Official [FREE AGENCY] Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 433, 434, 435 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
deal wrote:
Pau is soft, Kelly is softer.... Kelly'd be nice as a third string shooter off the bench..

Kelly is not softer than Gasol.

LOL ... it's the debate on which toilet paper is softer.

Kelly is not softer than Gasol
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

Kelly isn't soft at all. I guess being white and being able to hit a jumper is the definition of soft.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kelly isn't soft at all. I guess being white and being able to hit a jumper is the definition of soft.

I wouldn't call him soft. More like inexperienced and physically not there yet. Give him a few years and he'll be more physically ready for the NBA. I was very impressed by him this year.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject:

threetimechamps wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
deal wrote:
Pau is soft, Kelly is softer.... Kelly'd be nice as a third string shooter off the bench..

K.Love is soft, but he's also super absorbent
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject:

K. Love fits with Bryant, but Melo and Kobe duo can be made to work. They should be going after either or at this point. If you can get:

Kobe
Melo
Pau
Kelly
Marshall

That's really not a bad first step in the right direction. It's definitely a playoff caliber team, even in the west, and with the right acquisitions to get some key vet players, and the top 10 pick that becomes NBA ready, the Lakers can contend. I hope the Lakers choose the best point guard they can get in the draft.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
threetimechamps wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
deal wrote:

K.Love is soft, but he's also super absorbent

He is the quicker picker upper as well.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
K. Love fits with Bryant, but Melo and Kobe duo can be made to work. They should be going after either or at this point. If you can get:

Kobe
Melo
Pau
Kelly
Marshall

That's really not a bad first step in the right direction. It's definitely a playoff caliber team, even in the west, and with the right acquisitions to get some key vet players, and the top 10 pick that becomes NBA ready, the Lakers can contend. I hope the Lakers choose the best point guard they can get in the draft.

Defense. We don't need no stinking defense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:

Kobe
Melo
Pau
Kelly
Marshall

Kobe + Melo = $45.5, and say Pau is $10m. That's 55.5m + Nash's stretched contract, and you're at almost $59m. Doesn't leave much room to build much of a team, no?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject:

They need to start the rebuild with Kobe and the draft pick. I will get back to you on the rest once we know who that draft pick is.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
They need to start the rebuild with Kobe and the draft pick. I will get back to you on the rest once we know who that draft pick is.

I would put the order as Kobe(since he is the only given) , a new coach, then draft pick
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

People use the term "soft" as a measure of physicality. I think it's a measure of heart/how quickly someone gives up. Kelly isn't physical, but I don't think he's soft.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
People use the term "soft" as a measure of physicality. I think it's a measure of heart/how quickly someone gives up. Kelly isn't physical, but I don't think he's soft.

he had a noticeable improvement on both ends of the court, I think he can and will be a valuable role player, he has a high IQ and lots of heart
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:

Kobe
Melo
Pau
Kelly
Marshall

i would go with an option that lets us keep our pick and then add 1 of love/melo

imagine if we can draft embiid and sign Melo?

Embiid
Melo
Wes
Kobe
Farmar

is pretty good

with a bench of

Bazemore/X/young/Kelly/Sacre
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

he has an extremely high IQ. he will workout this summer and get stronger and start defending and getting those rebounds

I like his stroke...
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Kobe
Melo
Pau
Kelly
Marshall

Kobe + Melo = $45.5, and say Pau is $10m. That's 55.5m + Nash's stretched contract, and you're at almost $59m. Doesn't leave much room to build much of a team, no?

We should get Pau for a little less than that, say 8 million. Melo or KLove might sign for 18 million. Should have a pretty good 10 man roster. You have to be realistic and realize KD and Lebron are not moving. KD won't be satisfied until he wins a title in OKC, he's not like Lebron, he isn't going to leave to win. He thinks he can win one for OKC.

Lebron's wife has a juice bar in Miami. They are settled in there nicely, and he definitely won't leave Riley...he won't leave a team willingly, where he won two rings with.

It's time to be realistic. We need to form a team that can beat OKC and the Heat now knowing KD and Lebron will stay where they are. If we plan for KD and Lebron, then we are just setting ourselves back half a decade. The only one that might ever come here as KD...but that's just doubtful if Westbrook stays healthy, I'm sure those two want to keep trying and win one together for at least another 3 years, or few seasons.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

he has an extremely high IQ. he will workout this summer and get stronger and start defending and getting those rebounds

I like his stroke...

his stroke actually is the one part of his game i have fear about. he was sub-mediocre from behind the 3-point arc. in order to be a rotation player on a good team he has to be better.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Kobe
Melo
Pau
Kelly
Marshall

We should get Pau for a little less than that, say 8 million. Melo or KLove might sign for 18 million. Should have a pretty good 10 man roster. You have to be realistic and realize KD and Lebron are not moving. KD won't be satisfied until he wins a title in OKC, he's not like Lebron, he isn't going to leave to win. He thinks he can win one for OKC.

Lebron's wife has a juice bar in Miami. They are settled in there nicely, and he definitely won't leave Riley...he won't leave a team willingly, where he won two rings with.

It's time to be realistic. We need to form a team that can beat OKC and the Heat now knowing KD and Lebron will stay where they are. If we plan for KD and Lebron, then we are just setting ourselves back half a decade. The only one that might ever come here as KD...but that's just doubtful if Westbrook stays healthy, I'm sure those two want to keep trying and win one together for at least another 3 years, or few seasons.

Pau is accepting $8m and Melo taking $18m? News to me. Pau will likely get offers starting at 8m, and Melo can get up to 22-23m from New York. Doubt he takes 18m.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Kobe
Melo
Pau
Kelly
Marshall

That's assuming you want to blow your load in 2014. If we end up drafting Embiid or Vonleh, I think you go ahead and stretch Nash and spend whatever money you have in 2014. This also gives you the full MLE in 2015. If you get a perimeter player or someone like Randle, hold onto Nash and spend the 10m+ you'll have in 2015 to find an anchor. Remember it was Tyson Chandler's only season with the Mavs that they won the title. If we're gunning for the title in 2015, we don't necessarily have to pick up our anchor in 2014. But I do think it's important for Kobe/Melo and the draft pick to have a "chemistry building" year.
mporter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Kobe
Melo
Pau
Kelly
Marshall

Pau is accepting $8m and Melo taking $18m? News to me. Pau will likely get offers starting at 8m, and Melo can get up to 22-23m from New York. Doubt he takes 18m.

Melo isn't getting the max from NY. Phil explicitly said that yesterday. He expects for Melo to "be true to his word" and take less so NY can build a contender. Phil even cited the Duncan and Miami big three as examples. Pretty shocking for Phil to come out and say it during a press conference, but that's his expectation.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Kobe
Melo
Pau
Kelly
Marshall

Melo's deal will start at $20M per at minimum.

BTW, what is the most Kevin Love can sign for if he were to leave the Wolves? Base starting $16M?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject:

mporter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Kobe
Melo
Pau
Kelly
Marshall

Melo isn't getting the max from NY. Phil explicitly said that yesterday. He expects for Melo to "be true to his word" and take less so NY can build a contender. Phil even cited the Duncan and Miami big three as examples. Pretty shocking for Phil to come out and say it during a press conference, but that's his expectation.

Phil is back to his old games, the guy is slick I will give you that. He's laying the foundation if Carmelo leaves then it will be because Carmelo is greedy and didn't want to take less. Carmelo is already in a lose lose situation ... the art of Zen Warfare.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Agreed.
mporter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
mporter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Kobe
Melo
Pau
Kelly
Marshall

Phil is back to his old games, the guy is slick I will give you that. He's laying the foundation if Carmelo leaves then it will be because Carmelo is greedy and didn't want to take less. Carmelo is already in a lose lose situation ... the art of Zen Warfare.

I absolutely agree. When he basically said if Melo stays that's great, and if he leaves that's great too, was awesome. Then he said he wasn't into "woo-ing" anyone, that's more of a Jeanie Buss thing (that one hurt). But he's laying the groundwork to make an attempt to keep Melo at the right price for NY (waaaay below market value), or let him kick rocks, all the while putting the pressure on Melo to take a pay cut. Pretty slick.
pd23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject:

mporter wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
mporter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Kobe
Melo
Pau
Kelly
Marshall

I absolutely agree. When he basically said if Melo stays that's great, and if he leaves that's great too, was awesome. Then he said he wasn't into "woo-ing" anyone, that's more of a Jeanie Buss thing (that one hurt). But he's laying the groundwork to make an attempt to keep Melo at the right price for NY (waaaay below market value), or let him kick rocks, all the while putting the pressure on Melo to take a pay cut. Pretty slick.

He didn't mean it like that. He meant that he being Phil should be wooing Jeanie because that is his girlfriend and he shouldn't be wooing Melo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject:

mporter wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
mporter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Kobe
Melo
Pau
Kelly
Marshall

That should be interesting if Melo leaves and that Knicks team fails to make the playoffs again in 2015.

If Melo is staying in NY, he's giving a minor discount, not going down from $23m (or whatever his max is) to $15m. He's in his prime and unlike Miami, who is joining him this season that justifies taking a joint paycut?

He can always opt in for next season and hit free agency in 2015 too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 433, 434, 435 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next
Page 434 of 2904
Jump to: