Eyes on the Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jorkerjork
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject:

Romano338 wrote:
What NBA career do you see for Doug McDermott?
He looks like a terrific shooter, his percentage are amazing, he definitely can boards.

Needs to shrink his offense to play with only threes. A Sczerzbiak won't quite work in today's NBA. No more mid-range stuff. He's more than able to do it, and he's a smart guy so I think he'll adapt to what he sees or what the team needs. A really underrated rebounder, I'm interested to see how that would work in the NBA given his athletic deficiencies. Also improved his finishing, but in small doses. But his defensive playmaking is just flat out atrocious, his defensive metrics are in general awful, and teams that draft him will need to plug the leaks that spring out of that dam.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject:

jorkerjork wrote:
Butler had assist rates of 0.18, 0.18 and 0.19 in his three years in college, and assist/TO rates of around 1.5-1.7. That's easily in NBA two-guard territory.

Early's assist rates? 0.05 and 0.05, with assist/TO rates of 0.37, 0.38. That's well embedded into NBA center territory.

I'm not saying that Anthony can't work around his inability to pass and play an effective all-around spot-up game with defense, but this is currently my biggest gripe. Butler also has a huge Marquette fudge factor that has produced overachievers like Wes Matthews and Dwyane Wade in their program. Wichita State...eh. It's more like a halo at this point.

I am a huge fan of the assist/TO stat.

That's the thing that made it obvious that Early wasn't 1st round material.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
jorkerjork
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject:

If anyone wants to know the players I'm fans of, here's my link:
http://jorkvsbball.blogspot.com/2014/03/mock-draft-2014-scouting-report-based.html
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Draft experts. Tell me:

Parker.
Embiid.
Wiggins.

(Not in that order)
Consensus top 3? Agreed or no? There's no chance any of those players slip to 4 or 5 right? Meaning if we want one of them, we have to move up on lottery night.

Agreed?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject:

I've got Exum at #2.

He would have trained for months before the draft, compared to the other kids. There's going to be some workout warrior results, but if he kills it in the drills, why wouldn't he be #2?

LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject:

I have a feeling Exum will agree to play for Boston and we will regret these wins

Then we will have to watch a documentary where Exum, by that time, a stud, says he really wanted to go to LA, but they had too low a pick for him to resort to holding out.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Frank Kaminsky

I was surprised that Frank Kaminsky was playing so well in the clutch, against non-Big Ten competition. He ran well, he dribbled well, he drove the ball, he rebounded on both boards, he shot the long ball rather well. He even had a slippery nice game around the rim. I think he's crept up the draft board into the early mid first round. I like the skill combo for someone his size (6'11", 245). History of good health too.
jorkerjork
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject:

Does anyone think Jordan Adams reminds of Jodie Meeks?
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Draft experts. Tell me:

Parker.
Embiid.
Wiggins.

(Not in that order)
Consensus top 3? Agreed or no? There's no chance any of those players slip to 4 or 5 right? Meaning if we want one of them, we have to move up on lottery night.

Agreed?

I am only nervous about Embiid's health. I would have Exum over Embiid only for that reason.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Draft experts. Tell me:

Parker.
Embiid.
Wiggins.

(Not in that order)

Agreed?

Yes.
Sacreligious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Draft experts. Tell me:

Parker.
Embiid.
Wiggins.

(Not in that order)

Agreed?

I am surprised that Parker would be #1. Personally I would not even have him as top 3

Wiggins
Embiid
Exum
Parker/Randle

Parker will definitely have the most impact his first years compared to the others, but I do not see superstar/franchise potential. I feel that his absolute ceiling is Melo. That isn't bad at all though since Melo is one of the greatest scorers the game has seen. But, with the number one pick you want to pick a superstar and not just an allstar.

However, if Philly picks #1, I can see them getting Parker. He would be an almost perfect fit for that team going forward. You would have potentially very good defenders on the perimeter and in the paint, MCW and Noel, thereby minimizing his defensive liabilities and allowing him to be the number 1 option on offense.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

I'm wondering if we stay where we are or even finish 7th, who would be a great pick at that spot?

Randle?
Certainly if Exum fell to 6 or 7, that's a great pick for that position in the draft.

I feel at 6-7 you are likely looking at Marcus Smart or Randle, neither are bad players, but not locks for all-stardom or being top 2 options on a championship caliber team. That will bum me out a bit. At that point. I may just want to go for a big guy with a lot of potential to be an anchor and force inside down the road.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Exum might be there if he only works out for the Lakers. Never know.
The Scotsman
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject:

I'm curious as an outsider what the pulse of Lakers Nation is on your draft needs?? Do you want to get someone like Exum to have your PG of the future?? Or do you want someone like Randle, Vonleh, or Gordon to start building your front court up? What do you guys feel is your biggest overall need is what I'm getting at?? Looking forward to the discussion. I love talking draft.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

Best player available, regardless of need.

threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject:

The Scotsman wrote:
I'm curious as an outsider what the pulse of Lakers Nation is on your draft needs?? Do you want to get someone like Exum to have your PG of the future?? Or do you want someone like Randle, Vonleh, or Gordon to start building your front court up? What do you guys feel is your biggest overall need is what I'm getting at?? Looking forward to the discussion. I love talking draft.

Anything and Everything!!!We need the best player available. When you have the worst record in franchise history you draft the best player available regardless of position needs. We cannot afford to draft a Oden and miss out on a Durant because of "position needs".
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject:

I think the formula for determining the draft's BPA at any particular draft position is yet to be discovered. Roster chemistry, risk assessment and roster need does require significant consideration as well.

I couch the methodology needed for the GM in very different terms. One must choose among players of dissimilar size, skill mix and skill mastery, body build and athleticism, to obtain the player who offers your club the best chance to improve your team overall. One must select that talent whether the player is thought to be the BPA or not.

One would not use a lottery pick to draft a replacement for Kobe Bryant ten years ago even if the BPA played the same slot and had the same style and size as a prime period Kobe. For example, if Kobe were younger, healthier and in his prime of his career, there would still be other pieces needed across the lineup, in other positions that must be refreshed or replaced instead. Repeated blind drafts of the BPA necessitates multiple subsequent trades trades if the BPAs do not fit together well. To play next to Kobe, one might need a complementary player (not a ball-dominant player) in that scenario. Roster need and committed monies necessarily influence one's choice, if one is smart.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I'm wondering if we stay where we are or even finish 7th, who would be a great pick at that spot?

Randle?
Certainly if Exum fell to 6 or 7, that's a great pick for that position in the draft.

I feel at 6-7 you are likely looking at Marcus Smart or Randle, neither are bad players, but not locks for all-stardom or being top 2 options on a championship caliber team. That will bum me out a bit. At that point. I may just want to go for a big guy with a lot of potential to be an anchor and force inside down the road.

6/7 is Smart/Vonleh/Gordon area I think.

Wiggins
Embiid
Exum
Parker
Randle

Can't see those guys falling, but stranger things have happened. Maybe someone falls in love with Vonleh's upside and length, or Gordon's athleticism or someone wants a win now point guard.

I think up until 8 is solid. Past 8, the picks become much more murky.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject:

My Huskies won. Now give me that 1st pick in the draft.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Seems Exum could move into the top 3 depending on where teams assess Embiid's current and future health at. Exum has apparently leaped Randle as a prospect.

Right now, my top 10 for the Lakers is as follows: 1) Andrew Wiggins, 2) Joel Embiid, 3) Dante Exum, 4) Aaron Gordon, 5) Marcus Smart, 6) Jabari Parker, 7) Julius Randle, 8) Noah Vonleh, 9) Tyler Ennis and 10) James Young.

I think Parker will be an offensive stud, but his defense really concerns me. I really like Gordon because he seems to be a team guy who sacrificed his personal game for what Arizona needed - which means, in the pros, he has tons of untapped potential. I love Smart's passion and defensive potential. Exum seems to have student of the game written all over him. These guys have talent and the mentality to succeed which is why, after Wiggins and Embiid (who both have superstar potential), they are my personal favorites for this franchise. Good news is that at either 5 or 6, we can get them.

I would guess we end up with one of Exum, Gordon or Smart.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject:

The Scotsman wrote:

I'll be glad to answer that...now that Embiid has declared. Of course our needs are everywhere but the starting point is the middle. We need a young stud like this kid because if we get him we can build now (Embiid) and the immediate future (targeted FA's like Stephenson, Bledsoe, etc.,)

The value of any free agent we acquire would immediately be enhanced if we get this kid.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Our draft needs is absolutely everything......you take BPA and go from there.
wsjan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Best player available, regardless of need.

No difference with our roster right now, we have need at every position.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Since I think we need to take a risk on a franchise type player potential, I would take either of...if possible.

Wiggins
Exum

Parker and Randle have 20-10 potential I think but neither looks like they will be two way players. Parker is down right bad on D. Embiid looks like a defensive presence and maybe 10-10. He doesn't strike me as a super star potential.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject:

I do like Gordon's defense
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18
Jump to: