THE Political Thread (All Political Discussion Here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 886, 887, 888  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^Mostly directed at Kray. Your comment, while leaving a bad taste in my mouth, was much less offensive. None-the-less, I really do appreciate the apology.

I think you're personalizing things a bit too much. That list was about as offensive as it gets.

I didn't Godwin this thread...you did (by mentioning the same that shall not be mentioned). It's good you saw my point though, because that list (posted by dubaholic) reads like: Israelis deserve to live...the others do not.

I saw some photos of dead little girls....decomposing in a non-air conditioned morgue. It made it hard to control my emotions. I tend to lose it when I see stuff like that.

I'm sorry if what I said offended you though.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject:

Kray, I do not accept your apology. You are anything but sorry for your comment, only sorry that I fail to agree with you. You are fortunate that I am not allowing myself to moderate this thread.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Kray, I do not accept your apology. You are anything but sorry for your comment, only sorry that I fail to agree with you. You are fortunate that I am not allowing myself to moderate this thread.

This is a good reason also why it's close to impossible to have meaningful discussion about politics without it getting personal. Especially a hot button issue like this.

I am not faultless in it for sure. Honestly though, I don't care about your agreement or disagreement. I am not writing these things to persuade you to my side. I'm writing them as a way to cope with what I see as an injustice.

Your moderation threat (indirect as it may be) is not appreciated. It tells me that contrarian viewpoints are not welcome.

This will be my last post in this thread as a result.

Please PM me if you'd like to discuss further.

Last edited by K28 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject:

There has been a discussion among the Mod staff and we have decided the Israel/Gaza issue is too volatile to discuss on this board. We will not be moderating any of the posts up until this point.

However, discussion of this topic is now off limits. I will delete any further posts on the topic. Thanks.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject:

Please make all further replies to previous posts on this topic via PM.
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Illegal Aliens Exploit an IRS Loophole Costing the Country $4.2 Billion a Year

USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Dey turk err jurbs, and now this.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject:

The biggest thing illegal aliens have exploited is the willingness to work for (bleep) wages in exploitive, often illegal conditions doing manual labor most of the folks complaining about them would lift a finger to do if they were starving and homeless.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
The biggest thing illegal aliens have exploited is the willingness to work for (bleep) wages in exploitive, often illegal conditions doing manual labor most of the folks complaining about them would lift a finger to do if they were starving and homeless.

Thank you.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject:

My tax person has asked me to provide report cards and immunization records for my kids the past 2 years. I'm assuming this is the reason why.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject:

I like how he shows the irs agent's email.

Classy guy
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:

Thank you.

In that way their story sounds quite similar to what happened with the Italians (I would know), Irish, etc. The only stickler here is that nowadays they're coming illegally. If we could fix our border, and streamline the naturalization process, this wouldn't be as much of an issue because all these people would be legal citizens and nobody could complain about it (well it would be to a lesser extent at least).

My Italian ancestors got a lot of (bleep) back in the day; Ellis island was a harrowing experience for them to say the least. New immigrants always catch a lot of flak...it's just history repeating itself as a result of an uneducated populace.

The solution is simple in theory but complicated in practice: build a wall, pass immigration reform, begin legalizing current working illegals living in America.

It won't please everybody but those are the kinds of cut and dry things you need to do to get out of this mess.
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject:

Thanks once again for the merge. I don't think this has much to due with politics but whatever. Perhaps this thread should be titled "THE THREAD of Topics That May Turn Political Due to Certain People's Partisanship." But since you merged it here and "bumped" it with an assumption that it must be political just by the title alone, let's go there.

24 wrote:

Thanks for the extreme left broken record mantra ad nauseam, but what does it have to do with illegals cheating the tax refund system? Your attempt to hide the fact that you merged it here without knowing the details is obvious with a statement that's barely and vaguely related. You might want to watch the news piece so that a relevant discussion can be had. But for now, since you brought it up, I'll play along.

Could it be that you support the exploitation of foreigners taking on manual labor for (bleep) wages? That sort of goes against your righteous liberal stance, doesn't it? Could it possibly be all of that sanctimonious crap is just a guise? How about we raise our standards instead of lowering them and eliminate such "exploitive, often illegal conditions" by deporting said people willing to accept those very conditions? We don't need to take on the poor of other nations when we can barely take care of our own.

Maybe you believe there aren't poverty stricken Americans in need of jobs, low paying as they may be. Or, maybe you just want to trade accommodations for votes to secure the future and further the liberal agenda as evidenced by your strong opposition to voter ID laws. Oops! Did I just let the cat out of the bag. Surely, you were aware of such tactics. Or, were you too preoccupied shaking your pom poms in your team's cheering section?

We are a nation of laws but what good are they when they aren't enforced.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject:

Splash1 wrote:
Thanks once again for the merge. I don't think this has much to due with politics but whatever. Perhaps this thread should be titled "THE THREAD of Topics That May Turn Political Due to Certain People's Partisanship." But since you merged it here and "bumped" it with an assumption that it must be political just by the title alone, let's go there.

24 wrote:

Thanks for the extreme left broken record mantra ad nauseam, but what does it have to do with illegals cheating the tax refund system? Your attempt to hide the fact that you merged it here without knowing the details is obvious with a statement that's barely and vaguely related. You might want to watch the news piece so that a relevant discussion can be had. But for now, since you brought it up, I'll play along.

Could it be that you support the exploitation of foreigners taking on manual labor for (bleep) wages? That sort of goes against your righteous liberal stance, doesn't it? Could it possibly be all of that sanctimonious crap is just a guise? How about we raise our standards instead of lowering them and eliminate such "exploitive, often illegal conditions" by deporting said people willing to accept those very conditions? We don't need to take on the poor of other nations when we can barely take care of our own.

Maybe you believe there aren't poverty stricken Americans in need of jobs, low paying as they may be. Or, maybe you just want to trade accommodations for votes to secure the future and further the liberal agenda as evidenced by your strong opposition to voter ID laws. Oops! Did I just let the cat out of the bag. Surely, you were aware of such tactics. Or, were you too preoccupied shaking your pom poms in your team's cheering section?

I'm open to the idea of a special tax ... if certain people in the population love supporting these causes, they can simply check off a "BOX" on their tax returns and let 10-20% of their income go right to that cause

I'm sure there will be a huge number of people willing to partake ... NOT!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject:

Splash1 wrote:

24 wrote:

>95% of post history is right-wing line toeing
>feigns indignant when political wedge issue thread is appropriately merged into giant politics thread for moderating convenience; accuses moderator of partisan bias
>posts more right-wing pablum and textbook partisan hostility

wat

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM

Last edited by C M B on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject:

CMB,

Stick to making vaguely racist remarks about apes and sass machines.

Oh, and the correct idiom is toe/toeing the line, not towing.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject:

Splash1 wrote:
CMB,

stick to making vaguely racist remarks about apes and sass machines.

Well, alright, but I haven't made any of those. Apes and sass machines come in all colors and creeds, sweetie. Old, young, black, jewish, angsty white Christian male gun nut.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Splash1 wrote:
CMB,

Well, alright, but I haven't made any of those. Apes and sass machines come in all colors and creeds, sweetie. Old, young, black, jewish, angsty white Christian male gun nut.

Sure they do, pumpkin.

How did the DOJ's rejection of your gun purchase go? Did you end up getting your Mosin Nagant or did you give up on the DROS costing you $25?

I see you edited your toe/tow mistake. Good job, sugar tush!
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

I'm open to the idea of a special tax ... if certain people in the population love supporting these causes, they can simply check off a "BOX" on their tax returns and let 10-20% of their income go right to that cause

Why not then, just make all tax optional? If you want to pay, then pay, and pay the amount you see fit.

And how about then, those who pay taxes, can drive on the roads. And the police, the fire department, the courts, are only there for those who pay.

This anarchist approach to taxation is just a lazy attempt to reduce the value of democracy. Once upon a time, the US was a team. We were brutally attacked by six carriers and 350 planes and team US went to work. We were all in it together, amazingly transforming into a military economy almost overnight, and with a high marginal tax rate of 94%. When the war ended, we had the GI bill and the interstate highway system that were examples of what the concept of team US meant post war, that lead to the expansion of the middle class from the late 40's trough the late 70's.

No one likes paying taxes. But guess what, out of the 31 countries in the OECD, the US is 31st (that would be last) in taxes as a percent of GDP:

http://www.oecd.org/eco/outlook/economicoutlookannextables.htm table 26
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject:

Splash1 wrote:
C M B wrote:
Splash1 wrote:
CMB,

Sure they do, pumpkin.

How did the DOJ's rejection of your gun purchase go? Did you end up getting your Mosin Nagant or did you give up on the DROS costing you $25?

DOJ cleared me, they just needed a new thumbprint. Waiting for my spam can rounds in the mail so I can take it out and use it...pretty excited!

I fixed it...thanks for catching my typo! See? Not every post has to be 100% angst!

KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Why not then, just make all tax optional? If you want to pay, then pay, and pay the amount you see fit.

And how about then, those who pay taxes, can drive on the roads. And the police, the fire department, the courts, are only there for those who pay.

This anarchist approach to taxation is just a lazy attempt to reduce the value of democracy. Once upon a time, the US was a team. We were brutally attacked by six carriers and 350 planes and team US went to work. We were all in it together, amazingly transforming into a military economy almost overnight, and with a high marginal tax rate of 94%. When the war ended, we had the GI bill and the interstate highway system that were examples of what the concept of team US meant post war, that lead to the expansion of the middle class from the late 40's trough the late 70's.

No one likes paying taxes. But guess what, out of the 31 countries in the OECD, the US is 31st (that would be last) in taxes as a percent of GDP:

Why do you need to take it to extreme levels?

I'm all for a utility/public service tax and a consumption tax.

Then for all the holier than thou do-gooders, then they can elect to pay extra for their "causes".

What's wrong w/that? Doesn't seem anarchist to me at all.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Splash1 wrote:
C M B wrote:
Splash1 wrote:
CMB,

Sure they do, pumpkin.

DOJ cleared me, they just needed a new thumbprint. Waiting for my spam can rounds in the mail so I can take it out and use it...pretty excited!

I fixed it...thanks for catching my typo! See? Not every post has to be 100% angst!

Hopefully I don't hear in the news about you "using" it. Kidding aside, you do know that those surplus rounds have steel in them which can cause sparks. Most ranges and even on BLM land it's not allowed because of fire hazards. Take a magnet to the bullet and if it sticks (and it will), you're a bit screwed. You're either going to have to find a range nearest to you that allows magnetic round or cough up the dough for more expensive copper and lead stuff. Now that I've rained on your parade, I'm going to go enjoy a smoothie.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Somebody brought in the big guns for todays off topic...well done...
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

Splash1 wrote:
C M B wrote:
Splash1 wrote:
C M B wrote:
Splash1 wrote:
CMB,

Sure they do, pumpkin.

Hopefully I don't hear in the news about you "using" it. Kidding aside, you do know that those surplus rounds have steel in them which can cause sparks. Most ranges and even on BLM land it's not allowed because of fire hazards. Take a magnet to the bullet and if it sticks (and it will), you're a bit screwed. You're either going to have to find a range nearest to you that allows magnetic round or cough up the dough for more expensive copper and lead stuff. Now that I've rained on your parade, I'm going to go enjoy a smoothie.

When I bought it I didn't intend on ever firing it, but after looking at some videos, I changed my mind, and am already resigned to the fact that I'm going to have to take a day off to do some driving to find an outdoor place, possibly in another state.

Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject:

Let me just enjoy this smoothie.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 886, 887, 888  Next
Page 123 of 888
Jump to: