Official [FREE AGENCY] Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2901, 2902, 2903, 2904  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
There is very little doubt that Hibbert has been more valuable than McGee. Hubert has strange disappearances, but that's because he also has times where he is a quality player at a level McGee has yet to reach.

Exactly. McGee's "highs" have not even come close to Hibbert's sustained "high" points.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
gus26 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Looking at 2015 there are some interesting guys out there. Restricted there are klay, leonard, Reggie jackson, and faried. One of those their small market teams might not wanna match, I'm looking at you okc lol.

Then aldridge is an ufa, and who know what love will do but I wouldn't count on him leaving that good situation in Cleveland unless he just really wants to be a laker.

If the Warriors under perform this season, I think the klay situation would be interesting to monitor. I wonder how much klay wants to be a laker. I've got to wonder if growing up in a lakers family has made him want to be a laker all this time. If so his situation could get interesting.

and if the Warriors under perform you have to wonder their commitment to go WAY over the tax to bring back klay....

If the warriors miss the playoffs we could steal Klay... however, if the warriors miss the playoffs you have to think Klay under performed, so in that case what is Klay worth?

They've already determined that Klay is worth the max IMO. They didn't want to part with him to get Love so to save face, I'm almost 100% certain they will give him the 5 year max (especially after Hayward and Bledsoe, two inferior players).

That means someone like Barnes may be interesting trade bait.

I think we are a good trade partner for GS since we are deep in the frontcourt and they aren't.

I like Barnes as we could use help at SF and he is cheap, young, and has some potential.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
gus26 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Looking at 2015 there are some interesting guys out there. Restricted there are klay, leonard, Reggie jackson, and faried. One of those their small market teams might not wanna match, I'm looking at you okc lol.

Then aldridge is an ufa, and who know what love will do but I wouldn't count on him leaving that good situation in Cleveland unless he just really wants to be a laker.

If the Warriors under perform this season, I think the klay situation would be interesting to monitor. I wonder how much klay wants to be a laker. I've got to wonder if growing up in a lakers family has made him want to be a laker all this time. If so his situation could get interesting.

Yes. I would love to trade any of our bigs (not named Randle) for Barnes. I endorse this idea!
and if the Warriors under perform you have to wonder their commitment to go WAY over the tax to bring back klay....

If the warriors miss the playoffs we could steal Klay... however, if the warriors miss the playoffs you have to think Klay under performed, so in that case what is Klay worth?

They've already determined that Klay is worth the max IMO. They didn't want to part with him to get Love so to save face, I'm almost 100% certain they will give him the 5 year max (especially after Hayward and Bledsoe, two inferior players).

That means someone like Barnes may be interesting trade bait.

I think we are a good trade partner for GS since we are deep in the frontcourt and they aren't.

I like Barnes as we could use help at SF and he is cheap, young, and has some potential.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
There is very little doubt that Hibbert has been more valuable than McGee. Hubert has strange disappearances, but that's because he also has times where he is a quality player at a level McGee has yet to reach.

Not arguing that. You don't trade for who has been more valuable, you trade for who WILL be more valuable.

On this team and in this NBA I'm of the opinion McGee would be
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
24 wrote:

Not arguing that. You don't trade for who has been more valuable, you trade for who WILL be more valuable.

How so?
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“@SI_Wire: Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak: 'Our expectations are to win a championship' http://si.com/nba/2014/09/26/lakers-mitch-kupchak-kobe-bryant … pic.twitter.com/3s3yuaHZxb” THIS YEAR?!!

damn is mitch delusional
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
Quote:
“@SI_Wire: Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak: 'Our expectations are to win a championship' http://si.com/nba/2014/09/26/lakers-mitch-kupchak-kobe-bryant … pic.twitter.com/3s3yuaHZxb” THIS YEAR?!!

damn is mitch delusional

Yep...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
22 wrote:
24 wrote:

How so?

Because McGee fits better into the current makeup of the team and makes less money than Hibbert. I think guys like Kobe, Nash, and Coach Scott would keep him in check so that he doesn't do all the dumb stuff like throw lobs to himself

He's a guy who would be fine focusing on rebounding, defense, and blocking shots IMO. I think he would be satisfied with getting garbage points and lobs on offense with the occasional low post touch.

I didn't like what a I saw last playoffs from Hibbert not only in his play but in his comments too. He was pouty crying for the ball and then did nothing with it. I've had enough pouting about touches from Dwight and Pau. Just give me an athletic hustle center who will play a role and I'll be satisfied
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I think it's statement more along the lines of "No matter how bad things may look, we're always working to build championship team"

!...

Last edited by City_Dawg on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject:

CaliRyderX wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
Quote:

damn is mitch delusional

Yep...

Did they include all of what he said or take it out of context? I watched the press conference and it didn't come off as delusional.

That's the standard Laker goal every year.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
I think it's statement more along the lines of "Now matter how bad things may look, we're always working to build championship team"

No doubt that was the intended meaning, and he even gave an example of going into the '07-'08 season.

Eye catching headline is all
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
24 wrote:

You've got your opinion and we've got ours. I don't mean to be blunt but mcgee hasn't proven anything to indicate he's even in the same echelon of big men as hibbert. That argument about the future and who will be the better center going forward is not the argument I would go for. Because 1. the future is guess work as we see with so many busts that come from college to nba. And 2. If we are going to think about the future and limit our guessing there should be evidence to strongly suggest how the future will be. Hibbert has produced 10 times better and is thus more proven than mcgee up until this point. So he's a surer bet for the future.

Like i said Shaq was not mobile when he dominated the league and started winning chips. Why do u think he's always elevating traditional big men in the media like hibbert 2 yrs ago calling him and lopez the best true bigs in the nba. Shaq was never a mobile big man, not a transition defender, not a pick n roll defender, not a pick n roll big man. I guess championship fat shaq (not evem young shaq) would be trash in today's nba?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Just because he often didn't try doesn't mean he wasn't capable. Shaq was indeed mobile. Especially in his younger days. Shaq was super quick for a big man.

And is shaq really the example you guys want to use for a Hibert comparison?? I only brought it up because Jester did.

Anyways...Hibbert is no less of a manageable risk than McGee. In fact McGee is less of a risk because he gets paid $3M less. You guys were so worried about getting McGee because it would cost us a chance at Deandre, asik, gasol, etc. So would Hibbert lol.

None of us have a clear cut argument over the other. It's just a preference on who you'd bet on.

McGee recovering from injury and lack of brain cells?

or

Hibbert recovering from a gender change ?

Hibbert bring more upside than McGee does.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
22 wrote:
24 wrote:

You've got your opinion and we've got ours. I don't mean to be blunt but mcgee hasn't proven anything to indicate he's even in the same echelon of big men as hibbert. That argument about the future and who will be the better center going forward is not the argument I would go for. Because 1. the future is guess work as we see with so many busts that come from college to nba. And 2. If we are going to think about the future and limit our guessing there should be evidence to strongly suggest how the future will be. Hibbert has produced 10 times better and is thus more proven than mcgee up until this point. So he's a surer bet for the future.

Like i said Shaq was not mobile when he dominated the league and started winning chips. Why do u think he's always elevating traditional big men in the media like hibbert 2 yrs ago calling him and lopez the best true bigs in the nba. Shaq was never a mobile big man, not a transition defender, not a pick n roll defender, not a pick n roll big man. I guess championship fat shaq (not evem young shaq) would be trash in today's nba?

That's what I've been saying this whole time. I only keep replying because you guys are acting like once choice is so superior to the other. Either choice is a gamble.

As to Shaq being mobile I still say he was. Mobile doesn't mean you're a Euro style big. It just means you can move around well enough. Which Shaq certainly could. Whether he chose not to or ate himself out of being mobile is beside the point. When he was motivated he led the break, dove for loose balls, and out quicked his man to spots on the floor. All of which Hibbert does not do.

Roy may very well better than McGee now and for the rest of his career, but he ain't no shaq. EVER. That comparison is moot
gus26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject:

CaliRyderX wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
Quote:

damn is mitch delusional

Yep...

i see a lot of similar things like 2007 and i think with the right trade we could be competing and win a championship...
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
KEVIN DING retweeted
Baxter Holmes ‏@BaxterHolmes 5m
Sources tell the Globe that Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo suffered a broken hand and had surgery today. Return timetable is unclear.
gus26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject:

rondo is falling apart...

nash kinda falls apart...

its a fair trade now...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:
KEVIN DING retweeted
Baxter Holmes ‏@BaxterHolmes 5m
Sources tell the Globe that Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo suffered a broken hand and had surgery today. Return timetable is unclear.

They shoulda traded him long ago
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
22 wrote:
24 wrote:

That's what I've been saying this whole time. I only keep replying because you guys are acting like once choice is so superior to the other. Either choice is a gamble.

As to Shaq being mobile I still say he was. Mobile doesn't mean you're a Euro style big. It just means you can move around well enough. Which Shaq certainly could. Whether he chose not to or ate himself out of being mobile is beside the point. When he was motivated he led the break, dove for loose balls, and out quicked his man to spots on the floor. All of which Hibbert does not do.

Roy may very well better than McGee now and for the rest of his career, but he ain't no shaq. EVER. That comparison is moot

Never said hibb was shaq. I said if hibbert is not a good center because he's not mobile, then by that logic, championship shaq was not a good center because he wasn't mobile.

Even if shaq was or wasn't mobile he's one of the most dominant centers of all time. Shaq has elevated hibbert on multiple occasions and constantly clowns on mcgee as the acting a fool champion. Does that mean anything? Sure both are gambles but not every gamble is the same, some are better bets than others in terms of educated guesses, evidence, and probability.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject:

gus26 wrote:

its a fair trade now...

Yeah nothing to lose. Do it Mitch.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject:

gus26 wrote:

its a fair trade now...

Pass
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
Quote:

damn is mitch delusional

Nope, just keeping the Laker mentality. You know, the thing all the fans said the Lakers fell out of touch with.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject:

He might not believe it, and neither may anyone else, but that's the only response I would want to hear from Mitch.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Rondo's done... I never really thought he would be a Laker, I always saw it as a long shot for our team.
I don't think Hibbert should be a consideration simply because I don't know if he is the answer to our problem in the middle.
BUT I will say this. I like the bigs that we have right now. Of course, they're no Shaq or Pau Gasol, but they do bring youth and athleticism and a willingness to be a role player. I also like Tyler who was recently added to the training camp roster, because that kid can play. Quiet as it's kept he might be the diamond in the rough this season along with Clarkson. I'm hoping he can make the team.
I honestly believe the Lakers are considering a wing player for the future over a big, but the makeup of our championship potion might be changed especially under the new regime.
They'll never be another guard on our team who can replace Kobe, the same could be said for Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Shaq etc.
But I like the sound of Randle and Clarkson as future pieces to this puzzle who knows what the free agency future holds.
As much as I would have liked to get Monroe on the team, I don't see him as that much of a difference maker or franchise player, but someone new will come around, there will be a player the Lakers get to make all the difference and get us back to championship contention...
I know the "3" spot is wide open, how about a 6'11" shooting guard with the initials..."KD" how does that sound?
OH yeah it's a long shot, but if I'm going to dream I might as well dream BIG!!!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
Quote:

damn is mitch delusional

He may be right....eventually; lol....

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2901, 2902, 2903, 2904  Next
Page 2902 of 2904
Jump to: