THE Political Thread (All Political Discussion Here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 674, 675, 676 ... 886, 887, 888  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject:

How come the USA don't have a good 3rd party to vote for? I hate both people.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

Because Americans love football and only two teams can play at the same time. 3 teams playing at the same time would be too confusing.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I can't get over Trump supporters using internet polls as proof that Trump won the debate.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Trump team had a good strategy, paint Hillary as broad brush as possible of a politician and linked her to all negative stereotype of all politicians (both dems and repubs), I though he was doing well in the beginning but then he turned up his crazy talks

"I got him to produce his birth certificate! She couldn't, I did!"... I mean that's just straight racist

Touting the Birther issue as some personal victory is disgusting... but I guess for the man whose sole political claim to fame revolves upon it has nothing else to claim as an achievement.

Also pretending to endear oneself to a region of the country by claiming, "I have property there" probably isn't a good idea...
Reilec142002
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject:

There's no argument trump got destroyed in that debate. But the question is whether or not that matters. I personally don't know but I think the chances are pretty high that trump really damaged himself on Monday night.

The 47% comment that Romney made 4 years ago was so damaging to him because it fed into ppls preconceived notions of Romney: elitist, out of touch, etc.

The preconceived notions of trump are that he has poor temperament, he has thin skin, he's racist, and he's sexist. On Monday night he fed into ALL of those preconceived notions. He almost assuredly stopped the momentum he had been gaining the last few weeks and erased any gains he made with female and minority voters.

And on top of that he made his tax returns a highlight of a major section of the debate. Which is something he needs to avoid.

It's highly unlikely that any candidate could walk away from a debate performance as bad as that one and not expect to lose ground in the polls.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Quote:
Trump: "The record shows that I'm right. When I did an interview with Howard Stern, very lightly, first time anyone's asked me that, I said, very lightly, I don't know, maybe, who knows? Essentially. I then did an interview with Neil Cavuto. We talked about the economy is more important. I then spoke to Sean Hannity, which everybody refuses to call Sean Hannity. I had numerous conversations with Sean Hannity at Fox. And Sean Hannity said – and he called me the other day – and I spoke to him about it – he said you were totally against the war, because he was for the war." Holt: "Why is your judgment better than..." Trump: "And when he – excuse me. And that was before the war started. Sean Hannity said very strongly to me and other people – he's willing to say it, but nobody wants to call him. I was against the war. He said, you used to have fights with me, because Sean was in favor of the war.

"And I understand that side, also, not very much, because we should have never been there. But nobody called Sean Hannity. And then they did an article in a major magazine, shortly after the war started. I think in '04. But they did an article which had me totally against the war in Iraq.

"And one of your compatriots said, you know, whether it was before or right after, Trump was definitely – because if you read this article, there's no doubt. But if somebody – and I'll ask the press – if somebody would call up Sean Hannity, this was before the war started. He and I used to have arguments about the war. I said, it's a terrible and a stupid thing. It's going to destabilize the Middle East. And that's exactly what it's done. It's been a disaster."

I actually think Sarah Palin made more sense than him in her debate. And he gave a similarly terrible answer on stop and frisk.

DT didn't answer (bleep). He pointed fingers, had a few tantrums, and talked in circles. It's likely he will perform better in the next two, but it won't matter. HRC called him racist to his face and he didn't deny it.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject:

Arizona Republic Endorsement: Hillary Clinton is the only choice to move America ahead

Quote:
Since The Arizona Republic began publication in 1890, we have never endorsed a Democrat over a Republican for president. Never. This reflects a deep philosophical appreciation for conservative ideals and Republican principles.

This year is different.

The 2016 Republican candidate is not conservative and he is not qualified.

That’s why, for the first time in our history, The Arizona Republic will support a Democrat for president.

Quote:
The challenges the United States faces domestically and internationally demand a steady hand, a cool head and the ability to think carefully before acting.

Hillary Clinton understands this. Donald Trump does not.

Clinton has the temperament and experience to be president. Donald Trump does not.

Clinton knows how to compromise and to lead with intelligence, decorum and perspective. She has a record of public service as First Lady, senator and secretary of state.

She has withstood decades of scrutiny so intense it would wither most politicians. The vehemence of some of the anti-Clinton attacks strains credulity.

Trump hasn’t even let the American people scrutinize his tax returns, which could help the nation judge his claims of business acumen.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject:

Scary times my southern friends.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject:

When is this second debate? I don't know if I remember correctly but I thought the second debate was a debate between Vice Presidents
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject:

Reilec142002 wrote:
There's no argument trump got destroyed in that debate. But the question is whether or not that matters. I personally don't know but I think the chances are pretty high that trump really damaged himself on Monday night.

The 47% comment that Romney made 4 years ago was so damaging to him because it fed into ppls preconceived notions of Romney: elitist, out of touch, etc.

The preconceived notions of trump are that he has poor temperament, he has thin skin, he's racist, and he's sexist. On Monday night he fed into ALL of those preconceived notions. He almost assuredly stopped the momentum he had been gaining the last few weeks and erased any gains he made with female and minority voters.

And on top of that he made his tax returns a highlight of a major section of the debate. Which is something he needs to avoid.

It's highly unlikely that any candidate could walk away from a debate performance as bad as that one and not expect to lose ground in the polls.

For the hard core Trump supporters, HRC haters it will change nothing. Even if Trump lies a mind boggling 50% of a time, his supporters will literally blindly follow him.

Hope the more educated, women and minorities will turn out in big numbers to stop him. Its a sham that Trump got this far.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
Reilec142002 wrote:

For the hard core Trump supporters, HRC haters it will change nothing. Even if Trump lies a mind boggling 50% of a time, his supporters will literally blindly follow him.

Hope the more educated, women and minorities will turn out in big numbers to stop him. Its a sham that Trump got this far.

Trump supporters are a cult at this point. They don't care about solutions, they just want to blame blame blame with tons of insults mixed in
Reilec142002
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject:

I wasn't referring to trump supporters. The undecideds who haven't been paying attention to the election just saw the worst side of trump.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

When it becomes profitable to have a third party we will have a third party. Right now it is cheaper just to buy two candidates compared to three.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
When is this second debate? I don't know if I remember correctly but I thought the second debate was a debate between Vice Presidents

Schedule Details

Quote:
Vice presidential debate (Tues, Oct. 4)
Second presidential debate (Sun, Oct. 9) - town hall format
Third presidential debate (Wed, Oct. 19) - same format as 1st debate
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:

The current Frontline episode (nerd alert) is about Hillary and Lizard Man. It's on Chan 50 on Direct, 3 more showings until Oct 9th should you want to record it. You might like it, Linda. Has some interesting background info on Hillary in her youth, for example, her commencement speech at Wellesly that was a real-time rebuttal to the state Senator's dismissive comments about the anti-Vietnam protesters. She sat there and scribbled out changes to her speech as she listened to him. It was a nice feather for her to be chosen as a student commencement speaker at that, that wasn't the norm they said. At least the first hour has some content on both that isn't widely known, then it goes into refresher material from 1992 on. A lot of the old hat info on Bill's zipper since the 70s, but that's part and parcel of her political story/career, better or worse.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

Thanks, NPZ. I just set my DVR.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject:

The Obama's and Biden are speaking honestly to voters, reminding them of what's at stake. They admit that she sucks, but Hillary is still worlds better than the alternative.

Quote:
The Obamas and Joe Biden are warning voters that they must turn out on Election Day to stop Donald Trump – even if they don’t like Hillary Clinton all that much.

While the three top surrogates are heaping praise on Clinton, they are also leveling with voters — especially young and minority voters — who are not as fired up about the former secretary of state as they were about the Obamas in 2008, or Bernie Sanders earlier this year.

Quote:
“The notion somehow that, ‘Well, you know, I’m not as inspired because Barack and Michelle, they’re not on the ballot this time, and, you know, maybe we kinda take it easy’ — my legacy’s on the ballot,” Obama said on Wednesday morning on the “Steve Harvey Morning Show.” “You know, all the work we’ve done over the last eight years is on the ballot.”

Michelle Obama, speaking at a rally in Philadelphia, also swiped at the idea that Clinton is viewed by many as a less-than-inspiring candidate, despite her hefty foreign and domestic policy credentials.

Quote:
“Remember it’s not about voting for the perfect candidate. There is no such person,” the hugely popular first lady said. “In this election it is about making a choice between two very different candidates with very different visions for our nation. So the question is do you want Hillary Clinton to be your president, or do you want her opponent to be your president?”

And just the day before, Biden delivered almost the same talking point.

Quote:
"I know [students] are not overjoyed about the choices,” Biden said, also in Philadelphia. “I know they think that Hillary didn't do A, B, C or D, I know, but, my Lord. My Lord. What are we going to do?"

Sure Hillary Sucks, But She's Still Better Than the Alternative
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject:

I am guessing that most who would want to go see Obama or Biden doesn't need to be convinced to vote for Clinton.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Scary times my southern friends.

Lowering the bar...hmm or is it raising it in this case?

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I am guessing that most who would want to go see Obama or Biden doesn't need to be convinced to vote for Clinton.

They're famous. Of course people other than just the partisan faithful want to see them.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
The Obama's and Biden are speaking honestly to voters, reminding them of what's at stake. They admit that she sucks, but Hillary is still worlds better than the alternative.

Quote:
The Obamas and Joe Biden are warning voters that they must turn out on Election Day to stop Donald Trump – even if they don’t like Hillary Clinton all that much.

While the three top surrogates are heaping praise on Clinton, they are also leveling with voters — especially young and minority voters — who are not as fired up about the former secretary of state as they were about the Obamas in 2008, or Bernie Sanders earlier this year.

Quote:
“The notion somehow that, ‘Well, you know, I’m not as inspired because Barack and Michelle, they’re not on the ballot this time, and, you know, maybe we kinda take it easy’ — my legacy’s on the ballot,” Obama said on Wednesday morning on the “Steve Harvey Morning Show.” “You know, all the work we’ve done over the last eight years is on the ballot.”

Michelle Obama, speaking at a rally in Philadelphia, also swiped at the idea that Clinton is viewed by many as a less-than-inspiring candidate, despite her hefty foreign and domestic policy credentials.

Quote:
“Remember it’s not about voting for the perfect candidate. There is no such person,” the hugely popular first lady said. “In this election it is about making a choice between two very different candidates with very different visions for our nation. So the question is do you want Hillary Clinton to be your president, or do you want her opponent to be your president?”

Quote:
"I know [students] are not overjoyed about the choices,” Biden said, also in Philadelphia. “I know they think that Hillary didn't do A, B, C or D, I know, but, my Lord. My Lord. What are we going to do?"

The ACTUAL title of the article is "The Obamas level with voters who aren't wild about Clinton."
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/Donald-Trump/ss/Anti-Trump-Quotes.htm?utm_campaign=kw_entertainment_15&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=con&utm_content=3209&kwp_0=222476&kwp_4=875958&kwp_1=428078#step1

Some trump humor
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The ACTUAL title of the article is "The Obamas level with voters who aren't wild about Clinton."

"The Obamas tell voters who think Hillary sucks that she sucks less than the wild alternative"?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject:

So Rachel Maddow reports that Newsweek will publish an article tomorrow that claims that Trump broke the law by doing business with Cuba in the 1990s.

Stay tuned.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"The Obamas tell voters who think Hillary sucks that she sucks less than the wild alternative"?

"The Obamas lay the truth on clueless young people who don't understand the way the world works yet and would rather indulge in a feel-good moment rather than consider the long term implications of their actions."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 674, 675, 676 ... 886, 887, 888  Next
Page 675 of 888
Jump to: