View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Just finished it. B+ rating.

I enjoyed it but it felt like they took the Batman Begins formula and stretched it into 13 episodes. Sure the story and characters were interesting enough to make a good show and the action was awesome but there wasn't enough for me. And having to wait until the last 10 minutes of the season for the costume was kinda lame but I get it.

I can't wait for season 2 though and just wish they bring in some more notable villains and other heroes like Spidey, Blade or Punisher.

(some spoilers)

I think it could have been 10-11 episodes. Some scenes with Urich/Karen dragged on for far too long, so much so that I was cheering when the former met his fate.

And the episode where Foggy finds out could have been edited down to 15 minutes and appended onto the previous episode.

Other than that, and the DD suit looking a bit stiff, really great show (I actually thought "The Mask" outfit looked great, just add the armored lining and maybe color it red and you're good to go). Hoping that they release a Season 2 soon and don't wait for all the other Netflix Defenders shows to come out first.

Spoiler wrote:

I don't think that the Daredevil suit is definitive. When Melvin Potter (aka The Gladiator, an ond time Daredevil villain) gives him the suit, he says that it was done in a hurry and explain the different protection with the different colours.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I enjoyed it but it felt like they took the Batman Begins formula and stretched it into 13 episodes. Sure the story and characters were interesting enough to make a good show and the action was awesome but there wasn't enough for me. And having to wait until the last 10 minutes of the season for the costume was kinda lame but I get it.

I can't wait for season 2 though and just wish they bring in some more notable villains and other heroes like Spidey, Blade or Punisher.

(some spoilers)

I think it could have been 10-11 episodes. Some scenes with Urich/Karen dragged on for far too long, so much so that I was cheering when the former met his fate.

And the episode where Foggy finds out could have been edited down to 15 minutes and appended onto the previous episode.

Other than that, and the DD suit looking a bit stiff, really great show (I actually thought "The Mask" outfit looked great, just add the armored lining and maybe color it red and you're good to go). Hoping that they release a Season 2 soon and don't wait for all the other Netflix Defenders shows to come out first

Spoiler wrote:

I don't think that the Daredevil suit is definitive. When Melvin Potter (aka The Gladiator, an ond time Daredevil villain) gives him the suit, he says that it was done in a hurry and explain the different protection with the different colours.

Fun Spoilers wrote:

Yeah I noticed that, I'm hoping the next version is more streamlined. You could tell that the stunt actor's movements were restricted in the fight against Fisk.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

(some spoilers)

Other than that, and the DD suit looking a bit stiff, really great show (I actually thought "The Mask" outfit looked great, just add the armored lining and maybe color it red and you're good to go). Hoping that they release a Season 2 soon and don't wait for all the other Netflix Defenders shows to come out first.

Season 2 has already been confirmed for next year.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

(some spoilers)

Season 2 has already been confirmed for next year.

YES
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject:

nice. really fun show.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:

When I see the character Fisk, Michael Clarke Duncan comes to mind. I wonder how they'll do next years episodes. How will they format the series?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Ditto. Give it around a B+ also. They need more tie ins and cross overs. They are the opposite of DC where the Arrow pumps out all these new characters and spinoffs. That's what killed agents of shield.

Punisher really deserves its own Netflix show too. He's the anti-Daredevil perfect nemesis for him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
Ditto. Give it around a B+ also. They need more tie ins and cross overs. They are the opposite of DC where the Arrow pumps out all these new characters and spinoffs. That's what killed agents of shield.

Punisher really deserves its own Netflix show too. He's the anti-Daredevil perfect nemesis for him.

Think we might see this guy?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:

Agents of Shield is better than ever. It's been very strong since the events of the Winter Soldier.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Last edited by anpherknee on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Have we already seen him? (Spoilers Below)

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/daredevil/245324/daredevil-netflix-series-marvel-universe-easter-eggs-and-comic-references-guide/page/0/3

I don't think so. Who are you referring to?

Spoilers ain't kool.

anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject:

[quote="jodeke"]
anpherknee wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Spoilers ain't kool.

My bad, I have failed you all
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject:

[quote="anpherknee"]
jodeke wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Spoilers ain't kool.

Naw, my bad Homie, I was J/K

anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject:

[quote="jodeke"]
anpherknee wrote:
jodeke wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Spoilers ain't kool.

Naw, my bad Homie, I was J/K

I figured that, but I got em up outta there just in case
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Agents of Shield is better than ever. It's been very strong since the events of the Winter Soldier.

Yup. ABC literally flipped the switch after Winter Soldier came out and the show went from boring to awesome overnight.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject:

I'm on episode 11 now. In addition to all the positive comments have been made throughout this thread, I gotta comment on the actor that plays James Wesley. He's really good. Something about his intimidating, yet understated, facial expressions.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I'm on episode 11 now. In addition to all the positive comments have been made throughout this thread, I gotta comment on the actor that plays James Wesley. He's really good. Something about his intimidating, yet understated, facial expressions.

Spoiler wrote:
He was so good that I expected him to have some scheme in place to take Fisk's power. Didn't like how he was taken out.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Spoiler wrote:
He was so good that I expected him to have some scheme in place to take Fisk's power. Didn't like how he was taken out.

He reminds me of Clay Burton in the Banshee series, played by Matthew Rauch. He had the same intimidating facial expression. Cold blooded, get the job done without emotion. You also get the impression he was a loyal employee.

I binged. I was watching on kodi, finally went to Netflix. LG comments made me curious.

I got two warnings from my ISP about pirating. I didn't know kodi was a pirating site.

Maybe it was because I was watching movies that were still in theaters or someone had copyrights to.

RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Good call. The actor was perfect in that role and is definitely an underrated characters in the series.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Good call. The actor was perfect in that role and is definitely an underrated characters in the series.

REALLY enjoyed the dynamic Fisk and Wesley had. Enjoyed their scenes a whole hell of a lot more than any scenes with Foggy and Karen together. Yikes, those were tough to sit through..awkward and forced.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Foggy and Karen had no chemistry.. There was a love connection attempt.. But failed..

I agree on the takes regarding Wesley.. Under valued
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Wesley made Fisk a better character...it was like the writers made Wesley the brains and Fisk the brawns. That might be why the last two episodes fell a little flat in terms of the villains for me.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject:

i assume that the girl is going to take a bigger role.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Spoiler wrote:

I'm with you. Became one of my favorite character on the show.

Spoiler wrote:
Mad that he was killed off. Totally unexpected. But glad they killed off Leland, he's annoying.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject:

Finished the show last week.

I give it an A+

I had no concern for DD before, but I wanted to watch the show to get my MCU fix with AoS, AC, and the movies.

This show satisfied that and more! It actually got me to really like DD. I love the Easter egg links with Avengers and AoS.

And for those thinking he should be stronger (I pondered this too), we are seeing his beginning. He will continuously improve. And he is a street level hero in the MCU. He fights crime not world dominating forces
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10
Jump to: