Deal reached in Kobe memorabilia lawsuit, parents issue an apology
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamba3301
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject:

The only people who look bad in this are Kobe's parents...they look like gold-diggers. Funny because they stopped talking to him for marrying a woman who was a gold-digger in their opinion.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
The Shadow King wrote:
Damn... it would break my heart if it were my parents doing this. My mother wouldn't sell the Mr. Freeze picture that I drew her in 3rd grade for anything.
bad comparison. you drew it for HER. kobe was not winning rings and playing ball for his parents. he did that for himself. sure he gave them some things after he earned awards and wore jersey's etc. but the truth is, he didnt do those things for them. thats completely different.

It is still a cherished memory. The sentiment is the same. But even if they are not the same, you mean to tell me Kobe didn't mind much that they sold his trophies because he didn't earn those things FOR them? I find that incredibly far-fetched.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
In my opinion this makes Kobe look bad, I don't have a clue what's going on in their family but his parents shouldn't have to resort to this. Kobe is mega rich, he should make sure his folks are well taken care of. Like I said, I'm just speaking from a perspective of an outsider looking in.

I'm an outsider looking in, and I don't get your perspective. How does Kobe's parents stealing from their son make KOBE look bad?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject:

I wonder; They wanted a home in Vegas, did they ask Kobe to buy it for them, did he say no? I get the impression there's some jealousy involved.

If I understand correctly, he bought Vanessa's parents a larger house than he did them.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Thisismyusername
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
In my opinion this makes Kobe look bad, I don't have a clue what's going on in their family but his parents shouldn't have to resort to this. Kobe is mega rich, he should make sure his folks are well taken care of. Like I said, I'm just speaking from a perspective of an outsider looking in.

I'm an outsider looking in, and I don't get your perspective. How does Kobe's parents stealing from their son make KOBE look bad?

Why would you make your own parents issue a public apology....
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I wonder; They wanted a home in Vegas, did they ask Kobe to buy it for them, did he say no? I get the impression there's some jealousy involved.

If I understand correctly, he bought Vanessa's parents a larger house than he did them.
yes, thats the issue.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject:

The Shadow King wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
The Shadow King wrote:
Damn... it would break my heart if it were my parents doing this. My mother wouldn't sell the Mr. Freeze picture that I drew her in 3rd grade for anything.
bad comparison. you drew it for HER. kobe was not winning rings and playing ball for his parents. he did that for himself. sure he gave them some things after he earned awards and wore jersey's etc. but the truth is, he didnt do those things for them. thats completely different.

It is still a cherished memory. The sentiment is the same. But even if they are not the same, you mean to tell me Kobe didn't mind much that they sold his trophies because he didn't earn those things FOR them? I find that incredibly far-fetched.
you're missing my point. its not about kobe. your parents keep your old stuff because THEY want to cherish it. if you draw your mother something in the 1st grade. she will keep it forever. you drew it for HER.

kobe plays ball for HIMSELF, he wins FOR HIMSELF. just so happened he gave them things after he won things, he left his child hood jersey's.

those things are more or less garage stuff. not stuff a parent would go thru and go "awwww, i remember when you were 2 years old and you made this for me and daddy."

the only person that would be all extra proud of his hoop stuff is his dad(unless his mom was heavy into sports and basketball).
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

So what? They know Kobe has done A LOT for them. Why are they keeping score? Regardless, you're not supposed to steal from your children. We bring children into this world, we raise them, we support them...THAT'S OUR JOB!! That's what we're supposed to do as parents.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
The Shadow King wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
The Shadow King wrote:

you're missing my point. its not about kobe. your parents keep your old stuff because THEY want to cherish it. if you draw your mother something in the 1st grade. she will keep it forever. you drew it for HER.

kobe plays ball for HIMSELF, he wins FOR HIMSELF. just so happened he gave them things after he won things, he left his child hood jersey's.

those things are more or less garage stuff. not stuff a parent would go thru and go "awwww, i remember when you were 2 years old and you made this for me and daddy."

the only person that would be all extra proud of his hoop stuff is his dad(unless his mom was heavy into sports and basketball).

Nothing you said here amounts to a hill of beans.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Joe and Pam were stank-ass wrong for that. Just wrong!!!! They wouldn't get another 2 nickels to rub together from me after that stunt.

hoops why don't you tell us how you really feel.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

So what? They know Kobe has done A LOT for them. Why are they keeping score? Regardless, you're not supposed to steal from your children. We bring children into this world, we raise them, we support them...THAT'S OUR JOB!! That's what we're supposed to do as parents.

Just saying hoops.

hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Joe and Pam were stank-ass wrong for that. Just wrong!!!! They wouldn't get another 2 nickels to rub together from me after that stunt.

hoops why don't you tell us how you really feel.

I know . But it just irks me. They had their son's stuff hid away in some out of state storage facility. They made this deal 3 months before it came out and didn't even bother to tell their son beforehand. This was a plot. This was their 401K plan and they were attempting to cash out on stuff that they knew didn't belong to them. If they knew and were comfortable with doing what they were doing, they wouldn't have been all underhanded about it. So wrong....
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

He offered to buy them a house in Vegas for no more than $250K. Pamela turned it down because she said it wasn't enough and she wanted $400K to put down on a house. Kobe said No.

It has also been revealed that the house Vanessa's mother leave in is a house owned by Kobe and Vanessa it's not really hers.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

It looks like an act of desperation on their part. She probably needed the money so bad, while Kobe is swimming in it. She has got all these valuables in her possession, so she decides to do something with it. I'm not saying she is in the right, his parents are probably greedy SOBs, but this is not good publicity at all, the whole thing is just awkward
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject:

Do Joe and Pamela have any independent income? If not they're biting the hand that feeds them.

hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

It looks like an act of desperation on their part. She probably needed the money so bad, while Kobe is swimming in it. She has got all these valuables in her possession, so she decides to do something with it. I'm not saying she is in the right, his parents are probably greedy SOBs, but this is not good publicity at all, the whole thing is just awkward

She was soooo desperate for a 3rd home that she had to sell her son's things?
forzaCOREA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject:

sucks for kobe.. nothing new though.. didn't they not even go to his wedding because they weren't happy he was marrying a non african american? wtf is that.. it's yo (bleep) son.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject:

Apparently there are two kinds of people in this world: Those that feel they are entitled to whatever their family members have, and those that don't.

The Bryant's should be ashamed of themselves.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
alexjlake_gr8t
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:

Where the heck have you been when ANYONE has had access to statements made on both sides? What part of multiple houses, money, cars and gifts given do you not understand? He has still given even after his 'parents' disowned him for marrying without their blessing. Read young man, it's fundamental.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

She was soooo desperate for a 3rd home that she had to sell her son's things?

I'm not defending her at all. I'm just saying this is bad publicity, no body looks good in this situation...the public apology was awkward as hell
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject:

Listening to the morning news on the radio today, I'm still surprised that news outlets are getting the story wrong and reporting that Kobe was suing his mother and for good measure mention that it happened during mother's day. When will they actually get the facts right?
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject:

alexjlake_gr8t wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Where the heck have you been when ANYONE has had access to statements made on both sides? What part of multiple houses, money, cars and gifts given do you not understand? He has still given even after his 'parents' disowned him for marrying without their blessing. Read young man, it's fundamental.

Pardon me for not knowing the whole story. It's their family business, it never peaked my interest I was too busy doing more important things with my life.
alexjlake_gr8t
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject:

Nordvader wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He offered to buy them a house in Vegas for no more than $250K. Pamela turned it down because she said it wasn't enough and she wanted $400K to put down on a house. Kobe said No.

It has also been revealed that the house Vanessa's mother lives in is a house owned by Kobe and Vanessa it's not really hers.

This needs to be placed at the beginning of the thread so folks can stop with the jealousy excuse for wanting another house. Unlike his parents btw, the in-laws were there for the birth of his first daughter, his parents stayed away on their own accord. And the 250k was for a down payment which infers there would be more $ coming as he was accustomed to providing. His mother said no because the house SHE wanted was more expensive and needed 450k for the down. He said that was too much and instead of her being gracious for what she has already received, went ahead with was her plan to sell his items.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject:

Mamba3301 wrote:
The only people who look bad in this are Kobe's parents...they look like gold-diggers. Funny because they stopped talking to him for marrying a woman who was a gold-digger in their opinion.

Pretty ironic, huh? And I'm still trying to figure out why Vanessa is a gold-digger. What girl doesn't want to marry a young, good-looking, rich NBA player? If she's a gold-digger, then aren't ALL girls gold-diggers?
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Incredible. They still get to sell some of his stuff. So disrespectful. I would stop supporting them altogether.
now let me ask this question. do you think kobe has ever done anything wrong in his childhood? if so. during that time do you think it would've been okay for his parents to stop supporting kobe?
your answer is going to be no, but but he was a kid. doesnt matter. i held you down all of your 18 years when you were the most vulnerable. so if you have the ability(financially) you should return the favor. its only right. doesnt matter what his parents did with selling that stuff. two wrongs dont make a right.

Bad comparison. Parents are supposed to know better. Kids do things impetuously without fully realizing the consequences sometimes. This was a very deliberate move by his parents to profit off of items they KNEW didn't belong to them. It's one thing to make a mistake. But this was a plot.

Well his parents chose to make Kobe he didn't chose his parents. That being said I am sure he will continue to support them.

Coach Wooden
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: