Official [FREE AGENCY] Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 435, 436, 437 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Games like tonight are why GT thinks DeAndre is worth 15M a season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

ya playing against who? no leg JO or D green?

please i am walking out of this game right now. pissed

CP3 fouled Curry with no call. I was court side...

i know its OT but 2 things:

M Jackson has done zero adjustments
no hack a Deandre

Last edited by Jim99187 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject:

DeAndre at 15M.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
They need to start the rebuild with Kobe and the draft pick. I will get back to you on the rest once we know who that draft pick is.

I would say Kobe, draft pick and Lance Stephenson. I hope we dont pass on Lance this summer.

I don't understand the infatuation with a guy like Stephenson. He plays the same position as Bryant, who probably would not benefit from a move to the 3, as it would take too much of a physical toll on his body. Add to the fact that Lance has been labeled as selfish by his teammates and has acted like a bit of a hothead lately. I would rather have the FO go after a bonafide veteran swingman which is what this team really needs, i.e. a Deng or Ariza.
Jajwanda
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject:

It almost seems to me that these super teams were poorly constructed. Kobe-Pau were certainly not more talented than say James-Wade but the fact that you had a 2-5 combo was much stronger than say a 1-3 or a 2-3. L.A. should take that into account when trying to design a contender. These big time teams have erred.

Clippers look tough though no doubt.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I also don't like Stephenson. He seems so out of control all the time. Also I've noticed he gets upset when someone steals his rebound or doesn't passes him the ball. Seems like a selfish guy. Hibbert backs me up.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
I also don't like Stephenson. He seems so out of control all the time. Also I've noticed he gets upset when someone steals his rebound or doesn't passes him the ball. Seems like a selfish guy. Hibbert backs me up.

Lance has the highest potential out of all the FA's that r achievable

The selfish stuff is ok... Drives his value down from 11mil to 7-8 which i m ok to pay. Sign ariza with the remaing and trade thw pick for love

Lance can play pg along side kobe as kobe will handle the ball more anyways
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Atticus wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
They need to start the rebuild with Kobe and the draft pick. I will get back to you on the rest once we know who that draft pick is.

I would say Kobe, draft pick and Lance Stephenson. I hope we dont pass on Lance this summer.

We'll have the room to sign some guys beyond this year, but like Mitch said, it's about making wise choices. You don't want to make a move that's going to set you back 2-3 years. Lance would be a solid pickup, but my guy would be Gordon Hayward. He plays hard on both ends, and he is a smarter player than Lance. But most important to me, Hayward is 6'8 but he can defend both the 2 and the 3. You could easily play Gordon at the 3 next to Kobe and have him defend whoever the better player is between the 2 and 3 positions.

For better or for worse Kobe is part of our future for at least the next 2 years. Lance seems like he has great potential, but his most effective position is the same as Kobe's most effective position. Playing either of them out of position seems pointless to me when a guy like Gordon could easily slide in and play the 3 for us for the next 4+ years.

I like Hayward but isn't he a restricted free agent? I think Utah will keep him or he'll end up in Boston.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Atticus wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

We'll have the room to sign some guys beyond this year, but like Mitch said, it's about making wise choices. You don't want to make a move that's going to set you back 2-3 years. Lance would be a solid pickup, but my guy would be Gordon Hayward. He plays hard on both ends, and he is a smarter player than Lance. But most important to me, Hayward is 6'8 but he can defend both the 2 and the 3. You could easily play Gordon at the 3 next to Kobe and have him defend whoever the better player is between the 2 and 3 positions.

For better or for worse Kobe is part of our future for at least the next 2 years. Lance seems like he has great potential, but his most effective position is the same as Kobe's most effective position. Playing either of them out of position seems pointless to me when a guy like Gordon could easily slide in and play the 3 for us for the next 4+ years.

I like Hayward but isn't he a restricted free agent? I think Utah will keep him or he'll end up in Boston.

I prefer stephenson 10times out of 10 over hayward. He wants paul george type of money ehen he is half the player PG is
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

The selfish stuff is ok... Drives his value down from 11mil to 7-8 which i m ok to pay. Sign ariza with the remaing and trade thw pick for love

For 7-8 no doubt but anything over 10 and I would have to think about it. You're right though, his potential is very high. I'm just not the gambling type, I would prefer a much more safer bet. That's why I'm leaning on trading the pick unless we get into the top 3.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Atticus wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Big fan of Hayward's game, but I found it funny to see such a smart and steady-handed player make bonehead play after bonehead play this season in order to contribute to Utah's massive tank job. But he's definitely the type of player you want on a good team. I think Utah will retain him, but he'll be an intriguing option no doubt.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

For 7-8 no doubt but anything over 10 and I would have to think about it. You're right though, his potential is very high. I'm just not the gambling type, I would prefer a much more safer bet. That's why I'm leaning on trading the pick unless we get into the top 3.

I think he can be had for 7-8mil. 1 mil over what indy can offer

Stephenson
Kobe
Ariza

Can be a good wing combination
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
ahaider wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
ahaider wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ahaider wrote:

Well for starters he's be playing with this guy named Goran Dragic

You know the guy who just won most improved player, is top 5 in MVP voting and whose team sans Bledsoe the majority of the season just won 49 games.

He'd have plenty of capspace to work with to improve the team as well. Phoenix is better than Los Angeles now and into the future.

Lots of future guessing going on.

If your only objection is the top 5 voting then I'm looking forward to the MVP totals. He's a well known deserving candidate for the lower rings of MVP voting.

If the issue is whether Phoenix would trade Bledsoe for Love? I'm not worried about guessing. It's a logical proposal and one that makes some sense for both parties.

He isn't anymore deserving than any of the other top candidates. I mean, Memphis was one of the better team in the league when Gasol got healthy, but no one thinks he should be Top 5 in MVP voting.

While Marc is deserving of some consideration, no player did more with less than Dragic. Look at his roster.

What they accomplished was absolutely remarkable. He didn't have his second option the majority of the season.

Memphis was under .500 when Gasol was out, while Phoenix was over .500 with Bledsoe out.

To be honest, I don't see how he even cracks the Top 10 when it comes to voting for the MVP. He isn't very popular, and other guys had better years.

Paul 3rd seed, and league leader in assist
Harden 4th seed and top 5 in scoring
Alridge 5th seed, and 1 of only 3 players to average 20 and 10
Curry 6th seed, and top 10 in both points and assists
Parker or Duncan, lead the Spurs to the best record in the league
George lead the Pacers to number 1 seed in the East
Noah, top 4 seed with Rose and Deng
Derozan, Top3 seed after the trade of Rudy Gay.

And I didn't even mention the TOP 3. Durant, Lebron, and Blake Griffith.

They didn't have Bledsoe for the majority of the season and the reason they were + .500 was because of Dragic. Every team you mentioned has significantly more talent than Dragic.

Who is his 2nd guy? Gerald Green!

No one did more with less. They were projected to win 19 games with Bledsoe the entire season. If they beat Memphis, they would be playing instead of them right now.

But they didn't beat Memphis, and no one is claiming Marc Gasol or Dirk should be TOP 5 MVP candidates.

You can't punish those other players because they play with better talent.

It's not their fault that Phoenix tried to tank before the beginning of the season by trading their two best big man.

The NBA has always been about winning at the highest level. It's the reason that Nash won the MVP over Bryant eventhough Bryant had a better season.

You said that Dragic was a Top 5 MVP candidate, and there was nothing extraordnary about his season to suggest that. He didn't put up monster stats, and his team didn't make the playoffs.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
DeAndre at 15M.

THIS!
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

I think he can be had for 7-8mil. 1 mil over what indy can offer

Stephenson
Kobe
Ariza

Can be a good wing combination

I like Ariza but would prefer to use that money on Darren Collison. I wonder if he can be signed for something starting at $5 million per year?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

no hack a Deandre

That's not really fair since in general the C position is weak. Anytime a player has that type of game in the playoffs it should be applauded .... Not dismissed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject:

$15M is going to be 3rd option money very soon. It sounds much worse than it is. He's getting close to that from someone, no doubt about it.

And Jim99187...weren't you saying "what until the playoffs" when trying to dismiss him?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:

I don't know what's gone on w/Stephenson, who has certainly been at the center of more than one issue in Indy during this downfall. Hibbert's words ring extremely hollow though. At least Stephenson shows up and battles. If Hibbert has been pouting for the last 2 months due to Stephenson's supposed selfishness...shame on Hibbert, who's doing nothing to help his team. Again, this doesn't absolve Stephenson, because I don't know what's gone on, but I don't want to hear squat from Roy Hibbert.

At least Stephenson is out there battling. Heck, maybe the fact that he's one of the few players on Indiana who still seems to give a crap is part of the issues in the locker room. I disagree with wolf that he's a JR Smith kinda crazy. I'd say he's closer to an Artest kinda crazy. He competes/fights. I'll take that over Hibbert's no-show ass any day of the week.

Last edited by GoldenThroat on Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
$15M is going to be 3rd option money very soon. It sounds much worse than it is. He's getting close to that from someone, no doubt about it.

And Jim99187...weren't you saying "what until the playoffs" when trying to dismiss him?

Yes but look who he is playing against?

GSW, has JO playing in at center with no backup whatsoever. JO is playing with both of his feet in his grave which is already 4ft in ground

Its like aldridge abusing terrence jones or chandler persons

There is no comparison. He is the tallest player on the floor.
zoogz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:

From the very few pacer games I've watched, I notice the same thing. The guy is just playing stat filler to get paid. Also seen him fight for rebounds from his teammates.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

no hack a Deandre
some coaches dont like that. phil didnt do the hack-a whoever either.

there are no more adjustments to make for mark jackson. if you have the entire team showing on all screen n rolls and jumping the ball handler. and your ball handler isnt 6'5+. he's not going to be able to make the best quickest pass to get the ball moving to kill them even with a cutter to the rack. curry hit the open man and got a lot of assists. the warriors missed a TON of open shots. if they would've hit 40% of those open looks they bricked. the clips would've lost by 8 to 12.

shoot if they would not have given cp3 the bogus halfcourt foul(even though they didnt call it shooting. he wasnt touched. and they would've given curry the foul on his last shot like they should have. i mean lets go back, if they woudl not have given blake that bogus no charge call then to get green booted with his 6th off of that was terrible. even though blake didnt make the shot. doesnt matter. perhaps they rebound better with that guy in there for a last second put back. who knows. i know cp3 blew a ft too. doesnt matter. if he never got the ft to begin with. whats the score? they're down one. now they dont need a hero 3 to win it all.
pd23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

I don't know what's gone on w/Stephenson, who has certainly been at the center of more than one issue in Indy during this downfall. Hibbert's words ring extremely hollow though. At least Stephenson shows up and battles. If Hibbert has been pouting for the last 2 months due to Stephenson's supposed selfishness...shame on Hibbert, who's doing nothing to help his team. Again, this doesn't absolve Stephenson, because I don't know what's gone on, but I don't want to hear squat from Roy Hibbert.

At least Stephenson is out there battling. Heck, maybe the fact that he's one of the few players on Indiana who still seems to give a crap is part of the issues in the locker room. I disagree with wolf that he's a JR Smith kinda crazy. I'd say he's closer to an Artest kinda crazy. He competes/fights. I'll take that over Hibbert's no-show ass any day of the week.

I agree, and I would have no problem giving him 10 to 12 million. Did you see him yesterday? He was the only Pacer that looked like the game mattered to him. He would rebound, defend, make some of the nicest cuts to the basket that I have ever seen and he could also get his own shot off. Paul George and the rest of the Pacers seemed like they were playing lazy and they knew they already lost.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Yes but look who he is playing against?

GSW, has JO playing in at center with no backup whatsoever. JO is playing with both of his feet in his grave which is already 4ft in ground

Its like aldridge abusing terrence jones or chandler persons

There is no comparison. He is the tallest player on the floor.

He led the league in rebounding. He did this against everyone. Furthermore, JO played 16 minutes and Golden State outrebounded the Clippers. Golden State was the 5th best rebounding team in the league this year and that's not all Bogut.

Jordan's also blocked 5 shots in each of the first three games, and has protected the rim very against the copious amounts of penetration that LAC gives up.

Being the tallest guy on the court means very little. There are plenty of guys who don't do much when that happens. He's dominating these games. I don't expect one playoff series to change anyone's mind regarding what he should be paid, but you seem to be more interested in holding on to a preconceived notion rather than recognizing how he's actually playing.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Possibly. I have to watch more Pacers games to really fairly evaluate.
SickwithIt1010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

Possibly. I have to watch more Pacers games to really fairly evaluate.

He really does play his ass off. He was one of the few who actually did something last night, actually did some things on the offensive end that impressed me because I didn't know he had that in his arsenal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 435, 436, 437 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next
Page 436 of 2904
Jump to: