OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE, JIM BUSS, COACHING CHOICES DISCUSSION THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
LOL. I like Thibs an all.. but I shudder at the thought of coming onto the forum to hear people talk about how he's running his players into the ground. It'll probably be over-looked though because he "preaches defense" but stagnant offense be damned.

Thibs as head coach
Dantoni as offensive coach

Problem solved
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233054/Jazz-Considering-Ettore-Messina-For-Head-Coaching-Job

Even the Jazz are thinking outside the box. Bet we're going to settle with a Byron Scott type scrub coach and delay the full rebuilding one or two years further. wow

I would add Messina to my list of coaches I'd like us to hire.....

JVG
SVG
Ollie
Cal
Messina
Coach K (although I'm worried he's a little too old)

What about Hoiberg?

He has shown that he can develop young players at Iowa St. which is important considering we have a lottery pick.

If we can get a top 3 pick we can get either Wiggins or Embiid both of whom he knows well having coached against them last season.

He also was the former VP of basketball operations for Minnesota so maybe he could help us get Love in 2015.

I want him as our next head coach if D'Antoni is fired.
Black Salt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Bulls arent losing because he has run his team into the ground. They are losing because they dont have one offensive weapon who can consistently score. And even when Rose was playing, they only had one.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject:

The Bulls would be making a mistake if they were to fire him. He is one of the top coaches in the NBA.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't Messina on our staff with Brown? lol
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Black Salt wrote:
Bulls arent losing because he has run his team into the ground. They are losing because they dont have one offensive weapon who can consistently score. And even when Rose was playing, they only had one.

Well and they traded Deng which Thibs was extremely unhappy about.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Black Salt wrote:

I can't quite put my finger on it.. but that sounds like a very familiar situation I know of but is regarded to in a much different manner..
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Thibs and front office have beef. Now Bulls are down 0-2. If they lose this series, this could be it for Thibs.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Thibs and front office have beef. Now Bulls are down 0-2. If they lose this series, this could be it for Thibs.

The Bulls have no offense...there was no way they were gonna win this series. Their main offensive weapon is out for the year.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Not sure why the bulls would blame thibs. They traded his best remaining offensive weapon and one of his best players away to save money. If I were thibs though, ID be telling them to go (bleep) themselves
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Not sure why the bulls would blame thibs. They traded his best remaining offensive weapon and one of his best players away to save money. If I were thibs though, ID be telling them to go (bleep) themselves

Thibs/Boozer/1st round pick package deal.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
24 wrote:

Didn't learn anything from the kg/doc fiasco eh?
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I almost felt bad for Phil when I read this article. As much as Phil might dislike Jimmy and may have had friction with Dr Buss, I think Phil is about to find out that Jim Dolan is a whole different thing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/source-dolan-stop-jackson-knick-staff-firings-article-1.1765645

Quote:
Just one month into his role as Knicks president, Jackson has already clashed with Dolan, the chairman of Madison Square Garden, over personnel decisions, the Daily News has learned. According to a team source, Jackson is looking to remove several staff members, which is commonplace when a new administration takes over, but Dolan opposes removing certain employees.

Whatever faults the Busses have, they probably seem like saints next to Dolan. There's a reason why the Knicks just keep failing, and that black hole could pull in Phil if he's not careful.

A lot of people get unhappy with our front office. But all you have to think about is Sterling or Dolan to realize we are in much better shape than many.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Thibs gets the most he can from the guys with D. He just has crap to work with on O.

Bye.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
24 wrote:

Yeah, grease the right palms.
Black Salt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
Thibs gets the most he can from the guys with D. He just has crap to work with on O.

Bye.

Where you going?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
24 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
24 wrote:

A coach can't be part of compensation for a player. NBA rules.
TRAPSTAR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
LOL. I like Thibs an all.. but I shudder at the thought of coming onto the forum to hear people talk about how he's running his players into the ground. It'll probably be over-looked though because he "preaches defense" but stagnant offense be damned.

Thibs as head coach
Dantoni as offensive coach

Problem solved

The Suns asked Dantoni if they wanted an Thibs on his coaching staff, he said no
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
24 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
24 wrote:

A coach can't be part of compensation for a player. NBA rules.

Separate deals.
SickwithIt1010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject:

If the recent reports of Vogel coaching for his job in the playoffs is true, I would hire him in a split second. The guy is a helluva coach.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject:

SickwithIt1010 wrote:
If the recent reports of Vogel coaching for his job in the playoffs is true, I would hire him in a split second. The guy is a helluva coach.

Ya, he'd shoot to #1 on my list of available guys, even with the meltdown this year and some pretty gruesome offensive schemes.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject:

TheLakerWay wrote:
Whatever faults the Busses have, they probably seem like saints next to Dolan. There's a reason why the Knicks just keep failing, and that black hole could pull in Phil if he's not careful.

A lot of people get unhappy with our front office. But all you have to think about is Sterling or Dolan to realize we are in much better shape than many.

And, people actually think Phil Jackson can clean up that mess of a poo are being delusional it's gonna take the Knicks quite a bit of time just to gain respect around the league..... the Lakers will win a championship before the Knicks do... that's guaranteed.
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
TheLakerWay wrote:

And, people actually think Phil Jackson can clean up that mess of a poo are being delusional it's gonna take the Knicks quite a bit of time just to gain respect around the league..... the Lakers will win a championship before the Knicks do... that's guaranteed.

I agree. I think Dolan is a cancer. No matter what he says, Dolan will always keep final authority and he seems guaranteed to bungle his decisions.

As long as Dolan has a bunch of cronies employed by the Knicks, they won't win anything. Dolan seems more concerned with keeping his own power intact than in actually winning a title.

Lakers are in much better hands.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject:

I hear Frank Vogel is coaching for his job in the playoffs. Want him?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SickwithIt1010 wrote:

Ya, he'd shoot to #1 on my list of available guys, even with the meltdown this year and some pretty gruesome offensive schemes.

The Pacers look like they're bubble might be about to burst.

To say this is a crucial year for them is understating it. If they come up short, changes will be forthcoming.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145  Next
Page 142 of 145
Jump to: