PS4 or XBOX One... decisions decisions (and who didnt pre order but wish they did?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PS4 or XBOX One, decisions decisions
PS4 (its cheaper and its more powerful...for games)
70%
 70%  [ 57 ]
XBOX One (its truly the center hub of your living room Entertainment)
29%
 29%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 81

Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Titanfall isn't that impressive looking even on PC at max settings.

It's an up-scaled 360 game.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
Did anyone else buy Infamous Second Son? Pretty awesome game. It's probably the best PS4 game out right now.

I got it Friday. Spent about 6 hours on the game so far. It's a solid game that is setting next gen consoles in the right direction. I like the action platform w/ collectibles genre. It's not as polished as the Uncharted series but you get some more room to roam. It's not GTA style, but much larger than Uncharted/Tomb Raider. Graphics are nice. Particle effects stand out and the game is fun.

Good or evil?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
Did anyone else buy Infamous Second Son? Pretty awesome game. It's probably the best PS4 game out right now.

I got it Friday. Spent about 6 hours on the game so far. It's a solid game that is setting next gen consoles in the right direction. I like the action platform w/ collectibles genre. It's not as polished as the Uncharted series but you get some more room to roam. It's not GTA style, but much larger than Uncharted/Tomb Raider. Graphics are nice. Particle effects stand out and the game is fun.

Good or evil?

Evil

Some powers are locked out, so guess I will have to play thru again as a good guy to get those remaining powers.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

Good or evil?

Evil

Some powers are locked out, so guess I will have to play thru again as a good guy to get those remaining powers.

I picked evil as well, although I've played all 3 Infamous games with the evil powers
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

Good or evil?

Evil

I picked evil as well, although I've played all 3 Infamous games with the evil powers

I felt like such a douche afterwards. "I did the right thing though...Right?"
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

Good or evil?

Evil

Same here. It's hilarious how, when an enemy is on the ground surrendering and you choose to "execute" them, Delsin just kicks them off the screen.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

Good or evil?

Evil

Same here. It's hilarious how, when an enemy is on the ground surrendering and you choose to "execute" them, Delsin just kicks them off the screen.

Yeah, that cracks me up. Just like an NFL FG kicker. The game has glitched me a couple of times and the civilian just goes straight up vertical instead of the usual 10-15 ft and then into ashes.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
Titanfall isn't that impressive looking even on PC at max settings.

It's an up-scaled 360 game.
NO ITS NOT. i know people like to throw this around because its the trendy thing to say. since everyone says it.

titan fall looks good. great? no. graphics wise its a top level 360/ps3 game.

but the AI for the grunts, spectors, wild life= next gen

the fact the game doesnt freeze up everytime there's a big fire fight with multiple titans and grunts, spectors, pilots blowing stuff up and shooting at each other = next generation processors/ram.

so sorry its not an up-scaled 360 game.

the question is why do people complain like this ever new gen? it happens everytime. they get so good at developing beautiful looking games for the current gen. they look as good or better then the next gen. even thought the next gen consoles SHOULD be able to produce a better looking game. they dont know how to tap into all of the resources. they need practicing coding on the new platform. give them time.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

Good or evil?

Evil

So I finshed the story with bad karma, and I'm gonna start a new play thru with good karma. Is there a way to check your total time played? I can only see a percentage of completetion when you go to load a saved game.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject:

Looks like Microsoft is feeling the heat. They are now gonna offer the Xbox One without kinect for $100 dollars less even though the said the wouldn't.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/399-xbox-one-without-kinect-launching-in-june/1100-6419601/

Also removing the xbox live gold requirement to use apps on 360 and One. Which was always crappy. You need to buy a subscription to use your Netflix subscription? Yea its about time.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-removes-xbox-one-and-xbox-360-gold-paywall-for-netflix-hulu-and-more/1100-6419590/
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Microsoft finally pulling its head out of its ass, which means they've probably been getting their ass kicked by the ps4. I'll probably pick up a kinectless Xbox sometime this year or next, once some more games are available.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I think it's a mistake to offer the XBOX ONE without Kinect because it removes motivation for devs to develop for it. Why spend $ developing a control system for your game that not everyone will have access to?

I think MS should have just ate the cost and reduced the price of the whole system and taken the short-term loss instead of unbundling.
usa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to wait it out and buy when PS4 responds with price drop
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject:

There goes "the future of gaming". What happened to Kinect being an absolute integral part of the Xbox experience? I've lost track the amount (or should I say the distance) of backtracking from M$. If they stuck with it and just lowered the price...shouldn't have lied in the first place. They've lost what little integrity they had left.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject:

E3 this year gon' b gud. So glad im going.

I'll probably still get a kinect xbone eventually, but all the stuff about Live is what i'm excited about.

!...
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Splash1 wrote:
There goes "the future of gaming". What happened to Kinect being an absolute integral part of the Xbox experience? I've lost track the amount (or should I say the distance) of backtracking from M$. If they stuck with it and just lowered the price...shouldn't have lied in the first place. They've lost what little integrity they had left.

It is a completely nerfed experience without Kinect. A completely different console.

Now that version has no advantages over the PS4, but is still the same price.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
I think it's a mistake to offer the XBOX ONE without Kinect because it removes motivation for devs to develop for it. Why spend $ developing a control system for your game that not everyone will have access to?

I think MS should have just ate the cost and reduced the price of the whole system and taken the short-term loss instead of unbundling.
its not a mistake. they are forced to do it.

here's the deal. THE PEOPLE are not READY for that next level gaming. they cant comprehend it. So that means the devs wont develop for it like they should. which means the only gaming enhancements you will get with the kinect, will be more along the lines of gimmicks and small things.

So it is what it is. MS makes the box for the people. the people made it clear with their wallets that they didnt want a high priced system with the kinect. they didnt think it was worth it to pay that extra $100 for the kinect.

now me personally. i'm all for a kinect and i have one. and i bought it at launch for a reason. i know what i like about it. and i love the features. i also love where it COULD go. but i'm only one.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Looks like Microsoft is feeling the heat. They are now gonna offer the Xbox One without kinect for $100 dollars less even though the said the wouldn't.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/399-xbox-one-without-kinect-launching-in-june/1100-6419601/

Also removing the xbox live gold requirement to use apps on 360 and One. Which was always crappy. You need to buy a subscription to use your Netflix subscription? Yea its about time.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-removes-xbox-one-and-xbox-360-gold-paywall-for-netflix-hulu-and-more/1100-6419590/

finally; my XBOX Gold subscription ran out months ago and i haven't had time to play my One because of studying. At least i can use it watch youtube or use skype or something.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

its not a mistake. they are forced to do it.

here's the deal. THE PEOPLE are not READY for that next level gaming. they cant comprehend it. So that means the devs wont develop for it like they should. which means the only gaming enhancements you will get with the kinect, will be more along the lines of gimmicks and small things.

So it is what it is. MS makes the box for the people. the people made it clear with their wallets that they didnt want a high priced system with the kinect. they didnt think it was worth it to pay that extra $100 for the kinect.

now me personally. i'm all for a kinect and i have one. and i bought it at launch for a reason. i know what i like about it. and i love the features. i also love where it COULD go. but i'm only one.

I have to disagree. I don't think the problem is that people aren't ready for next level gaming. I think the problem is that the Xbox One, as of yet, is clearly a next level gaming platform.

I mean, playing games on it doesn't feel like like a next gen console the way the Xbox 360 over Xbox did. Or, the way Nintendo 64 felt over Super Nintendo.

So your second point I agree with -- the value isn't there because when you go to someone's house to see the Xbox One, you don't leave feeling like man, I have to get one of those because my 360 isn't cutting it.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject:

I got a PS4, I rented Watchdogs...played a mission...meh?

Any game recommendations?

I wanted to get Madden, but I know the initial next-gen release is always gimped from past experience.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject:

Really looking forward to Destiny in a few months. I played in the Alpha and loved it.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
I got a PS4, I rented Watchdogs...played a mission...meh?

Any game recommendations?

I wanted to get Madden, but I know the initial next-gen release is always gimped from past experience.

Did you play the Last of Us on PS3? If not, the remasterd PS4 version is coming at the end of July. NBA2k14? I've seen it around $30, but the new one comes out in October. GTA V in the fall. Assassins Creed,MLB, FIFA BF4, COD, Infamous 2, NFS
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

The Last of Us was amazing. One of the best gaming and cinematic experiences I've had in a while. Anyone who hasn't played it should absolutely pick up the remastered version if they have a ps4.
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject:

So according to PP, I don't wan't to plug my kinect in because I can't comprehend next gen gaming? bwaahahahaha

Destiny looks rad, played the Alpha as well. The White PS4 bundle is very pretty. If you've been waiting to pick any of these systems up, now's the time.

If anybody wants a Xbox One, with the Kinect, drop me a PM. I'm selling mine and I literally used it for 2 weeks. Once I got sick of Titanfall, I never turned it on again.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
The Last of Us was amazing. One of the best gaming and cinematic experiences I've had in a while. Anyone who hasn't played it should absolutely pick up the remastered version if they have a ps4.

Naughty dog game right?

I'll definitely grab it, Uncharted is probably the reason I went PS4 over Xbox One.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17
Jump to: