Official [FREE AGENCY] Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 401, 402, 403 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject:

I think that most players by now understand who Howard is, and I don't think there will be a rush of guys to play with him. Players around the league respect Kobe, and I think they see how Howard cannot play with a dominant player like him, so I am guessing they assume he couldn't play next to them.
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject:

I think the Lakers will keep Pau, by being creative with the cap. As far as contenders go the majority of them are only armed with the MLE. So we should be able to outbid them for Pau's services if need be.

I can see the lakers offering Pau a two year $20 Million Dollar extension with the 2nd year being a player option for $6 Million. Meaning Pau would make $14 Million next season on a front loaded contract, and more than likely opt out for 2015. Freeing up potential space for Love.

With 14 Million dedicated to Gasol we would have an additional $8 Million or so to play with on a long term deal 4-5 years for a player like Lance Stephenson or Kyle Lowry. Modestly I think the only teams that would be willing to pay them over $10 Million per would be their own teams. So we should be able to Accomplish 4-5 years with one of them depending on if the pick is a PG (Sign Stephenson)or a Front Court Player (Sign Lowry).

We can probably accomplish either player with a 4 year $40 Million dollar deal that starts off making $8 Mill in year one, $12 Mill in year two (Offsetting the $6Million from Pau opting out), then $10 Million in subsequent years. Obviously if we can get them cheaper than stated amounts that would be great.

That would essentially give us this core for 2014 and set up space for Kevin Love in 2015 to replace or pair with Pau depending on Pau's decision to opt in or out.

Kobe
Pau
Lowry or Stephenson
1st Round Draft Pick
League Minimum Fillers (Marshall, Farmar, Sacre Etc.)

Definitely not a championship team year one, but a team that can grow together and be prepared to compete in 2015, and ultimately dominate in the future (with another superstar next to Love, Stephenson, and Lottery Pick)
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:
If Irving doesn't except an extension this summer is he a unrestricted free agent?

No. The following year, he'd have to take the 1 year qualifying offer for a little over 9 million, and then he could be unrestricted in 2016 at the earliest.

What do you think the odds of him doing that are, since he is hurt every year?
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
pio2u wrote:
F.Y.I:

Quote:
Phil Jackson and the New York Knicks are progressing toward a deal to sign veteran free agent Lamar Odom before the NBA regular season ends Wednesday, according to sources briefed on the situation.

LAMAR..LINK

If that's the kind of move that PJ is eyeing for the Knicks, they will never amount to much.

I read elsewhere that this gives NY another unguaranteed contract to include in a trade package this summer....
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I think that most players by now understand who Howard is, and I don't think there will be a rush of guys to play with him. Players around the league respect Kobe, and I think they see how Howard cannot play with a dominant player like him, so I am guessing they assume he couldn't play next to them.

So they would ignore how Howard is playing next to Harden this year?

If LeBron leaves this summer I think the Rockets, Suns and Bulls would have the best shot at landing him (not in tht order). Any team will have to have a core better than Wade/Bosh or the chance to create one, immediately.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
pio2u wrote:
F.Y.I:

Quote:
Phil Jackson and the New York Knicks are progressing toward a deal to sign veteran free agent Lamar Odom before the NBA regular season ends Wednesday, according to sources briefed on the situation.

LAMAR..LINK

If that's the kind of move that PJ is eyeing for the Knicks, they will never amount to much.

I read elsewhere that this gives NY another unguaranteed contract to include in a trade package this summer....

More than that, it's about giving a player a chance who played his heart out for you and has Triangle experience. Lamar is a leader in the locker room, or at least was when he played. Read Amare's quote - he says they missed veteran leadership of Kidd, Wallace etc. from last season vs this season.

Phil is bringing him in now instead of training camp to get him to work out in NY, and NY can keep tabs on him and bring him in whenever they want. If Lamar fails to work out and prove he is serious (chance this will happen) they will cut him without using a spot on next year's team. There was no way of monitoring Lamar and pushing him without the contract in place.

He is giving a guy a chance, who could also present much of what Phil believes in system wise and how to play basketball (share the basketball, play as a team). He did the same with Ron Harper, Pippen, Ho Grant, when he got to LA. He's always wanted his old players to come in and tutor his current core players. And BTW, the Clippers were ready to sign Lamar last year before Lamar himself took himself out with the drug issues. Pretending as if this move is some sort of move to make the Knicks a championship team is ridiculous. Phil is definitely going to bring in a lot of what he believes in, and to do that you bring in people who had success with your vision who can then share that with new teammates who have never had that success.

Not only was this nice of Phil to do, it is much like what he has always done. Bring in past players who had success with his vision/Triangle and for them to influence the new core of players (Like Harper did for Kobe, for example).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If LeBron leaves this summer I think the Rockets, Suns and Bulls would have the best shot at landing him (not in tht order). Any team will have to have a core better than Wade/Bosh or the chance to create one, immediately.

I like Harden, but he isn't a proven winner, Kobe is. It takes something extra to win, and Howard showed here last season that he doesn't have that and couldn't handle the expectations. Lebron will expect to win if he stays or goes, and Kobe offers him more toward that goal than Howard does.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
24 wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:
If Irving doesn't except an extension this summer is he a unrestricted free agent?

No. The following year, he'd have to take the 1 year qualifying offer for a little over 9 million, and then he could be unrestricted in 2016 at the earliest.

What do you think the odds of him doing that are, since he is hurt every year?

He would be the first, so the odds would be long.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
pio2u wrote:
F.Y.I:

Quote:

LAMAR..LINK

More than that, it's about giving a player a chance who played his heart out for you and has Triangle experience. Lamar is a leader in the locker room, or at least was when he played. Read Amare's quote - he says they missed veteran leadership of Kidd, Wallace etc. from last season vs this season.

Phil is bringing him in now instead of training camp to get him to work out in NY, and NY can keep tabs on him and bring him in whenever they want. If Lamar fails to work out and prove he is serious (chance this will happen) they will cut him without using a spot on next year's team. There was no way of monitoring Lamar and pushing him without the contract in place.

He is giving a guy a chance, who could also present much of what Phil believes in system wise and how to play basketball (share the basketball, play as a team). He did the same with Ron Harper, Pippen, Ho Grant, when he got to LA. He's always wanted his old players to come in and tutor his current core players. And BTW, the Clippers were ready to sign Lamar last year before Lamar himself took himself out with the drug issues. Pretending as if this move is some sort of move to make the Knicks a championship team is ridiculous. Phil is definitely going to bring in a lot of what he believes in, and to do that you bring in people who had success with your vision who can then share that with new teammates who have never had that success.

Not only was this nice of Phil to do, it is much like what he has always done. Bring in past players who had success with his vision/Triangle and for them to influence the new core of players (Like Harper did for Kobe, for example).

and there in you have Knicks problem Amare and Carmelo, their 2 highest paid players should be that vet leadership not saying they missed it from two retired guys
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

lol

Bulls: YES
Rockets? NO
Suns: why suns? what do they have?
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject:

Reliable?

Quote:

Melo said if the plan is to build for 2015 he can't be a part of another losing season.

— Steve Popper (@StevePopper) April 17, 2014
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

lol

Rockets? NO

Lot's of capspace and a lot of draft picks to rebuild.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

lol

Rockets? NO

lebron at this stage gives rats a$$ for draft picks
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

lol

Rockets? NO

True, I give you a .0001% chance that LBJ goes to the Suns and a .0099% chance that he goes to the Rockets
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject:

And I would say 98% chance Lebron opts in and stays at least one more year in Miami.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

lol

Rockets? NO

lebron at this stage gives rats a$$ for draft picks

I was referring to the picks being used to improve the team (via trade).
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
And I would say 98% chance Lebron opts in and stays at least one more year in Miami.

Agreed. The Wade/Bosh core seems to be better than what else is out there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Yup.

Then guess what, the Knicks team all of a sudden have a max slot (and more) to offer. Melo/LBJ...whoa.
Megatron24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject:

Cap gurus is this lineup possible for nxt season

Kyle Lowry
Kobe
Melo
J Randle
J Hill

I think that starting lineup if healthy is top 4 in west
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Unless Bosh feels under-appreciated and leaves. That could be the domino.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject:

Comment removed.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject:

Megatron24 wrote:

Kyle Lowry
Kobe
Melo
J Randle
J Hill

Nope .. Lowry going to want $10M+
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Unless Bosh feels under-appreciated and leaves. That could be the domino.

i will tell you this: Bosh doesn't have the balls to leave when Lebron and Wade are not opting out.

take it to the bank
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject:

Megatron24 wrote:

Kyle Lowry
Kobe
Melo
J Randle
J Hill

hehee not. how are you going to pay Lowry and Melo?
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject:

I think we give Pau 3 years 24 mil. $10-8-6 on a declining scale. Should leave us enough for Love next summer and Durant or LBJ the following summer. I doubt he gets more money elsewhere.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 401, 402, 403 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next
Page 402 of 2904
Jump to: