begins to spit venom and has the killer mentality that Kobe still has, Kobe will continue being the best until retires.

I think people underestimate the greatness of Kobe. It isn't easy being a killer. It may look easy, but it's damn hard.


It's really hard assessing LJ because he is so efficient, however if the Heat cannot beat the Spurs then LJ Legacy will be damaged, because he would still have just one championship. LJ owes Kobe in 2008 for getting him the Olympic Gold, he showed LJ and the rest of the US players what it takes to win, Kobe showed the team the killer instinct in person.


I understand what you are saying but here is the truth...


Jordan is 6 out of 6 in NBA Finals - 100%

Shaq is 4 out of 5 in the NBA Final - 80%

Kobe is 5 out of 7 in NBA Finals - 71%

Bird is 3 out of 5 in the NBA Finals - 60%

Magic Johnson is 5 out of 9 in NBA Finals - 55%

Lebron is 1 out of 3 in NBA Finals - 33%


/Case closed.
_________________
You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Peanutz
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Peanutz wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Peanutz wrote:
Cmon bro lets be real here. Lebron is the best player in the NBA, even if you don't like him.

I'd take old Kobe over prime Lebron any day of the week.
Really bro?


Yeah bro. It's really simple...

Lebron is in his 10th yr and still doesn't have a patent shot or signature move that gets him a bucket. What's hard to understand? Then on top of that, Lebron still isn't a killer.

The Heat give Lebron so many opportunities to score that is ridiculous. The floor is spaced to the max at all times, yet Lebron still cannot become a killer. Give Kobe the shooter Lebron has and it's a nightmare for the entire NBA.
That's your problem you are comparing Lebron to Kobe. Lebron is more like Magic Johnson was Magic considered a killer? No!

Lebron/Kobe are 2 different players, I love how you say Lebron doesn't have a signature move to get him a bucket. Have you ever watch Lebron play? He has a lot of moves that get him a bucket did you see him in the post vs Indiana dude scored at will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 7107
Location: Thessaloniki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

SilverBullet wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I just spent two hours arguing with a bunch of Heat fans telling me that Lebron is the best player in the NBA and Kobe isn't even in the top 5 anymore.

The argument is that Kobe doesn't put up the numbers or have the efficiency of Lebron. To me it doesn't even matter. Until a Lebron begins to spit venom and has the killer mentality that Kobe still has, Kobe will continue being the best until retires.

I think people underestimate the greatness of Kobe. It isn't easy being a killer. It may look easy, but it's damn hard.


It's really hard assessing LJ because he is so efficient, however if the Heat cannot beat the Spurs then LJ Legacy will be damaged, because he would still have just one championship. LJ owes Kobe in 2008 for getting him the Olympic Gold, he showed LJ and the rest of the US players what it takes to win, Kobe showed the team the killer instinct in person.


I understand what you are saying but here is the truth...


Jordan is 6 out of 6 in NBA Finals - 100%

Shaq is 4 out of 5 in the NBA Final - 80%

Kobe is 5 out of 7 in NBA Finals - 71%

Bird is 3 out of 5 in the NBA Finals - 60%

Magic Johnson is 5 out of 9 in NBA Finals - 55%

Lebron is 1 out of 3 in NBA Finals - 33%


/Case closed.


x out of x finals is irrelevant. Kobe would never have chocked like Lebron did in 2011.

/case closed
_________________
I wrote:
The anagram for Danny Granger is GRANNY DANGER!!!

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JL
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 27 May 2013
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject:

LeBron has all the tools, just not the mentality.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OOO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I know this is LAKERSground but come on people. Lebron is clearly the best player in the NBA. Kobe is still top 3 imo.

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Kobe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KBH
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 8716

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject:

What does being a killer even mean? People speak in generalities a bit too much. Was Magic less of a killer than Jordan because he would get 19 and 12 assists instead of scoring 32 points like MJ? If you speak vaguely enough you can make your point about anything because your point is undefined.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Voices
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 7291
Location: Oxnard, Ca.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I just spent two hours arguing with a bunch of Heat fans telling me that Lebron is the best player in the NBA and Kobe isn't even in the top 5 anymore.

The argument is that Kobe doesn't put up the numbers or have the efficiency of Lebron. To me it doesn't even matter. Until a Lebron begins to spit venom and has the killer mentality that Kobe still has, Kobe will continue being the best until retires.

I think people underestimate the greatness of Kobe. It isn't easy being a killer. It may look easy, but it's damn hard.


It's really hard assessing LJ because he is so efficient, however if the Heat cannot beat the Spurs then LJ Legacy will be damaged, because he would still have just one championship. LJ owes Kobe in 2008 for getting him the Olympic Gold, he showed LJ and the rest of the US players what it takes to win, Kobe showed the team the killer instinct in person.


I understand what you are saying but here is the truth...


Jordan is 6 out of 6 in NBA Finals - 100%

Shaq is 4 out of 5 in the NBA Final - 80%

Kobe is 5 out of 7 in NBA Finals - 71%

Bird is 3 out of 5 in the NBA Finals - 60%

Magic Johnson is 5 out of 9 in NBA Finals - 55%

Lebron is 1 out of 3 in NBA Finals - 33%

I'm confused, what did you not understand about my post to respond the way you did? LJ being efficient has nothing to do with titles, it about his production which is damm good. His production/efficienty does not match winning when it matters most. That's why I said if he does not win this year it really hurts his legacy.
_________________
.....
.....
ALTHOUGH HE STANDS 6 FEET 2 INCHES, JIM BUSS ATTENDED JOCKEY SCHOOL WHEN HE WAS 20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OOO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I just spent two hours arguing with a bunch of Heat fans telling me that Lebron is the best player in the NBA and Kobe isn't even in the top 5 anymore.

The argument is that Kobe doesn't put up the numbers or have the efficiency of Lebron. To me it doesn't even matter. Until a Lebron begins to spit venom and has the killer mentality that Kobe still has, Kobe will continue being the best until retires.

I think people underestimate the greatness of Kobe. It isn't easy being a killer. It may look easy, but it's damn hard.


It's really hard assessing LJ because he is so efficient, however if the Heat cannot beat the Spurs then LJ Legacy will be damaged, because he would still have just one championship. LJ owes Kobe in 2008 for getting him the Olympic Gold, he showed LJ and the rest of the US players what it takes to win, Kobe showed the team the killer instinct in person.


I understand what you are saying but here is the truth...


Jordan is 6 out of 6 in NBA Finals - 100%

Shaq is 4 out of 5 in the NBA Final - 80%

Kobe is 5 out of 7 in NBA Finals - 71%

Bird is 3 out of 5 in the NBA Finals - 60%

Magic Johnson is 5 out of 9 in NBA Finals - 55%

Lebron is 1 out of 3 in NBA Finals - 33%

I'm confused, what did you not understand about my post to respond the way you did? LJ being efficient has nothing to do with titles, it about his production which is damm good. His production/efficienty does not match winning when it matters most. That's why I said if he does not win this year it really hurts his legacy.


People post stupid things when they're blinded by homerism. Lebron is the best player in the league whether you like it or not. Apparently reading comprehension is not that dude strongest suit so he decides to post NBA finals win record for some apparent reason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 23846
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>> Ithaca, New York. (Upstate NY)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Stop being a homer.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2002
Posts: 2656
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject:

You spent two hours arguing this? With Heat fans?

Dang, I thought I was the master of time wasting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Darth Los Angeles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 881

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I just spent two hours arguing with a bunch of Heat fans telling me that Lebron is the best player in the NBA and Kobe isn't even in the top 5 anymore.

The argument is that Kobe doesn't put up the numbers or have the efficiency of Lebron. To me it doesn't even matter. Until a Lebron begins to spit venom and has the killer mentality that Kobe still has, Kobe will continue being the best until retires.

I think people underestimate the greatness of Kobe. It isn't easy being a killer. It may look easy, but it's damn hard.


It's really hard assessing LJ because he is so efficient, however if the Heat cannot beat the Spurs then LJ Legacy will be damaged, because he would still have just one championship. LJ owes Kobe in 2008 for getting him the Olympic Gold, he showed LJ and the rest of the US players what it takes to win, Kobe showed the team the killer instinct in person.


I understand what you are saying but here is the truth...


Jordan is 6 out of 6 in NBA Finals - 100%

Shaq is 4 out of 5 in the NBA Final - 80%

Kobe is 5 out of 7 in NBA Finals - 71%

Bird is 3 out of 5 in the NBA Finals - 60%

Magic Johnson is 5 out of 9 in NBA Finals - 55%

Lebron is 1 out of 3 in NBA Finals - 33%

I'm confused, what did you not understand about my post to respond the way you did? LJ being efficient has nothing to do with titles, it about his production which is damm good. His production/efficienty does not match winning when it matters most. That's why I said if he does not win this year it really hurts his legacy.


No, don't get it wrong. I understood what you were saying. I was just speaking to the bolded part of your statement. You said it's really hard to assess Lebron due to his efficiency.

My point was that his efficiency really doesn't matter because he has a 33% winning percentage in NBA Finals and on the way to being 25% with his only ring being in a strike shortened season. Other that that, I agreed with you.
_________________
“There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.” ―Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 18911
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Lebron's 30 points on 60% shooting for 6 straight games makes him the greatest of all time guys.


Wait, bernard king did that for 42 straight games?





....
Who?
_________________
Go Lakers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB