Could the tank posts be limited to one thread?

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30102
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Could the tank posts be limited to one thread?

A lot of people in the lounge are getting annoyed by the tank posters (example).

Many of them have had to limit their own posts to a positive thread where they are supposedly safe of trolls and meanies.

However, it appears as if there is a larger majority of posters on the site (as evident by the over/under thread) that wants the lakers to win, as opposed to wanting them to tank, so perhaps that minority of tankers could be limited to one thread, so as to not annoy (and more importantly, make susceptible to getting trolled) the larger majority?
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 10949
Location: I wish I knew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject:

I agree, it's getting annoying when we have to hear people speak about tanking in multiple threads.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22679

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject:

To clarify, not everyone who chose the 'under' in the thread wants to see the Lakers tank. The starters' age/health over the course of a long season had been the primary concern before the start. Fortunately, the younger players have stepped it up and the coach has improved by pacing starters' minutes. So far things are coming along better than expected, the Lakers could just as easily be 3-1 right now.

For the most part, I've been able to ignore the TFW'ers with their constant hashtags, but the poster who openly rooted for the opposing team's player in the game thread last night took it to an all-time low.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2013
Posts: 2739

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject:

I agree with you Chronicle. I hope it stops sooner rather than later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GSDunk
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2001
Posts: 1875
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Could the tank posts be limited to one thread?

Chronicle wrote:
A lot of people in the lounge are getting annoyed by the tank posters (example).

Many of them have had to limit their own posts to a positive thread where they are supposedly safe of trolls and meanies.

However, it appears as if there is a larger majority of posters on the site (as evident by the over/under thread) that wants the lakers to win, as opposed to wanting them to tank, so perhaps that minority of tankers could be limited to one thread, so as to not annoy (and more importantly, make susceptible to getting trolled) the larger majority?


I clicked on your link and it gave me a game thread. There was one post talking about tanking.... did you expect us to scan through all 100 pages??

Am I missing something here??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22679

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Could the tank posts be limited to one thread?

GSDunk wrote:

I clicked on your link and it gave me a game thread. There was one post talking about tanking.... did you expect us to scan through all 100 pages??

Am I missing something here??



He linked to the correct page in the 63 page thread, we haven't had a 100 page thread in a while.

That post rooting on Korver was the last straw for folks who have been annoyed by the TFWers.

Here:
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=5530990#5530990
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GSDunk
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2001
Posts: 1875
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Could the tank posts be limited to one thread?

K2 wrote:
GSDunk wrote:

I clicked on your link and it gave me a game thread. There was one post talking about tanking.... did you expect us to scan through all 100 pages??

Am I missing something here??



He linked to the correct page in the 63 page thread, we haven't had a 100 page thread in a while.

That post rooting on Korver was the last straw for folks who have been annoyed by the TFWers.

Here:
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=5530990#5530990



But it was on a worthless game thread. Who cares.

I may not know all the details of this particular situation, but the OP is famous for complaining about nothing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB