Official [FREE AGENCY] Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2757, 2758, 2759 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
diando wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Has anyone thought yet that the FO might not be interested in Marion? He is 36 and we have wesley johnson and xavier henry who could both take his spot.

Wes Johnson is a subpar player to me. He's athletic but bricks too many times. He's not an off-the-dribble threat and fails to finish with contact around the rim too. Think he'd need to bulk up and work on his handles to be a better player.

So.. what you're saying is its impossible for a player his age to improve on any of those things?.

at such a cheap price.. if you hold onto him for 2 to 3 years and give him consistent playing time and he turns into half of the player he was projected to be when he was drafted - you've got yourself a real nice player on the cheap.

not when youre naturally horrible at those things. i think at best offensively he's a Sefilosha, for the rest of his career.

on the other hand , with X, all you have to do is get him to buy into a role (defense) ; much easier to do than improve your offensive skill. X buys in and he's a 2way player ; 2way players are crucial - especially when you dont have offensive juggernauts in your lineup, Kobe is our only guaranteed Offense in the starting lineup. sure a guy like Lin will contribute, but Kobe and Lin is no dynamic duo offensively. i dont think we can afford any offensive duds in that starting 5.

OKC w/ Durant and Westbrook could even come out of the west while having 2 offensive duds in their lineup.
Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka > Kobe, Lin, Boozer ; so uh, i dont think we can afford offensive duds like Wes

my only concern with X is can he stay healthy and play 75-80 games.

he is a good kid with no drama so he will buy into what coach is preaching
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
diando wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Has anyone thought yet that the FO might not be interested in Marion? He is 36 and we have wesley johnson and xavier henry who could both take his spot.

Wes Johnson is a subpar player to me. He's athletic but bricks too many times. He's not an off-the-dribble threat and fails to finish with contact around the rim too. Think he'd need to bulk up and work on his handles to be a better player.

So.. what you're saying is its impossible for a player his age to improve on any of those things?.

at such a cheap price.. if you hold onto him for 2 to 3 years and give him consistent playing time and he turns into half of the player he was projected to be when he was drafted - you've got yourself a real nice player on the cheap.

not when youre naturally horrible at those things. i think at best offensively he's a Sefilosha, for the rest of his career.

on the other hand , with X, all you have to do is get him to buy into a role (defense) ; much easier to do than improve your offensive skill. X buys in and he's a 2way player ; 2way players are crucial - especially when you dont have offensive juggernauts in your lineup, Kobe is our only guaranteed Offense in the starting lineup. sure a guy like Lin will contribute, but Kobe and Lin is no dynamic duo offensively. i dont think we can afford any offensive duds in that starting 5.

OKC w/ Durant and Westbrook could even come out of the west while having 2 offensive duds in their lineup.
Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka > Kobe, Lin, Boozer ; so uh, i dont think we can afford offensive duds like Wes

my only concern with X is can he stay healthy and play 75-80 games.

he is a good kid with no drama so he will buy into what coach is preaching

yes, indeed. ( and i meant to say KD/Westbrook/Ibaka COULDN'T* do it with 2 offensive duds. and so, why should we have any type of success with 2 offensive duds in the lineup)
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Secretary of Defense wrote:
Anyone here think we might trade for Klay? I think the stars are lining up for a splashy trade that takes the league by surprise just like in 2008, and Klay is the most likely target.

2015's free agents aren't actually all that great. There are a lot more of them from what I understand than there were this year, so by sheer numbers, the class will be deeper, but there are no transcendent superstars to sign. (And please, don't say Love is a superstar.)

However, the restricted free agents like Thompson and Leonard are very good and could yet prove they are worth max money.

Maybe that is why Hill's contract was structured like it was?

I could easily see a package of Hill, Nash (if he can still play), both our HOU picks, and the protected part of our 2015 pick (#1-#5) being out there for someone.

I'd love to see Klay in a Lakers uniform, and I think it's inevitable at some point in his career. Sooner the better, although since I think it's something he wants I'd hold off to see if we can land him at a discount.

I don't see any discount happening on him. GS won't even give him up for Love and he wants the max.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Anyone here think we might trade for Klay? I think the stars are lining up for a splashy trade that takes the league by surprise just like in 2008, and Klay is the most likely target.

2015's free agents aren't actually all that great. There are a lot more of them from what I understand than there were this year, so by sheer numbers, the class will be deeper, but there are no transcendent superstars to sign. (And please, don't say Love is a superstar.)

However, the restricted free agents like Thompson and Leonard are very good and could yet prove they are worth max money.

I could easily see a package of Hill, Nash (if he can still play), both our HOU picks, and the protected part of our 2015 pick (#1-#5) being out there for someone.

I'd love to see Klay in a Lakers uniform, and I think it's inevitable at some point in his career. Sooner the better, although since I think it's something he wants I'd hold off to see if we can land him at a discount.

I don't see any discount happening on him. GS won't even give him up for Love and he wants the max.

would be interesting to see how GSW reacts to this. you have curry who is getting paid 11mil and Klay will be getting paid 15/16

+ they have contracts of bogut, lee, Iggy & Steph

i think the lakers should sign him for max and see.

if we come out with Gasol/DJ + Klay, I will be happy.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

would be interesting to see how GSW reacts to this. you have curry who is getting paid 11mil and Klay will be getting paid 15/16

Klay is a nice player, but do you think he's ready to make that next leap in his game to warrant a max contract? I hope so, but I don't know.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

Klay is a nice player, but do you think he's ready to make that next leap in his game to warrant a max contract? I hope so, but I don't know.

Max for Klay? Nope. Doesn't mean some team may not over pay him ala Parsons/Hayward, but not worth a max in my book.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

Max for Klay? Nope. Doesn't mean some team may not over pay him ala Parsons/Hayward, but not worth a max in my book.

He'll be worth his max in 2016 when the cap is projected to skyrocket.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

Agreed. And we'd be one step closer to my ultimate super pipe roster as well. Muhahahah!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

Well, it's speculation about how large the salary cap will get in 2016. Sure a new TV deal may change things. If this is the rationale, why didn't we sign a few of the free agents this summer, even RFAs, under the similar understanding that $16m in 2016 won't be the same as $16m in 2014 (cap hit wise)?
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Well, it's speculation about how large the salary cap will get in 2016. Sure a new TV deal may change things. If this is the rationale, why didn't we sign a few of the free agents this summer, even RFAs, under the similar understanding that $16m in 2016 won't be the same as $16m in 2014 (cap hit wise)?

Because of the "plan". Or the new plan. Or whatever.

I don't know.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't know.

The rationale was advanced with Young, with people saying Young's $4-5m contract would seem tiny in 2016. So it's not like it wasn't a consideration.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't know.

The rationale was advanced with Young, with people saying Young's $4-5m contract would seem tiny in 2016. So it's not like it wasn't a consideration.

They've been making a lot of head scratching moves.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject:

I think you may see some players wait until 2017 to cash in. The players will not ratify the current CBA. The new CBA should be good for both the players and the Lakers.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject:

I think another shoe is going to drop, we will wait and see who is available at teh trade deadline. Hill and Nash together are like almost $20 million in salary that can be dumped.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I think another shoe is going to drop, we will wait and see who is available at teh trade deadline. Hill and Nash together are like almost $20 million in salary that can be dumped.
Yeah, the only problem is we would need to attach assets to them to get anything valuable back.
Kenji
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Yeah, the only problem is we would need to attach assets to them to get anything valuable back.

And both of them will be gone next year (I can't imagine why we would keep Hill at that price, unless we have no chance of landing anyone in free agency) just in time for several bigs to become FA's, like Marc Gasol and DeAndre Jordan.

No one is going to take them now, and even if we could talk someone into taking them, I can't imagine we'd get anything we actually need in return.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject:

I went through and looked for Players on ending contracts and TPE situations greater than $6 million.

Situations currently unresolved such as Monroe, Bledsoe and Love were not included.

Teams such as Philadelphia and perhaps Utah might have available Cap Space greater than $6 million.

$6.9 million -- Brando Bass

Toronto
$7 million -- Amir Johnson
$6.3 million -- Landry Fields
$6 million -- Chuck Hayes

Brooklyn
$12 million -- Garnett

Mew York
$11.5 million -- Bargnani
$23.4 million -- Stoudemire

Philadelphia
$6.6 million -- Jason Richardson

Atlanta
$9.5 million -- Paul Millsap

Charlotte

Miami

Orlando

Washington

Chicago

Cleveland
$9.7 million -- Varejao

Detroit

Indiana

Milwaukee

Dallas
$14.8 million -- Tyson Chandler

Memphis
$15.8 million -- Marc Gasol
$7.7 million -- Prince

New Orleans
$8.4 million -- Asik

San Antonio
$12.5 million -- Parker
$10.4 million -- Duncan
$7. million -- Ginobili

Houston
$8.4 million -- TPE (Lin trade)

Denver

Minnesota

OKlahoma City
$9.7 million -- Perkins

Portland
$16 million -- Aldridge

Utah

Golden State

Clippers
$11.4 million -- Jordan

Phoenix
$7.5 million - Dragic (Player Option)

Sacramento
$19 million -- Rudy Gay

waterman40 wrote:

Is there something special - unique about a salary dump using Hill and/or Nash that is superior to what some other teams can offer?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Free agent guard Mo Williams is nearing an agreement with Minnesota, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:
Free agent guard Mo Williams is nearing an agreement with Minnesota, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

LOL say what?????????

Twolves sure love PGs.

Got Rubio, Lavine, and Mo.

If Mo didn't go for playing time or winning situation,

that means he probably got paid.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:

LOL say what?????????

Twolves sure love PGs.

u forgot JJ barea?
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:

LOL say what?????????

Twolves sure love PGs.

u forgot JJ barea?

ya, and I'm sure Twolves forgot their had JJ Barea as well, that's probably why they signed Mo.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:

LOL say what?????????

Twolves sure love PGs.

u forgot JJ barea?

ya, and I'm sure Twolves forgot their had JJ Barea as well, that's probably why they signed Mo.

haha good 1
eagles nut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Wesley Johnson officially signed.

Also, Shelly Sterling won a clean-sweep against Donald and it's essentially an appeal-proof ruling so the sale of the Clippers will go through. So forget your Chris Paul fantasies.
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
CBS Los Angeles ‏@CBSLA
#BREAKING: Judge rules Shelly Sterling can sell Los Angeles #Clippers to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer for $2B. Go to http://cbsla.com .
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
Quote:
CBS Los Angeles ‏@CBSLA
#BREAKING: Judge rules Shelly Sterling can sell Los Angeles #Clippers to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer for $2B. Go to http://cbsla.com .

Sad day in America.
Sterling deserves to own the company he bought.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2757, 2758, 2759 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next
Page 2758 of 2904
Jump to: