THE Political Thread (All Political Discussion Here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 886, 887, 888  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Is this real or faked
http://1.1.1.1/bmi/i.imgur.com/6ZUIXye.jpg

Responses to the four children being murdered by the supposed accidental bombing.. Military analysts have said they had to target these people by hand and eye after they hit the building

From the cheering of other kills I highly suspect this forum screencap is legit
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Just a hint, but the best way to support your view would be to stop supporting your view.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
I simply find it ridiculous that the actions of a minority on one side are exaggerated to include everyone (including leadership), whereas the actions of a majority on the other side are wholly ignored by some posters here.

I don't know about the majority and minority stuff. Maybe you're right, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that it isn't a majority on both sides.

Agreed. It's not the lopsided world that Jeffs would like people to believe. One need only look at the venom and contempt that those who fall on the pro-Israeli side display towards the people of Palestine to see that it runs deep, unwavering and more importantly consistently amongst them. In fact, in is so engrained in the Israeli psyche, that the few Israelis who have reservations about the nations policies are reluctant to speak out. And that's not because those that hold Palestinians with outright contempt are the minority.

Perhaps I am simply overly optimistic regarding the morals of Israelis, but my thoughts are based in large part on what I see and hear from friends in the region. Frankly, they are far more forgiving than I would be in their position. In any case, when I speak to my friends in Israel, or read their posts on Facebook, I do not see the venom and contempt that you attribute to the majority of people in the area - I see posts like this: http://postimg.org/image/vhgu04n4l/ (actual friend of mine, name removed for privacy).

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
I simply find it ridiculous that the actions of a minority on one side are exaggerated to include everyone (including leadership), whereas the actions of a majority on the other side are wholly ignored by some posters here.

I don't know about the majority and minority stuff. Maybe you're right, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that it isn't a majority on both sides.

Agreed. It's not the lopsided world that Jeffs would like people to believe. One need only look at the venom and contempt that those who fall on the pro-Israeli side display towards the people of Palestine to see that it runs deep, unwavering and more importantly consistently amongst them. In fact, in is so engrained in the Israeli psyche, that the few Israelis who have reservations about the nations policies are reluctant to speak out. And that's not because those that hold Palestinians with outright contempt are the minority.

Perhaps I am simply overly optimistic regarding the morals of Israelis, but my thoughts are based in large part on what I see and hear from friends in the region. Frankly, they are far more forgiving than I would be in their position. In any case, when I speak to my friends in Israel, or read their posts on Facebook, I do not see the venom and contempt that you attribute to the majority of people in the area - I see posts like this: http://postimg.org/image/vhgu04n4l/ (actual friend of mine, name removed for privacy).

I think there are moderates on both sides who must struggle with the fact that children are being killed. Unfortunately there are politicians on both sides who also stoke the flames as that is how they derive their power. That is why Hamas launches missiles into Israel. Tactically it causes minimal damage, but strategically it causes the Israelis to mobilize and invade. That in turn radicalizes more Palestinians, which in turn rally behind Hamas. The missiles also harden the rhetoric within Israel, and strengthens the hand of the right-wing which ensures no compromise within the foreseeable future. Rinse and repeat.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

I think there are moderates on both sides who must struggle with the fact that children are being killed. Unfortunately there are politicians on both sides who also stoke the flames as that is how they derive their power. That is why Hamas launches missiles into Israel. Tactically it causes minimal damage, but strategically it causes the Israelis to mobilize and invade. That in turn radicalizes more Palestinians, which in turn rally behind Hamas. The missiles also harden the rhetoric within Israel, and strengthens the hand of the right-wing which ensures no compromise within the foreseeable future. Rinse and repeat.
Bingo.. If we didnt know any better the far rights on both sides could be best buds. because without one. the other would no longer exist or would no longer have a place on either side. a couple of weeks ago i think it was on PBS. There was a special with a jewish man from Israel interviewing one of those hard right types. The jewish interviewer was more of a moderate and he just kept shaking his head while the guy was speaking. Because he knew. this is the mentality that keeps us fighting forever. Because that mentality on both sides will never bend.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

Reminds me of the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin in the 90's. The nationalists on either side don't want peace or compromise they want outright victory.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject:

The other piece of this is that a ceasefire and status quo (more settlements for the Israeli's, continued lack of basic needs in a crowded, walled in, encroached upon, blockaded ghetto for the Palestinians) isn't going to get peace any closer.

The Israelis practice democracy, and want and expect their sovereignty, but expect to dictate to the Palestinians who their leadership will be. Of course, given the nature of the conflict, groups like Hamas will win in an election, which means Israel won't respect the election, pushing us back to square one. There needs to be intervention that allows the Palestinians to choose their own leaders, insulates Israel to some degree (peacekeepers?), and allows the development of governmental systems within the Palestinian structure that are more inward looking (fixing the economic and infrastructure problems) than outward (killing Israel). It will happen over time, but has to be organic and won't happen right out of the gate.

Pull out of the settlements, bring in peacekeepers, get a third party involved with Palestinian elections and oversight, bring in aid and infrastructure building to the Palestinians. Yes, there may still be problems, but there already are.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Of course, given the nature of the conflict, groups like Hamas will win in an election . . .

I wonder, will this continue. I've heard that some Palestinians are blaming the deaths of their children and neighbors on Hamas. Maybe, Hamas will lose next time around.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
24 wrote:
Of course, given the nature of the conflict, groups like Hamas will win in an election . . .

I wonder, will this continue. I've heard that some Palestinians are blaming the deaths of their children and neighbors on Hamas. Maybe, Hamas will lose next time around.

Possibly, but not likely that they or some group like them will win. The organizing principal in Gaza is that it is a miserable place to live, and the overarching blame for that is not going to go to Hamas (from the Palestinian residents, to make sure I'm clear).
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Such a joy to watch Wolf Blitzer be unbiased.
Saying the death toll for Palestinians in a one lump sum
Then the death toll for Israelis he makes sure to point out the two civilian casualties and they turn to footage of the total devastation and annihilation of the place where there was an Israeli civilian killed...

Gaza just sort of seems like that place where Israel tests their weaponry and military tactics..
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Gaza just sort of seems like that place where Israel tests their weaponry and military tactics..

Gee, I wonder where they learned that tactic . . .

(Though this is not to say they don't have justification unlike, often, their mentors)
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm curious why people are so upset that the guerrillas are hiding among the populace. Isn't that basically the idea of guerrilla warfare? I mean, are they supposed to find an empty field and put up a fort with a sign on the roof that says bomb here? That's the nature of Israel being a well funded nation with an extremely expensive technologically advanced military vs a basic insurgent group.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

And I have seen some of my family, who are Jewish, express please for peace and restraint on Facebook only to have people chastise them for essentially being traitors and shills for Hamas.

I have heard things from someone close to my family who is a former member of Israeli special forces that were shocking for their levels of sadism, callousness and hatred.

My point is not that those are indicative of all Israelis. My point is that to pretend that such sentiments are solely the trait of the Palestinians and do not occur within the Israeli community is naive at best and an outright lie at worst.

My point is not that all Israelis are
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Ahhhh. How about dem courts.

Two rulings today: one, against Obamacare; the other, in favor.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Ahhhh. How about dem courts.

Two rulings today: one, against Obamacare; the other, in favor.

I read the DC Circuit decision. From a legal perspective, it's an interesting issue. I thought the dissent had the better argument, though. We'll see what the Supreme Court has to say.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject:

How can one ignore what Israel did when they alleged Hamas killed those three boys

They pushed ground troops into Gaza and arrested 250 people killing 9 citizens in the process

Two Hundred and Fifty.. IMHO .. this makes it suspicious.. They had to have already wanted those 250 people and needed a reason to go into there.

But irregardless of needing a reason.. How is it that they have the right to just use a military and round up 250 people in a place where the people supposedly aren't (bleep) with all the time? They just get to go in and shoot people and blow up houses and arrest hundreds of citizens under the guise of searching for the killers of three teens?

They murdered nine people while doing this and caused massive damages to homes and neighborhoods

They kidnapped 51 people whom they agreed to give freedom to in a prisoner exchange.. IDGAF if you didn't like the prisoner exchange.. you are TERRORISTS for going back on your agreement and deserve to be held accountable in an International Court

No neighboring country should be allowed to just cross the border anytime they want and murder people and arrest anyone they want and blow up houses and maim and injure children

Israel and its fans never seem to care what they do to the other side to provoke the anger

What would Israel do if Egypt brought its military into Israel and arrested 250 people and killed 9 others and caused massive damages and injuries in the process?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject:

How can one ignore what Israel did when they alleged Hamas killed those three boys

They pushed ground troops into Gaza and arrested 250 people killing 9 citizens in the process

Two Hundred and Fifty.. IMHO .. this makes it suspicious.. They had to have already wanted those 250 people and needed a reason to go into there.

But irregardless of needing a reason.. How is it that they have the right to just use a military and round up 250 people in a place where the people supposedly aren't (bleep) with all the time? They just get to go in and shoot people and blow up houses and arrest hundreds of citizens under the guise of searching for the killers of three teens?

They murdered nine people while doing this and caused massive damages to homes and neighborhoods

They kidnapped 51 people whom they agreed to give freedom to in a prisoner exchange.. IDGAF if you didn't like the prisoner exchange.. you are TERRORISTS for going back on your agreement and deserve to be held accountable in an International Court

No neighboring country should be allowed to just cross the border anytime they want and murder people and arrest anyone they want and blow up houses and maim and injure children

Israel and its fans never seem to care what they do to the other side to provoke the anger

What would Israel do if Egypt brought its military into Israel and arrested 250 people and killed 9 others and caused massive damages and injuries in the process?

You know, the US uses drones to kill many people throughout Asia and the Middle East with nary a peep from anyone in this country. Without trial or even an pretense at rolling out any evidence, they fly drones in and kill people they suspect of being tied to terrorist groups

I share some of your reservations about Israel's action in regards to Gaza. But you are hammering away relentlessly and one-sidedly at the Gaza situation as if Israel is alone in egregious actions. Doing so doesn't help your message. Just the opposite.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Revisiting a huge topic

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish

Quote:
To oversee the expenditure the CPA was supposed to appoint an independent certified public accounting firm. "Instead the CPA hired an obscure consulting firm called North Star Consultants Inc. The firm was so small that it reportedly operates out of a private home in San Diego." Mr Bowen found that the company "did not perform a review of internal controls as required by the contract".

----------------
Anyone ever held accountable for this or brought up on charges?
rak_90046
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Then the death toll for Israelis he makes sure to point out the two civilian casualties and they turn to footage of the total devastation and annihilation of the place where there was an Israeli civilian killed...

I think he's doing an excellent job.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

You know, the US uses drones to kill many people throughout Asia and the Middle East with nary a peep from anyone in this country. Without trial or even an pretense at rolling out any evidence, they fly drones in and kill people they suspect of being tied to terrorist groups

I share some of your reservations about Israel's action in regards to Gaza. But you are hammering away relentlessly and one-sidedly at the Gaza situation as if Israel is alone in egregious actions. Doing so doesn't help your message. Just the opposite.

I have wanted a memorial cemetery built in the US for the innocent dead in those drone attacks

I understand your disdain for my harping on this issue but that is why it is so upsetting to me.. USA kisses Israels ass and lets them murder Palestinians left and right and gives them billions and billions of dollars and controls the media reports about which side is the good guy etc

All I can do is offer a dissenting voice with facts
Omar Little

rak_90046 wrote:

I think he's doing an excellent job.

That's because you're bigoted against Arabs...
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DaMuleRules wrote:

It causes Jeffs to respond in kind. No middle ground between either is simply sad.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

It causes Jeffs to respond in kind. No middle ground between either is simply sad.

Exactly.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject:

I understand your disdain for my harping on this issue but that is why it is so upsetting to me.. USA kisses Israels ass and lets them murder Palestinians left and right and gives them billions and billions of dollars and controls the media reports about which side is the good guy etc

All I can do is offer a dissenting voice with facts

That's just it. You aren't simply a dissenting voice with facts. You're an agenda driven zealot - and that's from someone who views you as an old friend of sorts.

I know your message is intended to come from the right place and I get your passion for your convictions. But it all goes for naught when you clearly have no iteration of pretending to have anything resembling objectivity. Throw in the fact that your "facts" are mostly hyperbolic and opinionated rants based on a modicum of convenient truth and you really become your own worst enemy.

And again, this is coming from someone who actually agrees with you in spirit and sees you as a decent and likable guy despite your eccentric nature.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Exactly.

I would say something similar to Jeffs that I just said to CI. I like Jeffs and think he's a good guy who is more than capable of providing substantial input, even on matters we don't agree on. But the fact is that he is too emotionally committed to a particular side on this subject and that just works against his message.

Jeffs and CI mean well. I don't doubt that for a second.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 886, 887, 888  Next
Page 118 of 888
Jump to: