Official [FREE AGENCY] Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2773, 2774, 2775 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

bynobe wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
30 wrote:
Damn. If that Love trade goes through. You have Wiggins, LaVine, and a newly lean Bennet all receiving alley-oop passes from Rubio.

PG - Rubio
SG - LaVine
SF - Wiggins
PF - Bennet
C - Pekovic

Definitely a team I'll be watching.

that team would set unbreakable NBA records for turnovers and lowest shooting percentage. the NBA is not a dunk contest, friends. so sad what has happened to our youth. so so sad.
It would be one of the worst 3 teams in the league.
Weapon 6
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Everyone acts like Beas is going to come here and all of a sudden Randle is going to start lighting joints on the court. Beasley isn't the jackass everyone is making him out to be, and with Kobe he'll stay in check. I for one would like to add him to the team. He's gifted on offense and a very big athletic player.
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject:

cheetos82 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
cheetos82 wrote:
xX KaoTiK Xx wrote:
So it seems that the Wolves and Cavs are in serious talks for a Love trade. It's just a matter of "when and not if Love gets traded. I'm hoping KARMA bites the CAVs owner in the arse for "Basketball Reasons" so that trade gets VETOED by the NBA.

I am getting tired saying this......

the NBA did not veto the trade because they felt it was an unfair trade between 2 teams.
They vetoed the trade acting as the owners of one of the teams. I'm not saying I agree with their reasoning but the NBA cannot just veto random trades for "basketball reasons." Last I checked, the NBA does not own the Cavs or the T'Wolves.

Saying it many times will not make it any less false.

Like I said later on in my response, that's the NBA's answer and I don't necessarily agree with that. I'm just saying the NBA CANNOT just randomly veto trades. Yes they probably vetoed the trade because of the Cavs (bleep) about it, but at least they can say it was bad for the Hornets (NOT THE LEAGUE) in terms of "Basketball reasons" .

They cannot use the same excuse for a trade between the Cavs and TWolves. The NBA is not a part owner.

I agree, and wondering if something will get a veto is just not funny anymore. when the NBA "owns" another team, then make the joke
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
singlecamVTEC wrote:
CoolBeas would be nice to have, instant offense. Just no D, but the defense on this team isn't much to talk about any way.
Come on down CoolBeas, come on down.

Defense is what Byron is here for....to at least instill that mindset.

Lol, IMO, all that Byron said was just lip service. He said what LA wanted to hear pretty much. "Defense, Lakers way of playing, etc"

However, I'll eat crow if come this season, the Lakers are decently ranked in defense.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject:

singlecamVTEC wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
singlecamVTEC wrote:
CoolBeas would be nice to have, instant offense. Just no D, but the defense on this team isn't much to talk about any way.
Come on down CoolBeas, come on down.

Defense is what Byron is here for....to at least instill that mindset.

Lol, IMO, all that Byron said was just lip service. He said what LA wanted to hear pretty much. "Defense, Lakers way of playing, etc"

However, I'll eat crow if come this season, the Lakers are decently ranked in defense.

No doubt it'll be a daunting task. It's definitely going to be a work in progress.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
He is making progress, and on Saturday in the Heat’s 111-110 loss to the Celtics, Beasley made just his second appearance of the season. He scored 10 points in eight minutes in the second quarter and — in an ironic twist considering Beasley’s previous reputation — he appeared to be the only member of the Heat remotely interested in playing defense on a night the team shot 57 percent from the field and lost.

Yes, up was down in more ways than one on Saturday at AmericanAirlines Arena.

At one point in the second quarter, Beasley pumped his fist in excitement after absorbing a charge by Celtics forward Gerald Wallace under the basket. The defensive highlight came amid a run of four consecutive field goals by Beasley on the other end of the court.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/11/3745006/miami-heats-michael-beasley-plays.html#storylink=cpy

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
• He said he spoke to Michael Beasley’s representation recently and re-signing him “is still a consideration.” Beasley auditioned for the Lakers on Wednesday.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/30/4263941/miami-heat-president-pat-riley.html#storylink=cpy

Pat is considering bringing him back. Of course he didn't play much. He plays Lebron and bosh positions.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Q: Ira, if the knock on Michael Beasley was his defense, does his recent play get him more minutes? -- David.

A: But whose minutes? For all the steps forward Michael has made, from Tuesday's scoring to Thursday's block on Tim Duncan, I just can't envision him in the starting lineup. And it's not as if Erik Spoelstra could cut Shane Battier's minutes much more, unless he completely removes him from the rotation. It just seems like a starting lineup with Beasley, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh is too much scoring without enough spacing. But if Michael continues to inspire confidence, his minutes will become less erratic. Then again . . . Spoelstra has made dramatic late-season adjustments before.

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"My rookie year and my second year, I would have been on the bench the whole fourth quarter," Beasley said. "I wouldn't have even seen the last play. Just the trust that [coach Erik Spoelstra] has in me right now on the defensive side, it's a testament to work."

Beasley was back in the lineup after missing seven games with a strained hamstring. His return comes just in time for the Heat's four-game, West Coast road trip. It starts with Wednesday's game against the Los Angeles Lakers at Staple Center. The highlight of the stretch is a matchup with the top-seeded Portland Trail Blazers Saturday.

It provides yet another opportunity for Beasley to display his newfound interest. While he scored 10 points versus the Hawks, it was his contribution in other areas that drew the most attention. He also had seven rebounds and prevented forward Paul Millsap from scoring on the final possession in regulation.

"He gave us a spark there in the fourth quarter when we had [LeBron James] and [Chris Bosh] out of the game," Spoelstra said. "He was able to take some of the responsibility offensively but also defensively he gives us that athleticism. He still needs to get up to speed on what we're doing but he can cover a lot of ground."

Do it Mitch
Trap8600
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject:

If Spolestra, Riley, LeBron, Wade, Allen, Battier, etc...couldn't get this guy in order, I have no hope for Beasley.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject:

Weapon 6 wrote:
Everyone acts like Beas is going to come here and all of a sudden Randle is going to start lighting joints on the court. Beasley isn't the jackass everyone is making him out to be, and with Kobe he'll stay in check. I for one would like to add him to the team. He's gifted on offense and a very big athletic player.

Lol Exactly, folks acting Like Beasley is gonna come in the locker room Kick Kobe and Byron out and take over the team with Cheech and Chong Bongs lol. Man these guys are grown men no one is rubbing off on anyone if they want to be idiots theyll be idiots if they want to be professional theyll be that, Beasley isnt the pied piper of idiots
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject:

People on this board crack me up. "Beasley is a horrible guy, he's had several chances, he'll destroy the locker room." How many wus complainers do we have here.

The chances are remote we sign him anyway..An unlike what some people on this board are saying, Beasley has several teams that are interested in signing him including the Heat.

Beasley can only help this team. The team is not very talented right this second to begin with and adding Beasley, a guy that can score, inside and out, can only help.

I hope they sign him, but I think he'll get a better offer from another team.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject:

Suppose Lakers sign Beasley and Clarkson.

Then there is one more roster spot.

Do they fill it or leave open?

I would try to find a true C to that spot. Not that there are too many options, of course...

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:

I would try to find a true C to that spot. Not that there are too many options, of course...

Exactly. Sign him and leave the spot open unless you can sign a true Center. Another thing to consider would be another point guard. We currently have an older Nash and Lin
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject:

mnstrdnk wrote:
s_habe wrote:

Exactly. Sign him and leave the spot open unless you can sign a true Center. Another thing to consider would be another point guard. We currently have an older Nash and Lin

I honestly believe that the general thinking of the FO is to go into the season with a 14 man roster with the possibility in mind of having some type of exercise with Nash and his contract. Rather it's releasing him, sending him away in a trade with a pick(s) for a better player (A Center Possibly) or stretching him, I can only imagine that it will be hard for him to physically complete the final year of his career.

Signing Beasley only allows us to stay competitive and truth be told have an insurance policy for THE best player in the game in KB24. If Kobe goes down again (Lord Forbid) we will need consistent scoring to even keep up with other NBA teams and Beasley can provide that, we all know he doesn't play defense, but does that mean he can't? That remains to be seen. Proper motivation and a change of scenery could be all that's needed...

With Beasley at the 3 spot we become formidable and have good size in our front line that's athletic enough to compete.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:

Min salary signing for Clarkson, Beasley and maybe... Blatche? Legit 7 foooter
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
s_habe wrote:

Min salary signing for Clarkson, Beasley and maybe... Blatche? Legit 7 foooter

Someone will pay Blatche more than the minimum. We are out of $.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject:

So I'm guessing the plan is to sign Beasley and then try to get a good shot-blocking C.... IF ONLY Bynum was healthy he would have been a great addition....

I wonder if Marcus Camby is healthy enough to play....

Getting him and Beasley would round out the roster pretty nicely.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
So I'm guessing the plan is to sign Beasley and then try to get a good shot-blocking C.... IF ONLY Bynum was healthy he would have been a great addition....

Camby? You can't be serious. Gary Vitti can only work on so many players at once.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject:

I would be all for Beasely if we didn't have a billion power forwards on the team. He's not a SF.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject:

If he can give us a good 12-15M of good defense/shot-blocking... why not? if anything he's another big body we surely need at the C spot......
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
If he can give us a good 12-15M of good defense/shot-blocking... why not? if anything he's another big body we surely need at the C spot......

He can't even practice anymore. He's done. Surprised he's not retired. We already have enough 40 year olds.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject:

If not Camby.... I wonder what it would take to get Greg Oden... and if the Beasley signing does not happen I hope we go after a cheap solid starting SF like Travis Outlaw who brings everything you need out of a SF...
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
If not Camby.... I wonder what it would take to get Greg Oden... and if the Beasley signing does not happen I hope we go after a cheap solid starting SF like Travis Outlaw who brings everything you need out of a SF...

Wut? Did you even look up the stats of travis outlaw? He had a fg percentage under 40% and his rebound numbers are pedestrian. What exactly does he do better than wesley johnson even? I feel like you are just throwing whatever names you can think of out there..
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2773, 2774, 2775 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next
Page 2774 of 2904
Jump to: