Official [FREE AGENCY] Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2747, 2748, 2749 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
The Grind wrote:
32 wrote:
Looks like the roster is set at 13 until training camp. I expect they will sign Clarkson at some point.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Steve Nash
3. Jordan Hill
4. Jeremy Lin
5. Nick Young
6. Carlos Boozer
7. Julius Randle
8. Ryan Kelly
9. Ed Davis
10. Xavier Henry
11. Robert Sacre
12. Wesley Johnson
13. Jordan Clarkson

Would love to add Marion to that group. If he doesn't receive any significant offers, I wonder if he'd consider joining the Lakers on a small deal. A solid 3 could really push us into playoff contention, we are really lacking at that position as things stands.

What would you say if Wesley actually plays SF this year exclusively and he plays great defense and hits 38% from 3?

I'd tip my cap. But Wesley has never shown the ability to be consistently great at anything.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
epak wrote:
The Grind wrote:
32 wrote:
Looks like the roster is set at 13 until training camp. I expect they will sign Clarkson at some point.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Steve Nash
3. Jordan Hill
4. Jeremy Lin
5. Nick Young
6. Carlos Boozer
7. Julius Randle
8. Ryan Kelly
9. Ed Davis
10. Xavier Henry
11. Robert Sacre
12. Wesley Johnson
13. Jordan Clarkson

Would love to add Marion to that group. If he doesn't receive any significant offers, I wonder if he'd consider joining the Lakers on a small deal. A solid 3 could really push us into playoff contention, we are really lacking at that position as things stands.

What would you say if Wesley actually plays SF this year exclusively and he plays great defense and hits 38% from 3?

I'd tip my cap. But Wesley has never shown the ability to be consistently great at anything.

IMO that is a pretty big deal since we have a huge hole at 3. That would have a very large positive impact on the team success.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I have not seen anywhere that Clarkson has signed; has he?
jenopogi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Quote:

IMO that is a pretty big deal since we have a huge hole at 3. That would have a very large positive impact on the team success.

eh, what about Nick Young? He's SF right?
JL#7 in Purple and Gold. Shoutout to my Lakers4Life Buddy Ian M.
Retired Number
Retired Number

deal wrote:
I have not seen anywhere that Clarkson has signed; has he?

Not yet.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers aren't gonna do much next season unless they fill the C and SF spot.... we still have enough time to get better at those positions until basketball starts in October....

Filling the C and SF void will tell us a lot about how much the Lakers want it next year... if not then they are probably gonna be happy with any sort of success over last year.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
The Lakers aren't gonna do much next season unless they fill the C and SF spot.... we still have enough time to get better at those positions until basketball starts in October....

Filling the C and SF void will tell us a lot about how much the Lakers want it next year... if not then they are probably gonna be happy with any sort of success over last year.

What C's are out there that the lakers should go after? I'm not for trading picks for javale mcgee. And I think the FO will role with youth vs a 36 year old veteran at the sf position. I'm quite content with where the team is at with the options available.
slestack11
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the Lakers are going to use one of their many PFs at the center position. Maybe Boozer, Hill, Sacre, and Davis will platoon at that spot.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject:

jenopogi wrote:
Quote:

eh, what about Nick Young? He's SF right?

SF,SG so similar today. Nick is either, but he's a 6th man most importantly. we have a hole at starting wing
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject:

I would be v happy if nash can give us 15mins/ game for 70 games next season.

start with lin/kobe and bench with Swaggy/nash

need 1 sf tough
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

need 1 sf tough

i would be very happy with 20minutes ,playing every other game. you cant expect a guy who played 12 games last season to play 70 games this season, bro
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

need 1 sf tough

I agree 100% on the Nash part. I don't expect much from a 40yo PG, but if Scott can manage to primarily go with Lin/Clarkson/ at times KB at the 1 and put Nash in for about 3-4 minutes a quarter, I'd be very happy. I know he's Steve Nash, future hall of famer, 2x MVP and has alot under his belt, but the guy is fighting his body and just seeing how much he has left. It wouldn't be wise to allow him to experiment at the cost of us losing games. Father time is undefeated and there's no reason for him start nor play more than 3-4 maybe 5 minutes a quarter just cause he's "STEVE NASH".
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

need 1 sf tough

I agree 100% on the Nash part. I don't expect much from a 40yo PG, but if Scott can manage to primarily go with Lin/Clarkson/ at times KB at the 1 and put Nash in for about 3-4 minutes a quarter, I'd be very happy. I know he's Steve Nash, future hall of famer, 2x MVP and has alot under his belt, but the guy is fighting his body and just seeing how much he has left. It wouldn't be wise to allow him to experiment at the cost of us losing games. Father time is undefeated and there's no reason for him start nor play more than 3-4 maybe 5 minutes a quarter just cause he's "STEVE NASH".

nash should only see mins during garbage time. when we up by by 20 pts..or should I say down 20 pts lol.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject:

For the first time in recent memory the Lakers big men will be much smaller than the other team's frontline. Pretty crazy how we went from a surplus of top big men to what we have now.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
For the first time in recent memory the Lakers big men will be much smaller than the other team's frontline. Pretty crazy how we went from a surplus of top big men to what we have now.

The new Showtime!

At least we're going to get some transition buckets.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
epak wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 9m
ESPN sources say that Omri Casspi, in a surprise, has just cleared waivers and is a free agent

Wow.

It's no real surprise.....Casspi sucks. lol

Dude got worse since rookie season.....

Does he?
McHale was playing him at the 4 a lot this year.
Limited time at the 3, he played pretty good defense, which is what I want from our small forward.

I'd like for us to send an offer to Casspi. We could use some size at the SF spot.

Casspi is headed back to Sacramento.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Definition of the Mike D'Antoni effect
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

TRU-DAT!!!
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Don't know if this has been posted, but this proves we need to give the FO a bit more credit.

Quote:
"I was flip-flopping," he admitted. "It was hard. It was Chicago, but then after I met with L.A., it was L.A. But it came back to Chicago -- and was pretty much always Chicago or New York." - Carmelo Anthony

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11263468/carmelo-anthony-talks-decision-return-new-york-knicks
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject:

This is a pipe but I'm hoping we can somehow get Klay by the deadline either with GS or Minny. I would offer anything other than Randle, Kobe, or Lin. If it's GS, maybe Bogut gets injured and they need a big man so Hill, Clarkson, Kelly, HOU pick, future picks maybe. Just having him this summer with a 7.5 cap hold would be huge. We can keep Lin and go after Marc. A team of Kobe-Marc-Klay-Lin-Randle-Swaggy is crazy good. Unfortunately no way this happens.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject:

I really want us to look at Larry Sanders then going after other guys. if his head is right he can be a major piece to future with Randle.

VLF, i said head right...so don't bring ur same old things
cgambino123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
This is a pipe but I'm hoping we can somehow get Klay by the deadline either with GS or Minny. I would offer anything other than Randle, Kobe, or Lin. If it's GS, maybe Bogut gets injured and they need a big man so Hill, Clarkson, Kelly, HOU pick, future picks maybe. Just having him this summer with a 7.5 cap hold would be huge. We can keep Lin and go after Marc. A team of Kobe-Marc-Klay-Lin-Randle-Swaggy is crazy good. Unfortunately no way this happens.

I like Klay too, but he's not gonna make us contenders or even a top 5 seed. Not worth IMO
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

D'Antoni isn't the coach. They got smaller after he left actually.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject:

cgambino123 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

I like Klay too, but he's not gonna make us contenders or even a top 5 seed. Not worth IMO

It's all about having him on the "cheap" (cap hold would be 7.5 mil next summer). You can't seriously say that Kobe-Marc-Klay-Lin-Randle-Swaggy is not a contender. Sorry but that team is top 2 in the West and heck after next year who knows what happens with the Spurs.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject:

I thought Klay wanted max money.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2747, 2748, 2749 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next
Page 2748 of 2904
Jump to: