Mitch said Nash is 100% and has been for a good month..Now onto Gasol
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Mitch said Nash is 100% and has been for a good month..Now onto Gasol

i heard it in that mitch interview. The way he spoke about gasol made me wonder. gasol saying he feels better. but are you on the court? who knows. but hey, better is better then feeling worse or the same as before.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject:

Nash, I'm not surprised about because he just needs rest. Now how is he going to fair 1 month, 2 month, 3 month, etc. into the season is another question. It's all up on MDA to not overplay him.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject:

Nash didn't just suddenly get old last year. He broke his leg and suffered nerve damage because of where the break was. Even when he came back he was dragging his plant leg around. Add that to Dwight slipping screens and leaving him on an island, and it's a wonder he put up the stats he did. I expect to see something similar to the previous season. Not MVP era, but very good.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Nash didn't just suddenly get old last year. He broke his leg and suffered nerve damage because of where the break was. Even when he came back he was dragging his plant leg around. Add that to Dwight slipping screens and leaving him on an island, and it's a wonder he put up the stats he did. I expect to see something similar to the previous season. Not MVP era, but very good.

That is true. But he is still one season older and MDA will still need to watch his minutes. A healthy Nash pre-season could become an injured Nash 2 months in if MDA uses him like he used Kobe last season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject:

Nash has quality backups, I don't see him being overplayed. I think that Farmar will thrive in this offense.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
THIS..a broken leg is not an old man injury. now the recovery time was old manish.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
24 wrote:

That is true. But he is still one season older and MDA will still need to watch his minutes. A healthy Nash pre-season could become an injured Nash 2 months in if MDA uses him like he used Kobe last season.
nash isnt kobe. so he wont force his way into games and tell the coach to not sit him down. nash already takes his back spasms break. so tapering down a notch wont bother him one bit.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject:

Pau has been doing on court work for a few weeks now he is back in LA and has an appointment with DR Yoon to see how his knees are
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Totally agree. I think Nash will have a good season. And there is no reason why Nash's minutes cannot be managed to say 25-27 mpg when you have Farmar/Blake.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject:

and then after the first game with MDA playing him 40 mins...he'll be down to 65%
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Pau Gasol ‏@paugasol 1h
Great news! My knees are a lot better thanks to the procedure, the rest & the hard work during the summer! Let's go!
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nash has quality backups, I don't see him being overplayed. I think that Farmar will thrive in this offense.

Don't forget Blake either. If Nash plays more than 28-30 minutes a game MDA is an idiot.
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Dear Basketball Gods,

I know you were upset with the Lakers last year because we got D12 and Nash at the same time and you felt like we needed some of our pride taken from us and to learn humility.

Please accept my sincerest apology and know that keeping my Lakers healthy all season long would be awesome. Give Kobe a chance to get #6 and if you have to punish any team this year, let it be the Other LA team.

Your most humble servant and dedicated disciple,

H
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject:

LAL4K3RS wrote:
Dear Basketball Gods,

I know you were upset with the Lakers last year because we got D12 and Nash at the same time and you felt like we needed some of our pride taken from us and to learn humility.

Please accept my sincerest apology and know that keeping my Lakers healthy all season long would be awesome. Give Kobe a chance to get #6 and if you have to punish any team this year, let it be the Other LA team.

H

Epic!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject:

I dont get why people poo-poo all over Nash.
He did as well as he did the last year he was with Phoenix.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/592/steve-nash

I expect him to actually do better this year!
Prove 'em wrong Steve-o!
a_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I dont get why people poo-poo all over Nash.
He did as well as he did the last year he was with Phoenix.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/592/steve-nash

I expect him to actually do better this year!
Prove 'em wrong Steve-o!

He didn't do as well as he did in his last season at Phoenix.. He was down like 4 assists. But I agree, I think he'll have a good season this year.

Also, don't forget how garbage Dwight was off the pick and roll, he barely knew how to set a proper pick...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Nash should just play 20 mins all season.
let the backups/youngings develope - so we're better the year after next..
Pau too, 20 mins.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject:

lounger wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:
Dear Basketball Gods,

H

Epic!

In the name of Dr. Buss, Phil Jackson, and the Golden Throat.

Amen.

Bye.
Corey78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Nash is 40 years old...He'll never be healthy :-/
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Nash is so slow, ( it's understandable he is 40 yrs. old ) compared to the pg in the NBA today. He still has skills but his defense is horrible....
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject:

I am counting on nothing from Nash other than court leadership. He is a spot up shooter at this point in his career. He doesn't penetrate or run like he used to and he is very slow for a guard. Dude has had a great career but there isn't so much in the basketball tank after 40.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject:

Great news today! My knees have improved thanks to the procedure that I had done, the rest and the hard work during the summer. On saturday our training camp begins!

from Pau's Fbook.

The thing is, any time spent doing anything would prolong the injury.

Now the important question is whether it was so bad to be a recurring issue or not.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject:

I think Nash and Pau will have MUCH better seasons this year. If they are healthy and rested come playoff time, they will show the young bucks what future hall of famers are truely made of.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject:

As far as Gasol goes......like Nash his defense is horrible, his lateral movement is gone. If MDA play's Gasol at the four he is an idiot. I am no Gasol fan but the Lakers have set Gasol up for failure. Gasol is not now and never was a PF. I still remember all the LGer's that said Gasol was back at his natural position (when Drew was healthy and starting) at PF only a couple of years ago.

Gasol is a center that does have very refined skills, his game is suited for traditional offense which is almost every style of offense except MDA's run and gun is not suited for Gasol substantial skill set. Laker management has still not built a team properly. Welcome to the Jim Buss ERA!
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject:

they tried and were veteo'd.. they've also hopefully done well to recover after the last few seasons.

they've also set themselves up to have both nash and gasol come off the bench even if they aren't healthy/good enough to start for our next championship team.

If you really wanted them to "build around gasol at C" then i'd have to disagree. That setup is over.

This is our rebuild mode. The true test is over the next couple seasons and how they utilize their financial flexibility todo whatever they want.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: