OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE, JIM BUSS, COACHING CHOICES DISCUSSION THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 143, 144, 145  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject:

Do you expect anything less from Jim Buss?

As Howard said, he was "less than impressive" at the meeting.

That is a polite way of saying he is "out of his league" and is pretty much clueless.
mab0824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject:

WaltonFam wrote:
mab0824 wrote:
I really don't want that fool on the lakers. But why would we want an over 30 Lebron anyways. His entire game is based around athleticism.

hard to complain if that athleticism gets you multiple championships

I personally don't think he's going to have the crazy athleticism he does now in 2-3 years. Look at how effective Shaq was when he got older and lost his explosiveness - not championship material.
DMArtestQB
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Blame the front office for the reason the lakers are where they're at now.

But don't blame Mitch. Everything he tried to do this season to improve the culture of the team was overruled by Jimbo. They had Phil in the bag. But Jimbo hired dantoni without Mitch knowledge. Mitch can only do so much. From what I've heard from several agents that it was Mitch that could've improved the roster this season but Jim wanted to wait to 2014 or 2015. That's is as inside as it gets. (yes. I'm cool with agents. Ron son is a 6'7 14yr old with game. They on him early)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject:

I think its alot easier to blame david stern for where the lakers are at now
salami
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject:

(bleep)
mastersworddude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject:

inb4JimBussdefenseforce
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Blame the front office for the reason the lakers are where they're at now.

DMArtestQB wrote:
But don't blame Mitch. Everything he tried to do this season to improve the culture of the team was overruled by Jimbo. They had Phil in the bag. But Jimbo hired dantoni without Mitch knowledge. Mitch can only do so much. From what I've heard from several agents that it was Mitch that could've improved the roster this season but Jim wanted to wait to 2014 or 2015. That's is as inside as it gets. (yes. I'm cool with agents. Ron son is a 6'7 14yr old with game. They on him early)

This makes sense to me, but I may be biased because I'm clearly in the camp that really dislikes Jim Buss.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
I think its alot easier to blame david stern for where the lakers are at now

That trade wasn't some magic bullet. We were giving up 2/3 of our championship frontcourt for a star PG who's never made it past the second round of the playoffs.

The way things turned out though...we lost Lamar for basically nothing, when Jimbo jumped at the chance to recoup most of the salary dump he would have gotten if the trade had gone through.

If the plan was to get Dwight to pair with CP3...we can see the fruits of that now.

The trade was a huge risk, the fallout of the veto was worse. It's arguable whether that trade should have even been considered.
raven
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject:

The only person to blame here is Dwight. You can look as far across our hallway into the Clipps lockerroom to see that the city of LA > poor ownership...Chris Paul stayed even after Donald Sterling trashed him to the media.

Dwight is a coward, he is not a winner and he is the only person to blame on this nightmare season.
LakerDan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Blame the front office for the reason the lakers are where they're at now.

DMArtestQB wrote:

Makes perfect sense. I never remember in my 30 plus years of following major sports, a head coach being hired without even 1 face to face interview.
Let alone a guy that just quit on the Knicks 6 months earlier and was pumped up on pain killers after knee surgery and in no shape to coach for at least 2-3 weeks. They hired him after talking to him over the phone. His response was, "You're joking right?" Or something to that effect.

Mitch should tell Jim to let me do my job or I will go do it for another team.

Then it will be Jim, Chazz, and Joey running the Lakers into he ground.
SmokeAndAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject:

Who could we have traded this season to improve the roster? Pau...he had tendinitis, a plantar fascia tear and a concussion. Nash...missed practically half the season with injuries. Jordan Hill...same thing. Blake...same thing. Kobe..he has a no-trade clause. Metta...not likely. Nobody else on our roster has value.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject:

Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject:

If Mitch had no restrictions on what to do by that idiot above him, we'd sure look a loot different right now. Different coach. Different players. Different culture.
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject:

please shoot me
salami
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject:

DMArtestQB wrote:
...They had Phil in the bag. But Jimbo hired dantoni without Mitch knowledge. Mitch can only do so much...

If this is true, its justification for the Laker Nation to rise up and invoke their power to force Jim Buss out. I hope there are intelligent people with influence that are putting things in motion.

If its not true, it is very irresponsible to say because it is the most damning decision from Jim Buss I've heard coming from an insider.
LakerDan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject:

Remember the story of acquiring Nash, basically Jim said to Mitch call Nash's agent at midnight. You have to wonder if Mitch ever would have pursued a 38 year old point guard like Nash. Mitch played in the league and knows more about the game then Jim will ever know. I guarantee Mitch knows in the history of the NBA only a handful of point guards played at the age of 39-40 and were productive at all. ie- Stockton, who else?

Just remember ultimately Lamar, Bynum, 3 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks, McRoberts & Eyenga are all gone and all the Lakers have to show for it is soon to be(Feb) 40 year old Nash.

I don't care that D12 is gone, but getting absolutely nothing for him really stings.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject:

^ Under the old CBA, Lakers would've gotten something back by being able to S&T a 5 year deal.
purplehaze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: When does plan B officially start?

Plan b should have been anticipated and prepared for. I expected to see some signings,trades even a leak or too. Too quite Whats up?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Mitch works in silence. Always has, always will.
lakerfanfor40years
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Sorry, this whole Dwight can't handle the spotlight nonsense just reeks of jilted lover syndrome.

Dwight would never have considered staying in the first place if that was the case.

The reality is that the Lakers sent him a very clear message. We are keeping the coach who marginalizes his role on the team, throws players under the bus and can't coach a team to a title. He has to live with a franchise player who diminishes his contributions and essentially tells him to shut up and hang out in the shadows. Not to mention the fanbase that routinely ripped him in an injury year where he came back early to try and help out and then made him the scapegoat for the team's failings. All the lame billboards in the world aren't going to undo that.

Exactly correct on all points

This has nothing to do with Dwight being small or cowardly. There weren't many reasons for Dwight to stay outside of the possibility that they might become contenders after the 2014 FA period, but given the decision making by the front office, it'd be hard to put much faith in that.

Dwight did what he saw as the best thing for him, and I can see why he did. Any of this mudslinging towards him is unwarranted.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Blame the front office for the reason the lakers are where they're at now.

DMArtestQB wrote:

Jim hired MD without Mitch's knowledge? Maybe Mitch was against it, but he wasn't out of the loop.
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Blame the front office for the reason the lakers are where they're at now.

24 wrote:
DMArtestQB wrote:

Jim hired MD without Mitch's knowledge? Maybe Mitch was against it, but he wasn't out of the loop.

go look at the shelburne piece. this is 3 well connected insiders confirming the same story. it was the doctor who made the call and him alone. woj said it, so did mark heisler and so did shelburne. allow your biases to rest for a second. it was not jim period. thats not to say he wasnt happy his dad did what he did, cause he hates him too.
mackytotskee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Blame the front office for the reason the lakers are where they're at now.

DMArtestQB wrote:

If what you posted is true, then it seems Mitch is reduced to nothing more than a spokesperson or a puppet.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanfor40years wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Sorry, this whole Dwight can't handle the spotlight nonsense just reeks of jilted lover syndrome.

Dwight would never have considered staying in the first place if that was the case.

The reality is that the Lakers sent him a very clear message. We are keeping the coach who marginalizes his role on the team, throws players under the bus and can't coach a team to a title. He has to live with a franchise player who diminishes his contributions and essentially tells him to shut up and hang out in the shadows. Not to mention the fanbase that routinely ripped him in an injury year where he came back early to try and help out and then made him the scapegoat for the team's failings. All the lame billboards in the world aren't going to undo that.

This has nothing to do with Dwight being small or cowardly. There weren't many reasons for Dwight to stay outside of the possibility that they might become contenders after the 2014 FA period, but given the decision making by the front office, it'd be hard to put much faith in that.

Dwight did what he saw as the best thing for him, and I can see why he did. Any of this mudslinging towards him is unwarranted.

Not surprised you agree with that opinion. It's a whole lotta baloney.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
lakerfanfor40years wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Not surprised you agree with that opinion. It's a whole lotta baloney.

Howard felt the pressure and bolted. Dwight is small and cowardly in that regard - blaming Buss, Kobe and the Lakers, even the fans is stupid.
Howard understood what's at stake... it's championship/s or bust for him. if he fails to win as a Laker, he will be regarded as the only Center in Lakerlore not to win - a Loser.

in Houston, he can clown all day and fans will still love him, even if he don't win (bleep). no pressure on him.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 143, 144, 145  Next
Page 17 of 145
Jump to: