THE Political Thread (All Political Discussion Here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 519, 520, 521 ... 886, 887, 888  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject:

BREXIT

Leave or stay?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36582567
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
BREXIT

Leave or stay?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36582567

I don't know what's best for the UK, but I do know that Europe as a whole is struggling with immigration and refugees, especially in the last year.

Personally, after the Greek debacle, I kind of feel like the EU experiment has failed.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Yeah, it wouldn't be surprising to see another assassination attempt if he becomes president, or even before, because I think his character and the media/public reaction to him, will resonate with unstable people.

He is Captain Chaos.. brings out the crazy in people.. his rudeness and imbecilic responses as a powerful billionaire make people embrace the same within themselves.. Just like the C (average student) President

These guys really bring out the troglodytes

Trump sunk his own battleship.
Him ostracizing Mexicans, Muslims and women may have worked in the GOP primaries but the general election you need people from all backgrounds. Its no wonder why people in the GOP don't want to fully embrace him since they will be in danger of losing their own seats come election time.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
New anti-Trump movement grows to include hundreds of GOP delegates

A campaign to stop Donald Trump from becoming the Republican presidential nominee has the support of nearly 400 delegates to the GOP’s convention next month, according to organizers, quickly transforming what began as an idea tossed around on social media into a force that could derail a national campaign.

While organizers concede their plan could worsen internal party strife, they believe they are responding to deep-rooted concerns among conservatives about Trump, who is suffering from declining poll numbers after weeks of missteps and embarrassing headlines.

“Short-term, yes, there’s going to be chaos,” said Kendal Unruh, a co-founder of the group, Free the Delegates. “Long-term this saves the party and we win the election. Everything has to go through birthing pains to birth something great. We’re going to go through the trauma of the birthing pains, but the reward will be worth it.”

The Washington Post
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Trump's kids set up Lewandowski:

On a tangent, Michelle Fields is attractive. Very pretty in certain angles. Very grabbable. Unfortunately a FauxNews pinhead. Not as bad as Maria Menounos being a Celtic fan. I can't see the sexy thru a green goblin shirt.

http://tinyurl.com/jqdd8d7
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

This is sickening. I wonder how Trump will respond to this.

Quote:
House candidate Rick Tyler wants to ‘Make America White Again’

U.S. House candidate Rick Tyler is facing backlash for a campaign billboard in Tennessee telling voters to “Make America White Again.”

The sign, located off Highway 411 near Benton, was meant to convey the message that America should go back to a “1960s, ‘Ozzie and Harriet,’ ‘Leave it to Beaver’ time when there were no break-ins; no violent crime; no mass immigration,” Mr. Tylertold WRCB, a local NBC News affiliate.

“I believe the majority of the people in the county like [the sign],” he said. “I saw people taking pictures beside it right after I posted it.”

Link
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:

U.S. House candidate Rick Tyler is facing backlash for a campaign billboard in Tennessee telling voters to “Make America White Again.”

The sign, located off Highway 411 near Benton, was meant to convey the message that America should go back to a “1960s, ‘Ozzie and Harriet,’ ‘Leave it to Beaver’ time when there were no break-ins; no violent crime; no mass immigration,” Mr. Tylertold WRCB, a local NBC News affiliate.

“I believe the majority of the people in the county like [the sign],” he said. “I saw people taking pictures beside it right after I posted it.”

Link

What does this have to do with Trump?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Link

I guess because it's a play on his campaign slogan - and something some people have been saying that Trump really means by it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Link

Because he has made racial comments during this campaign. David Duke endorsed him and he is a know member of the KKK. Trump didn't denounce him. Trump also has the support of white supremists.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Link

Because he has made racial comments during this campaign. David Duke endorsed him and he is a know member of the KKK. Trump didn't denounce him. Trump also has the support of white supremists.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/politics/donald-trump-disavows-david-duke-kkk/

I can't believe you're making me defend Donald freaking Trump. He has enough real things to criticize without including this nutjob, who has nothing to do with him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Okay but it took him awhile to do it.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Donald Trump celebrated last night’s resounding victory in the New York GOP primary the way he knows best: by retweeting the congratulatory message of a Hitler-admiring, Muslim-hating, Trump-supporting white supremacist.

http://fusion.net/story/293320/donald-trump-white-supremacist-retweet/
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Donald Trump celebrated last night’s resounding victory in the New York GOP primary the way he knows best: by retweeting the congratulatory message of a Hitler-admiring, Muslim-hating, Trump-supporting white supremacist.

http://fusion.net/story/293320/donald-trump-white-supremacist-retweet/

I don't think whoever manages Donald Trump's social media account does a thorough background check on everyone they retweet. You're kind of reaching here.

How about pointing out something that matters, like the fact that Trump is promising all of these jobs and great trade deals without any solid plan behind them?

In my opinion, the "Trump is a racist" is about as played out as Hillary's e-mails.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
DONALD TRUMP’S SOCIAL MEDIA TIES TO WHITE SUPREMACISTS

In late January, Donald Trump did something that would have sunk almost any other presidential campaign: He retweeted an anonymous Nazi sympathizer and white supremacist who goes by the not-so-subtle handle @WhiteGenocideTM. Trump neither explained nor apologized for the retweet and then, three weeks later, he did it again. This subsequent retweet was quickly deleted, but just two days later Trump retweeted a different user named @EustaceFash, whose Twitter header image at the time also included the term “white genocide.”

None of this went unnoticed among ardent racists, many of whom believe there is a coordinated effort to eventually eliminate the “white race.”

Trump is “giving us the old wink-wink,” wrote Andrew Anglin, editor of a white supremacist website called The Daily Stormer, after Trump retweeted two other “white genocide” theorists within a single minute. “Whereas the odd White genocide tweet could be a random occurrence, it isn’t statistically possible that two of them back to back could be a random occurrence. It could only be deliberate…Today in America the air is cold and it tastes like victory.”

It is possible that Trump ― who, according to the campaign, does almost all of his own tweeting ― is unfamiliar with the term “white genocide” and doesn’t do even basic vetting of those whose tweets he amplifies to his seven million followers. But the reality is that there are dozens of tweets mentioning @realDonaldTrump each minute, and he has an uncanny ability to surface ones that come from accounts that proudly proclaim their white supremacist leanings.

http://fortune.com/donald-trump-white-supremacist-genocide/
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject:

New Bloomberg poll today says 55% of Sanders supporters would vote for Clinton and 22% of Sanders supporters would vote for Trump. In the general election poll Clinton leads Trump by 6%.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

In 2008 more than half of the Hillary supporters said they wouldn't vote for Obama but in the end like 80% or so did.

The difference is Sanders is really an independent, whereas Obama and Hillary were both actual Democrats. Still, I expect similar numbers in the general.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Hillary so much to answer for.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Americans have even more to answer for due to the popularity of Donald Trump as the Leader of the Strongest Nation Ever..
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Americans have even more to answer for due to the popularity of Donald Trump as the Leader of the Strongest Nation Ever..

Donald Trump is just a symptom. His popularity is for the same reason as Bernie Sanders: people tired of being (bleep) on by the rich elites, seeing constant eroding away of well-paying jobs and income, and being told that trade deals that take even more jobs away are great for them, and that the economic recovery has been fantastic. They're told they need to evolve and move into tech, and then you see the elites pushing for even more H1B's which remove even those jobs. People are rightly pissed off and this is how they're expressing it.

Last edited by DuncanIdaho on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject:

CNN poll shows that about 35% of Democrats would be in favor of Elizabeth Warren as the VP choice, but that about 55% would be opposed. (I don't know what happened to the other 10%!)
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
CNN poll shows that about 35% of Democrats would be in favor of Elizabeth Warren as the VP choice, but that about 55% would be opposed. (I don't know what happened to the other 10%!)

Other 10% still trying to figure out how she is a Native American ?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
DONALD TRUMP’S SOCIAL MEDIA TIES TO WHITE SUPREMACISTS

In late January, Donald Trump did something that would have sunk almost any other presidential campaign: He retweeted an anonymous Nazi sympathizer and white supremacist who goes by the not-so-subtle handle @WhiteGenocideTM. Trump neither explained nor apologized for the retweet and then, three weeks later, he did it again. This subsequent retweet was quickly deleted, but just two days later Trump retweeted a different user named @EustaceFash, whose Twitter header image at the time also included the term “white genocide.”

None of this went unnoticed among ardent racists, many of whom believe there is a coordinated effort to eventually eliminate the “white race.”

Trump is “giving us the old wink-wink,” wrote Andrew Anglin, editor of a white supremacist website called The Daily Stormer, after Trump retweeted two other “white genocide” theorists within a single minute. “Whereas the odd White genocide tweet could be a random occurrence, it isn’t statistically possible that two of them back to back could be a random occurrence. It could only be deliberate…Today in America the air is cold and it tastes like victory.”

It is possible that Trump ― who, according to the campaign, does almost all of his own tweeting ― is unfamiliar with the term “white genocide” and doesn’t do even basic vetting of those whose tweets he amplifies to his seven million followers. But the reality is that there are dozens of tweets mentioning @realDonaldTrump each minute, and he has an uncanny ability to surface ones that come from accounts that proudly proclaim their white supremacist leanings.

http://fortune.com/donald-trump-white-supremacist-genocide/

He's so brave.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

He's not really in a position to discourage any demographic from voting for him lol
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Donald Trump is just a symptom. His popularity is for the same reason as Bernie Sanders: people tired of being (bleep) on by the rich elites, seeing constant eroding away of well-paying jobs and income, and being told that trade deals that take even more jobs away are great for them, and that the economic recovery has been fantastic. They're told they need to evolve and move into tech, and then you see the elites pushing for even more H1B's which remove even those jobs. People are rightly pissed off and this is how they're expressing it.

Trump has been a billionaire since most of us were alive..

American voters as a whole are just not very smart.. *personally my biggest conspiracy belief is how (bleep) up our schools are... rich elites keep it that way.. more money goes to prisons..cops jails etc than any school system
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I believe there is immense power in a name, a brand. The name "Trump" is his brand and it's as well known as Nike or Apple and gives him his power and prestige.

From this day forward I refuse to refer to him using his Trump brand. To me, he is just Donald.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 519, 520, 521 ... 886, 887, 888  Next
Page 520 of 888
Jump to: