Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
^ That ending scene with the Spy's Goodbye was well done. Sure wish Bobbi and Hunter would've been able to finish out the season.

Hope the Marvel's Most Wanted pilot will get picked up by ABC. Even though Palicki's luck with pilots/new series hasn't been great, maybe the 4th (5th?) time's a charm.

It'll help that their characters have already been established well by the mothership. I just hope that if they don't get picked up, they find their way back. A series with the two seems intriguing so I'll be eagerly awaiting.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
K2 wrote:
^ That ending scene with the Spy's Goodbye was well done. Sure wish Bobbi and Hunter would've been able to finish out the season.

Hope the Marvel's Most Wanted pilot will get picked up by ABC. Even though Palicki's luck with pilots/new series hasn't been great, maybe the 4th (5th?) time's a charm.

It'll help that their characters have already been established well by the mothership. I just hope that if they don't get picked up, they find their way back. A series with the two seems intriguing so I'll be eagerly awaiting.

That scene was very well done and I seriously almost shed a thug tear! I'm loving AoS so much and I'm tied in with the characters. Between that and Daredevil I'm a super happy nerd right now lol.

Agent Carter I really enjoyed too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

That scene was very well done and I seriously almost shed a thug tear! I'm loving AoS so much and I'm tied in with the characters. Between that and Daredevil I'm a super happy nerd right now lol.

Have been on cloud 9 with these shows, one of the most satisfying stretches of tv (or streaming) in long time. Hope AC will get a third season, there's a chance for Atwell do both AC and the new ABC pilot Conviction, if they both land on the schedule.

Can't say enough about Bobbi/Hunter's chemistry and charisma, the pair made AoS that much more enjoyable. Will be very much looking forward to the new series as well, they should be in good hands with exec producer Jeffrey Bell. In case the stars don't align for MMW, I think they'll be back one way or another.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
K2 wrote:

Yeah, my tear was manly as hell too. Damn straight.

Btw, does AC get better as it progresses? Just saw the first episode and while I like the entire premise and "feel", it feels kind of like it's plodding along.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Have been on cloud 9 with these shows, one of the most satisfying stretches of tv (or streaming) in long time. Hope AC will get a third season, there's a chance for Atwell do both AC and the new ABC pilot Conviction, if they both land on the schedule.

Can't say enough about Bobbi/Hunter's chemistry and charisma, the pair made AoS that much more enjoyable. Will be very much looking forward to the new series as well, they should be in good hands with exec producer Jeffrey Bell. In case the stars don't align for MMW, I think they'll be back one way or another.

Completely agreed! And yeah the way they wrote Bobbi and Hunter off was perfect because it does leave the window for them to come back. They could even get a prequel or flashback episode in a future season to explain what they've been doing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
K2 wrote:

Btw, does AC get better as it progresses? Just saw the first episode and while I like the entire premise and "feel", it feels kind of like it's plodding along.

Yup, it does JB. Pretty much just like AOS it starts off slow and then gains momentum. The thing I loved about season 2 is how much the characters have changed since the first season. And when stuff happens you get really attached like Bobbi and Hunter. Jarvis is so my homie rn lol
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
K2 wrote:

Yup, it does JB. Pretty much just like AOS it starts off slow and then gains momentum. The thing I loved about season 2 is how much the characters have changed since the first season. And when stuff happens you get really attached like Bobbi and Hunter. Jarvis is so my homie rn lol

Agent Carter is one of my favorite shows but it doesn't resonate with a lot of people judging by its low ratings. I really enjoyed the additions of Jarvis' wife Anna and Whitney Frost this season. Haley Atwell pretty much confirmed AC will be back for another season. Confirmation from ABC should come some time in May.

Bummed Bobbi and Hunter are off AoS. Hunter was one of the few characters with a personality. Hoping their "Most Wanted" series gets picked up and does well. Thankfully, ABC has backed their Marvel properties.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
K2 wrote:

Tell yah the truth, Bobbi and Hunter would make a more compelling duo/spin off than Black Widow/Hawkeye. The former have character and are endearing. The latter (ESPECIALLY Black Widow) is canned and stereotypical of their archetypes.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

Agent Carter is one of my favorite shows but it doesn't resonate with a lot of people judging by its low ratings. I really enjoyed the additions of Jarvis' wife Anna and Whitney Frost this season. Haley Atwell pretty much confirmed AC will be back for another season. Confirmation from ABC should come some time in May.

Bummed Bobbi and Hunter are off AoS. Hunter was one of the few characters with a personality. Hoping their "Most Wanted" series gets picked up and does well. Thankfully, ABC has backed their Marvel properties.

Yeah I don't get that! Maybe people don't like the time period? And including Jarvis' wife does wonders because you get to see a different side of him. I don't wanna include spoilers, but his character arc was very interesting to me.

jonnybravo wrote:

Tell yah the truth, Bobbi and Hunter would make a more compelling duo/spin off than Black Widow/Hawkeye. The former have character and are endearing. The latter (ESPECIALLY Black Widow) is canned and stereotypical of their archetypes.

Yup, and especially because they're in an on again/off again relationship it makes thing interesting. Just that conversation they had with Mack last week about Inhuman powers had me dying lol
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Yeah I don't get that! Maybe people don't like the time period? And including Jarvis' wife does wonders because you get to see a different side of him. I don't wanna include spoilers, but his character arc was very interesting to me.

jonnybravo wrote:

Yup, and especially because they're in an on again/off again relationship it makes thing interesting. Just that conversation they had with Mack last week about Inhuman powers had me dying lol

Could be. That's what I think sank the first Captain America movie (that and they managed to turn what was a quality effort by Joe Johnston into just a 2 hr teaser for Avengers).

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject:

This week's episode was a little slow, but I liked all the tie ins to Agent Carter, Civil War, Avengers, etc. I also like these short breaks we get into each character's family and personal lives

Plus it never dawned on me how much killing goes on in AOS. Makes it blend in much better with DD and JJ. You just don't see as much blood
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

Anybody watch the premier this week?

I thought it was dope! Quake and Ghost Rider have like a Daredevil and Punisher dynamic. I also liked how the Sokovia Accords has affected the show
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

It feels darker than before.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
It feels darker than before.

Yeah, that big blood splatter when Ghost Rider took out that dude's spine threw me for a loop lol

Last edited by 22 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
This week's episode was a little slow, but I liked all the tie ins to Agent Carter, Civil War, Avengers, etc. I also like these short breaks we get into each character's family and personal lives

Plus it never dawned on me how much killing goes on in AOS. Makes it blend in much better with DD and JJ. You just don't see as much blood

They should've kept Agent Carter. It would've been best on Netflix.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:

AGREED. I think fans are pushing for that to happen. Don't know if it will though. I loved Agent Carter
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:

AGREED. I think fans are pushing for that to happen. Don't know if it will though. I loved Agent Carter

We'll just have to wait for Atwell's new ABC's new uncreative drama to fizzle out and then she can return.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:

What was the tie-in in this week's episode to Agent Carter? I missed it.

Not sure how this Ghost Rider storyline is going to mesh with AoS as it moves from science into religious aspects of heaven and hell. Do they cross paths in the comics? Does this story have anything to do with the Dr. Strange movie?

When did Ghost Rider stop riding a motorcycle? That was one of the coolest things about him IMO. Does this Ghost Rider not have the power to look into people's souls?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:

What was the tie-in in this week's episode to Agent Carter? I missed it.

Not sure how this Ghost Rider storyline is going to mesh with AoS as it moves from science into religious aspects of heaven and hell. Do they cross paths in the comics? Does this story have anything to do with the Dr. Strange movie?

When did Ghost Rider stop riding a motorcycle? That was one of the coolest things about him IMO. Does this Ghost Rider not have the power to look into people's souls?

That quote from me was from an episode last season. I haven't seen any AC references this season, although it's only been one episode.

I'm guessing the Ghost Rider story this season will somehow tie into Dr. Strange. Idk how just yet.

This is not the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider who rode the motorcycle. (The one Nic Cage played in the movie). This is Robbie Reyes who has a different back story. In the lore Ghost Rider is the spirit of vengeance and he can inhabit people's bodies.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:

We'll just have to wait for Atwell's new ABC's new uncreative drama to fizzle out and then she can return.

Wouldn't be surprised if the show gets tossed out for a mid-season replacement. Looking forward for AC to be back before too long.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if the show gets tossed out for a mid-season replacement. Looking forward for AC to be back before too long.

Hoping the network execs get a brain and realize this.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I've ignored this show until now.

I wasn't sold on the new ghostrider at first but man, that character is Netflix worthy. If I have to watch AOS to see it so be it. I'll just DVR the season so I can skip through all the other terrible story and acting tossed in as filler.

That said, as sad as it is they actually did a better job with Ghostrider in one episode than the two films combined.

As a side note, now that Robbie Ramirez is the new Ghostrider I can finally stop imagining Johnny Bravo's dawson avatar with its head on fire....
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject:

i finally caught up on this show. 66 episodes.. whew..I like it.. The women on this show are gorgeous.. Simmons and Daisy.. beautiful.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
i finally caught up on this show. 66 episodes.. whew..I like it.. The women on this show are gorgeous.. Simmons and Daisy.. beautiful.

indeed!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

No mention of the ageless Ming Na Wen?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20
Jump to: