THE Political Thread (All Political Discussion Here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 623, 624, 625 ... 886, 887, 888  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

As much as I detest Trump, this is just crazy speculation. Trump strives to affix his name to luxury. His brands aim high, targeting the clueless middle class wannabes who want to look upper-middle class or rich. It's an aspirational brand, for folks who want to look like they have arrived. That segment does have some money, and he'll likely lose that segment if he rebrands himself as champion of the white nationalist segment. Those folks have little disposable income, and aren't likely to spend money on Trump neckties, Trump cufflinks, Trump watches, Trump vodka and all the other third-rate crap that Trump vends. The closest Trump ever got to screwing the Great Unwashed was Trump University, and that was neither sustainable nor all that lucrative.

The only place I've ever seen these items sold are at TJ Maxx, Ross and Burlington Coat Factory; exactly the places they would shop.

Not necessarily, they're in other dept stores like Macy's, JC Penney and Sears too. Still refuse to buy them

Last edited by governator on Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
In one of the most important elections of our lifetime, in one of the most important counties in the state, the Donald Trump campaign is relying on 12-year-old Weston Imer" as its field coordinator.

Imer is apparently calling many of the shots in Colorado's Jefferson County Trump campaign — one ostensibly responsible for running events and get-out-the-vote operations in for a region that includes part of metro Denver and over half a million inhabitants.

12 Year Old Running A Trump Field Office

Sounds about par for the course.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
In one of the most important elections of our lifetime, in one of the most important counties in the state, the Donald Trump campaign is relying on 12-year-old Weston Imer" as its field coordinator.

Imer is apparently calling many of the shots in Colorado's Jefferson County Trump campaign — one ostensibly responsible for running events and get-out-the-vote operations in for a region that includes part of metro Denver and over half a million inhabitants.

12 Year Old Running A Trump Field Office

Sounds about par for the course.

I think he has a few years edge on the mental age of the majority of his voting base.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Hillary Clinton’s 15,000 New Emails to Get Timetable for Release

WASHINGTON — The dispute over Hillary Clinton’s email practices now threatens to shadow her for the rest of the presidential campaign after the disclosure on Monday that the F.B.I. collected nearly 15,000 new emails in its investigation of her and a federal judge’s order that the State Department accelerate the documents’ release.

As a result, thousands of emails that Mrs. Clinton did not voluntarily turn over to the State Department last year could be released just weeks before the election in November. The order, by Judge James E. Boasberg of Federal District Court, came the same day a conservative watchdog group separately released hundreds of emails from one of Mrs. Clinton’s closest aides, Huma Abedin, which put a new focus on the sometimes awkward ties between the Clinton Foundation and the State Department.

The F.B.I. discovered the roughly 14,900 emails by scouring Mrs. Clinton’s server and the computer archives of government officials with whom she corresponded. In late July, it turned them over to the State Department, which now must set a timetable for their release, according to Judge Boasberg’s order.

While the emails were not in the original trove of 55,000 pages that Mrs. Clinton’s lawyers handed to the State Department last year, the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, said in July that he did not believe they had been “intentionally deleted.” Still, he characterized Mrs. Clinton’s handling of classified information during her years at the State Department as “extremely careless.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/23/us/politics/hillary-clintons-new-emails-release-state-department.html

Quote:
Emails reveal how foundation donors got access to Clinton and her close aides at State Dept.

A sports executive who was a major donor to the Clinton Foundation and whose firm paid Bill Clinton millions of dollars in consulting fees wanted help getting a visa for a British soccer player with a criminal past.

The crown prince of Bahrain, whose government gave more than $50,000 to the Clintons’ charity and who participated in its glitzy annual conference, wanted a last-minute meeting with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

U2 rocker and philanthropist Bono, also a regular at foundation events, wanted high-level help broadcasting a live link to the International Space Station during concerts.

In each case, according to emails released Monday from Hillary Clinton’s time as secretary of state, the requests were directed to Clinton’s deputy chief of staff and confidante, Huma Abedin, who engaged with other top aides and sometimes Clinton herself about how to respond.

The emails show that, in these and similar cases, the donors did not always get what they wanted, particularly when they sought anything more than a meeting.

But the exchanges, among 725 pages of correspondence from Abedin disclosed as part of a lawsuit by the conservative group Judicial Watch, illustrate the way the Clintons’ international network of friends and donors was able to get access to Hillary Clinton and her inner circle during her tenure running the State Department.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/emails-reveal-how-foundation-donors-got-access-to-clinton-and-her-close-aides-at-state-dept/2016/08/22/345b5200-6882-11e6-8225-fbb8a6fc65bc_story.html
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
James B. Comey, said in July that he did not believe they had been “intentionally deleted.

Quote:
The emails show that, in these and similar cases, the donors did not always get what they wanted, particularly when they sought anything more than a meeting.

The corporate media (owned by the 1%) wants a horse race so they can make more money. Expect them to focus on this kind of side issue instead of income inequality, voting rights, the environment, healthcare, jobs etc. If you were for Bernie or his issues and you help the 1% propagate their distractions, you're helping the 1%, not the 99%.

Since no one else posted it, yesterday Bill Clinton said he would step down from head of his foundation if Hillary is elected and they'll basically put the foundation in some kind of trust. They released all their taxes, all the Clinton Foundation financials and HRC turned over her server.

There's no smoking gun in the emails. It's the usual political stuff you'd find in ANY politician's emails if they were forced to turn them over then have the FBI, NY Times and every political enemy in the world pouring over them with a fine tooth comb. Just saying EMAILS over and over again doesn't make it a scandal.

She said she made a mistake with the server (even though Colin Powell used private email and advised her to do the same on non-classified communications) and apologized. The Clinton Foundation won't take foreign donations going forward, Bill Clinton will step down. I don't know what else people expect them to do.

There's a reason Bernie said he didn't give a damn about Hillary's emails. Because he knew it was a distraction from the real issues.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

As much as I detest Trump, this is just crazy speculation. Trump strives to affix his name to luxury. His brands aim high, targeting the clueless middle class wannabes who want to look upper-middle class or rich. It's an aspirational brand, for folks who want to look like they have arrived. That segment does have some money, and he'll likely lose that segment if he rebrands himself as champion of the white nationalist segment. Those folks have little disposable income, and aren't likely to spend money on Trump neckties, Trump cufflinks, Trump watches, Trump vodka and all the other third-rate crap that Trump vends. The closest Trump ever got to screwing the Great Unwashed was Trump University, and that was neither sustainable nor all that lucrative.

The only place I've ever seen these items sold are at TJ Maxx, Ross and Burlington Coat Factory; exactly the places they would shop.

Not necessarily, they're in other dept stores like Macy's, JC Penney and Sears too. Still refuse to buy them

And those 3 stores are on their last legs. Like many of Trump's own businesses, they'll be filing for Chapter 11 soon.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject:

Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-staffers-express-racially-185930420.html

Donald Trump Staffers Express Racially Charged and Anti-Muslim Views on Social Media
-----------------

Like supporters like staff. For the minorities who support Trump, well his white supporters don't feel the same way.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject:

Hillary's new TV Ad let's Donald Do the Talking:

Crazy Talk
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

Thanks for editing my post and adding bolds without noting it. Appreciate that.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:

WASHINGTON — The dispute over Hillary Clinton’s email practices now threatens to shadow her for the rest of the presidential campaign after the disclosure on Monday that the F.B.I. collected nearly 15,000 new emails in its investigation of her and a federal judge’s order that the State Department accelerate the documents’ release.

As a result, thousands of emails that Mrs. Clinton did not voluntarily turn over to the State Department last year could be released just weeks before the election in November. The order, by Judge James E. Boasberg of Federal District Court, came the same day a conservative watchdog group separately released hundreds of emails from one of Mrs. Clinton’s closest aides, Huma Abedin, which put a new focus on the sometimes awkward ties between the Clinton Foundation and the State Department.

The F.B.I. discovered the roughly 14,900 emails by scouring Mrs. Clinton’s server and the computer archives of government officials with whom she corresponded. In late July, it turned them over to the State Department, which now must set a timetable for their release, according to Judge Boasberg’s order.

While the emails were not in the original trove of 55,000 pages that Mrs. Clinton’s lawyers handed to the State Department last year, the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, said in July that he did not believe they had been “intentionally deleted.” Still, he characterized Mrs. Clinton’s handling of classified information during her years at the State Department as “extremely careless.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/23/us/politics/hillary-clintons-new-emails-release-state-department.html

Quote:
Emails reveal how foundation donors got access to Clinton and her close aides at State Dept.

A sports executive who was a major donor to the Clinton Foundation and whose firm paid Bill Clinton millions of dollars in consulting fees wanted help getting a visa for a British soccer player with a criminal past.

The crown prince of Bahrain, whose government gave more than $50,000 to the Clintons’ charity and who participated in its glitzy annual conference, wanted a last-minute meeting with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

U2 rocker and philanthropist Bono, also a regular at foundation events, wanted high-level help broadcasting a live link to the International Space Station during concerts.

In each case, according to emails released Monday from Hillary Clinton’s time as secretary of state, the requests were directed to Clinton’s deputy chief of staff and confidante, Huma Abedin, who engaged with other top aides and sometimes Clinton herself about how to respond.

But the exchanges, among 725 pages of correspondence from Abedin disclosed as part of a lawsuit by the conservative group Judicial Watch, illustrate the way the Clintons’ international network of friends and donors was able to get access to Hillary Clinton and her inner circle during her tenure running the State Department.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/emails-reveal-how-foundation-donors-got-access-to-clinton-and-her-close-aides-at-state-dept/2016/08/22/345b5200-6882-11e6-8225-fbb8a6fc65bc_story.html

Clinton Foundation=Access for the rich donors to get a word with a powerful politician.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject:

I've been around long enough to know that ALL POLITICIANS are crooked to a degree.

Show me evidence Hillary's qualified to lead the country. Show me evidence Trump's qualified to lead the country.

IMO Trump is a snake oil salesman. Hillary is a politician who did something most do, only she got caught (Bill Belichick). Hope she can win like him.

Trump's business endeavors don't cause me to believe he's qualified to lead the country. I'd bomb the hell out of them. Tell the to go F..themselves move me pass The Donald.

Hillary's foundation is doing a great job world wide.

I'm looking pass the attacks. I'm looking to see who's best qualified.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

Huh? She pulled out two relevant quotes to her argument and addressed them, and to be fair, didn't even list them as posted by you.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject:

When The Donald point to the crowd and said "There's my African American over there" it came out to my crew as "There's my N over there"

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Huh? She pulled out two relevant quotes to her argument and addressed them, and to be fair, didn't even list them as posted by you.

My post was edited and portions were bolded (I didn't do that). It's back to how I posted it now. She pulled the bold quotes into her post now.

I don't care it just seemed weird since I didn't post it that way.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Maybe she accidentally clicked edit instead of quote.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/23/politics/trump-tower-rent/index.html

Campaign defends paying steep rent increase at Trump Tower

---------------

I would think its a conflict of interest to use your own things for public funded campaign. Money in your own pocket.

Awesome thing is he didn't really add new staff. Just add more space. Sounds legit to me.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/23/politics/trump-tower-rent/index.html

Campaign defends paying steep rent increase at Trump Tower

---------------

I would think its a conflict of interest to use your own things for public funded campaign. Money in your own pocket.

Awesome thing is he didn't really add new staff. Just add more space. Sounds legit to me.

You can only edit your own posts. There's no edit option on someone else's post.

(or Can you???, why else would I call myself a porn addled geezer?)

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda is a moderator, jodeke. She can edit your posts. Without the ability to edit and delete posts, moderators would be useless.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda is a moderator, jodeke. She can edit your posts. Without the ability to edit and delete posts, moderators would be useless.

OK, I didn't know he was talking about CL. I don't think CL would do that. She may have done as you say. My bad.....

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

OK, I didn't know he was talking about CL. I don't think CL would do that. She may have done as you say. My bad.....

Just giving you a hard time.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

This is what he was referencing. He didn't originally bold the red. No biggie. She fixed her error:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

My post was edited and portions were bolded (I didn't do that). It's back to how I posted it now. She pulled the bold quotes into her post now.

Ah, I missed the interim step, which was why I didn't understand your issue. My guess is she accidentally hit edit instead of quote. Hope it is all fixed.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Just giving you a hard time.

Be careful. It's been a decade since he had a hard time...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Ah, I missed the interim step, which was why I didn't understand your issue. My guess is she accidentally hit edit instead of quote. Hope it is all fixed.

Yup. Sorry about that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 623, 624, 625 ... 886, 887, 888  Next
Page 624 of 888
Jump to: