THE Political Thread (All Political Discussion Here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 675, 676, 677 ... 886, 887, 888  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I've seen the light and the error of my ways. You will vote for Trump after you see this.

25 logial reasons to vote for Trump
http://25logicalreasonstovotefordonaldtrump.com/
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
The Obama's and Biden are speaking honestly to voters, reminding them of what's at stake. They admit that she sucks, but Hillary is still worlds better than the alternative.

Quote:
The Obamas and Joe Biden are warning voters that they must turn out on Election Day to stop Donald Trump – even if they don’t like Hillary Clinton all that much.

While the three top surrogates are heaping praise on Clinton, they are also leveling with voters — especially young and minority voters — who are not as fired up about the former secretary of state as they were about the Obamas in 2008, or Bernie Sanders earlier this year.

Quote:
“The notion somehow that, ‘Well, you know, I’m not as inspired because Barack and Michelle, they’re not on the ballot this time, and, you know, maybe we kinda take it easy’ — my legacy’s on the ballot,” Obama said on Wednesday morning on the “Steve Harvey Morning Show.” “You know, all the work we’ve done over the last eight years is on the ballot.”

Michelle Obama, speaking at a rally in Philadelphia, also swiped at the idea that Clinton is viewed by many as a less-than-inspiring candidate, despite her hefty foreign and domestic policy credentials.

Quote:
“Remember it’s not about voting for the perfect candidate. There is no such person,” the hugely popular first lady said. “In this election it is about making a choice between two very different candidates with very different visions for our nation. So the question is do you want Hillary Clinton to be your president, or do you want her opponent to be your president?”

And just the day before, Biden delivered almost the same talking point.

Quote:
"I know [students] are not overjoyed about the choices,” Biden said, also in Philadelphia. “I know they think that Hillary didn't do A, B, C or D, I know, but, my Lord. My Lord. What are we going to do?"

Sure Hillary Sucks, But She's Still Better Than the Alternative

The ACTUAL title of the article is "The Obamas level with voters who aren't wild about Clinton."

"The Obamas tell voters who think Hillary sucks that she sucks less than the wild alternative"?

"The Obamas lay the truth on clueless young people who don't understand the way the world works yet and would rather indulge in a feel-good moment rather than consider the long term implications of their actions."

Soooo, the circle is complete. The Obama's tell voters - 'Sure Hillary Sucks But She's Still Better Than the Alternative.'
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject:

President Barack Obama’s town hall on CNN with host Jake Tapper 9/28/2016

I was very impressed by the knowledge and ability the President answered questions. These questions weren't scripted. His sincerity jumped off the screen. Caused me to mist once or twice.

I know Trump couldn't have answered the questions. I question whether HRC could have.

Part I

Part II

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I was very impressed by the knowledge and ability the President answer questions. These questions weren't scripted. His sincerity jumped off the screen. Caused me to mist once or twice.

I know Trump couldn't have answered the questions. I question whether HRC could have.

Part I

Part II

He's been pretty special. It was 48 years between JFK and Obama. Hopefully it's not another 48 years again.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/gary-johnson-another-aleppo-moment-failing-immediately-identity-012204301--abc-news-topstories.html

Gary Johnson Has Another 'Aleppo Moment' After Failing to Immediately Identity His Favorite World Leader
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
The Obama's and Biden are speaking honestly to voters, reminding them of what's at stake. They admit that she sucks, but Hillary is still worlds better than the alternative.

Quote:
The Obamas and Joe Biden are warning voters that they must turn out on Election Day to stop Donald Trump – even if they don’t like Hillary Clinton all that much.

While the three top surrogates are heaping praise on Clinton, they are also leveling with voters — especially young and minority voters — who are not as fired up about the former secretary of state as they were about the Obamas in 2008, or Bernie Sanders earlier this year.

Quote:
“The notion somehow that, ‘Well, you know, I’m not as inspired because Barack and Michelle, they’re not on the ballot this time, and, you know, maybe we kinda take it easy’ — my legacy’s on the ballot,” Obama said on Wednesday morning on the “Steve Harvey Morning Show.” “You know, all the work we’ve done over the last eight years is on the ballot.”

Michelle Obama, speaking at a rally in Philadelphia, also swiped at the idea that Clinton is viewed by many as a less-than-inspiring candidate, despite her hefty foreign and domestic policy credentials.

Quote:
“Remember it’s not about voting for the perfect candidate. There is no such person,” the hugely popular first lady said. “In this election it is about making a choice between two very different candidates with very different visions for our nation. So the question is do you want Hillary Clinton to be your president, or do you want her opponent to be your president?”

Quote:
"I know [students] are not overjoyed about the choices,” Biden said, also in Philadelphia. “I know they think that Hillary didn't do A, B, C or D, I know, but, my Lord. My Lord. What are we going to do?"

The ACTUAL title of the article is "The Obamas level with voters who aren't wild about Clinton."

"The Obamas tell voters who think Hillary sucks that she sucks less than the wild alternative"?

"The Obamas lay the truth on clueless young people who don't understand the way the world works yet and would rather indulge in a feel-good moment rather than consider the long term implications of their actions."

Soooo, the circle is complete. The Obama's tell voters - 'Sure Hillary Sucks But She's Still Better Than the Alternative.'

"Aussiesuede despises the Clintons, for some reason, and will vote for Hillary anyway, but man, are you going to hear about it online!"
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I was very impressed by the knowledge and ability the President answered questions. These questions weren't scripted. His sincerity jumped off the screen. Caused me to mist once or twice.

Part I

Part II

Really interesting stuff. Thanks for the links.
My favorite President ever.

After watching Hillary at the debate yesterday and comparing it to Barack's town hall. I get the vibe that Hillary's a little more of a war hawk than Barack. Not as much as Bush (Cheaney). But more than Barack
Obviously leaders of our military have to weigh several factors when deciding US military involvement abroad. But I think Barack does a great job balancing the moral obligation of intervening abroad depending on the circumstance. And knowing the cost to the US lives (military and their families) and interests (International agreements) that comes along with such a decision. He really learned from Libya. And he alluded to that in the 1st part of the town hall.

My favorite quote from the town hall. Barack was talking about maintaining the gains we've made in Afghanistan:
"We'll never have enough troops. We'll never have a big enough budget. To be able to simply govern and police every one of these countries around the world".
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

More like Obama says, "Millenials are so obsessed with trying to convince the world how intelligent and progressive they are that they spout the tired memes contrived by the Right. The irony of which is lost on them because they are too self-involved with their sense of self-righteousness to actually think."
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/gary-johnson-another-aleppo-moment-failing-immediately-identity-012204301--abc-news-topstories.html

Gary Johnson Has Another 'Aleppo Moment' After Failing to Immediately Identity His Favorite World Leader

People are saying he's qualified to be POTUS. Maybe he'd hit some LINK before the interview.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:

What a dumpster fire, both Johnson and Weld. Merkel and Fox? Really?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Fallout wrote:

I'm gonna cut Johnson a break on this one. Matthews asked his question and then overwhelmed him (and anyone else listening) with that verbal blitzkrieg thing he does and Gary didn't really have a chance to gather.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I am guessing that most who would want to go see Obama or Biden doesn't need to be convinced to vote for Clinton.

Actually, there are many people who want to go see Obama or Biden who need to be convinced to vote for Clinton (as opposed to simply staying home and not voting).
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"Aussiesuede despises the Clintons, for some reason, and will vote for Hillary anyway, but man, are you going to hear about it online!"

Aussie might me crazy but still smart and sober mind enough to make the right vote. That's all that matters.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Fallout wrote:

I'm gonna cut Johnson a break on this one. Matthews asked his question and then overwhelmed him (and anyone else listening) with that verbal blitzkrieg thing he does and Gary didn't really have a chance to gather.

To be fair, Chris Mathews is really not that sharp anymore either.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Johnson did pretty well for almost the whole interview.

Hillary has her moments that can be criticized. Trump has them every other word that comes out of his mouth.

Right now, there's just a general movement to try to make people ignore Johnson in order to protect the two party system.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Johnson did pretty well for almost the whole interview.

Hillary has her moments that can be criticized. Trump has them every other word that comes out of his mouth.

Right now, there's just a general movement to try to make people ignore Johnson in order to protect the two party system.

That actually works in Johnsons favor. Every time he actually talks about his policy proposals he makes himself look really simple.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
So Rachel Maddow reports that Newsweek will publish an article tomorrow that claims that Trump broke the law by doing business with Cuba in the 1990s.

Stay tuned.

HOW DONALD TRUMP'S COMPANY VIOLATED THE UNITED STATES EMBARGO AGAINST CUBA

Quote:
A company controlled by Donald Trump, the Republican nominee for president, secretly conducted business in communist Cuba during Fidel Castro’s presidency despite strict American trade bans that made such undertakings illegal, according to interviews with former Trump executives, internal company records and court filings.

Documents show that the Trump company spent a minimum of $68,000 for its 1998 foray into Cuba at a time when the corporate expenditure of even a penny in the Caribbean country was prohibited without U.S. government approval. But the company did not spend the money directly. Instead, with Trump’s knowledge, executives funneled the cash for the Cuba trip through an American consulting firm called Seven Arrows Investment and Development Corporation. Once the business consultants traveled to the island and incurred the expenses for the venture, Seven Arrows instructed senior officers with Trump’s company—then called Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts—how to make it appear legal by linking it after-the-fact to a charitable effort.

The payment by Trump Hotels came just before the New York business mogul launched his first bid for the White House, seeking the nomination of the Reform Party. On his first day of the campaign, he traveled to Miami where he spoke to a group of Cuban-Americans, a critical voting bloc in the swing state. Trump vowed to maintain the embargo and never spend his or his companies’ money in Cuba until Fidel Castro was removed from power.

He did not disclose that, seven months earlier, Trump Hotels already had reimbursed its consultants for the money they spent on their secret business trip to Havana.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/Donald-Trump/ss/Anti-Trump-Quotes.htm?utm_campaign=kw_entertainment_15&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=con&utm_content=3209&kwp_0=222476&kwp_4=875958&kwp_1=428078#step1
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Asked to name his favorite foreign leader, or any foreign leader he admires, Libertarian nominee for president Gary Johnson was unable to come up with an answer.

The exchange occurred on an MSNBC town hall hosted by Chris Matthews Wednesday night.

When Johnson hesitated at the initial question, Matthews said, "Go ahead, you gotta do this. Anywhere. Any continent. Canada, Mexico, Europe, over there, Asia, South America, Africa. Name a foreign leader that you respect."

It continued:

Quote:
Johnson: I guess I'm having an Aleppo moment in the former president of Mexico.

Matthews: But I'm giving you the whole world.

Johnson: I know, I know, I know.

Matthews: But I'm giving you the whole world. Anybody in the world you like. Anybody. Pick any leader.

Johnson: The former president of Mexico.

Matthews: Which one?

Johnson: I'm having a brain ... "

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495896880/watch-unable-to-name-a-foreign-leader-gary-johnson-has-another-aleppo-moment

He may not be Presidential material, but I'm sure he's friendly enough to offer you a bong hit.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Quote:
Asked to name his favorite foreign leader, or any foreign leader he admires, Libertarian nominee for president Gary Johnson was unable to come up with an answer.

The exchange occurred on an MSNBC town hall hosted by Chris Matthews Wednesday night.

When Johnson hesitated at the initial question, Matthews said, "Go ahead, you gotta do this. Anywhere. Any continent. Canada, Mexico, Europe, over there, Asia, South America, Africa. Name a foreign leader that you respect."

It continued:

Quote:
Johnson: I guess I'm having an Aleppo moment in the former president of Mexico.

Matthews: But I'm giving you the whole world.

Johnson: I know, I know, I know.

Matthews: But I'm giving you the whole world. Anybody in the world you like. Anybody. Pick any leader.

Johnson: The former president of Mexico.

Matthews: Which one?

Johnson: I'm having a brain ... "

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495896880/watch-unable-to-name-a-foreign-leader-gary-johnson-has-another-aleppo-moment

He may not be Presidential material, but I'm sure he's friendly enough to offer you a bong hit.

And being a Libertarian, he doesn't believe in free college either. And global warming will take care of itself because the earth is going to burn up eventually so why bother.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Yep. It's a conspiracy to make people think that Johnson is unappealing and sort of weird. The leader of the conspiracy is Johnson.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Yep. It's a conspiracy to make people think that Johnson is unappealing and sort of weird. The leader of the conspiracy is Johnson.

This is small potatoes compared to the crap feom the two main candidates.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Fallout wrote:

If he got overwhelmed by questions, then what makes the president's job easier? Have to think quick on the feet and be knowledgeable in foreign affairs. Foreign affairs is obviously his weak point.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Fallout wrote:

All the more reason not to give him a break. If that's going to rattle him, there's no way he's prepared to handle bing the POTUS.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject:

Better than having the first inclination be to lie or completely change the subject like we're used to seeing.

Libertarians normally don't look at foreign leaders in admiration considering most of the world is pro-big government.

People fear Johnson being allowed in the debates because they know he'll appeal to many when contrasted with Hillary and Donald. I don't know if it would be enough to win, but there is real fear by his opponents.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 675, 676, 677 ... 886, 887, 888  Next
Page 676 of 888
Jump to: