Official 2013-2014 Los Angeles Kings Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Official 2013-2014 Los Angeles Kings Thread

Kings with a nice comeback win last night at Minnesota to open the season. First of many in a long journey to getting back the cup.

Quick in excellent form. First goal allowed was a bogus kick-in that they should have disallowed, and the second, Minnesota was on the powerplay and he had no chance on that one timer.

I'll miss Scuderi, but I can't stress how happy I am that Mitchell is back. One of the best defensive defensemen in the league who slides right in for Scud's absence.

At it again tonight against Winnipeg. Should be a tough game there in front of the crowd, especially considering Scrivens will likely be in net...

2013-2014 Schedule

Team Stats

League Standings
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject:

The Kings are in the best period of their history right now.

Should be a very exciting season, I also love getting Mitchell back...would have loved Scuderi to stay also but you can't keep everyone.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
The Kings are in the best period of their history right now.

Should be a very exciting season, I also love getting Mitchell back...would have loved Scuderi to stay also but you can't keep everyone.

As a fan who sat through some rough times and was able to watch this group of kids grow, it's a true joy to be able to see them as an elite team in the league now.

As for last night...Rough game. Get the first goal, then give up four unanswered. Quick is historically bad on back-to-backs and last night was no exception, although in fairness I will say the skaters in front of him let him down as well. I do wish the Kings would have played Scrivens though and that let JQ rest for the home opener. Was nice to see the team almost come back there at the end. Not unexpected considering this team's championship heart.

Back to Staples against NY for the opener now.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Summing up last night's train wreck.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
Quickie has more brain farts in between the pipes than any other elite level goaltender in NHL History!

He makes some of the most risky and downright boneheaded decisions in net than any other elite level Goaltender I've ever seen!

If he was Stephane Fiset or Robb Stauber it wouldn't bother me as much I guess.

Very frustrating when it's arguably your best player on the ice!
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject:

MAJIC wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:
Quickie has more brain farts in between the pipes than any other elite level goaltender in NHL History!

He makes some of the most risky and downright boneheaded decisions in net than any other elite level Goaltender I've ever seen!

For as amazing as he is between the pipes, when he leaves the net to play the puck, he may be one of the worst ever...It's just a total 180. An utter trainwreck when he leaves the net to go play the puck. If last years cough up in the playoffs against Steen wasn't enough, this one surely capped it off. They need to tie him in there and keep him where he dominates the game.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
MAJIC wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:

For as amazing as he is between the pipes, when he leaves the net to play the puck, he may be one of the worst ever...It's just a total 180. An utter trainwreck when he leaves the net to go play the puck. If last years cough up in the playoffs against Steen wasn't enough, this one surely capped it off. They need to tie him in there and keep him where he dominates the game.

Hope so. Might be easier said than done. His wild unorthodox style and instinctive play is part of what makes him special. To try and curb (or calm) that energy or give him something else to think about may hinder his overall play. Who knows. Where's the zen master when you need him....

I trust he'll figure it out sooner or later. Better he gets that out of his system in the first home game rather than last.

We should be ok so long as Sutter and Ranford are in his ear coaching him up.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I too am bummed about Scuderi, but very excited about the potential for this season. It was fun to see them back in action.

GO KINGS GO!
GO KINGS GO!
GO KINGS GO!
Kobewood
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to watching tomorrow's game in its entirety. No Dodgers game.

Thank you Kobe for giving 20 years of yourself to the Purple and Gold. We are forever indebted to your greatness.

#WIN4VIN
Kobewood
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Bump.

The Kings have to start winning games in regulation.

Thank you Kobe for giving 20 years of yourself to the Purple and Gold. We are forever indebted to your greatness.

#WIN4VIN
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Kobewood wrote:
Bump.

The Kings have to start winning games in regulation.

The team is 8-4-0 and only 4 wins in regulation or OT.

Don't get me wrong, wins are wins, and this team is absolutely dominating in terms of Time-on-Attack (a very important stat of a champion), but it's time to start building/holding leads in regulation and racking up ROW's. The Western Conference is loaded this year, and that ROW tiebreaker will almost certainly be critical.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject:

God it feels great to beat the NorCal whiners.

Just totally dominated SJ in that 3rd + OT. What a blast by Kopitar.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Hell of a game tonight. 40+ shots for each time and a 8 round shootout in San Jose. Probably one of the most exciting games of the year.

Tough loss, but that's 11 straight games with a point now. Team is still playing outstanding.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
Hell of a game tonight. 40+ shots for each time and a 8 round shootout in San Jose. Probably one of the most exciting games of the year.

Tough loss, but that's 11 straight games with a point now. Team is still playing outstanding.

Yep... and they haven't even found their offensive rhythm right now. Their power play has been punchless for a while now even though they had golden opportunities against Niemi. Shootout it's anyone's game. Richards could have ended it but he derped at the last second.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:

Yep... and they haven't even found their offensive rhythm right now. Their power play has been punchless for a while now even though they had golden opportunities against Niemi. Shootout it's anyone's game. Richards could have ended it but he derped at the last second.

Richards had him too. Hit the brakes, deked, and bobbled the (bleep) out of the finish. Would have been sweet to get the two points up there and stick it to SJ. Regardless, this team is streaking right now. Have to say I'm quite stunned that JQ got hurt, and Scrivens came in and began playing like a Vezina-caliber goaltender.

1.48 GAA / .947 Save % / 3 Shutouts

gsrbruin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject:

When was the last time any team had 3 goalies of this quality?
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Holy crap, is it time to trade Quickie and get some scoring punch/future picks? Yeah the kids have done an outstanding job during Quick's abscence that I'd like to improve other areas of this team by way of dangling the 2 years removed Con Smyth winner.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Holy crap, is it time to trade Quickie and get some scoring punch/future picks? Yeah the kids have done an outstanding job during Quick's abscence that I'd like to improve other areas of this team by way of dangling the 2 years removed Con Smyth winner.

Jonesy is playing awesome, but they can't trade Quick.

3 SO's in 6 games is (bleep) awesome, but when (bleep) gets real in the playoffs, opponents will eventually get a glorious chance and Quick has proven time and time again that he can rob them.

The robbery above is what every great team dreams of having behind them, even if we are the best defensive team in the league.

But they totally need to start thinking about putting a package together with Jones or Scrivens to get a LW. This team has no skill players at LW right now. Brown is on the wrong side, and the rest are just grinders. I can only dream to have a LW sniper to go with a Richards/Carter line.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject:

No way you trade Quick. He should be back to Quick form by the playoffs. As for the LW, options are slim. If the Kings had this year's Penner, they'd be in good shape. I don't see anyone they can realistically trade without giving up a good prospect. And the pipeline for LW could be okay with Pearson getting some quality time up in the bigs and further down the line Zykov will be ready. And the LWers are all grinders outside of Brown? Uh... have you seen what Dwight King has been doing lately?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Traded Ben Scrivens for a 3rd round pick. Really hoping we can get a scorer by trade deadline. Jeff Carter can't be the only guy who will be putting in more than 20 this season.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Definitely need to address scoring, or lack thereof. Good luck to Scrivens as the number one netminder in Edmonton as well. (Except when playing LA of course).
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Scrivens was really undersold IMO. Could have been used in a package for the Top 6 winger we're looking for.

Kings looking at Cammalleri apparently. Not sure how I'd feel about him returning. Yeah, we need a LW, and the dude could always score, but I wonder how he'll fit with Sutter and his system.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
Scrivens was really undersold IMO. Could have been used in a package for the Top 6 winger we're looking for.

Kings looking at Cammalleri apparently. Not sure how I'd feel about him returning. Yeah, we need a LW, and the dude could always score, but I wonder how he'll fit with Sutter and his system.

Not to mention Cammalleri is as fragile as glass. Do not want. I've heard rumors we're also showing interest in Matt Moulson (ironic considering he also started his NHL career as a King). Thomas Vanek and Dustin Byfuglien are also names to consider.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject:

Scrivens being undersold just further highlights how lopsided the Bernier trade was. But unfortunately this stuff will happen in a tight salary cap season. Overall Lombardi did the best he could get under those circumstances.

No to Cammalleri. He's not the right fit for the system unless the Kings really want to have a guy shooting with one knee on the ice all the time. Kings really do need a scoring threat. Richards is in a very long slump and the other lines also haven't stepped it up offensively.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:

Not to mention Cammalleri is as fragile as glass. Do not want. I've heard rumors we're also showing interest in Matt Moulson (ironic considering he also started his NHL career as a King). Thomas Vanek and Dustin Byfuglien are also names to consider.

Seriously. Cammy is 5'9 and one hit along the boards away from 20+ games on the IR. I mean the dude has an awesome one-timer and is certainly a good scorer, but I don't know if that's enough. Makes me realize just how fortunate we are to have Carter. Carter has elite scoring ability but can also play a two-way game, play C and win draws, play on the PK, etc. Would be awesome to bring another player in like that, but it aint happening.

I'd be open to Byfuglien. When he was playing wing on the '10 Hawks next to talented players like Toews and Kane he was a total beast. I'd love to have that monster in front of the net if he still knows how to go back to that game.

I'd be open to Vanek too. If you look at his numbers, he's actually looked pretty healthy in terms of games played. Typically plays close the full 82 or in the 70's. Makes me more confident, and he sure the (bleep) can score.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
Page 1 of 94
Jump to: