OFFICIAL NICK YOUNG THREAD....He signed for 1 year with GSW....Goodbye Swaggy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Easy solution with Nick Young.

Put together a better team next year that has enough talent so that he isn't the 2nd best player on the darn team and can remain a 6th man.

If you want success then you need a team talented enough for Nick young to be the 4th or 5th most important player or 3rd at MOST.

But we haven't. He was our best player last tree AR and this year our 2nd best next to Kobe and currently is still the 2nd best but not playing.

Change that..and you'll start to benefit.

Nick Young and a successful team don't go together.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I think Swaggy easily won the transaction.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
MJST wrote:

Put together a better team next year that has enough talent so that he isn't the 2nd best player on the darn team and can remain a 6th man.

If you want success then you need a team talented enough for Nick young to be the 4th or 5th most important player or 3rd at MOST.

But we haven't. He was our best player last tree AR and this year our 2nd best next to Kobe and currently is still the 2nd best but not playing.

Actually they do. To try to act like he wouldn't be a valuable 6th man that could spell Kobe's minutes is silly and typical "what have you don't for me lately" stuff.

If you put together a roster talented enough that it keeps Nick Young as a 6th man and he isn't the 2nd best player on the team next to Kobe you will have success.

Him being the 2nd best player on the team is a message to how little talent is on the team.

Fact of the matter is he's a role player and on a contending team he's the 4th or 5th most important piece and 6th man off the bench.

but if you put him in the role of 2nd most important because the team doesn't have much talent to make him anything less, then he will struggle and the team goes nowhere.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

I like Nick Young... what can I say? At least the guy is watchable when plays, unlike most of the stiffs we have now...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
MJST wrote:

Actually they do. To try to act like he wouldn't be a valuable 6th man that could spell Kobe's minutes is silly and typical "what have you don't for me lately" stuff.

If you put together a roster talented enough that it keeps Nick Young as a 6th man and he isn't the 2nd best player on the team next to Kobe you will have success.

Him being the 2nd best player on the team is a message to how little talent is on the team.

Fact of the matter is he's a role player and on a contending team he's the 4th or 5th most important piece and 6th man off the bench.

but if you put him in the role of 2nd most important because the team doesn't have much talent to make him anything less, then he will struggle and the team goes nowhere.

I totally agree!
Swaggy P is a role player, 6th man, and is at his best when cast into that role. Nothing more, nothing less.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject:

nick young = old Jason terry
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
With Nick Young's tough season + clashes w/ Byron Scott, I'm told Lakers will shop Young around this summer http://bit.ly/1PIQlI1

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/588056592848818176

Quote:
Outlook: The Lakers will likely entertain trade offers for Young. Any scenario remains complicated because of Young’s recent poor play and the possibility teams would want a draft pick in return.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
With Nick Young's tough season + clashes w/ Byron Scott, I'm told Lakers will shop Young around this summer http://bit.ly/1PIQlI1

Quote:
Outlook: The Lakers will likely entertain trade offers for Young. Any scenario remains complicated because of Young’s recent poor play and the possibility teams would want a draft pick in return.

Thank goodness.

But it's going to be hard to move him. Would likely have to attach the Lakers 2nd rounder to get rid of him.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Oh yay...joy...

WHY THE HELL DID WE SIGN HIM IN THE (bleep) FIRST PLACE!?

(bleep) this FO...so (bleep) stupid when it comes to signings. Ugh.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject:

No one's taking this bum's contract.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

I just don't understand why the FO signs Lin/Young to multi-year deals when they knew the team was going to stink anyway. Now we're stuck with these bums.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

I just don't understand why the FO signs Lin/Young to multi-year deals when they knew the team was going to stink anyway. Now we're stuck with these bums.

Lin wasn't signed, he was traded for, and his contract isn't multi year, it is over this year.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject:

I am growing tired of Young's happy go lucky clown act. He is always joking and smiling. Reminds me of Dwight Coward.

Would anybody here be willing to trade Lakers late first round pick or early second round pick to trade Young?

If the Lakers get involved in a big trade this summer I could see Young as one of the moving pieces to make salaries work.

Maybe he will change his attitude and be more serious for next season but I doubt it.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

They better not trade a draft pick just to get rid of Young.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

They better not trade a draft pick just to get rid of Young.

They better not.

Lakers FO made this mess themselves. They have no one else to blame for their own stupidity in resigning this clown for an overpayment and for 4 (bleep) years.

Just find a way to get rid of him without giving up any draft picks this year. I'm sure Mitch can think of SOMETHING if he puts his mind to it.

Just do that so that we will never have to speak about that mistake ever again.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather not lose a draft pick. Heck, eat the remaining contract or Josh Smith him (waive and stretch).
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Young = Worthless piece of you know what, with a bad contract....Another horrific signing by the FO to get people in the seats....Now they're screwed...I would deal him along with a second round pick...he's a legit clown
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

It is amazing to me how many turn on a guy on a dime.

The beginning of the season he was our best player after Kobe. They both started the season playing great. Everyone was loving Swaggy P here (at least almost everyone) and enjoying his attitude and personality. Then he had a sudden stretch of bad games and the Swaggy hate started and has only increased thru his down time with his knee.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
It is amazing to me how many turn on a guy on a dime.

The beginning of the season he was our best player after Kobe. They both started the season playing great. Everyone was loving Swaggy P here (at least almost everyone) and enjoying his attitude and personality. Then he had a sudden stretch of bad games and the Swaggy hate started and has only increased thru his down time with his knee.

Turn on the guy? That assumes we ever liked him in the first place. Well, I'm sure some here did but no way in hell did I.

I hated him last year and I hate him ever more this year. And he was no way in any shape or form the best player after Kobe...ever. He has one game every 10 where he doesn't look like a bum. And his play style is so horrid that it makes me almost throw up.

His personaility sucks, his attitude sucks, his play style is awful, his talents are almost no where to be found, the only reason why he's relevant at all is because of his even more overrated girlfriend.

Resigning him was a pure TMZ move. Just to throw people that care about that crap in seats instead of thinking about winning or the future. He had and has and will never have any bussiness being a Laker here. Everytime he wears that damn uniform I'm disgusted.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I think with Kobe back next year, Nick Young could be reigned in and brought into line of how he should be playing and acting. So if we do trade him, I hope a pick is not included because I don't think he's that much of a detriment to the team.

Last edited by Rivershow on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Nick Young should of been given a 2 year deal though, that was a HUGE mistake by the FO.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Megaton nailed it:

Turn on the guy? That assumes we ever liked him in the first place. Well, I'm sure some here did but no way in hell did I.

I hated him last year and I hate him ever more this year. And he was no way in any shape or form the best player after Kobe...ever. He has one game every 10 where he doesn't look like a bum. And his play style is so horrid that it makes me almost throw up.

His personaility sucks, his attitude sucks, his play style is awful, his talents are almost no where to be found, the only reason why he's relevant at all is because of his even more overrated girlfriend.

Resigning him was a pure TMZ move. Just to throw people that care about that crap in seats instead of thinking about winning or the future. He had and has and will never have any bussiness being a Laker here. Everytime he wears that damn uniform I'm disgusted.

Couldn't have said it better....He's been a loser his entire career.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Game 7 in the 2nd round of the playoffs, you trust Swaggy on the court in meaningful games? I don't.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

These responses I'm still rooting for you nick
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Thank God there is a good chance Young is out the door this off-season.... he was never a good fit... it would be interesting to see what the Lakers get in return.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 36 of 83
Jump to: