OFFICIAL STEVE NASH Injury/Retirement Discussion (Update: pg 59)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
You might have heard this before but...Steve Nash is a game-time decision Sunday because of his back-hamstring nerve problem.

Sometimes, you just have to laugh at this stuff.

Is this a joke?

What is with this guy?
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject:

This upsets me more than him playing his tenth game. He could be the deciding factor in a game he plays and we end up winning.

We don't need that right now

Play with our money, play with our tank plans...

I hate this season
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Faceman wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
You might have heard this before but...Steve Nash is a game-time decision Sunday because of his back-hamstring nerve problem.

Sometimes, you just have to laugh at this stuff.

Is this a joke?

What is with this guy?

A 40 year old can't be expected to run 94 feet every 10 seconds and play defense in between. Its just not practical.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm concerned about long-term health repercussions for Nash. Is it really worth it to grind out one more season given the severity of his injuries?
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/23/steve-nash-retirement-pad-house-manhattan-beach-lakers-photos/

No wonder he needs the money
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm concerned about long-term health repercussions for Nash. Is it really worth it to grind out one more season given the severity of his injuries?

Seeing as how Nash said this was about money, I doubt he cares about playing another full season... or even trying. He will play just enough to earn his $9.7 mil.

That's my 2¢, anyways.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Sincere question that I will post here instead of creating another thread for. Just to save the mods from having to trouble themselves merging it.

Is Nash, due to his lack of impact and remark about not retiring for monetary reasons, going to go down as an infamous Laker? Like Dwight Howard?
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:
Sincere question that I will post here instead of creating another thread for. Just to save the mods from having to trouble themselves merging it.

Is Nash, due to his lack of impact and remark about not retiring for monetary reasons, going to go down as an infamous Laker? Like Dwight Howard?

I doubt that, if anything fans blame the FO more than they blame Nash. He also wanted to be here, though he wants the money too. Nash wasnt as whiny and (bleep) as Dwight. We just got him when he was all used up.
AIRZOOMKOBE2k5
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Screw this guys..imagine if a team that picks ahead of us selects Exum, or Smart and we end up with Doug McDermott because of 1 pointless win at the end of the season. That's how close the 4-7 seeding is.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Nash may be the only one to not know, it's over... He had a great run, time to hang up the sneakers...

I wish him well of course...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Seeing as how Nash said this was about money, I doubt he cares about playing another full season... or even trying. He will play just enough to earn his $9.7 mil.

That's my 2¢, anyways.

He didn't say that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:

No, Nash isn't a whiny baby who gave up in the playoffs and bailed on the Lakers. He is the opposite, a guy who has done everything he can to play up to his obligation.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Faceman wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's my 2¢, anyways.

He didn't say that.

Oh? Please clarify.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Faceman wrote:

No, Nash isn't a whiny baby who gave up in the playoffs and bailed on the Lakers. He is the opposite, a guy who has done everything he can to play up to his obligation.

That sounds very noble. So money has nothing to do with it, then?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Faceman wrote:

Nash already said he wants his last pay check... Probably nothing wrong with that.

However, he's done...
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Faceman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Faceman wrote:

Nash already said he wants his last pay check... Probably nothing wrong with that.

However, he's done...

Exactly, my point.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject:

The difference between Nash and Dwight that Nash is being a little selfish but Dwight was selfish AND cowardly.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Faceman wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's my 2¢, anyways.

He didn't say that.

Oh? Please clarify.

He said he wanted the money, not that it was about the money. Big difference. It was about trying to win a title and live up to his deal, which pays him the money. Hopefully I didn't butcher that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Faceman wrote:

Money isn't an issue because he is getting it no matter what.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Nash is he cost of swinging for the fences. We whiffed and now have to pay for it. But I appreciate the Lakers because we swing for the fences.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Faceman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Faceman wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's my 2¢, anyways.

He didn't say that.

Oh? Please clarify.

He said he wanted the money, not that it was about the money. Big difference. It was about trying to win a title and live up to his deal, which pays him the money. Hopefully I didn't butcher that.

I don't get you. More importantly, I don't want to try. Believe whatever you want to. Rationalize it however you want to. I don't care.
billbobfrd
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Faceman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Faceman wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's my 2¢, anyways.

He didn't say that.

Oh? Please clarify.

I don't get you. More importantly, I don't want to try. Believe whatever you want to. Rationalize it however you want to. I don't care.

He doesn't even have to play anymore, if it was only the money he wouldn't be trying to come back, he could just sit and collect checks
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject:

AIRZOOMKOBE2k5 wrote:
Screw this guys..imagine if a team that picks ahead of us selects Exum, or Smart and we end up with Doug McDermott because of 1 pointless win at the end of the season. That's how close the 4-7 seeding is.

I don't think Nash is going to add anymore wins when he gets injured every 2 quarters.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Faceman wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Faceman wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's my 2¢, anyways.

He didn't say that.

Oh? Please clarify.

I know, you will believe what you want, even if Nash never said what you think he did.
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Faceman wrote:

Nash said that his statement was taken out of context. In the interview he listed many reasons why he wants to play and that was one of them. Who the hell WOULDN'T want that kind of money? Lets be real he loves the game but he obviously loves the money too. The guy has nerve issues and keeps trying to come back its not ALL about the money, it is definitely part of it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 58 of 60
Jump to: