THE Political Thread (All Political Discussion Here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 622, 623, 624 ... 886, 887, 888  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
My point was, and I think this gets lost in translation a lot, is that the Clinton Foundation does good things. It's not some murky dark money laundering racket as the common narrative suggests.

Hmmmmm. This one is definitely not so clear cut. When you take a look at the "Help" that the Foundation was to provide to Haiti after the Earthquake, not a lot of actual help was successful, but a LOT of Foundation donors got expedited contracts that made them a boatload of money even though they failed in actually delivering that help. This is what has caused such the uproar. It's why Haitians so consistently picket the foundations headquarters and they've provided heaps of information regarding the lack of help Haitians have actually received from the Foundation and disproved many of the claims that Bill Clinton continues to trumpet regarding that supposed support.

Here is a good read on what actually transpired in Haiti And don't get me started on the foundations efforts which resulted in giving the Russian government control of 20% of all US uranium reserves. The foundation completely ignored the agreement it made with the Obama administration and it's straightup shady how they're getting around the US govt export ban on Uranium products. They're excuse is literally "Because the shipping company possess an export license for other materials, THAT company can legally export uranium products as well".

The Clinton Foundation & Haiti

There are dozens of other researched stories along the same lines as the above. So they are much more than a NonProfit Charitable organization doing good. They're much better at making donors rich than they are at actually delivering help to those in need.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject:

I stopped at Dinesh D’Souza -- right wing political hack who has made a living off attacking Democrats -- when he wasn't pleading guilty to campaign finance fraud.

Google "Dinesh D'Souza hack" to see how many times he's been revealed to be a fraud.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
My point was, and I think this gets lost in translation a lot, is that the Clinton Foundation does good things. It's not some murky dark money laundering racket as the common narrative suggests.

Hmmmmm. This one is definitely not so clear cut. When you take a look at the "Help" that the Foundation was to provide to Haiti after the Earthquake, not a lot of actual help was successful, but a LOT of Foundation donors got expedited contracts that made them a boatload of money even though they failed in actually delivering that help. This is what has caused such the uproar. It's why Haitians so consistently picket the foundations headquarters and they've provided heaps of information regarding the lack of help Haitians have actually received from the Foundation and disproved many of the claims that Bill Clinton continues to trumpet regarding that supposed support.

Here is a good read on what actually transpired in Haiti And don't get me started on the foundations efforts which resulted in giving the Russian government control of 20% of all US uranium reserves. The foundation completely ignored the agreement it made with the Obama administration and it's straightup shady how they're getting around the US govt export ban on Uranium products. They're excuse is literally "Because the shipping company possess an export license for other materials, THAT company can legally export uranium products as well".

There are dozens of other researched stories along the same lines as the above. So they are much more than a NonProfit Charitable organization doing good. They're much better at making donors rich than they are at actually delivering help to those in need.

This is exactly the example that works. First the source is National Review so there's that. But but basically, the Clinton foundation provided phones and emergency shelters and the people who got the phones and shelters are pissed because the people who donated the money to build the shelters are the ones who got to build them...And the people who got free phones are mad because they had to pay for the service....

I hate to sound crass but isn't that like a panhandler who gets mad when you give him a sandwich rather than the cash?
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I stopped at Dinesh D’Souza -- right wing political hack who has made a living off attacking Democrats -- when he wasn't pleading guilty to campaign finance fraud.

Google "Dinesh D'Souza hack" to see how many times he's been revealed to be a fraud.

I gave it a fair read unfortunately it was unfairly written.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

I have to say, it's a bit comical when people link to things like the National Review to discuss a subject like Hilary Clinton.

It's kinda like linking to a Bill Simmons article on the Lakers.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

This is exactly the example that works. First the source is National Review so there's that. But but basically, the Clinton foundation provided phones and emergency shelters and the people who got the phones and shelters are pissed because the people who donated the money to build the shelters are the ones who got to build them...And the people who got free phones are mad because they had to pay for the service....

I hate to sound crass but isn't that like a panhandler who gets mad when you give him a sandwich rather than the cash?

To be fair, The Haitians are pissed because Bill Clinton explicitly touted that it would provide much needed jobs to Haitians to do the building and that did not happen. This is where their truthfulness get's bought into question. There is no reason to broker a business deal and then try to sell it as a humanitarian gesture. Just call it what it is. A quid pro quo. If you donate X amount of money, then your business will be enhanced. Why get the hopes of needy Hatians up when you've no intent on delivering the jobs you've explicitly indicated you would. And how does the building of inadequate shelters actually meet the stated desire of actually helping Haitians?

There are tons of sources for these stories, not just the Right Wing Hacks that will be in charge of the next 4 years of Invent-A-Scandal. Of course sorts like D'Souza have an agenda, but that doesn't discount the fact that there is some meat on those bones and it's why it's a guarantee of what we're in for - round two of Invent-A-Scandal Dejour:

Washington Post

New York Times

Wall Street Journal
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

To be fair, The Haitians are pissed because Bill Clinton explicitly touted that it would provide much needed jobs to Haitians to do the building and that did not happen. This is where their truthfulness get's bought into question. There is no reason to broker a business deal and then try to sell it as a humanitarian gesture. Just call it what it is. A quid pro quo. If you donate X amount of money, then your business will be enhanced. Why get the hopes of needy Hatians up when you've no intent on delivering the jobs you've explicitly indicated you would. And how does the building of inadequate shelters actually meet the stated desire of actually helping Haitians?

There are tons of sources for these stories, not just the Right Wing Hacks that will be in charge of the next 4 years of Invent-A-Scandal. Of course sorts like D'Souza have an agenda, but that doesn't discount the fact that there is some meat on those bones and it's why it's a guarantee of what we're in for - round two of Invent-A-Scandal Dejour:

Washington Post

New York Times

Wall Street Journal

My favorite part of the NYT article is the final paragraph.

[quote]The Clintons had large roles in the earthquake recovery effort, Mrs. Clinton as secretary of state and Mr. Clinton as co-chairman of the Interim Haiti Recovery Commission. Along with his predecessor in the White House, the elder George Bush, Mr. Clinton raised tens of millions of dollars through the Clinton Foundation to promote development, schools and farming in Haiti, while also helping draw hundreds of millions in private investments.[quote]

I reiterate. You can't make someone trying to do good into a scandal even if there are mistakes made along the way.

Yet the negative always takes the narrative. Even if they totally screwed up some stuff, add in the good they did and people they helped and it's a net neutral.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Washington Post

New York Times

Wall Street Journal

My favorite part of the NYT article is the final paragraph.

Quote:
The Clintons had large roles in the earthquake recovery effort, Mrs. Clinton as secretary of state and Mr. Clinton as co-chairman of the Interim Haiti Recovery Commission. Along with his predecessor in the White House, the elder George Bush, Mr. Clinton raised tens of millions of dollars through the Clinton Foundation to promote development, schools and farming in Haiti, while also helping draw hundreds of millions in private investments.

And again, noone is saying that there isn't good done by the foundation. MOST people take issue with the seemingly undeniable Quid-Pro-Quo of both the business and political dealings. It's the reason they made the announcement they did last week to cease receiving donations from foreign govts to avoid the bad optics that already exist and that will obviously be exploited.

Clinton Foundation Assist in Providing Russia control of 1/5th of US Uranium Reserves. - NY Times
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject:

Washington Post - Trump’s real endgame: A white nationalist media empire?

Quote:
THE MORNING PLUM:

Has Donald Trump given up on winning the White House and “pivoted” (this might be his real pivot) to a full-blown effort to build a national following that will outlast the election, perhaps allowing him to establish a media empire with him at the helm — one that caters, at least to some degree, to a white nationalist or “alt-right” audience? Was that his plan all along?

The last few days have brought fresh reporting and evidence that suggest this is where Trump is really headed, a scenario that a number of observers (your humble blogger included) have been speculating about for months. I thought it would be useful to round up this evidence:

Rest at link.

And by the way, this is about 1,000,000 times more heinous than anything related to either the Clinton Foundation or Hillary's email server -- EVEN if you believe every Clinton allegation is true (which I obviously don't).
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
THE MORNING PLUM:

Has Donald Trump given up on winning the White House and “pivoted” (this might be his real pivot) to a full-blown effort to build a national following that will outlast the election, perhaps allowing him to establish a media empire with him at the helm — one that caters, at least to some degree, to a white nationalist or “alt-right” audience? Was that his plan all along?

The last few days have brought fresh reporting and evidence that suggest this is where Trump is really headed, a scenario that a number of observers (your humble blogger included) have been speculating about for months. I thought it would be useful to round up this evidence:

Rest at link.

And by the way, this is about 1,000,000 times more heinous than anything related to either the Clinton Foundation or Hillary's email server -- EVEN if you believe every Clinton allegation is true (which I obviously don't).

I wouldn't put it past Trump to capitalize this, Breitbart has been using the tactics of "race wars" and nationalism for a long time. Yesterday here in Houston, there was a WhiteLivesMatter rally outside of a NAACP building near my grandmothers neighborhood.

Another troubling part is the younger audiences that buy into this crap and a lot of it had to due with Gamergate. Which helped further establish trolls, conspiracy theorist, MRAs and flat out bigots like Stefan Molyneux, Paul Joseph Watson and Milo Yiannopoulos who works for Breitbart.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
THE MORNING PLUM:

Rest at link.

As much as I detest Trump, this is just crazy speculation. Trump strives to affix his name to luxury. His brands aim high, targeting the clueless middle class wannabes who want to look upper-middle class or rich. It's an aspirational brand, for folks who want to look like they have arrived. That segment does have some money, and he'll likely lose that segment if he rebrands himself as champion of the white nationalist segment. Those folks have little disposable income, and aren't likely to spend money on Trump neckties, Trump cufflinks, Trump watches, Trump vodka and all the other third-rate crap that Trump vends. The closest Trump ever got to screwing the Great Unwashed was Trump University, and that was neither sustainable nor all that lucrative.

How do you make money from media? Advertising. What major brands would want to be associated with white supremacists?

A media empire for Trump might involve some low-stakes online venture that would likely split Breitbart's audience, and I doubt Breitbart is much of a revenue engine. If he goes for cable, his options are limited as he'll end up being the ugly little brother to Fox, which is also a losing proposition. Forget launching a magazine, he tried that, and failed. If you're successful, you barely cover your print costs with the net news stand price; your profit is from advertising. Again, in any of these media ventures, your revenue emanates from advertising; what national brand is going to want to be associated with the white nationalists?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

Maybe Trump is just angling to merge with Wal Mart. Trump Wal has a nice ring to it, and he's going to get the right wing crazies to pay for it.

Last edited by Omar Little on Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Maybe Trump is just angling to merge with Wal Martinez. Trump Wal has a nice ring to it, and he's going to get the right wing crazies to pay for it.

Make Trump Wal Martinez a cobrand, and what do you have? TrumpWal Mart.

Add Trump Trailer Parks, Trump Tower Trailer Parks, Marga-Lots, ...

I stand corrected, the possibilities are endless!

Last edited by angrypuppy on Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject:

There is a rumor the next dump of leaked documents from the DCCC are regarding Hispanic issues.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Some day, when things calm down, I'll tell the real story of @JoeNBC and his very insecure long-time girlfriend, @morningmika. Two clowns!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 22, 2016

Quote:
Tried watching low-rated @Morning_Joe this morning, unwatchable! @morningmika is off the wall, a neurotic and not very bright mess!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 22, 2016

Keep in mind, it was Morning Joe that basically gave him hours of airtime for months. He would call in and that panel would sit back and his nonsense would never be challenged.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

I think the Trump campaign knows what's in these hacked documents from the DCCC. They have a strategic advantage.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject:

I remember when campaigns were won or lost on issues and who was best suited to solve the country's problems.

Does anyone remember when campaigns slid into the toilets?

For me this election has only one candidate capable of solving the country's problems and is best suited to lead. That candidate is Hillary.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Reilec142002
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I think the Trump campaign knows what's in these hacked documents from the DCCC. They have a strategic advantage.

I doubt anything in those emails would overcome talk of building a wall or 'humanely" deporting ppl.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject:

Every right wing GOP politician who has run for president has ended up monetizing their run into a new and lucrative career. The right wing conspiracy people pay to go to their speeches, buy their books, donate to their "foundations," buy their T-shirts and mugs, subscribe to their newsletters, watch their paid gigs on Fox News, and on and on. It's an industry. Anyone who believes Trump won't try to capitalize and monetize if he loses hasn't been paying attention. Will many of those ventures ultimately fail just like every other venture he ever started? Probably. But that never stopped him from ripping people off and escaping to the next bogus venture. The "white nationalists" stuff is just the next vehicle.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

As much as I detest Trump, this is just crazy speculation. Trump strives to affix his name to luxury. His brands aim high, targeting the clueless middle class wannabes who want to look upper-middle class or rich. It's an aspirational brand, for folks who want to look like they have arrived. That segment does have some money, and he'll likely lose that segment if he rebrands himself as champion of the white nationalist segment. Those folks have little disposable income, and aren't likely to spend money on Trump neckties, Trump cufflinks, Trump watches, Trump vodka and all the other third-rate crap that Trump vends. The closest Trump ever got to screwing the Great Unwashed was Trump University, and that was neither sustainable nor all that lucrative.

The only place I've ever seen these items sold are at TJ Maxx, Ross and Burlington Coat Factory; exactly the places they would shop.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject:

I am so sick of all the smearing and mofoing emails. When will issues be discussed. I believe this contest, a bit more than others, will be decided by the debates.

Trump's doing OK reading from teleprompters. How will he do off the cuff on issues and foreign policy?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I remember when campaigns were won or lost on issues and who was best suited to solve the country's problems.

For me this election has only one candidate capable of solving the country's problems and is best suited to lead. That candidate is Hillary.

That's a nice dream. Perpetuate, not solve this country's problems is what Clinton will do. Trump on the other hand will exacerbate them.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That's a nice dream. Perpetuate, not solve this country's problems is what Clinton will do. Trump on the other hand will exacerbate them.

No president will solve all the problems. I don't necessarily agree with perpetuate. IMO Hillary will keep the status quo but not put any boots on the ground as I believe The Donald would.

Hillary reminds me somewhat of the Patriots. She's doing the same things other politicians do. Her problem is she got caught.

What a sad state of inequality when you have to pander to a ethnic to win a election.

OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
THE MORNING PLUM:

Rest at link.

I spent time reading this. Wish I could get my time back. I detest Trump, but this is simply silly.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

If he did, he would have blabbed by now. He is incapable of having a thought without speaking it. One of his most disgusting qualities imo.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 622, 623, 624 ... 886, 887, 888  Next
Page 623 of 888
Jump to: