Official 2013-2014 Los Angeles Kings Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 92, 93, 94  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Scrivens being undersold just further highlights how lopsided the Bernier trade was. But unfortunately this stuff will happen in a tight salary cap season. Overall Lombardi did the best he could get under those circumstances.

No to Cammalleri. He's not the right fit for the system unless the Kings really want to have a guy shooting with one knee on the ice all the time. Kings really do need a scoring threat. Richards is in a very long slump and the other lines also haven't stepped it up offensively.

I'm pretty bummed with how Richards' game has fluctuated around in this system. Last year you knew Rick wasn't in shape from the lockout and he go off to a slow start. This year, I'm sure he's prepared as necessary, but it just feels like his game has gone to purely a passing style. He's a natural playmaker, so I always expect him to try to create scoring chances, but the Mike Richards I knew had a pretty good wrist shot and certainly a good slap shot in his arsenal. 6 goals is too low for a player of his caliber right now.

In fairness to him, he's been asked to carry the 3rd line, which is going to hurt his numbers. And with the total GARBAGE Power Play this team has, his totals will be hurt there as well. I still can't believe the coaching staff is struggling so much to get these players to score on the PP. There is a ton of a talent on the roster. Let's get them cutting around to open areas and have the best playmakers attempting some one-touch passes. If I have to see Muzzin and Voynov fire one more predictable wrister into the Penalty Killers' shin pads, then I am just going flip...
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Muzzin's shot reminds me too much of Philippe Boucher when he was on the Kings. A ton of point shots, not a lot getting on net... which is strange because he had a pretty accurate hard slapper last season.

But at least Boucher didn't have those brain farts. I don't know what Muzzin was thinking shooting it right in front of a player that led to the breakaway and resulting penalty shot. And then that elbow that started the fracas (and a missed high stick on Doughty during the melee) The only thing great that came out of that fight was seeing in the background Quick getting so pissed at Pietrangelo tapping the puck towards him that he shoots it right back at him.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Unbelievable. Kings lose in a shootout because the idiot refs cannot see that the puck hit the meshing before bouncing off of Quick's back. Quick this year has had the strangest goals allowed.

Refs were absolutely brutal from that point on. A gift goal to Detroit. This better not affect the Kings in the standings when the season is over.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject:

awful call
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject:

whats even worse is you cant go to replay on a puck leaving the playing surface.thats mind boggling in a professional sport.
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Unbelievable. Kings lose in a shootout because the idiot refs cannot see that the puck hit the meshing before bouncing off of Quick's back. Quick this year has had the strangest goals allowed.

Refs were absolutely brutal from that point on. A gift goal to Detroit. This better not affect the Kings in the standings when the season is over.

+1

How that can't be reviewed and corrected by video replay is horrendous.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Most ridiculous load of crap I've seen in a hockey game. A (bleep) puck bounces off the mesh and into the net, and you count it?

And not one of the four blind mice out there could see the puck leave the area of play?

Wow. Let's hope that lost point tonight doesn't hurt in the standings.
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject:

Another game scoring two goals or less tonight.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject:

Last night was a (bleep) embarrassment. I don't want to knee-jerk and call for heads/trades, but this team really needs an attitude adjustment. How many times do we need to watch a bunch of talented players stand on the perimeter and fire bad-angle point shots into traffic? Too easy to defend against, regardless of whether we're playing 5-on-5 or on the Power Play. That's two large losing streaks in the last 15 games I believe.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
Last night was a (bleep) embarrassment. I don't want to knee-jerk and call for heads/trades, but this team really needs an attitude adjustment. How many times do we need to watch a bunch of talented players stand on the perimeter and fire bad-angle point shots into traffic? Too easy to defend against, regardless of whether we're playing 5-on-5 or on the Power Play. That's two large losing streaks in the last 15 games I believe.

I felt I needed some help in the Shutout and GAA columns so I started Hiller that day. It's a sucky feeling knowing you can improve on those two roto stats just by starting whoever's playing the Kings. They shoot a lot but they don't score a lot.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:

I felt I needed some help in the Shutout and GAA columns so I started Hiller that day. It's a sucky feeling knowing you can improve on those two roto stats just by starting whoever's playing the Kings. They shoot a lot but they don't score a lot.

It's disappointing. Before, this team would keep opponents in the zone, punish them with shots, and still create decent scoring chances.

Now? We keep opponents in the zone and humor them with a high total of bad angle perimeter shots that aren't going to go in.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:

It's disappointing. Before, this team would keep opponents in the zone, punish them with shots, and still create decent scoring chances.

Now? We keep opponents in the zone and humor them with a high total of bad angle perimeter shots that aren't going to go in.

Indeed. Today's game wasn't any better except for the fact that we actually won against the Guppies. Can't win many games just scoring 1 or 2 goals.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Started Steve Mason today against the Kings because I need 1 more SO point in roto to take 1st place. He just gave it to me.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Started Steve Mason today against the Kings because I need 1 more SO point in roto to take 1st place. He just gave it to me.

It's becoming almost automatic now.

3 goals in the last 7 games? That's unprecedented in the modern day game, especially by a team with actual talented players on it.

Really don't know what to make of this group right now. Yeah, a trade for both a Top D and a LW is imperative, but the group needs a big change in the way they approach the offense and PP.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject:

Won 3 straight. 2 post-Olympics.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

Team has looked good post olympics so far. Brown has been rejuvenated from the Olympics apparently. Sutter put him at RW on the 3rd line and he's been great.

4 goals allowed in that first one against COL was pretty surprising, but the Kings giving up 3 Power Play goals is a total aberration. Last night against Calgary they did a great job addressing that issue (Killed all 5 penalties).

Really like how much more creative the team is attempting to be on offense. More players pushing the envelope to leak out behind the defense, and more attempts to get shots in the slot.

With the trade deadline next week, I'd still like to see a Top 4 defensive D-man or a Top 6 LW.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Team has looked good post olympics so far. Brown has been rejuvenated from the Olympics apparently. Sutter put him at RW on the 3rd line and he's been great.

4 goals allowed in that first one against COL was pretty surprising, but the Kings giving up 3 Power Play goals is a total aberration. Last night against Calgary they did a great job addressing that issue (Killed all 5 penalties).

Really like how much more creative the team is attempting to be on offense. More players pushing the envelope to leak out behind the defense, and more attempts to get shots in the slot.

With the trade deadline next week, I'd still like to see a Top 4 defensive D-man or a Top 6 LW.

They learned well after seeing Team USA try to follow the Kings's strategy against Canada. A good wake-up call.

I prefer we get the LW as a bigger priority. Vanek is probably my preference. We may even be able to get Andrew MacDonald in a package deal to kill two birds with one stone. Christian Ehrhoff listed us in his 8 teams also.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

They learned well after seeing Team USA try to follow the Kings's strategy against Canada. A good wake-up call.

I prefer we get the LW as a bigger priority. Vanek is probably my preference. We may even be able to get Andrew MacDonald in a package deal to kill two birds with one stone. Christian Ehrhoff listed us in his 8 teams also.

I'd love Vanek for sure, and he's definitely the bigger priority. Brown is great on the 3rd line now, which means there is no covering up the needed missing Top 6 forward. With the team playing more creatively, I'd absolutely love seeing him on the LW with Richards and Carter.

I will say that I somehow hope a D-man can comeback in a trade. I just can't handle watching Muzzin play on the top pairing with Doughty anymore.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Trade advice requested. I got offered Patrick Kane, Shea Weber, Ryan Miller, Darcy Kuemper for Jonas Hiller, Marian Hossa, Jeff Carter, Evgeni Nabokov. I definitely improve D, G but I don't want to lose Carter, for homer reasons.

C - Crosby, Towes
LW - Lucic, Marleau, Steen
RW - Ovechkin, Carter, Hossa
D - Yandle, Doughty, Wisniewski, McDonagh
G - Bishop, Hiller, Holtby, Nabokov

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject:

Do it. Hossa is injured.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Do it. Hossa is injured.

Agreed.

Kaner is a beast too and Miller, with that Blues D, should put up some nice goalie fantasy numbers. I say take the ball and run with this, especially if you're teetering on your league's playoff bubble.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Do it. Hossa is injured.

Agreed.

Kaner is a beast too and Miller, with that Blues D, should put up some nice goalie fantasy numbers. I say take the ball and run with this, especially if you're teetering on your league's playoff bubble.

Accepted it though I was sad for the loss of Carter. Trade vetoed within a half hour when the other managers realized I'd be fielding a team with 4 of the top 10 fantasy players Crosby, Ovechkin, Bishop, and Kane. Oh well, I'm still first by a wide margin.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Flyers got MacDonald. So no potential package deal if we try for Vanek.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject:

Kings acquire Marian Gaborik for Matt Frattin, 2nd Rounder, and conditional 3rd Rounder.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/story/_/id/10556331/marian-gaborik-traded-los-angeles-kings-columbus-blue-jackets

Wow. I know Gaborik is a UFA, but Dean really ripped off CBJ there.

Frattin has been a healthy scratch for months, and we have a plethora of picks. (Hell, the 2nd Rounder is from Toronto.)

This is negligible risk and high reward.

If he stays healthy (I know, that's the kicker.), then we're talking about an EXCELLENT Top 9 and solid 4 lines all around.

Toffoli - Kopitar - Williams
Gaborik - Richards - Carter
King - Stoll - Brown
Clifford - Vey - Nolan/Lewis
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
Kings acquire Marian Gaborik for Matt Frattin, 2nd Rounder, and conditional 3rd Rounder.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/story/_/id/10556331/marian-gaborik-traded-los-angeles-kings-columbus-blue-jackets

Wow. I know Gaborik is a UFA, but Dean really ripped off CBJ there.

Frattin has been a healthy scratch for months, and we have a plethora of picks. (Hell, the 2nd Rounder is from Toronto.)

This is negligible risk and high reward.

If he stays healthy (I know, that's the kicker.), then we're talking about an EXCELLENT Top 9 and solid 4 lines all around.

Toffoli - Kopitar - Williams
Gaborik - Richards - Carter
King - Stoll - Brown
Clifford - Vey - Nolan/Lewis

Wow. A good deal barring another Glassorick injury. Essentially we've managed to turn Bernier into Gaborik. Not the player I wanted (and not the best player dangled/traded) but he's a 40 goal guy. Good scoring touch but I have worries he may hurt our stiff defensive system and he has a propensity of pulling a LeBronze in playoffs. That's why I wanted Vanek who can both score and defend or even St.Louis. Would've wanted us to get a good D-man too.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 92, 93, 94  Next
Page 2 of 94
Jump to: