Official [FREE AGENCY] Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 404, 405, 406 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:
I still believe if lakers go back to a half court game and move pau back to pf and get a defensive center they could be a top team in the west. With there draft pick .

maybe someone like Gortat?

Can we get Gortat and Deng or we'd be over the cap?

Gortat/Sacre
Pau/Kelly
Deng/Young
Kobe/Meeks
Exum/Nash/Farmar

That team is pipe but I still don't think it's good enough to be a top playoff contender, maybe a 5 seed.

Pau is soft, Kelly is softer.... Kelly'd be nice as a third string shooter off the bench..
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Pau is soft, Kelly is softer.... Kelly'd be nice as a third string shooter off the bench..

Kelly is not softer than Gasol.
SickwithIt1010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject:

GRE4T ONE wrote:
Horford would be great next to pau

Horford is a natural 4...so that would need to be his spot.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
If the Lakers bring Pau back, it is a sign they have given up on contending anytime in the near future.

The guy plays no defense at all, none.

but who else is out there as a free agent that would be better than Pau? Ofcourse I'm going on the assumption Pau would take a significant paycut to stay here.

Assuming we're offering him below market terms, why would Pau stay?
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject:

composite wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
If the Lakers bring Pau back, it is a sign they have given up on contending anytime in the near future.

but who else is out there as a free agent that would be better than Pau? Ofcourse I'm going on the assumption Pau would take a significant paycut to stay here.

Because of Kobe Bryant :

Apparently he's the only reason he would consider staying a laker next season.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject:

composite wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Why would we want him to stay? $10 million to Pau or $12 - 14 million to try and steal Monroe???

Im sorry, but a 24 year old player that is already averaging 16 and 10, that should be our main target. I know people say that he is horrible at defense but the guy is ONLY 24!!!! We bring him here and bring Kareem in to work with him.
SickwithIt1010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
composite wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Why would we want him to stay? $10 million to Pau or $12 - 14 million to try and steal Monroe???

Im sorry, but a 24 year old player that is already averaging 16 and 10, that should be our main target. I know people say that he is horrible at defense but the guy is ONLY 24!!!! We bring him here and bring Kareem in to work with him.

I hope you don't think that Monroe is a center.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
deal wrote:

He's a Lilly...

You don't want him against real PF's, he'd be a liability...
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject:

If, the Lakers fail to convince Pau to take a paycut.... I wouldn't mind sending Pau to Denver in a S&T for Faried.
The Joker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject:

I guess let the games begin. I expect this thread to catch fire for the next few months.

Quote:
The Bulls, Rockets, Lakers and Clippers are among the teams expected to pursue unrestricted free agent Carmelo Anthony.
The Knicks can offer Anthony a five-year, $129 contract. The max he can get from other teams is four years and $95 million. But the Knicks have almost no room to reshape their roster, so re-signing there would not give Anthony his best shot at his stated goal of winning. If he's serious about competing for a title, Melo will take a massive pay cut and sign with Chicago, which could field a starting five of Derrick Rose, Jimmy Butler, Anthony, Taj Gibson and Joakim Noah.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10797307/carmelo-says-winning-most-important-factor-free-agency-decision
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
If, the Lakers fail to convince Pau to take a paycut.... I wouldn't mind sending Pau to Denver in a S&T for Faried.

Why would Denver trade Faried for Gasol? We'd have to take back a bad contract like McGee or Gallinari as well. No thanks
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

SickwithIt1010 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
composite wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

He can be a MUCH better center than what is out there right now. Some of you guys are hoping for a center that plays like they did in 90s. Those days are long gone.

I would much rather sign Monroe this summer as opposed to keeping Pau, waiting on Love or drafting Embiid.

That is just my opinion.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject:

I like Monroe but we would likely have to overpay to get him. I wouldn't give him anything over 10M per year.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
deal wrote:

He's a Lilly...

He weighs like 150 pounds. He's a rook. He'll add strength this offseason and next and be a legit NBA role player.
Finnisher
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject:

IF Bucks draft Embiid and are ready to give up on Sanders, should we make a run at him? It's a bad contract right now but if he can get back to the level he was in 2012-2013 season, then it's a different story.

Obviously Nash would be a part of this trade and the Bucks could buy him out.

Last edited by Finnisher on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:38 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
I like Monroe but we would likely have to overpay to get him. I wouldn't give him anything over 10M per year.

We probably will have to overpay, but I truly believe he can improve his game, especially here, and become worth his contract within a year.

The Lakers know how to develop and get the best out of bigs. I don't know how high Detroit will be willing to go to match, but it is worth the try for us.

Only other free agents that interest me are Bledsoe, Lowry and Lance. I think if we get two of Bledsoe, Lowry, Lance or Monroe plus our draft pick, we will be in REALLY good shape next year.
SickwithIt1010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
SickwithIt1010 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
composite wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

He can be a MUCH better center than what is out there right now. Some of you guys are hoping for a center that plays like they did in 90s. Those days are long gone.

I would much rather sign Monroe this summer as opposed to keeping Pau, waiting on Love or drafting Embiid.

That is just my opinion.

Monroe is horrible on defense, he gets away with it in Detroit because he has a rim protector in Drummond. Monroe is a 4 and nothing else. If we signed Monroe it would be because we had Embiid or a very good defensive 5. I like his game, but he is not a center.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
deal wrote:

He's a Lilly...

real PF's are a scarcity anymore. he competes on defense at least, which puts him light years ahead of pau.
SickwithIt1010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject:

The Joker wrote:
I guess let the games begin. I expect this thread to catch fire for the next few months.

Quote:
The Bulls, Rockets, Lakers and Clippers are among the teams expected to pursue unrestricted free agent Carmelo Anthony.
The Knicks can offer Anthony a five-year, $129 contract. The max he can get from other teams is four years and $95 million. But the Knicks have almost no room to reshape their roster, so re-signing there would not give Anthony his best shot at his stated goal of winning. If he's serious about competing for a title, Melo will take a massive pay cut and sign with Chicago, which could field a starting five of Derrick Rose, Jimmy Butler, Anthony, Taj Gibson and Joakim Noah.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10797307/carmelo-says-winning-most-important-factor-free-agency-decision

How in the hell do they figure that the Clippers could sign him?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:
I still believe if lakers go back to a half court game and move pau back to pf and get a defensive center they could be a top team in the west. With there draft pick .

maybe someone like Gortat?

Can we get Gortat and Deng or we'd be over the cap?

Gortat/Sacre
Pau/Kelly
Deng/Young
Kobe/Meeks
Exum/Nash/Farmar

That team is pipe but I still don't think it's good enough to be a top playoff contender, maybe a 5 seed.

Kelly is no scrub. if the draft was done again kelly would be going in 10-25 1st round.

He needs to learn to keep his base strong so he can go after rebounds and play defense.

He has shown to have a extremely high IQ for a rookie
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

SickwithIt1010 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
SickwithIt1010 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
composite wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

That is just my opinion.

Monroe is horrible on defense, he gets away with it in Detroit because he has a rim protector in Drummond. Monroe is a 4 and nothing else. If we signed Monroe it would be because we had Embiid or a very good defensive 5. I like his game, but he is not a center.

I completely understand your point of view, I am just one that thinks a team can win using semi small ball.

His defense can still improve. That would be the beauty of signing Monroe. The fact that he is already showing a lot of talent, yet he is still young enough to grow before entering his prime in 4 years. Guys like him and Lance should be our targets. I'm tired of signing guys 30 years or older.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject:

The Joker wrote:

Quote:

meh. with Phil coming there is 0% chance that Melo is leaving.

CP3 demanded and got Doc Rivers. Signed the contract
Melo demanded and got Phil Jackson. Will sign the contract
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
The Joker wrote:

Quote:

You are probably right, although, Chicago is by far the best opportunity for him to win.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
The Joker wrote:

Quote:

You are probably right, although, Chicago is by far the best opportunity for him to win.

not even that, it's the best fit for him period. especially since rose is basically done, he wouldn't have to alter his game a bit.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
deal wrote:

LOL ... it's the debate on which toilet paper is softer.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 404, 405, 406 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next
Page 405 of 2904
Jump to: