THE Political Thread (All Political Discussion Here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 886, 887, 888  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

LINK

This is difficult to believe, execution by firing squad anti ai craft gun.

If this is true Kim Jong Un is a dangerous unstable man.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LINK

Uh, i wouldn't think youd need this to make that already quite clear.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

I know he's unstable and dangerous. It's just the weapon used to execute Hyon Yong Chol is unbelievable even for him.
Quote:
Hyon Yong Chol, who heads the isolated country's military, was purged and then executed by firing squad with an antiaircraft gun, watched by hundreds of people, South Korean media reported on Wednesday, citing the NIS's comments to a parliamentary panel.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed May 13, 2015 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like he's a kid in a candy store, full of weapons to do his bidding.

In other words, a brat.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject:

In other news, absolute power continues to corrupt absolutely ...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

I know he's unstable and dangerous. It's just the weapon used to execute Hyon Yong Chol is unbelievable even for him.
Quote:
Hyon Yong Chol, who heads the isolated country's military, was purged and then executed by firing squad with an antiaircraft gun, watched by hundreds of people, South Korean media reported on Wednesday, citing the NIS's comments to a parliamentary panel.

Someone is probably going to take a little flak for that...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LINK

The Kim family's method for getting rid of their employees would make even Donald Trump jealous.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Quote:

Someone is probably going to take a little flak for that...

Sheesh, Dear Leader sure is unforgiving; the guy is all torn up over his treacherous mistakes, isn't that enough punishment?

Too soon?

(I'll do better next time, promise ...)
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Talk about blowing something out of proportion
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Dead is dead. That AA likely provided him with a milleseconds quicker death. It would seem to be more horrific for the creepies who watched than for the victim. Again, If the end result is death, matters little how it happens since the greatest trauma is the remembering of a gruesome experience. Dead people don't have to deal with that. If you really think about it, having a nuke dropped on you would be preferable to getting stabbed to death.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Bernie Sanders reddit AMA

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/36j690/i_am_senator_bernie_sanders_democratic_candidate/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Note from mod: LEARN HOW TO POST A LINK WITHOUT STRETCHING THE THREAD.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

The above is a quick overview from Stewart on how we effed ourselves in the Middle East and how we still haven't learned.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject:

Right To Die passes California Senate

http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_28252676/right-die-bill-clears-california-senate-23-14

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
The above is a quick overview from Stewart on how we effed ourselves in the Middle East and how we still haven't learned.

When I watched that originally, I had a bit of a disagreement with Stewart. Leaving Iraq, as he did state, was due to the SOFA Bush signed, but he seems to assume that Obama could have actually signed another ("Obama's decision to pull the troops out of Iraq"), with the same guarantees to our troops as the 2008 SOFA. I don't know if Obama actually had such a choice. While I think it is possible, that is, if the US bribed the Iraqi Parliament and Maliki with more money or trips to Disneyland or whatever, it was not probable since the Iraqi people were against US troops in Iraq, and many, if not most, in the Iraqi Parliament were set against this, and certainly against the immunity the US demanded.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/no-obama-didnt-lose-iraq-107874.html

http://world.time.com/2011/10/21/iraq-not-obama-called-time-on-the-u-s-troop-presence/
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

When I watched that originally, I had a bit of a disagreement with Stewart. Leaving Iraq, as he did state, was due to the SOFA Bush signed, but he seems to assume that Obama could have actually signed another ("Obama's decision to pull the troops out of Iraq"), with the same guarantees to our troops as the 2008 SOFA. I don't know if Obama actually had such a choice. While I think it is possible, that is, if the US bribed the Iraqi Parliament and Maliki with more money or trips to Disneyland or whatever, it was not probable since the Iraqi people were against US troops in Iraq, and many, if not most, in the Iraqi Parliament were set against this, and certainly against the immunity the US demanded.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/no-obama-didnt-lose-iraq-107874.html

http://world.time.com/2011/10/21/iraq-not-obama-called-time-on-the-u-s-troop-presence/

I watched it, too. And as I was watching it, I also thought it could have been a lot better.

I wish he had explained that even the notion of "victory" in Iraq is so arbitrary and ultimately meaningless.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

I really agreed with and liked this whole article. Very concise and yet thoroughly detailed account of how oil corps were the reason and will now forever be there. What is it about our DNA that can destroy a whole country just for oil money

Why the war in Iraq was fought for Big Oil
By Antonia Juhasz, Special to CNN
Updated 7:42 AM ET, Mon April 15,

Quote:
"Of course it's about oil; we can't really deny that," said Gen. John Abizaid, former head of U.S. Central Command and Military Operations in Iraq, in 2007. Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan agreed, writing in his memoir, "I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil." Then-Sen. and now Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the same in 2007: "People say we're not fighting for oil. Of course we are."
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject:

Cruz super PAC's plan to win presidency

Quote:
Washington (CNN)The $38 million super PAC supporting Ted Cruz plans to highlight polarizing issues as part of a full-throttle plan to turn out the white evangelical voters that can power him to victory, a new document reveals.

Keep the Promise, whose strategy is detailed in a 51-slide PowerPoint presentation titled "Can He Win?" recently posted to the organization's website, mercilessly attacks 2012 presidential candidate Mitt Romney as unable to elevate "wedge issues," or divisive issues that polarize voters, to the forefront of the Republican debate. Calling Romney a "terrible candidate with a terrible campaign," the slides pillory him as a Republican who managed to squander winnable states just like every other "loser" moderate candidate.

By deploying these issues and emphasizing his Hispanic heritage and religious roots, Cruz can win the presidency, the super PAC says.

CNN
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:
Washington (CNN)The $38 million super PAC supporting Ted Cruz plans to highlight polarizing issues as part of a full-throttle plan to turn out the white evangelical voters that can power him to victory, a new document reveals.

Keep the Promise, whose strategy is detailed in a 51-slide PowerPoint presentation titled "Can He Win?" recently posted to the organization's website, mercilessly attacks 2012 presidential candidate Mitt Romney as unable to elevate "wedge issues," or divisive issues that polarize voters, to the forefront of the Republican debate. Calling Romney a "terrible candidate with a terrible campaign," the slides pillory him as a Republican who managed to squander winnable states just like every other "loser" moderate candidate.

By deploying these issues and emphasizing his Hispanic heritage and religious roots, Cruz can win the presidency, the super PAC says.

CNN

Not a chance.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

CNN

Not a chance.

Gross what these citizens waste their money on. And it is unfathomable that our political system is still run by money...generations of wasted potential.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject:

I find Ted Cruz's politics to be appalling. Having said that, let me offer a few comments about this.

1. Do not ever underestimate Ted Cruz. He is intelligent, well educated, and articulate. It is easy to dismiss him because of his extreme views, but he is easily the smartest presidential candidate in the field and possibly the smartest candidate of this era. He is a terrific debater. If things fall right for him, he will humiliate the other GOP candidates in the coming debates.

2. When he ran for Senate, his opponent was a well-financed, well-respected conservative lieutenant governor (which is the most powerful post in Texas state government). Cruz was a longshot underdog. He crushed his opponent. He is relentlessly conservative and skillful at turning the tables on establishment candidates. I watched part of the debate, and it was just brutal. Some people will write this off as "Texas politics," but the GOP primaries around the country are not that different. Most of the establishment candidates have compromised at some point, or are moderate on some issues, and Cruz will stuff that down their throats.

3. His game plan is pure genius. He wins the GOP nomination by exposing the establishment candidates as weak (from the perspective of the right) and compromised. Then he takes on Hillary in the general election. Instead of moving to the middle, he stays right and fires up the GOP base with the wedge issues. Most Democrats find Hillary to be uninspiring. Key Democratic constituencies (minorities, the poor, etc.) voluntarily disenfranchise themselves by not bothering to vote. He presents a confident, aggressive image (ala Reagan), crushes Hillary in the debates, and beats her at the polls.

4. This is the perfect strategy for Cruz. Basically, he is betting that the fervor on the right will generate high voter turnout behind an unflinching conservative message, while the left will underestimate him and stay home. This could happen.

5. Cruz's biggest weakness, ironically, is the birthers. No matter what some of you may think of the birthers, most of them are not hypocrites. They are not buying into the legal argument that Cruz is eligible to be elected president. After all, that would mean that Obama was eligible even if he was born in Kenya. This is going to be a problem for Cruz in the GOP primaries. If he gets to the general election, the birthers are not going to vote for Hillary.

6. Cruz's other major weakness is his image as a loose cannon from Texas. He is often portrayed as a guy who is all about himself and who cannot work with others. This is essentially true. I foresee a lot of people on the far right thinking that they like what Cruz is saying, but that they can't take the risk of him turning out to be unelectable. Will they buy into his game plan? It could happen, but he has a hard sales job ahead of him.

A few years ago, I saw Michelle Bachmann bemoaning the fact that the GOP kept nominating "electable" candidates and that the "real" conservatives kept being told that they needed to compromise. Cruz is aiming for that sentiment. Heaven help us if he pulls it off.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Bill Clinton Is Sorry For A Lot Of Things

Bill Clinton owns up.

Here are some of the mistakes he keeps apologizing for.

Quote:
As president, Bill Clinton was wrong about Wall Street deregulation and various elements of his foreign policy, pushed trade policies that painfully drove up drug prices around the world, sowed chaos in Mexico through his prosecution of the drug war and exacerbated the problem of mass incarceration through an overly punitive approach to sentencing.

It may be a harsh judgment, but it's one that carries weight considering the source: former President Bill Clinton.

Unlike a lot of politicians, Clinton has shown a willingness to own up to his mistakes. Earlier this week, he offered a mea culpa around sentencing at the NAACP convention. Here's an incomplete list of policies he pursued as president that he has since acknowledged were not the best choices.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...0896514d0e220?
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Bill Clinton Is Sorry For A Lot Of Things

ribeye wrote:
Bill Clinton owns up.

Quote:
As president, Bill Clinton was wrong about Wall Street deregulation and various elements of his foreign policy, pushed trade policies that painfully drove up drug prices around the world, sowed chaos in Mexico through his prosecution of the drug war and exacerbated the problem of mass incarceration through an overly punitive approach to sentencing.

It may be a harsh judgment, but it's one that carries weight considering the source: former President Bill Clinton.

Unlike a lot of politicians, Clinton has shown a willingness to own up to his mistakes. Earlier this week, he offered a mea culpa around sentencing at the NAACP convention. Here's an incomplete list of policies he pursued as president that he has since acknowledged were not the best choices.

Link doesn't work for me, nor without ? mark, but is Rwanda on this?
And these judgments aren't nearly harsh enough I'd guess on some of these.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Bill Clinton Is Sorry For A Lot Of Things

focus wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Bill Clinton owns up.

Quote:

Link doesn't work for me, nor without ? mark,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-clinton-is-sorry_55a83397e4b0896514d0e220

Quote:
but is Rwanda on this?

Yes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject:

New era in ties begins as Cuba raises flag at embassy in US

LINK

Good move on our part. We won't change the way the people are treated by embargos, that change has to come from within.

AH you'll be tested to know the difference between authentic Cuban and fake Cuban cigars.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 886, 887, 888  Next
Page 153 of 888
Jump to: