Laker Season Wins Pool (all bets go to LG as a fundraiser)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbright
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Over,

we will go 25-57 or worse, to have good chance landing a top 4 pick.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
joekamel8 wrote:
joekamel8 wrote:
Been a fan since Sedale Threatt days. but I am not optimistic about this season.

We are NOT better than SA, OKC, Mem, Den, LAC, GSW, HOU
We play these teams 27 times. maybe 7-20 there.

We are NOT better than MIA, IND, Brk, CHI, NYK
We play these teams 10 times. maybe 3-7 there.

In the other 45 games, lets say 25-20.

There's your 35-47 season

We are banking on healthy seasons out of our 3 oldest and most critical players?
We are banking on their abilities not declining?
We are banking on a defense that lost Howard and Artest?
Otherwise, we are banking on scoring 120 ppg?
We are banking on D'Antoni?

Last year we were 45-37. We had an incredible 2nd half run. And still ended only 4 games above .500, think about that.
Sorry but anyone that thinks we'll hit .500 is crazy.

It's going to be bad.

UNDER

And if you thought the start of last year was bad, look at this year:

Tue, Oct 29 vs Los Angeles
Wed, Oct 30 @ Golden State
Fri, Nov 1 vs San Antonio
Sun, Nov 3 vs Atlanta
Tue, Nov 5 @ Dallas
Thu, Nov 7 @ Houston
Fri, Nov 8 @ New Orleans

That's a very possible 0-7 there. with the road back to backs

Currently at 16-29, that's 0.355

.355 Over 82 games is 29 wins. Even worse than Vegas 33.5 line.

I take no pleasure in this terrible season, but I will partake in calling out people who called us, the pessimists, out.

Eat crow, my Lakers bretheren
Really? You're happy you were right about how bad the Lakers would be?

He is happy about his predictions and did very well on breaking it down on why the Lakers would be under. Don't instigate dude.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject:

frenchbullcho wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
joekamel8 wrote:
joekamel8 wrote:
Been a fan since Sedale Threatt days. but I am not optimistic about this season.

We are banking on healthy seasons out of our 3 oldest and most critical players?

Last year we were 45-37. We had an incredible 2nd half run. And still ended only 4 games above .500, think about that.

It's going to be bad.

UNDER

Sun, Nov 3 vs Atlanta
Tue, Nov 5 @ Dallas
Thu, Nov 7 @ Houston
Fri, Nov 8 @ New Orleans

I take no pleasure in this terrible season, but I will partake in calling out people who called us, the pessimists, out.

He is happy about his predictions and did very well on breaking it down on why the Lakers would be under. Don't instigate dude.
Nobody was trying to instigate so I don't see why you said that. The Lakers were definitely on pace to at least hit 38 wins before all of the injuries rolled in,I mean the OP predicted a possible 0-7 to start the season when we were hovering around .500. So unless someone predicted the ridiculous scope of injuries that we've suffered this year,this was definitely a much better team than what we currently have. That's the reason why people called out the pessimists, but luckily for the pessimists the team suffered through so many injuries that they were terrible anyway.

All I was pointing out was even if I correctly broke down the Lakers being last place in the West, I personally would not take pleasure in that but I guess that's just me. I certainly wouldn't tell the people that were more optimistic for a good season to eat crow, even anything an "I told you so" would suffice. I guess a terrible season got peeps crankier and more quickly agitated...haha

Edit: Just in case it was seen as another form of instigating, I was referring to myself under peeps.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
frenchbullcho wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
joekamel8 wrote:
joekamel8 wrote:

It's going to be bad.

UNDER

Sun, Nov 3 vs Atlanta
Tue, Nov 5 @ Dallas
Thu, Nov 7 @ Houston
Fri, Nov 8 @ New Orleans

Nobody was trying to instigate so I don't see why you said that. The Lakers were definitely on pace to at least hit 38 wins before all of the injuries rolled in,I mean the OP predicted a possible 0-7 to start the season when we were hovering around .500. So unless someone predicted the ridiculous scope of injuries that we've suffered this year,this was definitely a much better team than what we currently have. That's the reason why people called out the pessimists, but luckily for the pessimists the team suffered through so many injuries that they were terrible anyway.

All I was pointing out was even if I correctly broke down the Lakers being last place in the West, I personally would not take pleasure in that but I guess that's just me. I certainly wouldn't tell the people that were more optimistic for a good season to eat crow, even anything an "I told you so" would suffice. I guess a terrible season got peeps crankier and more quickly agitated...haha

Edit: Just in case it was seen as another form of instigating, I was referring to myself under peeps.

Of course the Lakers were on pace on making the 38 wins if they were all healthy. Coming into the season, Nash Kobe and Pau are the one that is supposedly the one to carry the Lakers to win. But coming in, Kobe was out, Nash is old and gets injured often and Pau is old and usually is hurt. So we did get an idea of what this season might come to. Xavier, Meeks, Farmar and Blake wouldn't even carry us to win 38 games or more. I knew they were going to be bad but like you said, we didn't predict the Lakers to suck that much.. Anyway, usually when someone is wrong about things.. We usually call them out on it. Nothing negative about it IMO
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

While I think the health of the team may have some effect on the season's win total (which is why the under was chosen), I am rooting for the Lakers to win as many as possible. In fact, rather than send the difference of Total Wins-38, I'll send LG the full amount for games won in the regular season. So if Lakers win 62 games, I'll send the full 62.

It's been a long, tough season and back when the "under" prediction above was made, I was concerned that D'Antoni's teams were often injured and for the past 5 seasons his teams never won more than 42 games. Thought it would be another typical D'Antoni injured team, but no one could've foreseen this degree of devastation.

Even though the under was chosen, very appreciative of the LG community here, I plan to send in an amount equal to the Laker wins total at the end of the season.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject:

The bright side is that this bet will raise some serious cash!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject:

$49 for each win we are under 38. If the team wins on it's current pace, that would be roughly 28-54, or $490, not counting K2's generous offer.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
$49 for each win we are under 38. If the team wins on it's current pace, that would be roughly 28-54, or $490, not counting K2's generous offer.

24, you should be leading the tank convoy. You pull in some income for LG and we potentially get a higher draft pick with each loss. You have twice the incentive for us to lose as many games as possible.

In sum, don't trust 24. He has a financial motivation for us to continue sucking this year.

"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
24 wrote:

24, you should be leading the tank convoy. You pull in some income for LG and we potentially get a higher draft pick with each loss. You have twice the incentive for us to lose as many games as possible.

In sum, don't trust 24. He has a financial motivation for us to continue sucking this year.

Its all coming together now.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject:

mbright wrote:
Over,

I just don't see the Lakes getting above 25 wins with this team. that's 7-22 in the last 29 games. I don't think we were 7-22 in the previous 29 games.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject:

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
mbright wrote:
Over,

I just don't see the Lakes getting above 25 wins with this team. that's 7-22 in the last 29 games. I don't think we were 7-22 in the previous 29 games.

I think they'll get to about 32. Since everyone except Kobe is back healthy now, .500 for the rest of the year seems pretty reasonable. That would put them at 8th or 9th in the "tank war"
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject:

Looks like LG will (should) (could) see a minimum of $49 in donations as of now.

This could easily get to $490.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject:

"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Just noticed we received the first funds. I'll tally up the total at the end of the season and we can put it straight into some site enhancements.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
24 wrote:

Just noticed we received the first funds. I'll tally up the total at the end of the season and we can put it straight into some site enhancements.

I'll honor my pledge (I went with over ) but how are people sending in money already when the season is not yet over, am I missing something? We know they cannot get to the 38 wins cutoff because there are not enough games left but we don't know how many more wins they may get this season, hopefully a couple more.

I like K2's offer, I'll send the amount that matches the total Laker wins for the season also. Anyway, let us know where you want the funds sent. At least something good will come out of this terrible season.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
24 wrote:

Trust 24? Who in their right mind would ever do that?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject:

IPhilKobe wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:
24 wrote:

Trust 24? Who in their right mind would ever do that?

IPhilKobe my man
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

How much do I owe and where do I send it?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:

We don't know yet. It will be a max of 13 bucks though.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

So ill just send 13 bucks now, do you prefer pigeon or pony express?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
24 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Talk to db about PayPal. What's the rush?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Please send a reminder when this is done. I have a habit of not logging in for days when school is skull f**king me. I'd hate to be the guy who doesn't honor his side.

Thanks.
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Hi LG!

haven't posted in quite some time since this has been the Lakers year from h ( a t ) ll!

Only here to find out how much I owe; I never forgot about this under/over bet. As soon as this skank season is official done, I will pay my bet off. Only good thing is this is going to a great site.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
24 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Talk to db about PayPal. What's the rush?

Sorry, guys for the delay.

Our PayPal account you can send donations to is:

fundraising [ at ] lakersground.net
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Added a few bucks for the ones we should have lost but somehow accidentally won.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10
Jump to: