Kobe is still the best player in the NBA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Born89FanIn95 wrote:
Peanutz wrote:
LMAO this thread should be locked.

Anyone who doesn't think Lebron isn't the best player in the NBA right now is either a Lebron hater or just have no idea about the game of basketball.

HAHAHA exactly what i was thinking

Thing is I hate Lebron but you just can't deny he is the best player in the league right now. Kobe at his age, is outrageous for sure, but this is not his prime.

When you watch sports you need to try and stay objective about certain things, you just can will them to be the way you want them to be.

So as a Lakers fan would i have place a bet on the Lakers out of the first round? never ! not with my cash. Would I run my mouth and say we had a long shot, probably. But the smart money was with the Spurs/Heat.
Melbournelad
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:
Lebron had one of the best seasons ever, Kobe had one of the best season imaginable for a player in his 17th season, why folks can't be in awe
of both, is beyond comprehension.

That's far too reasonable.

Kobe deserves way more credit than that. Where's the middle ground on this site? That sounds like a compliment for Tim Duncan, but Kobe had 50times better of a year. Kobe played like the 2nd best player in the NBA,he shot a high % and put the team on his back/lead his team to victory more than KD. And he avg6 assists,one of his highest averages of his career.

What about his atrocious defense? I never thought i would see the day i have to criticise my favourite player, but it's delusional fans like you that give Laker fans a bad name. It's 2013, and at this point in time Kobe is nowhere near Lebron (who i don't even like).

Last edited by Melbournelad on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melbournelad
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Peanutz wrote:

Anyone who doesn't think Lebron isn't the best player in the NBA right now is either a Lebron hater or just have no idea about the game of basketball.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Kobe would have thanked his teammates. Lebron is jerk
THG365
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject:

murasakiANDgold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Quote:
Seriously that was the most ridiculous bull (bleep) I've heard in my life.

Quote:
Stop removing your comment you annoying (bleep).

Quote:
Don't you ever call me kiddo again. You understand? Good. Now go back to swinging on Lebron's balls.

murasakiANDgold, those 3 posts were good for two weeks of everyone here not having to put up with you.

wow 2 weeks for this... ridiculous dude
RVCdesigns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject:

Kobe is not the best player in the league. He is legendary, but he is no longer the best player in the NBA. He was the best player in the NBA in 2008.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
1eyed_jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Peanutz wrote:

You do realize you basically just said anyone who thinks lebron is the best player is a lebron hater

gotta watch those double negatives when trying to prove a point!

Last edited by 1eyed_jack on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject:

1eyed_jack wrote:
Peanutz wrote:

You do realize you basically just said anyone who things lebron is the best player is a lebron hater

That's what happens when kids type above their actual vocabulary capability.
zeroakuma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject:

Are Lakers fans so insecure, or is just pure hatred of other great players who are not on the Lakers?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject:

zeroakuma wrote:
Are Lakers fans so insecure, or is just pure hatred of other great players who are not on the Lakers?

In recent years, sports fandom has increasingly become a hater culture. There has always been an element of hate in spectator sports, but message boards, talk radio, and the 24 hour news cycle feed the hater culture. Bill Simmons was the high priest of the hater culture, though he has toned it down. When you see the vitriol in discussions like this, about 50% of it is just the hater culture.

The other 50% is Kobe fans who fear that he will not occupy the spot in NBA lore that they think he deserves. This isn't insecurity per se. It is more a matter of frustration and disappointment.
ReturnoftheMarc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject:

Honestly, not sure about Kobe still being the best player in the entire league at this point of his career but one thing is for sure, he still is the best CLOSER in the NBA.
ChrisCrossed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
1eyed_jack wrote:
Peanutz wrote:

You do realize you basically just said anyone who things lebron is the best player is a lebron hater

So it'd be wrong if I said this thread is what happens when old people are stuck in the past right?

Honestly don't be so insecure, Kobe had his run as the best player in the league for a solid 7-8 years.
1eyed_jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject:

ChrisCrossed wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
1eyed_jack wrote:
Peanutz wrote:

So it'd be wrong if I said this thread is what happens when old people are stuck in the past right?

Honestly don't be so insecure, Kobe had his run as the best player in the league for a solid 7-8 years.

I've got no problem with people having that opinion. I'd actually probably agree with it.

Just saying, if you're going to be typing, have some idea of what you are actually saying.

I don't disagree with his original post!
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject:

ChrisCrossed wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
1eyed_jack wrote:
Peanutz wrote:

What does being old have to do with this thread? It's about having patience and perseverance. You cats needs to stop being so wishy washy in your thoughts.

Ohhh Lebron has stats!

Ohhh Lebron dunks real hard!

So what. As soon as he loses a step his entire game is gonna fall apart.

As far as I am concerned, Kobe is still the best player in the league.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
ChrisCrossed wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
1eyed_jack wrote:
Peanutz wrote:

What does being old have to do with this thread? It's about having patience and perseverance. You cats needs to stop being so wishy washy in your thoughts.

Ohhh Lebron has stats!

it's your opinion and you're entitled to it but you're definitely in the minority.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
ChrisCrossed wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
1eyed_jack wrote:
Peanutz wrote:

Ohhh Lebron has stats!

it's your opinion and you're entitled to it but you're definitely in the minority.

Hey, I am perfectly fine with that. Somebody has to be right/wrong. I prefer to rely on what I have known to be true since 1996. Kobe is not that brother you doubt. Simple as that. On top of that, I prefer to be patient.

Lebron hasn't shown me anything to suggest he's a better basketball player than Kobe.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

Minority on LG and US.

Not minority in china and europe and the rest of the world.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Minority on LG and US.

Not minority in china and europe and the rest of the world.

possibly. The US is where the league actually is. Career wise? Bryant has the better resume. Bean is truly loved around the world. But as of right now, he's battling Durant for the second spot.

Number one is sewn up by James and it's really not even close.
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject:

ReturnoftheMarc wrote:
Honestly, not sure about Kobe still being the best player in the entire league at this point of his career but one thing is for sure, he still is the best CLOSER in the NBA.

Durant is the best closer in the league. If we go by percentage, even LeChoke James is a better closer than Kobe.
Melbournelad
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
ChrisCrossed wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
1eyed_jack wrote:
Peanutz wrote:

Ohhh Lebron has stats!

Really? That's like me saying Gerald Henderson is a better player than Kobe because "stats don't matter". A real basketball fan wouldn't let their biase towards their favourite player effect their understanding of who the best player in the league is. Kobe is my favourite player, and I DISLIKE Lebron, but he has been the BEST player in the league for the last 3 years at least.

Why don't you actually give us some facts and reasoning as to why Kobe is a better player in 2013 instead of "as far as i'm concerned".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19
Jump to: