Kobe is still the best player in the NBA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swift
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

OOO wrote:
Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I just spent two hours arguing with a bunch of Heat fans telling me that Lebron is the best player in the NBA and Kobe isn't even in the top 5 anymore.

The argument is that Kobe doesn't put up the numbers or have the efficiency of Lebron. To me it doesn't even matter. Until a Lebron begins to spit venom and has the killer mentality that Kobe still has, Kobe will continue being the best until retires.

I think people underestimate the greatness of Kobe. It isn't easy being a killer. It may look easy, but it's damn hard.

It's really hard assessing LJ because he is so efficient, however if the Heat cannot beat the Spurs then LJ Legacy will be damaged, because he would still have just one championship. LJ owes Kobe in 2008 for getting him the Olympic Gold, he showed LJ and the rest of the US players what it takes to win, Kobe showed the team the killer instinct in person.

I understand what you are saying but here is the truth...

Jordan is 6 out of 6 in NBA Finals - 100%

Shaq is 4 out of 5 in the NBA Final - 80%

Kobe is 5 out of 7 in NBA Finals - 71%

Bird is 3 out of 5 in the NBA Finals - 60%

Magic Johnson is 5 out of 9 in NBA Finals - 55%

Lebron is 1 out of 3 in NBA Finals - 33%

I'm confused, what did you not understand about my post to respond the way you did? LJ being efficient has nothing to do with titles, it about his production which is damm good. His production/efficienty does not match winning when it matters most. That's why I said if he does not win this year it really hurts his legacy.

People post stupid things when they're blinded by homerism. Lebron is the best player in the league whether you like it or not. Apparently reading comprehension is not that dude strongest suit so he decides to post NBA finals win record for some apparent reason.

Can't agree more. You could literally bring up any statistical or literally anything, but I have a feeling all hes going to say is "he doesn't have the killer instinct" or whatever. The guys the defending world champion have some respect.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
You spent two hours arguing this? With Heat fans?

Dang, I thought I was the master of time wasting.

Ha! It was well worth it.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
What does being a killer even mean? People speak in generalities a bit too much. Was Magic less of a killer than Jordan because he would get 19 and 12 assists instead of scoring 32 points like MJ? If you speak vaguely enough you can make your point about anything because your point is undefined.

Are you serious?
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject:

When a good portion of the fans from your own team dont agree that Kobe is the best, its time to give it a rest. Kobe hasnt been the best player of the NBA clearly since 2009-2010. Dont really care for Lebron but I will see he is the greatest player i have ever seen with Shaq a close second
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Most "fans" on this board are not fans.
Suckmaki Walker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject:

kobe better than lebron

for a guy who doesn't have a 'go to' move he is much better at getting baskets then kobe has ever been.

he is still good but isn't touching lebron. stop being a homer. using words like 'killer' to back up an argument because you don't have facts to back it up make you look silly.
KES8514
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject:

I enjoy watching Kobe more than any player in the league, even at his age. But c'mon man, LeBron is the best player in the league right now. It's not even close. He makes it look too easy at times.

Kobe had his reign as best player in the league for many years. LeBron has that crown right now.
Peanutz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
KBH wrote:
What does being a killer even mean? People speak in generalities a bit too much. Was Magic less of a killer than Jordan because he would get 19 and 12 assists instead of scoring 32 points like MJ? If you speak vaguely enough you can make your point about anything because your point is undefined.

Are you serious?
No are you serious with this thread?

Lebron is the best player in the NBA, quit being a homer and accept reality.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Kobe vs Lebron is kinda like Federer vs Nadal. Finesse and skill vs Power and Athleticism. Head to head Nadal owns Federer and not just on clay either. Federer has more titles so far but when these two go head to head now...its a laugher kinda like saying Kobe could outproduce Lebron if they were to go head to head in a playoff series. Even at Federer's best he had a rough time with Nadal. Kobe even at his very best would have had a hard time outproducing Lebron in a playoff setting. If you control the variables that their teammates are exactly equal in skill and talent, a prime Kobe would have had a hard time beating Lebron at any point in his career.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Suckmaki Walker wrote:
kobe better than lebron

for a guy who doesn't have a 'go to' move he is much better at getting baskets then kobe has ever been.

he is still good but isn't touching lebron. stop being a homer. using words like 'killer' to back up an argument because you don't have facts to back it up make you look silly.

Really? How should I quantify a "killer mentality". What should I do to make it clear? To me it isn't that hard. If you want to rest on Lebron stats that is fine. If stats are good enough for a player to be considered the best that is fine too.

But for me it isn't. I need a guy like Kobe who understand game situations and true impact that a superstar is supposed to have. That is my opinion. If that makes me look silly then so be it. I know a killer when I see one. Lebron isn't and Kobe is. Five championships back that up.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Suckmaki Walker wrote:
kobe better than lebron

Really? How should I quantify a "killer mentality". What should I do to make it clear? To me it isn't that hard. If you want to rest on Lebron stats that is fine. If stats are good enough for a player to be considered the best that is fine too.

But for me it isn't. I need a guy like Kobe who understand game situations and true impact that a superstar is supposed to have. That is my opinion. If that makes me look silly then so be it. I know a killer when I see one. Lebron isn't and Kobe is. Five championships back that up.

Correct me if I am wrong but Im sure people said the same thing when Michael was at 0 and Magic was at 5 in 1991. Or in Michaels case, a ballhog scoring champ could never win a title
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Kobe even at his very best would have had a hard time outproducing Lebron in a playoff setting.

And you're basing this on... absolutely nothing.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Suckmaki Walker wrote:
kobe better than lebron

Correct me if I am wrong but Im sure people said the same thing when Michael was at 0 and Magic was at 5 in 1991. Or in Michaels case, a ballhog scoring champ could never win a title

Jordan's problem was never a lack of heart or killer instinct as it is with Lebron. You cannot compare the two at all.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Kobe even at his very best would have had a hard time outproducing Lebron in a playoff setting.

I chose to ignore that comment. It wasn't even worth fleshing it out.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Its conjecture based on their regular season matchups...i know regular season is not a good idea to go on but its the only thing we have between these two. Lebron more often than not outproduces Bryant
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:

Alright. You're wrong. Ballhog scoring champs had already won titles before the 90s.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Athletically, Lebron is better but so what? You are not the better player because you are more athletic. If that were the case SHAQ would be the hands down the best player EVER.

Statistically, who cares? Numbers don't tell everything. It's the context that matters. If numbers only mattered then LARRY BIRD, STEVE NASH, JOHN STOCKTON and super efficient player would be considered the best.

It's about how much IMPACT did you have in WINNING MULTIPLE CHAMPIONSHIPS.

You take Kobe out of LA and Lakers win squat. ZERO! NOTHING!

Last I checked, Heat RECENTLY won a championship WIHOUT LEBRON.

The cHeat manipulated the system. Wade and Bosh, who both by the way are superstars in their own right, convinced Lebron to sign the summer before the CBA rules changed. They got away with it but MIA IMO was guilty of tampering indirectly through Wade, whose a conceited and ugly character.

LEBRON has a chance to prove he is a difference maker in winning multiple titles, it would be his second. He has to be like Kobe. Untill we are saying the same thing about someone else like

If only Durant were more like Lebron then Lebron would be the best hands down.

But we don't say that. The media always says if Durant was more like Jordan or Kobe.

Until that changes, Lebron is just a cheating, conceited and ugly character who is riding a STACKED team

Last edited by thumpinghead on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Alright. You're wrong. Ballhog scoring champs had already won titles before the 90s.

Im pretty sure that was what the media was crying out back then and the Bulls 4-1 win was not expected either. THe Lakers were actually favored
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Dealing with miami fans became a lot easier for me once I accepted the fact that most people are idiots.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Im pretty sure that was what the media was crying out back then and the Bulls 4-1 win was not expected either. THe Lakers were actually favored

What? The Lakers were old and hurt? What are you talking about?
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Im sure its as laughable as u saying Bryant is better than Lebron now...you have a point several years ago. Now you look like an idiot
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Im sure its as laughable as u saying Bryant is better than Lebron now...you have a point several years ago. Now you look like an idiot

Chill with the names man. Just discuss the topic.
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nothing wrong with being biased.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Lebron at almost 29 now and we are still saying he has to be more like Jordan or Kobe.

We weren't saying Kobe has to be more like Jordan at 29. We were saying Kobe is so similar to Jordan whose better
dhemmati
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject:

LeBron had a 18, 18, 10, and it was considered a bad game. Enough.
This is not even a close comparison anymore. Primes? Maybe, but right now, no.

You are also not taking into account that Kobe will never be the same Kobe.
This achilles injury is being forgotten by all the fans.

Regardless of how soon he comes back, this injury will completely take away all of his athleticism, and we will be lucky to see him average 22 a game.

Anyway, enough with this no killer instinct thing. LeBron has also become the most clutch player in the league.
Just because his under 5-minute shots and game winners are layups rather than jump shots does not make it any less impressive; rather, it actually makes him even more impressive.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19
Jump to: