Vote for Kobe!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MvP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Vote for Kobe!

http://espn.go.com/espys/2013/

for best NBA player
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is my favorite player but I'm not gonna lie to myself just so he can win some worthless award.
penston
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Nope. But I did vote for Stephanie Gilmore.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Already done. Best NBA player by far.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Why? He's not.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Kobe will get some votes for sure
Born89FanIn95
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject:

um...no..he is not the best player
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject:

He's not the best in the league right now, but I voted for him anyway
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject:

If he won its because of his fan base. Lebron is the clear cut winner haha
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is a top 10 player of all time but he's not better then Lebron or Durant, he's 3rd imo which isn't bad for a 34 year old.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject:

I voted... for LeBron (since he actually IS the best player in the NBA) and will soon be a Lakers in 2014.
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is always the best. True fan till death. I hope he wins.

Last edited by SilverBullet on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
I voted... for LeBron (since he actually IS the best player in the NBA) and will soon be a Lakers in 2014.

& ban!
PassiontoWin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Alot of people are just saying KD and LBJ are better than Kobe just because everyone else is saying it. Kobe had one of his best seasons last year. I'm not seeing how KD and LBJ are better INDIVIDUAL players. They both had the better team and better health last season. They might take that crown from Kobe, but only because Kobe's passed his prime and everyone declines with old age.
Kobe Wiggins
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject:

27-6-6 in his 17th season. All that needs to be said
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Wiggins wrote:

Kobe is the best "old man" in the league. But he is definitely not the best player in the league. Kobe's 27-6-6 is fantastic! But LeBron's 27-8-7 is better...

Stop thinking with your heart and start using your head. Kobe is no longer the best in the league. That's just a fact that the numbers prove. The only stats where Kobe trumped LeBron in 2012/13, was in scoring (+0.5) and free throw percentage (+.08). Otherwise LeBron is simply superior in every other category.
Born89FanIn95
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
Kobe Wiggins wrote:

Kobe is the best "old man" in the league. But he is definitely not the best player in the league. Kobe's 27-6-6 is fantastic! But LeBron's 27-8-7 is better...

Stop thinking with your heart and start using your head. Kobe is no longer the best in the league. That's just a fact that the numbers prove. The only stats where Kobe trumped LeBron in 2012/13, was in scoring (+0.5) and free throw percentage (+.08). Otherwise LeBron is simply superior in every other category.

THIS!!
PassiontoWin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Born89FanIn95 wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
Kobe Wiggins wrote:

THIS!!

No...not that! Stats don't tell the whole story. Kobe is still a much better scorer than LBJ..much more skilled offensive player..forces other teams to defend him in every position. Better shooter for sure. LBJ has it so easy with the roster he has. The floor is always spread for him in Miami with shooters..just his athleticism, speed and power advantage alone gives him the ability to just power to the basket for easy shots though..but skill wise Kobe is still superior. LBJ's defense is better though on an 82 game basis I'll admit that since he's still young in his prime and has the energy and Kobe has less now that's he's older. Kobe when he wants to and has the energy to is still an elite defender. He has to work so hard without another quick perimeter creator on our team..not to mention our team lacking the shooters to spread the floor.
Just call me ***
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject:

PassiontoWin wrote:
Born89FanIn95 wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
Kobe Wiggins wrote:

THIS!!

No...not that! Stats don't tell the whole story. Kobe is still a much better scorer than LBJ..much more skilled offensive player..forces other teams to defend him in every position. Better shooter for sure. LBJ has it so easy with the roster he has. The floor is always spread for him in Miami with shooters..just his athleticism, speed and power advantage alone gives him the ability to just power to the basket for easy shots though..but skill wise Kobe is still superior. LBJ's defense is better though on an 82 game basis I'll admit that since he's still young in his prime and has the energy and Kobe has less now that's he's older. Kobe when he wants to and has the energy to is still an elite defender. He has to work so hard without another quick perimeter creator on our team..not to mention our team lacking the shooters to spread the floor.

Stop being a homer dude. Lebron is the better player. He shot 56% overall and 40% from 3. He averages more points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. All this while being the MUCH BETTER defender. Kobe was horrid on defense this past season.
PassiontoWin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject:

*** wrote:
PassiontoWin wrote:
Born89FanIn95 wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
Kobe Wiggins wrote:

THIS!!

Stop being a homer dude. Lebron is the better player. He shot 56% overall and 40% from 3. He averages more points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. All this while being the MUCH BETTER defender. Kobe was horrid on defense this past season.

That's not being a homer..it's called being able to analyze each players game besides just being a stat box expert like you and some other people are. LBJ shoots a higher percentage from being able to get easier shots..more layups dunks so of course his percentage will be higher. He's also an opportunistic open 3pt shooter. He generally only shoots them while open. Kobe takes harder contested shots in general. LBJ is NOT a better shooter than Kobe anyone who knows anything should understand that. People like you don't know how to look at things in context.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Born89FanIn95 wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
Kobe Wiggins wrote:

THIS!!

I can look at all the stats, and all things being equal (same rosters), I would pick Kobe to win a game/series, to hit a clutch shot or FT, to just win.

Until LeBron changes my mind on that, Kobe is still the best.

Btw, 27/6/6 by a 34 year old > 27/8/7 by a 27 year old.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject:

PassiontoWin wrote:
*** wrote:
PassiontoWin wrote:
Born89FanIn95 wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
Kobe Wiggins wrote:

THIS!!

That's not being a homer..it's called being able to analyze each players game besides just being a stat box expert like you and some other people are. LBJ shoots a higher percentage from being able to get easier shots..more layups dunks so of course his percentage will be higher. He's also an opportunistic open 3pt shooter. He generally only shoots them while open. Kobe takes harder contested shots in general. LBJ is NOT a better shooter than Kobe anyone who knows anything should understand that. People like you don't know how to look at things in context.

It's not like the defense gives him those easy shots. He simply out muscles everyone. And as far as shooters go, Kobe does have Steve Nash, Steve Blake, and Pau Gasol (the best shooting big man outside of Kevin Love), all great shooters. No one is arguing that Lebron is a better shooter than Kobe, everyone knows Kobe is. But from an all around basketball standpoint Lebron is absolutely superior.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject:

thejet24 wrote:
I can look at all the stats, and all things being equal (same rosters), I would pick Kobe to win a game/series, to hit a clutch shot or FT, to just win.

Btw, 27/6/6 by a 34 year old > 27/8/7 by a 27 year old.

I wholeheartedly agree with your first sentence.

As for your last sentence, you are making excuses as to why LeBron's numbers were better. You sir are thinking with your heart instead of your head.
LoLakers13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject:

I know these pools always end up being a popularity contest, but what is Parker doing on that list?
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject:

PassiontoWin wrote:
Alot of people are just saying KD and LBJ are better than Kobe just because everyone else is saying it. Kobe had one of his best seasons last year. I'm not seeing how KD and LBJ are better INDIVIDUAL players. They both had the better team and better health last season. They might take that crown from Kobe, but only because Kobe's passed his prime and everyone declines with old age.

Don't waste your time arguing with people born after 1990. It's just a waste of your time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: