PS4 or XBOX One... decisions decisions (and who didnt pre order but wish they did?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PS4 or XBOX One, decisions decisions
PS4 (its cheaper and its more powerful...for games)
70%
 70%  [ 57 ]
XBOX One (its truly the center hub of your living room Entertainment)
29%
 29%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 81

dakidblu
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Games easily worth the $60.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject:

Titanfall isn't that impressive looking even on PC at max settings.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Titanfall is so awesome.

The "campaign" is kind of a joke though. I don't know why they bothered with that part.
i'll give you that. i was playing the other day thinking"did i really need these cut scenes? because thats the only difference between the campaign and the other modes.

they really could've done a better job with a true multiplayer co-op campaign.

Seems like a half asses attempt to justify it being a full $60 game rather than a MP only.

Whats up with the voice actors? Anyone notice the one guy whose accent is half russian, half british, half australian?

Games worth every penny even with the lack of content. I find it funny that if a game is single player only no one will make a big deal about it being $60, but hey this is Titanfall, it's MS system seller so obviously we have to bash it.

A lot of gamers enjoy single player. It has nothing to do with microsoft or bashing the game. I think its a fun game, but a lot of gamers enjoy a story mode. The MP campaign they have just seems lazy.
sure they do. go get a story mode from another game. then complain about how you beat it in 4 hours. that was the main gripe the creators had with making a story mode. you have to many ultra gamers playing games straight thru knocking out the story mode in a matter of a few hours. then crying all over the Internets about how short the story line was. its like if devs have to create single player story modes. they will have to make them for guys sitting in their parents basement eating Cheetos and drinking mountain dew, while playing world of warcraft for 12 hrs straight. if thats who you have to impress with single player modes....good grief. they will spend a billion dollars trying to make a 100 hour story mode thats actually 100hours for the geek boy crew. then the regulars like myself will cry "dang this story is too darn long. shorten the story a bit devs... see devs cant win.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Titanfall is so awesome.

The "campaign" is kind of a joke though. I don't know why they bothered with that part.
i'll give you that. i was playing the other day thinking"did i really need these cut scenes? because thats the only difference between the campaign and the other modes.

they really could've done a better job with a true multiplayer co-op campaign.

Seems like a half asses attempt to justify it being a full $60 game rather than a MP only.

Whats up with the voice actors? Anyone notice the one guy whose accent is half russian, half british, half australian?

Games worth every penny even with the lack of content. I find it funny that if a game is single player only no one will make a big deal about it being $60, but hey this is Titanfall, it's MS system seller so obviously we have to bash it.

A lot of gamers enjoy single player. It has nothing to do with microsoft or bashing the game. I think its a fun game, but a lot of gamers enjoy a story mode. The MP campaign they have just seems lazy.
sure they do. go get a story mode from another game. then complain about how you beat it in 4 hours. that was the main gripe the creators had with making a story mode. you have to many ultra gamers playing games straight thru knocking out the story mode in a matter of a few hours. then crying all over the Internets about how short the story line was. its like if devs have to create single player story modes. they will have to make them for guys sitting in their parents basement eating Cheetos and drinking mountain dew, while playing world of warcraft for 12 hrs straight. if thats who you have to impress with single player modes....good grief. they will spend a billion dollars trying to make a 100 hour story mode thats actually 100hours for the geek boy crew. then the regulars like myself will cry "dang this story is too darn long. shorten the story a bit devs... see devs cant win.

I could be wrong but I don't think any game takes 100 hours to beat normally. Sure there are rpgs where you could grind endlessly but it takes much less time and effort to complete it. IE skyrim could take you hundreds of hours to do everything but the story portion of the game is fairly short.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Anyone having weird issues with powering off their Xbox One?

Here's what I do. When I'm done playing, I hit the xbox button on the controller down and it asks me if I want to turn off the controller or the system. I choose system.

The system does turn off it seems like. But next time I go to play, the system never boots properly... I just see a blank screen or sometimes the globe icon in the upper left corner and thats it. Only way to make it work right is hold down the power button on the console, and then turning it back on. Sometimes, I even have to pull the power cable and plug it back in even. Weird.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject:

my xbox seems sluggish after the march update. Theres a few things that piss me off. Perhaps its because I just dont know how to use them properly, but the party invites promp me to press and hold the "home" button.

I do, AND...i end up home, or the system asks me if i want to shut down.

another thing:
Werent party channels to be on by default? I still find myslef having to change the channel.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject:

just wanted to tell everyone that titanfall is so overrated. looks like last-gen call of duty graphics. should have expected it bc of vince zampella's involvement.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Here's what I do. When I'm done playing, I hit the xbox button on the controller down and it asks me if I want to turn off the controller or the system. I choose system.

The system does turn off it seems like. But next time I go to play, the system never boots properly... I just see a blank screen or sometimes the globe icon in the upper left corner and thats it. Only way to make it work right is hold down the power button on the console, and then turning it back on. Sometimes, I even have to pull the power cable and plug it back in even. Weird.

Maybe it's going into a standby/sleep mode?
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject:

lakerforever24 wrote:
just wanted to tell everyone that titanfall is so overrated. looks like last-gen call of duty graphics. should have expected it bc of vince zampella's involvement.

Yeah ok.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject:

lakerforever24 wrote:

Yeah, even on PC max settings the game is just a slightly enhanced Xbone version. The best thing about the PC version is that you can achieve a consistent 60+ fps
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
lakerforever24 wrote:

Yeah ok.

I was playing with a guy online who kept saying "this game sucks", "this game overrated","this game not next gen". The guy was already Generation 3, and has been playing 16 hours a day since. Can't stop talking about how terrible the game is.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject:

lakerforever24 wrote:

The game play rocks.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject:

I let my 6 yr old on the mic. He made me laugh when he said, "You thought you had me, but I played you like a trombone!"
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Backwards compatibility is highly overrated and as much as people complain about not having it, they basically don't use it in general.

That's not true. At all. I find it very important. I love to go back to old games without having to hook up my old system. Keeps everything clean. My PS3 plays PSone and PS2 games. My 360 plays my Xbox games and my WiiU plays Wii games. My 3DS plays DS games.

That's 5 systems I don't have to have out and plugged in to play some of the classics I love.
aachan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject:

Managed to play Titanfall for a couple hours on my mates console and overall I'm impressed with the game, it certainly is a fresh shot in the arm for FPS. Just a few critiques I had with the game though, venturing into the latter stage of my playthrough, I found that the game lacks a bit more variety, by that I mean, guns and gamemodes, I found myself going back to Hardpoint over and over again because the other few gamemodes didn't stick with me.

Also, the critiques people have about the graphics looking 'Old-Gen' are true to a degree, the game still runs on the Source Game Engine (Games like Portal/Crysis/Battlefield run on this engine I'm pretty sure). It's certainly nothing game breaking, I'd take gameplay>graphics any day of the week, just thought I'd throw that tidbit of information out there for those ridiculing the people making an observation about the graphics.

Overall I'd give the game an 8-8.5/10. Still haven't decided on a console yet though, haven't had much time for gaming so I haven't really felt the urge to upgrade. I think I'll just end up waiting for Destiny.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That is definitely what it feels like. But I never changed anything so why is it suddenly doing this?

Did one of the recent updates set default to some kind of power save option or something do you know?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That is definitely what it feels like. But I never changed anything so why is it suddenly doing this?

Did one of the recent updates set default to some kind of power save option or something do you know?

People were having this issues at launch. They tried to fix it in the February update, but then a new rash of people started reporting the problem. Tried fixing it in the March update, and now I guess more people are experiencing it. Or it is from the February update.

Most of the problems seem to be stemming from the Power Mode settings, and HDCP communications with other HDCP devices.

I have mine set to instant on. I use IR to power the console on and off. And I make sure to turn off my Xbox and cable box on and off at the same time. My problems were mostly with the TV app, and games crashing at launch.
DrensolX
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject:

If I didnt have agaming PC, I'd go for PS4

Cause Microsoft must not ever rule the world^^
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject:

Sony has announced Project Morpheous, a Virtual Reality headset for the ps4. The screen and head movement technology look killer. But the ps4 camera is still terrible at tracking your body compared to the X1. So in VR you still have to hold controllers.

LINK
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject:

I got my PS4 after the New Year, just by chance, since I happened to be at Best Buy the day before they were actually going to have more in stock. My mistake was not picking up a camera that day, since I had already ordered one from Staples (which ended up being cancelled, due to their not being able to fulfill the orders that were placed).

Luckily, I signed up for one of those notification sites that emailed me when Amazon had a short window of availability the other day, so I picked up a camera, a couple weeks ago.

Now, that said, does anybody use a Logitech Harmony remote? I've read mixed things about being able to get it to work with the PS4 (apparently the BT coding on the PS4 hadn't been released for logitech to be able to make it compatible...but that was early on, when the system was being released).

Anyhow, I'm hoping someone on here has managed to get their Harmony remote to work with the PS4. I don't even mind if I wouldn't be able to turn the system on with the remote. I just want to be able to control playing blu ray movies.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject:

crap i should have waited till now for the TitanFall Bundle...oh well, i still got to have fun with the system over christmas .
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
I got my PS4 after the New Year, just by chance, since I happened to be at Best Buy the day before they were actually going to have more in stock. My mistake was not picking up a camera that day, since I had already ordered one from Staples (which ended up being cancelled, due to their not being able to fulfill the orders that were placed).

Luckily, I signed up for one of those notification sites that emailed me when Amazon had a short window of availability the other day, so I picked up a camera, a couple weeks ago.

Now, that said, does anybody use a Logitech Harmony remote? I've read mixed things about being able to get it to work with the PS4 (apparently the BT coding on the PS4 hadn't been released for logitech to be able to make it compatible...but that was early on, when the system was being released).

Anyhow, I'm hoping someone on here has managed to get their Harmony remote to work with the PS4. I don't even mind if I wouldn't be able to turn the system on with the remote. I just want to be able to control playing blu ray movies.

Haven't got mine to work. I thought for sure they would have IR this time around. Xbox has had IR for 2 generations now.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone else buy Infamous Second Son? Pretty awesome game. It's probably the best PS4 game out right now.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Did anyone else buy Infamous Second Son? Pretty awesome game. It's probably the best PS4 game out right now.

Just got my copy today, but I have to wait until my flooring is done before I can hook my ps4 back up. Looking forward to it, it's a pretty game and I loved the first couple of games.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:

I got it Friday. Spent about 6 hours on the game so far. It's a solid game that is setting next gen consoles in the right direction. I like the action platform w/ collectibles genre. It's not as polished as the Uncharted series but you get some more room to roam. It's not GTA style, but much larger than Uncharted/Tomb Raider. Graphics are nice. Particle effects stand out and the game is fun.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17
Jump to: