Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 28176

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject:

(bleep) it. I should have waited until the whole season was out before bingeing it. Another damn week until the next episode!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 7828

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
(bleep) it. I should have waited until the whole season was out before bingeing it. Another damn week until the next episode!


You should stick to Netflix then cause every other damn network does the weekly thing.
_________________
Lonzo BI PG LeBron Randle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22371

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
(bleep) it. I should have waited until the whole season was out before bingeing it. Another damn week until the next episode!


Waiting for the Season (Series?) Finale on May 16 won't get any easier after next week's episode. Sure glad they brought on Mallory Jansen this season, didn't think I'd tune in much without Bobbi (and Hunter) there.

spoilers / speculation wrote:

With Ghost Rider coming back for the finale, I'm resigned to the possibility that newly generated AIDA/Ophelia will be on the wrong side of the Penance Stare. Sigh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 28176

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
(bleep) it. I should have waited until the whole season was out before bingeing it. Another damn week until the next episode!


Waiting for the Season (Series?) Finale on May 16 won't get any easier after next week's episode. Sure glad they brought on Mallory Jansen this season, didn't think I'd tune in much without Bobbi (and Hunter) there.

spoilers / speculation wrote:

With Ghost Rider coming back for the finale, I'm resigned to the possibility that newly generated AIDA/Ophelia will be on the wrong side of the Penance Stare. Sigh.


I'm hoping against hope that you're wrong. Im also hoping that the show is renewed for season five. The show has been remarkable since that lackluster first half of season one before the Winter Soldier twist. If only they could have held onto more of their initial audience until then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 28176

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

If anyone else is more than a little in love with Mallory Jansen and would like to see her in something else, she was perfect in her role on Galavant too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22371

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

^Galavant was underrated, didn't realize what I had missed until AOS went on winter hiatus and got a chance to catch up on Mallory's previous series. One could draw some parallels with Queen Madalena and AIDA's affinity...

spoiler spoiler wrote:


for power and the path that both took to obtain it. Not to mention they both gained an ability to teleport. That scene with Ophelia and Fitz reminded me of the Galavant series finale when Madalena suddenly teleported out of the battlefield doing the D'Dew.




As for the earlier speculation, yeah hope I am completely wrong and the writers don't go there. Ratings have improved since the hiatus so I'm cautiously optimistic for a season five, no doubt it's going to be a close call.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15871

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Man oh man do I hope there's a Season 5!! This week's episode was so good!! We need MOAR!!
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22371

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Man oh man do I hope there's a Season 5!! This week's episode was so good!! We need MOAR!!


Had to watch the latest episode a few times, what a (bleep) rollercoaster before next week's finale.

As for season for Season 5:

RENEWED.

https://mobile.twitter.com/clarkgregg/status/862814568665370624

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 28176

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
22 wrote:
Man oh man do I hope there's a Season 5!! This week's episode was so good!! We need MOAR!!


Had to watch the latest episode a few times, what a (bleep) rollercoaster before next week's finale.

As for season for Season 5:

RENEWED.

https://mobile.twitter.com/clarkgregg/status/862814568665370624



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 23969

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Hell hath no fury...
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 28176

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Hell hath no fury...


Mallory Jansen's reaction there was incredible. I'm hoping she sticks around as a recurring villain, but I doubt it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22371

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Hell hath no fury...


Mallory Jansen's reaction there was incredible. I'm hoping she sticks around as a recurring villain, but I doubt it.


Her range is off the charts, that was quite a performance. She's now done four characters this season. If they can bring back ____ each season, they can find a way to bring her back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22371

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Season finale tonight!


Btw, season 5 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be moved to Friday's at 9pm. Traditionally, it's a crappy time slot, but this series has been particularly resilient with a delayed viewing audience. At least it's a 22 episode order. First episode will follow after 8 episodes of the new Inhuman series.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/abc-2017-18-fall-schedule-blackish-once-upon-a-time-shark-tank-1202428491/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Season finale tonight!


Btw, season 5 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be moved to Friday's at 9pm. Traditionally, it's a crappy time slot, but this series has been particularly resilient with a delayed viewing audience. At least it's a 22 episode order. First episode will follow after 8 episodes of the new Inhuman series.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/abc-2017-18-fall-schedule-blackish-once-upon-a-time-shark-tank-1202428491/


Network TV executives are and always have been morons. Fridays are the kiss of death when it comes to TV shows. And for what? Another (bleep) and unfunny comedy that'll likely get cancelled within a few dozen episodes? There's a reason HBO and Co. are running rings around the broadcast networks and it's because of morons pandering to other morons.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22371

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
K2 wrote:
Season finale tonight!


Btw, season 5 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be moved to Friday's at 9pm. Traditionally, it's a crappy time slot, but this series has been particularly resilient with a delayed viewing audience. At least it's a 22 episode order. First episode will follow after 8 episodes of the new Inhuman series.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/abc-2017-18-fall-schedule-blackish-once-upon-a-time-shark-tank-1202428491/


Network TV executives are and always have been morons. Fridays are the kiss of death when it comes to TV shows. And for what? Another (bleep) and unfunny comedy that'll likely get cancelled within a few dozen episodes? There's a reason HBO and Co. are running rings around the broadcast networks and it's because of morons pandering to other morons.


After what they did to Agent Carter, I don't know how these network (bleep)s can still keep a job. You had called it long before the first episode of Conviction aired that it would get canned. Now they're bringing in some lame dramedy at AoS' 10pm Tuesday slot which will likely need a mid-season replacement. No one is buying their piss-poor excuse for putting AoS in the kod Friday slot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
K2 wrote:
Season finale tonight!


Btw, season 5 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be moved to Friday's at 9pm. Traditionally, it's a crappy time slot, but this series has been particularly resilient with a delayed viewing audience. At least it's a 22 episode order. First episode will follow after 8 episodes of the new Inhuman series.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/abc-2017-18-fall-schedule-blackish-once-upon-a-time-shark-tank-1202428491/


Network TV executives are and always have been morons. Fridays are the kiss of death when it comes to TV shows. And for what? Another (bleep) and unfunny comedy that'll likely get cancelled within a few dozen episodes? There's a reason HBO and Co. are running rings around the broadcast networks and it's because of morons pandering to other morons.


After what they did to Agent Carter, I don't know how these network (bleep)s can still keep a job. You had called it long before the first episode of Conviction aired that it would get canned. Now they're bringing in some lame dramedy at AoS' 10pm Tuesday slot which will likely need a mid-season replacement. No one is buying their piss-poor excuse for putting AoS in the kod Friday slot.


CBS is filled with crappy derivative cop/unfunny comedy(aka Chuck Lorre)/Reality series. NBC has endless Chicago municipal services shows like Chicago PD/FD/Med/Law/Maintenance/Library/Power&Water/Waste Management. ABC is basically the overrated and hackneyed Shonda Rhimes battery and a Marvel show.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22371

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
K2 wrote:
rwongega wrote:


Network TV executives are and always have been morons. Fridays are the kiss of death when it comes to TV shows. And for what? Another (bleep) and unfunny comedy that'll likely get cancelled within a few dozen episodes? There's a reason HBO and Co. are running rings around the broadcast networks and it's because of morons pandering to other morons.


After what they did to Agent Carter, I don't know how these network (bleep)s can still keep a job. You had called it long before the first episode of Conviction aired that it would get canned. Now they're bringing in some lame dramedy at AoS' 10pm Tuesday slot which will likely need a mid-season replacement. No one is buying their piss-poor excuse for putting AoS in the kod Friday slot.


CBS is filled with crappy derivative cop/unfunny comedy(aka Chuck Lorre)/Reality series. NBC has endless Chicago municipal services shows like Chicago PD/FD/Med/Law/Maintenance/Library/Power&Water/Waste Management. ABC is basically the overrated and hackneyed Shonda Rhimes battery and a Marvel show.


No doubt the execs at NothingButChicago would have a field day greenlighting those spinoffs. Chicago Maintenance (Pothole Division?) and Chicago Waste Management would probably get full season commitments. Concur with the tired Shonda-laden line-up on ABC and the unappetizing CBS offerings, the state of network tv these days leaves a lot to be desired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
K2 wrote:
rwongega wrote:


Network TV executives are and always have been morons. Fridays are the kiss of death when it comes to TV shows. And for what? Another (bleep) and unfunny comedy that'll likely get cancelled within a few dozen episodes? There's a reason HBO and Co. are running rings around the broadcast networks and it's because of morons pandering to other morons.


After what they did to Agent Carter, I don't know how these network (bleep)s can still keep a job. You had called it long before the first episode of Conviction aired that it would get canned. Now they're bringing in some lame dramedy at AoS' 10pm Tuesday slot which will likely need a mid-season replacement. No one is buying their piss-poor excuse for putting AoS in the kod Friday slot.


CBS is filled with crappy derivative cop/unfunny comedy(aka Chuck Lorre)/Reality series. NBC has endless Chicago municipal services shows like Chicago PD/FD/Med/Law/Maintenance/Library/Power&Water/Waste Management. ABC is basically the overrated and hackneyed Shonda Rhimes battery and a Marvel show.


No doubt the execs at NothingButChicago would have a field day greenlighting those spinoffs. Chicago Maintenance (Pothole Division?) and Chicago Waste Management would probably get full season commitments. Concur with the tired Shonda-laden line-up on ABC and the unappetizing CBS offerings, the state of network tv these days leaves a lot to be desired.


The fallacy of using Nielson boxes.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22371

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
K2 wrote:

[...] the state of network tv these days leaves a lot to be desired.


The fallacy of using Nielson boxes.


Not to mention Nielsen doesn't plan on eliminating those outdated paper ratings diaries until *next* year. All of that talk of catching up to comScore on measuring digital platforms seems to be wishful thinking. Until then, more of NCIS Boise/Hemet/Albuquerque on the way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22371

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Quite a season finale, thought it was a bit rushed...
Spoilers-Spoilers wrote:



....but glad to see the team together for the Last Supper.

Guest stars this season:
- John Hannah as Radcliffe, thought he went out with a bang despite the TS Eliot quote.
- Mallory Jansen as AIDA/Agnes/MadameHydra/inHumanOphelia, too bad she won't be back next season. Had been hoping she'd redeem herself, but it was not meant to be.
- Gabriel Luna as Ghost Rider - one of the highlights of this season, didn't see the CoulsonRider coming at all.

Good thing there's a Season 5 to resolve the questions about that last scene in space. They're saying it's not SWORD since that's part of Fox's Xmen territory.




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15871

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Dang freaking EXCELLENT finale!! So glad there's a season 5 even if it is on Fridays. I'm a Hulu watcher anyways.

spoilers wrote:

If it's not SWORD I have no clue who it is!! My first instinct/guess was skills but fox owns them too. Oh man if this is setting up for SHIELD to have a role in infinity War I'm gonna lose my nerdy little Mind!

_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15871

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Hell hath no fury...


Mallory Jansen's reaction there was incredible. I'm hoping she sticks around as a recurring villain, but I doubt it.


Makes me glad I never had a crazy ex girlfriend lol
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Posts: 14329
Location: unfortunately not Los Angeles anymore

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Hell hath no fury...


Mallory Jansen's reaction there was incredible. I'm hoping she sticks around as a recurring villain, but I doubt it.


Makes me glad I never had a crazy ex girlfriend lol


its terrible when they're beautiful.. you keep taking them back.. but then realize what a terrible mistake it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22371

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

Update: Season 5 will premiere on January 5, 2018. It will run 22 episodes without a break. [Article]

In case anyone was wondering where Bobbi ended up:
Adrianne Palicki will be starring in a new Seth MacFarlane series The Orville on Fox. -\link/-

Trailer for The Orville. (Warning it is as cringeworthy as it gets. Yet another Palicki series that's not likely going to last.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej24W8gcmXQ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15871

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe you ain't lyin!! My girl rn is so gorgeous she could easily mind control me if she wanted to lol. But she's one of the good ones so I don't have to worry about that

Thanks for the update K2! Man j can't wat for season 5
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB