Official [FREE AGENCY] Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2860, 2861, 2862 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
22 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
The only way I see us getting Rondo is if a 3rd team were included as Boston needs a C.

Something like we get Rondo, Boston gets McGee and Houston's 1st, and Denver gets Nash and a 2nd round pick or two(from us or Boston).

If Denver is willing to move McGee for a package of Nash and a 1st. Why wouldn't the Lakers just acquire McGee instead of Rondo?

Wouldn't that fill a bigger Laker need for an athletic rim protecting Center?

This.

McGee isn't an expiring contract like Rondo and would hurt our cap space for 2015.

Gasol, Jordan, Hibbert, Asik, and Lopez are all better than McGee and will be free agents next summer.

Rondo could also help attract future free agents as he is one of the best passers in the NBA and players want to play with a PG that can get them the ball.

Besides Hibbert, who isn't really desirable, I can't see any of those players coming here. McGee is cheaper than them all as well

I agree with this line of reasoning.

Which center do you see coming to the Lakers? None seem realistic to me. Which player are you saving the 2015 cap space for?

Having McGee in place adds a defensive and rebounding asset. He is a piece of the puzzle for a few years. Not great or my favorite but certainly adds a missing element to the roster.

Lin either plays well and re-signs for a similar contract or his (and Hill's unless he earns it too) is now available to help upgrade the roster. Potentially Rondo or Bledsoe as so many want would be available.

Likely modest gains and a borderline playoff team during Kobe's final year. Then Kobe retires and the Lakers have some stability, assets in place and $26M to lure quality players.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Not sure players will flock to play with McGee the king of Shaqtin a Fool.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

At least they'd be guaranteed to get some extra TV exposure
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

ya but his contract ends the day Kobe's ends so take a ride along for next 2 and if doesn't mature's then C Ya later

same goes for Randle/Lin tough nobody is going to flock to play with a PG that doesn't play defense or a 6'9 PF

Last edited by Jim99187 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

+ he needs a defined role. Defense, Rebound and block shots.

Denver was trying to make Mcgee turn not Hakeem

Exactly. All he would need to do here is the simple stuff. He hasn't played on one team with veteran leadership his entire career.

Which center do you see coming to the Lakers? None seem realistic to me. Which player are you saving the 2015 cap space for?

Having McGee in place adds a defensive and rebounding asset. He is a piece of the puzzle for a few years. Not great or my favorite but certainly adds a missing element to the roster.

Lin either plays well and re-signs for a similar contract or his (and Hill's unless he earns it too) is now available to help upgrade the roster. Potentially Rondo or Bledsoe as so many want would be available.

Likely modest gains and a borderline playoff team during Kobe's final year. Then Kobe retires and the Lakers have some stability, assets in place and $26M to lure quality players.

Exactly. McGee is a good place holder with some potential upside still

yinoma2001 wrote:

But that wouldn't be why we'd trade for him. He can provide the rim protection we desperately miss. He's a piece that we need. And after this past off season I don't like leaving everything up to free agency. Plus he is not that expensive and only has 2 years left on his deal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject:

McGee is definitely a rim protector & is worth it for the entertainment value alone.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I'll pass on McGee and Rondo.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject:

I hope we are able to get Bledsoe. Terry is going to Houston and Rondo might be a good candidate to go to Detroit in a sign and trade for Monroe.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
I hope we are able to get Bledsoe. Terry is going to Houston and Rondo might be a good candidate to go to Detroit in a sign and trade for Monroe.

Is that a real rumor? I can't see Rondo committing to DET and I can't see them pulling the trigger without it. This is where we could come in.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Is that a real rumor? I can't see Rondo committing to DET and I can't see them pulling the trigger without it. This is where we could come in.

Pipe
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Pipe
No, I'm just assuming that Detroit would have interest and as some one mentioned earlier, the Celtics need a center.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject:

The Lakers aren't going after Bledsoe or any other RFA, Lin is the starting PG. If he does well under Scott they will re-sign him to a reasonable contract, if not then they'll go after Rondo or Dragic in FA next year.

One thing for certain is that the FO will do everything they can to get Marc Gasol, he'll be the main target. The Knicks and Grizzlies will be the other suitors but the Knicks could still be bad again next year, giving us a better chance if the Lakers over achieve. This is another reason why it's crucial Randle has a good rookie year because some of his game resembles Randolph, this could be very appealing to Marc come FA.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Exactly. All he would need to do here is the simple stuff. He hasn't played on one team with veteran leadership his entire career.

yinoma2001 wrote:

But that wouldn't be why we'd trade for him. He can provide the rim protection we desperately miss. He's a piece that we need. And after this past off season I don't like leaving everything up to free agency. Plus he is not that expensive and only has 2 years left on his deal.

Doesn't that preclude from chasing any big free agents in 2015? Seems unlikely lakers surrender their stated FA goal of another max cap spot for such a low bball iq player like McGee.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
The Lakers aren't going after Bledsoe or any other RFA, Lin is the starting PG. If he does well under Scott they will re-sign him to a reasonable contract, if not then they'll go after Rondo or Dragic in FA next year.

One thing for certain is that the FO will do everything they can to get Marc Gasol, he'll be the main target. The Knicks and Grizzlies will be the other suitors but the Knicks could still be bad again next year, giving us a better chance if the Lakers over achieve. This is another reason why it's crucial Randle has a good rookie year because some of his game resembles Randolph, this could be very appealing to Marc come FA.

Even if the Knicks are bad this year I still see them being ahead of us to nab marc. They can sell him on an in his prime carmelo, Phil Jackson, and playing in the east. Even if we overachieve I still don't see how we can beat that offer.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Even if the Knicks are bad this year I still see them being ahead of us to nab marc. They can sell him on an in his prime carmelo, Phil Jackson, and playing in the east. Even if we overachieve I still don't see how we can beat that offer.

And Marc will ask Pau about his feelings on Phil vs Jim. Gasol is a smart, educated man, so I think we all know who he prefers.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Doesn't that preclude from chasing any big free agents in 2015? Seems unlikely lakers surrender their stated FA goal of another max cap spot for such a low bball iq player like McGee.

No it doesn't preclude us. Lin and Hill would be expiring freeing up around $18M. I don't see anyone in 2015 FA who is even worth all of that. Then the Lakers can even try for the pipe of kd in 2016. I think adding McGee gets the current team into the playoffs. Which makes the team record better and more attractive to free agents.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject:

In McGee's defense, he hasn't been named Shaqtin a Fool MVP in over a year. I believe the new one is Perkins for 2014. I guess getting injured helped McGee in that regard. lol

Clearly our biggest priority is the Center position, and getting someone like McGee would resolve a lot problems for us, but there is virtually no news of how McGee is doing since fracturing his tibia. He just isn't very impressive, so we shouldn't give up any young talent to get him.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

And Marc will ask Pau about his feelings on Phil vs Jim. Gasol is a smart, educated man, so I think we all know who he prefers.

O please. Pau was paid pretty generously after the chips he won after which he failed to produce and also showed ZERO leadership skills when kobe was out all yr

57/3 for all the b!tching and crying without producing any results oncourt
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:

The Terry trade actually puts the Rockets in better position to trade for Bledsoe. His contract is still expiring and it gives us two extra picks to include in a deal. Similar to the Asik deal, the Terry deal is not official yet and can still be modified to include other teams/players.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

O please. Pau was paid pretty generously after the chips he won after which he failed to produce and also showed ZERO leadership skills when kobe was out all yr

I completely agree that he was paid well and underperformed. I am on the record saying it many times. None the less that is a separate issue from which executive he would recommend his brother take a chance on.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Why do folks assume Gasol wants to play next to a clone of Randolph?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
In McGee's defense, he hasn't been named Shaqtin a Fool MVP in over a year. I believe the new one is Perkins for 2014. I guess getting injured helped McGee in that regard. lol

Clearly our biggest priority is the Center position, and getting someone like McGee would resolve a lot problems for us, but there is virtually no news of how McGee is doing since fracturing his tibia. He just isn't very impressive, so we shouldn't give up any young talent to get him.

Nobody said give up young talent. We're talking about giving up Nash lol
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I completely agree that he was paid well and underperformed. I am on the record saying it many times. None the less that is a separate issue from which executive he would recommend his brother take a chance on.

What the hell has Phil done as an executive for pau to recommend him over The guy who traded for him, got B2B and paid him great $$$
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:

Nobody said give up young talent. We're talking about giving up Nash lol

oh. yeah. how could I forget the Nash turning into 7 ft center trade proposal. lol
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
scoobs wrote:

The Terry trade actually puts the Rockets in better position to trade for Bledsoe. His contract is still expiring and it gives us two extra picks to include in a deal. Similar to the Asik deal, the Terry deal is not official yet and can still be modified to include other teams/players.

Nobody cares about the rockets on this forum man
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2860, 2861, 2862 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next
Page 2861 of 2904
Jump to: