THE Political Thread (All Political Discussion Here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 886, 887, 888  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 71-72 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I hope The Donald goes the Independent Party route. It'll have the Ross Perot effect. Taking that path would almost assure a Democratic victory.

Are you hopeful because you think a Democrat win is a good thing? Look at what the Republicans are doing in Congress. They're doing what the Democrats did under Pelosi: strike trade deals with international interests where we who elect these bought and paid fors get no say in how it effects us, eliminate state laws demanding GMO food be labeled as such.

Just like Obama care where we don't get to read the contract before the vote (would you buy a car that way?), the Republicans wouldn't let any of us read the TTP. How representational?!!

Both parties represent the same people, the 1%. If Trump runs as an independent and really does care for us and our ability to scratch out a living, it should be hoped that he wins. Not Clinton, not Bush.

I get the impression you're a Republican. I won't get into why I want the Democratic party to win. I'll simply say it's the party for the less than 1%, which I'm a part of.

IMO if he runs as a Independent MY party, Democratic, will win the election.

Clinton left the country with a balanced budget and no wars. Within 6 months Bush spent the surplus and got us into a war.

Trump's filed bankruptcy 4 times. How many jobs did he create, make it possible for people to scratch out a living? IMO he's all about himself.

As I said I hope he runs as a Independent.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lakers 71-72 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I hope The Donald goes the Independent Party route. It'll have the Ross Perot effect. Taking that path would almost assure a Democratic victory.

Are you hopeful because you think a Democrat win is a good thing? Look at what the Republicans are doing in Congress. They're doing what the Democrats did under Pelosi: strike trade deals with international interests where we who elect these bought and paid fors get no say in how it effects us, eliminate state laws demanding GMO food be labeled as such.

Just like Obama care where we don't get to read the contract before the vote (would you buy a car that way?), the Republicans wouldn't let any of us read the TTP. How representational?!!

Both parties represent the same people, the 1%. If Trump runs as an independent and really does care for us and our ability to scratch out a living, it should be hoped that he wins. Not Clinton, not Bush.

I get the impression you're a Republican. I won't get into why I want the Democratic party to win. I'll simply say it's the party for the less than 1%, which I'm a part of.

Clinton left the country with a balanced budget and no wars. Within 6 months Bush spent the surplus and got us into a war.

Trump's filed bankruptcy 4 times. How many jobs did he create, make it possible for people to scratch out a living? IMO he's all about himself.

Not sure how you got the impression I'm a republican when I just reemed the sitting congressional majority which is republican.

So, Bill Clinton balanced the budget. Bill Clinton also signed NAFTA and GATT. If you like unions which most democrats do, Bill screwed over the unions--his own constituency--but the entire manufacturing base of this country. We are reduced to a service economy.

Further, Bill repealed Glass-Steagle. He is now on record--and I commend him for his honesty--saying that he made a mistake. As you probably know the repealing of Glass-Steagle allowed Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers and AIG leverage themselves to the precipice with CDOs. Bush takes the torch from Clinton and provides no oversight and since we're transitioning guilt from one party to the next, let's bring in Phil Graham who pushed for the repeal of Glass Steagle from the republican side.

So, you have Bush starting Bologna wars, racking up tons of debt and Obama basically continuing Bush's disastrous policies.

The point is that you think you're being represented. I know for certain if either Hillary or Jeb get in, we all lose. Our economy will continue to be constricted and debt will continue to pile up.

I don't know if Trump is actually going to work for the people who VOTE him in office. He could be the same figure head for the 1% as Hill or Jeb will certainly be. But with Trump, he gets a short leash. With the other two, we're looking at a long 8 years.

So, now that I've pontificated and gave some examples that both parties are corrupt fronts for the criminal elite that lives off our labor and our naïveté, I have to ask what insight you have to think the democrats and republicans are different parties?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Final Contestants for BashObamaThon 2015 Announced (AKA: 1st Republican Debates)

Fox News said Tuesday that the following Republican presidential candidates will all appear on Thursday for the first prime-time debate of the primary season:

Donald Trump,
Jeb Bush,
Scott Walker,
Mike Huckabee,
Ben Carson,
Ted Cruz,
Marco Rubio,
Rand Paul, C
Chris Christie
John Kasich

The seven other major declared candidates will participate in a Losers Round prior to the kickoff to the actual debate:

Rick Perry,
Rick Santorum,
Bobby Jindal,
Carly Fiorina,
Lindsey Graham,
George Pataki,
Jim Gilmore

Door Prizes have not been announced, but rumors are that free lifetime subscriptions to "Shoeless Moms" & "And Baby Makes 10" magazines are in the offing, with complimentary tickets to the Hit Musical "You're a Good Obedient Wife" being given to all contestants.

LooneyPalooza 2015
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.

Last edited by Aussiesuede on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject:

I think the loser round looks just as entertaining as the main event.

What's the over/under on someone being decapitated?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject:

If we're going to discuss politics we should do so respectfully. Otherwise it will be locked, or banned altogether like it used to be.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Thread title is childish tribalism and completely unsurprising.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Not gonna lie I planned my entire day around this event.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Is this debate going to be on the Fox News channel or the regular Fox network channel? I would watch just to see who else is on Donald Trumps hate list...
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Is this debate going to be on the Fox News channel or the regular Fox network channel? I would watch just to see who else is on Donald Trumps hate list...

Quote:
Moderated by Baier, Kelly and Wallace, the coverage for the Fox News-Facebook Republican debate starts at 8:50p ET on Fox News Channel. After the two-hour debate, stay with Fox News for a live "Kelly File," followed by a live "Hannity" at midnight ET.

I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Is this debate going to be on the Fox News channel or the regular Fox network channel?

It will air on Fox News and stream on their website.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
If we're going to discuss politics we should do so respectfully. Otherwise it will be locked, or banned altogether like it used to be.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject:

The BBC Breaks Down the Contestants:
Quote:

Welcome to the first US presidential primary debate - the first round in the longest electoral game show in the world. Ten lucky Republican candidates have managed to squeeze in enough name-recognition to win a spot on stage.

Since politics in the US is a spectator sport, we've added some tips on how to play along at home.

Divide the candidates among your friends, and see who gets the highest score.

Now let's meet our contestants. Come on down...

Contestant Bios
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject:

This should be merged into the Political Thread.
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Did a 4 year-old write the title to this thread?

What would have been the problem with creating a thread that simply broke the news that the 10-person debate was formally set, then see if an adult-level discussion followed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

This is 24's baby. I don't think he'll lock it. IMO he'll warn first. Let's be adults.

August 4, 1961 Happy Birthday President Obama.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

I really hope the debate doesn't disappoint. It feels like it won't be as exciting as everyone assumes it will be. Hope I'm wrong.

On the other hand, it's also embarrassing to see that the GOP has become a joke. Most people that will watch this will do it for the entertainment, not to hear something intelligent. Out of 10 candidates on the stage (and the few who aren't invited to the main debate), there are maybe three who are seriously running for president. The rest just want exposure to increase their speaking fees in the future and to whore themselves out to some billionaire donor. It's sad.
Love&Peace
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I dont vote and kinda have an apathetic view on politics.

Me on the issues:

Pro:
Vat tax, free trade, Glass-Steagle, single payer healthcare, free college, choice, gay marriage, cutting military, renewable energy, legalization.

Anti:
Income tax, corporate tax, sales tax, isolationism, unions, government pensions, boots on the ground, bail outs.

Not sure if im a Democrat or Republican, dont really care.

Russell. Williams
Clarkson. JBrown
Kobe. Young
Randle. Bass
Hibbert. Black
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:

Lakers_2000 wrote:

What would have been the problem with creating a thread that simply broke the news that the 10-person debate was formally set, then see if an adult-level discussion followed.

So, to make a partisan remark regarding politics is childish? Or is it only childish when that remark goes against one's rigid ideological dogmatic belief system? Obama has been attacked relentlessly and all one has to do is turn on AM radio or Watch Fox or Fox B team (Fox Business) or One America News for 15 minutes, usually far less, to be inundated with such propaganda.

But I do have a problem with the title myself, as I think it is incorrect. I think it should read:

Final Contestants for BashObama/HillaryThon 2015 Announced (AKA: 1st Republican Debates)

But, hey, maybe we are wrong and the candidates will offer sound solutions with actual plans. . . .
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

Lakers_2000 wrote:

So, to make a partisan remark regarding politics is childish? Or is it only childish when that remark goes against one's rigid ideological dogmatic belief system? Obama has been attacked relentlessly and all one has to do is turn on AM radio or Watch Fox or Fox B team (Fox Business) or One America News for 15 minutes, usually far less, to be inundated with such propaganda.

But I do have a problem with the title myself, as I think it is incorrect. I think it should read:

Final Contestants for BashObama/HillaryThon 2015 Announced (AKA: 1st Republican Debates)

But, hey, maybe we are wrong and the candidates will offer sound solutions with actual plans. . . .

Obviously that's the case.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:

Fox announces debate roster, Perry left out

LINK

Trump's leading the polls 23%, Bush second 13% I'm not a political aficionado but those leading the polls Bush and Trump are among the worst of the worst.

Any ideas on why Perry was left completely out? Will the five left out be allowed a debate at a lower level in the near future?

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lakers 71-72 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It isn't, but keep believing that. And the over simplistic comments about Clinton leaving us with no wars but Bush getting us into one is a good example of tunnel vision and not big picture thinking. It was Clinton's lax international policy that created the war that Bush got us in.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

Trump's leading the polls 23%, Bush second 13% I'm not a political aficionado but those leading the polls Bush and Trump are among the worst of the worst.

Any ideas on why Perry was left completely out? Will the five left out be allowed a debate at a lower level in the near future?

Perry was left out because they took the Top 10 in the polls. The other candidates who didn't make a cut will participate in a secondary debate that will air tomorrow before the main debate.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Lakers 71-72 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It isn't, but keep believing that.

OK Are you of the school there is no party for the 1%?

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

The Seven who did not make the main event will be participating in a mini-debate on the undercard prior to the main event.

Fox chose the contestants based on combined poll averages. Those with the top 10 combined poll averages are in the main draw, and the remaining 7 on the Undercard.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Quote:
Moderated by Baier, Kelly and Wallace, the coverage for the Fox News-Facebook Republican debate starts at 8:50p ET on Fox News Channel. After the two-hour debate, stay with Fox News for a live "Kelly File," followed by a live "Hannity" at midnight ET.

How uninspiring.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 886, 887, 888  Next
Page 156 of 888
Jump to: