OFFICIAL NICK YOUNG THREAD....He signed for 1 year with GSW....Goodbye Swaggy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
Iggy is in L.A. Nick ain't going nowhere.

???
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

???

http://instagram.com/p/ldUMB3LqAx/

http://instagram.com/p/jKIGNurqHo/

http://instagram.com/p/hEsxNwrqMF/

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

???

http://instagram.com/p/ldUMB3LqAx/

http://instagram.com/p/jKIGNurqHo/

http://instagram.com/p/hEsxNwrqMF/

Thanks....I didn't know he had a girl here name Iggy. That is a giant plus to him staying here!!

Now we know who's Louboutin's were stolen from his house.....along with his stuff.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject:

LakerCity wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I am not sure we are talking about the same Kobe.

What leads you to conclude he will play 75 plus games and more than 35 mpg? If anything it behooves him to pace himself. He's going to be 36.

Last thing I want is for him to try to prove he's prime Kobe. I want a durable (relatively speaking given his injuries and mileage) who we can count on in the postseason.

I want him to play 30-32 mpg next yr

but Kobe will never agree to sitting out back to backs or any games just because. Kobe isn't down with the "DNP - Old "

And that will be his problem. It shouldn't be about Kobe trying to prove he's better than guys who are 10-15 years younger than him. He needs to play smart and rest as much as he can. If he won't pace himself, then the risk of re-injury is there.

Like I've been saying, the key to prolonging his career is trusting his teammates to help him carry the load.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject:

SWAGGY-P

Quote:
"I always wanted to be a Laker and it will be a dream come true to still be here, but it's crazy," Young said after practice Thursday.
"You never know what happens. Last year they had a whole different team. It's obvious they're going to make some changes."

SWAG-link
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject:

I really do hope Nick can stay. But he will be looking at offers in the $4-5m range too, and I think the Lakers stop at $3m a year.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I really do hope Nick can stay. But he will be looking at offers in the $4-5m range too, and I think the Lakers stop at $3m a year.

Lakers would be stupid to only offer 3m to young. We played 2.5 to brown. Young is way better than brown. We paid 7m to Lamar. Young IMO is better than Lamar. Hell we were giving 4.5m to sessions. Young deserves around 5m a year. Lakers should offer it for 3 years. 15m total.

We were giving 8 to artest! Offered 5m to ariza! Blake was getting 4m!!!!

Young is better than all those cats except maybe arrest in is first year.

We were giving fisher 3.5!!!!!!!

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject:

If LA wants to preserve cap room for max guys, they can only hand out a bit over 13 or so mil in contracts this year (with raises figured) to have room for Love next year. Less if LBJ opts in and is a target next year. They will not spend heavily on guys who are sixth men at best on a good team.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lakers would be stupid to only offer 3m to young. We played 2.5 to brown. Young is way better than brown. We paid 7m to Lamar. Young IMO is better than Lamar. Hell we were giving 4.5m to sessions. Young deserves around 5m a year. Lakers should offer it for 3 years. 15m total.

Me, personally, I wish Nick Young, Xavier Henry, Jordan Farmar, Kent Bazemore, and Kendall Marshall would all re-sign at their current salary for just one more year.

Then, in 2015 they could essentially sign whoever they were going to sign because their cap holds collectively would be so low (its rumored they're looking at 2015 rather than 2014 to make a big splash) and then offer (if they elect to keep them) deals that'll allow them to exceed the salary cap. That way they have their "starting unit" players as well as an extremely deep bench.

It wouldn't shock me to see it happen. I believe all you need is two full years with a team to get their early bird rights. But, then again, this situation is having my cake and eating it too lol.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Well, MWP was given the MLE, which has % increases. So IIRC, he started off closer to $5-6m.

Blake was given a portion of the MLE as well. These contracts were not given in a vacuum. We were already WAY over the salary cap so the only way to add free agents was through the MLE. Also remember, MWP at the time was a borderline all-star in Houston, playing both ends of the floor. At the time he was signed, he was underpaid at the MLE level.

We will have to operate under the salary cap (and a small room exception of approx. $2.7m). It's apples to oranges to compare signing Young with those other players. We're not over the cap, we're not a championship contender. We will be rebuilding from scratch. Investing $5m/year in Young is not a good start to rebuilding, particulary if he wants 4 years too.

I think $9m/3 years is a bit under market, but a discount he will have to take if he wants to continue playing his Lakers dream.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

What leads you to conclude he will play 75 plus games and more than 35 mpg? If anything it behooves him to pace himself. He's going to be 36.

Last thing I want is for him to try to prove he's prime Kobe. I want a durable (relatively speaking given his injuries and mileage) who we can count on in the postseason.

Because I know if healthy that he will play every game possible. That is what he has always done, and he isn't changing his stripes now. Why this idea that Kobe is over the hill pervades the board here escapes me. I was once 36, and I was hardly over the hill. And I was nowhere near the conditioned athlete that Kobe is. Stockton played full seasons over 40, so did Kidd. To think Kobe won't is something I can't agree with.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
If LA wants to preserve cap room for max guys, they can only hand out a bit over 13 or so mil in contracts this year (with raises figured) to have room for Love next year. Less if LBJ opts in and is a target next year. They will not spend heavily on guys who are sixth men at best on a good team.

They could give him a one year contract as a salary placeholder, but I would rather see them sign players who they expect to be here for multiple seasons. This year was fine, but not when you are rebuilding.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Because I know if healthy that he will play every game possible. That is what he has always done, and he isn't changing his stripes now. Why this idea that Kobe is over the hill pervades the board here escapes me. I was once 36, and I was hardly over the hill. And I was nowhere near the conditioned athlete that Kobe is. Stockton played full seasons over 40, so did Kidd. To think Kobe won't is something I can't agree with.

I'm his age right now. I play ball quite actively in leagues with other avid basketball players (which include several former D-1 players). The difference in my body from 26 until now...pretty astounding. And of course we aren't even a fraction of what Kobe brings athletically, dedication-wise. But you have to take it easy. 82 games, playoffs, back-to-backs, plus all the conditioning he puts in puts a tremendous toll on his body. We need a coach who can convince Kobe to take it easy.

Further, IIRC, Kidd/Stockon didn't have an achilles injury/major knee injury at that age. I don't understand why people don't think an achilles injury isn't a game changer. If Kobe was healthy, that's a different story. But he's simply not.

Didn't you say the same about Kobe coming back strong this season as well? It's pretty simple for me. Kobe isn't going to get stronger or faster than he was. He is simply fighting to maintain whatever he had. But two major injuries have put him in a major defecit that he will have to make up in order to START basketball activities.

It's pure hubris for Kobe to go out there and think he has to play every game, 35-37 mpg. In fact, his body will likely fail him if he does that.

I want a relatively healthy Kobe, and it starts with moderating his impulses to over-do it. That's why I want a lot of wing players that can help him reduce minutes. Solid players like Meeks, Young, or even a good 2014 draft pick will help in that respect.

Edit: FYI, Stockton at age 36 play 28 mpg. Jason Kidd was still playing major minutes at 36 but didn't have nearly the same scoring burdens, and he was healthy.

Last edited by yinoma2001 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:03 am; edited 3 times in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject:

SWAGGY REALLY WANTS TO STAY IN LA:

MORE SWAG
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I'm his age right now. I play ball quite actively in leagues with other avid basketball players (which include several former D-1 players). The difference in my body from 26 until now...pretty astounding. And of course we aren't even a fraction of what Kobe brings athletically, dedication-wise. But you have to take it easy. 82 games, playoffs, back-to-backs, plus all the conditioning he puts in puts a tremendous toll on his body. We need a coach who can convince Kobe to take it easy.

Further, IIRC, Kidd/Stockon didn't have an achilles injury/major knee injury at that age. I don't understand why people don't think an achilles injury isn't a game changer. If Kobe was healthy, that's a different story. But he's simply not.

Didn't you say the same about Kobe coming back strong this season as well? It's pretty simple for me. Kobe isn't going to get stronger or faster than he was. He is simply fighting to maintain whatever he had. But two major injuries have put him in a major defecit that he will have to make up in order to START basketball activities.

It's pure hubris for Kobe to go out there and think he has to play every game, 35-37 mpg. In fact, his body will likely fail him if he does that.

I want a relatively healthy Kobe, and it starts with moderating his impulses to over-do it. That's why I want a lot of wing players that can help him reduce minutes. Solid players like Meeks, Young, or even a good 2014 draft pick will help in that respect.

Edit: FYI, Stockton at age 36 play 28 mpg. Jason Kidd was still playing major minutes at 36 but didn't have nearly the same scoring burdens, and he was healthy.

36 is not 26 and never will be. Anyone that has played the game at a pro level and isn't afraid to say the truth will tell you that....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

36 is not 26 and never will be. Anyone that has played the game at a pro level and isn't afraid to say the truth will tell you that....

The extension made me nervous because of the fact that he will be the highest paid player in the next 2 seasons, which may make him feel like he needs to go out there and prove he's the best player to justify the $.

Kobe doesn't have to prove a single damn thing to me. He's already one of the best players ever. Now, as a Lakers fan, I want him to be healthy so the team can benefit on-court from him. Allowing him to play 75-80 games, at 35-36 mpg is possibly the worst thing to do given his age/injuries.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Young has never been better than Lamar when Lamar was with the Lakers. Lamar could fill up a stat sheet was a regular double double and played defense.

And im not saying Young might not be worth 5m per year, but whatever we gave other players in the past is irrelevant. Its a new CBA. And we are trying to preserve cap space unlike the past 18 years when we never had cap space and just kept adding salary.

I definitely want him back, but I think he will have to take less than other teams might offer to stay here.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Swaggy said he "hopes the fans come out Sunday to see Swaggy P one last time". That's what he said after the game tonight. Don't like the sound of that!!

Last edited by kobe_luver on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Can this kid turn it on or what? Now I understand the comparisons to Kobe early in his career. We'd be fools not to retain him.

Tonight's game was in the bag, but he wasn't having it. Meeks and Young must stay.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject:

5 years 20 mill with a no trade clause.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

I believe that would do it!

He could get more on the open market but w/o the guarantees, length & stability.

With a sweet deal like that he could retire comfortably at that point if he wanted to.

Swaggy P knows what Dorothy knows: "THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!"
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I believe that would do it!

He could get more on the open market but w/o the guarantees, length & stability.

With a sweet deal like that he could retire comfortably at that point if he wanted to.

Swaggy P knows what Dorothy knows: "THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!"

Scrubs never get no trade clauses.
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject:

lol @ a no trade clause for swaggy p
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject:

Swag clause.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Short interview with Nick on ESPN's site: http://espn.go.com/losangeles/nba/story/_/id/10773567/los-angeles-lakers-nick-young-sees-no-benefit-tanking-games
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 23 of 83
Jump to: