that camera shot of Kobe when the game ended kind of ruined it for me

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: that camera shot of Kobe when the game ended kind of ruined it for me

i don't know if anyone caught that. immediately after the final whistle, Kobe with his head down walk straight off the court with a serious face. not high fiving, not smiling, no congrats, nothing. i found it kind of odd, look, i'm not saying Kobe should joined LeBron's goofy style of celebration (remember the fake camera pose), but come on man, at least stick around and acknowledge your teammates who just shocked the entire NBA by blowing out a title contender on opening night.

i don't want to speculate but my guess is Kobe, and even Nash and Gasol will soon realize MDA isn't messing around, he WILL play whoever's productive out there. veterans all stars or not, he's gonna go with the 5 hottest players to finish the game.
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: that camera shot of Kobe when the game ended kind of ruined it for me

Atticus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Maybe he didn't want to take attention away from the team?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject:

nah
ctb619
Star Player
Star Player

So Kobe is mad/worried because he thinks he won't get playing time?

Nahtanoj
Star Player
Star Player

We only got 81 more games to go..
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: that camera shot of Kobe when the game ended kind of ruined it for me

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i don't know if anyone caught that. immediately after the final whistle, Kobe with his head down walk straight off the court with a serious face. not high fiving, not smiling, no congrats, nothing. i found it kind of odd, look, i'm not saying Kobe should joined LeBron's goofy style of celebration (remember the fake camera pose), but come on man, at least stick around and acknowledge your teammates who just shocked the entire NBA by blowing out a title contender on opening night.

i don't want to speculate but my guess is Kobe, and even Nash and Gasol will soon realize MDA isn't messing around, he WILL play whoever's productive out there. veterans all stars or not, he's gonna go with the 5 hottest players to finish the game.

I think he is the type of competitor that doesn't feel like he won if he didnt do anything to contribute to it. He usually never even takes the floor when he isn't playing. I'm sure he's proud of the guys but as someone who wants to win, it's probably a little conflicting.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

he was expecting the W. no big deal
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: