Who will have a better record next season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will have a better record next season?
Lakers
58%
 58%  [ 71 ]
Rockets
41%
 41%  [ 50 ]
Total Votes : 121

K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Defending Dwight is stupid simple as well.

Getting him out of defensive position is easy too. Just watch our games from last season.

It's easy to look at his gaudy individual stats (points/rebound/blocks) and think we're giving up all this impact, and Houston is gaining it.

But it's not the full story, and we all know it too. We give up his futility in the post, and his horrible soul killing freethrow problem.

Last edited by K28 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Both Lakers and Rockets will suck.

At least, I think we will help a better record than last season.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
Both Lakers and Rockets will suck.

At least, I think we will help a better record than last season.

How good we are is really going to depend on Kobe and how his return from this injury goes.

In a perfect world, with a healthy Kobe, I'd say losing Howard actually made us better.

Why? Well, because his vaunted defense did little to help the Lakers overall team defense. He got lots of blocks into the third row, but nearly as often they were ruled goaltends or he found himself helping and out of position.

The Lakers were a poorly coached defensive team....they didn't talk to each other, and when Howard got pissed at his teammates for not helping the helper, he sounded like a whining douche...not a leader who demanded everyone be on the same page. His failure to lead was one of the hallmarks of the season.
Since the 80's...
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I will also bet that we have a better record than "this year's" Laker squad!!!
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject:

coward will mess with their chemistry. we have players who took less money to be lakers.

LA: 51-31
Hou: 46-36
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Too soon to form an opinion.

Ask me next April.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
Lakers are barley going to make the playoffs if they don't tank. They're not getting 50 wins or beating the Rockets. Alot of members here are delusional.

Contrary to what many believe, Dwight's 20/14/DPOY isn't junk. They added that while that was subtracted from us.

We are a year older and Kobe had a major surgery. Hmm.

Dwight isn't that great. You'll see this year, count on it. He can't play with other stars.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Fallout wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
Lakers are barley going to make the playoffs if they don't tank. They're not getting 50 wins or beating the Rockets. Alot of members here are delusional.

Contrary to what many believe, Dwight's 20/14/DPOY isn't junk. They added that while that was subtracted from us.

Dwight isn't that great. You'll see this year, count on it. He can't play with other stars.

exactly.
ringThingDoUrThiNg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Rockets will be as hapless as the Spurs
Harry Styles
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Fallout wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

You can say the same thing about Kobe post-Shaq. He's gotten along with Gasol because honestly, Gasol somewhat of a pushover. Kobe wanted to be top-dog when clearly Shaq was still dominating like nobody else. We won't win if Kobe still thinks he's 25.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject:

If Young averages 15-18PPG and Gasol comes back from the Injury strong, any thing is possible.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
If Young averages 15-18PPG and Gasol comes back from the Injury strong, any thing is possible.

Addition by subtraction. The pieces are going to fit much better this year.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

One thing for sure, we won't be losing lots of games to poor free throw shooting like last year.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Harry Styles wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Fallout wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

You can say the same thing about Kobe post-Shaq. He's gotten along with Gasol because honestly, Gasol somewhat of a pushover. Kobe wanted to be top-dog when clearly Shaq was still dominating like nobody else. We won't win if Kobe still thinks he's 25.

hmmm....interesting
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Houston will not be that great. They are salary strapped for at least 3 seasons and really only have 2.5 good players, and no good draft picks in the near future. If Coward really wanted to win he should've either went to GS or stayed in LA. In other words Coward will likely go the route of Chuck and Karl.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

One thing for sure, we won't be losing lots of games to poor free throw shooting like last year.

And our chemistry will be better.
Santa Monica
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject:

Sure we got a lot of question marks.

Kobe back from injury
Pau back from surgery
Nash's form and age
No MWP

But I just got this feeling it's going to come together.

Anyways, any team with Kobe is better than those crappy Rockets scrubs.
I'm looking forward to wiping the floor with them this year.
And next year, when we clear the roster and bring in Wiggins and LeBron... WATCH OUT! New dynasty starting!
lackers22222
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject:

Lackers fans are really delusional... I understand hating other teams and players, but believing to end up with a better record is really just delusional.
Will bump this thread once the season is over to remind you
Jove
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject:

Better chemistry for the Lakers this season as well as recruiting players with A LOT to prove this year, Pau on his contract year, Kobe maybe seeking vengeance against Dwight even. I don't care if it's unrealistic, I'm also bias as hell here but screw it, I say Lakers.

Despite Nash and Pau being another year older and Kobe as well as coming off a torn achilles, this team got younger, more athletic, and one less drama queen. Especially if the Lakers sign Tyrus Thomas (please make it so ), I think they can play much better together as a squad.

Their is already some drama with the Rockets already with Asik wanting to be traded since he doesn't want to be Dwight's backup. And their is no chance in hell those two will play on the court together or otherwise that would be the worst scoring and free throw shooting front court in the league. Rockets might have Dwight's talents, but they also have Dwight's personality too.
Will2Win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject:

lackers22222 wrote:
Lackers fans are really delusional... I understand hating other teams and players, but believing to end up with a better record is really just delusional.
Will bump this thread once the season is over to remind you

What makes you think the Rockets are any better than us. Parson is decent he is essentially what earl clark was to us. Howard has terrible offense and it will actually hurt the Rockets a lot considering the fact that Asik was better on pick n rolls than Howard which harden needs to be consistantly effective when attacking, and not only that but Asik is a better passer than Howard as well. Howard's offensive style is actually going to slow the rockets down, when in fact they are a better team when playing at high-speed. Then with all that their bench is going to be garbage. The only actual effective player for them coming off the bench was Delfino and he is gone to Millawake now. At Least the Lakers have Pau, Kobe, and Nash who dispite being old, have game skills that are essentially ageless.

Pau: Amazing post game, great mid rang e shooter, amazing passer, and will actually work better with nash on the pick n roll than howard did because of those skill sets.

Nash: Amazing shooting, amazing passer, can still run pick n rolls at a great level, and now will finally be coming back healthy. Which lets remember he was actually playing coming off a broken bone, so i don't get why Howard got such special treatment from people saying "Oh he's coming off of back surgery", when Nash was coming back from his own injury which effected the nerves in his legs for the season.

Kobe: I don't care what people say about him coming off of an achilles tear this is (bleep) Kobe. He has already shown people how fast and hard he is working to return back, and has made incredible progress. Not only that but Kobe's skill set is so large, that even if he is slower he can always be effective.

Then we actually don't have half bad role players either, we have Nick Young who can create his own shot and knock down shots which is pressure on other teams defense. Kaman who has many tools as well and is actually very consistant even in very limited minutes to come in for gasol. Jordan Hill is coming back and he is an incredible rebounder and hustler which brings a lot of energy. Our bench and role players match up or are even better than Houston's who is going to have chemistry issues also with Asik having to come off the bench for Howard when he doesn't want to.

Defensive Wise: The Rockets may only be slightly better because of Howard, but lets not forget last season Howard complained a lot about leaks in defense. Wait till he sees all the leaks houston's defense has especially in the PG role which would be similar to Nash since Lin is a terrible defender. Sure the Lakers may not be any better or perhaps even a little worse than last season, but i feel with their added communication and chemistry they will be able to play strong enough defense to give them a decent record.

So in truth it really isn't dillusional to believe the lakers have a chance to be a pretty damn decent team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: