Official [FREE AGENCY] Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2720, 2721, 2722 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ginia1110
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Excerpts from Kelly Clarkson press conference:

On Dwight:
"You had your chance, you blew it."

On reporters pestering her with questions about a coach:
"I just can't take it. Again and again and again and again!"

On playing with Kobe:
"My life would suck without you."

On playing an uptempo style:
"I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change... and breakaway."

On grueling practices:
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

LOL!

R.Hibbert, wearing purple & gold next year = my pipe-dream... Lolz
ginia1110
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject:

I cant believe we only have less than 2mil left in cap space though. 50+mil spent for a year in salaries, and we don't even have one healthy All star?

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject:

ginia1110 wrote:
I cant believe we only have less than 2mil left in cap space though. 50+mil spent for a year in salaries, and we don't even have one healthy All star?

Kobe says, "Hi."
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
VLF - I have read many excuses on why Hill hasn't resigned yet and I keep hearing different things... so I'm gonna believe that there is a chance Hill gets traded if the Lakers find value.

I can't explain why it hasn't happened but it doesn't really make sense to promise him a lot more than market value and then try to find a team that will accept it. If they're trading him, market value would be a better place to start.
ginia1110
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
ginia1110 wrote:

Kobe says, "Hi."

If he comes back healthy. I really hope he comes back healthy. Can he come back at least 80%? Please come back healthy Kobe! Lol

Damn, if we actually got some cap space left and gotten our hands with the silent roy hibbert auction, then the lakers would be full of veteran players who's got a chip the size of Africa on their shoulders.

Kobe- health/ fading away issues

Nash - sitting dock but collecting money + injury

Jeremy lin- a throwaway from Rox, discarded for All star Melo & Bosh acquisition that didn't materialize. Scapegoat #1

Boozer - a guy who's been doomed in Chicago since the start. Blamed for his hole in defense in a defensive minded Bulls. Scapegoat #2

Hibbert- big fella who's been caught at times sleeping on his assignment, couldn't recover fast enough. Been criticize a lot of times. Scapegoat #3

The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
VLF - I have read many excuses on why Hill hasn't resigned yet and I keep hearing different things... so I'm gonna believe that there is a chance Hill gets traded if the Lakers find value.

I can't explain why it hasn't happened but it doesn't really make sense to promise him a lot more than market value and then try to find a team that will accept it. If they're trading him, market value would be a better place to start.
It depends though, right? I think the value in Hill's contract is the team option on the 2nd year. So basically (I'm not saying a trade like this will necessarily happen) they can view Hill as a expiring contract and trade us possibly a contract with 2 guaranteed years and a draft pick. I doubt the Lakers are all in on a rebuilding plan though, they seem focused on keeping cap space which is why this doesn't mean sense.
Azarian
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject:

ginia1110 wrote:

"Plan B"
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

It depends though, right? I think the value in Hill's contract is the team option on the 2nd year. So basically (I'm not saying a trade like this will necessarily happen) they can view Hill as a expiring contract and trade us possibly a contract with 2 guaranteed years and a draft pick. I doubt the Lakers are all in on a rebuilding plan though, they seem focused on keeping cap space which is why this doesn't mean sense.

That 2nd yr team option is not allowed by the CBA in any sign-and-trade contracts. So the Lakers wouldn't be able to avail themselves of that "contract value" of a 2nd yr team option if they did try to reconfigure Hill's contract into a sign-and-trade agreement right now.

If you want to make use of that 2nd yr team option as part of the trade bait, you'd have to wait till the middle of the season before you're allowed to trade him according to the rules, since there's a moratorium of several months before newly signed free agents are eligible for trade.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Patrick Beverley - 3 years, $1.99M
Chandler Parsons - 4 years, $3.62M (team option in 3rd & 4th years)

We're talking about two different things.

Those are nice deals. We need to improve our scouting, hoard picks and hit on some 2nd round talent like that.

Well, we were the team that drafted Beverly. We traded his rights to Miami for a pick that would become the immortal Ater Majok.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject:

AirShooter wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

That 2nd yr team option is not allowed by the CBA in any sign-and-trade contracts. So the Lakers wouldn't be able to avail themselves of that "contract value" of a 2nd yr team option if they did try to reconfigure Hill's contract into a sign-and-trade agreement right now.

If you want to make use of that 2nd yr team option as part of the trade bait, you'd have to wait till the middle of the season before you're allowed to trade him according to the rules, since there's a moratorium of several months before newly signed free agents are eligible for trade.
Thanks, so I guess there really is no justification for that hill contract at this moment to justify a hill trade, and that it only makes sense if the team is looking to dump hill near the trade deadline.
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Thanks, so I guess there really is no justification for that hill contract at this moment to justify a hill trade, and that it only makes sense if the team is looking to dump hill near the trade deadline.

I suppose they could mimic the effect of that 2nd year team option by using non-guaranteed salary.

Sign and trade contracts must be at least 3yrs in length (with no options in any of those 3 yrs), but only the first year needs to be guaranteed. So, although they can't put a 2nd year team option into a sign-and-trade contract, they could make it a 3 yr contract with only the 1st yr's salary guaranteed using non-guaranteed salary in the 2nd and 3rd years.

But any such modification of terms will of course require Hilll's consent, which means he would have the Lakers and the other team over a barrel. So he could ask for more money, or demand that all 3 yrs be guaranteed. Since, without his agreement, no sign-and-trade can go forward using Hill's contract for salary matching purposes, and the Lakers must then honor the original contract they agreed to.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Regarding Hill, I think the Lakers are searching for a team who needs rebounders now but still values future cap flex,,
cheetos82
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Regarding Hill, I think the Lakers are searching for a team who needs rebounders now but still values future cap flex,,

so.....we should trade Hill to...the Lakers?
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject:

cheetos82 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

so.....we should trade Hill to...the Lakers?

The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject:

AirShooter wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:

I suppose they could mimic the effect of that 2nd year team option by using non-guaranteed salary.

Sign and trade contracts must be at least 3yrs in length (with no options in any of those 3 yrs), but only the first year needs to be guaranteed. So, although they can't put a 2nd year team option into a sign-and-trade contract, they could make it a 3 yr contract with only the 1st yr's salary guaranteed using non-guaranteed salary in the 2nd and 3rd years.

But any such modification of terms will of course require Hilll's consent, which means he would have the Lakers and the other team over a barrel. So he could ask for more money, or demand that all 3 yrs be guaranteed. Since, without his agreement, no sign-and-trade can go forward using Hill's contract for salary matching purposes, and the Lakers must then honor the original contract they agreed to.
Yeah I briefly considered the non-guaranteed contract approach but I know there would be numerous obstacles to that and it's very doubtful that hill agrees to it. Nonetheless I appreciate your information about the cap, learning something new everyday it seems
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject:

ginia1110 wrote:

Boozer. Says hi
ginia1110
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
ginia1110 wrote:

Boozer. Says hi

Should I have said 'future franchise player?' The Kwahi Leonard kind of a player' Coz thats the underlying message...

VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject:

jayd wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:

Really? It's called being a fan of the game.

I think "fan of the game" is a euphemism for "front-runner." It's why a lot of "Laker fans" rocked a #23 Bulls jerseys in the '90s.

Then again I'm crazy and the Lakers are my family.

Sigh, another egoistic one.

I'm so egoistic I readily admit that I'm a little crazy.

You say "egoistic" and I say "front-runner," let's call the whole thing off!
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:

Really? It's called being a fan of the game.

I think "fan of the game" is a euphemism for "front-runner." It's why a lot of "Laker fans" rocked a #23 Bulls jerseys in the '90s.

Then again I'm crazy and the Lakers are my family.

You don't think people can just really like basketball?

Sure they can! Admire LeBron, admire Durant - but root for them? They are but mere pawns in the Laker universe. I can't get emotionally involved in a game that doesn't involve the Lakers (directly or indirectly). I was definitely rooting for the Thunder against the Clippers, but only because I despise the Clippers.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
ginia1110 wrote:

Boozer. Says hi

Lol at Boozer being an all star man.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject:

Axshun wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Not trying to play devil's advocate exactly, but Chris Paul is also minus one meniscus.

I know how highly people think of Chris Paul, but, I for one am glad that the trade didnt go down. I'm just not a big fan of Chris Paul's game. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and his skills a far superior from any PG we have. But, he's had two years to lead the Clippers, who have a decent and well balanced team, to the next level and has failed. I can't honestly believe that he would be able to make that situation any different if he were on the Lakers.

Paul is a great point guard (hate his flopping and personality tho) but the clippers lack a go to scorer.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
Car54 wrote:
ginia1110 wrote:

Boozer. Says hi

uhhh Boozer is an all-star.... not to mention he played for freaking team usa.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
zePokar wrote:
Car54 wrote:
ginia1110 wrote:

Boozer. Says hi

uhhh Boozer is an all-star.... not to mention he played for freaking team usa.

I think you meant WAS.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Not sure if serious.

I root for them to do well. I enjoy their play. I watch other games when I can.

I never root for the when they are playing against the Lakers.

I'm super serial. I'm not talking about watching other games - I do that all the time. But most of it is what I call "hate watching" - i.e. I watch Celtic and Clipper games and root against them.

But I'm bummed that Michael has more titles than Magic and Kobe, I'm bummed that the Spurs have as many post-Michael titles as we do, and I can't find a way to get emotionally invested in game unless the outcome positively affects the Lakers in some way.

I'm just ranting. Everyone forgive me.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject:

I think two simple explanations for Hill.

1. Lakers just waiting on signing Clarkson (trying to get multiple years) before signing Hill, just a formality.

2. Lakers looking to S&T Hill for a veteran big man.

I hope we lock in Clarkson AND do a S&T for a veteran big man.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2720, 2721, 2722 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next
Page 2721 of 2904
Jump to: