OFFICIAL KOBE BRYANT CONTRACT DISCUSSION: P&M and Second Guessing Here --->
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 216, 217, 218  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
mj32 wrote:
Wasn't he supposed to address the crowd tonight? It would have been nice to have him on the bench with his teammates for the last home game.

I have been wondering about this since Swaggy P addressed the fans tonight instead of Kobe...and he wasn't even there with his team in their last home game of the season.

Well, why would Kobe address the fans? He hasn't played all season. Swaggy P has.

I agree it would have been nice for Kobe to be there with his teammates all season long, but I don't think it would be real fair to have him address the fans while guys who have been there all year are left in the dust.

All the players know Kobe is the face of the Lakers. I'm sure they wouldn't have been offended. Still doesn't explain why he wasn't there for his teammates and the fans for the last home game of the season. I also heard that Kobe is not doing the final meeting and interview for the end of season when all the others are. He will meet Kup at some private/secret later time. Why is he hiding instead of helping pump up the fans for next season?

Who knows. By now we should all know Kobe marches to the beat of his own drum.

And for all we know, Kobe said to Swaggy P, hey you've been carrying this team all year, you go out there and address the fans. If Kobe did do that, then I'd say it's a classy move especially since he wasn't able to show up all year.

A classy move is sitting courtside with his team for the last home game....which he didn't do. I'm sure the Laker FO would've wanted him there to excite the fans for next season. I guarantee Staples would've had more sellouts this season if Kobe would've been on the sideline for games.

I'm pretty sure Kobe being there won't have a major impact on whether fans get up for next season. Maybe just for that moment. But I'm pretty sure it won't really matter several months from now. It's hard for me to imagine that someone, several months from now, won't be excited only because Kobe didn't sit on the bench in the last home game.

I don't agree that Staples would have had more sellouts. I hear you guaranteeing it, but people love to guarantee things that can't be proven. The reason people didn't go to games is because we sucked. I know people who usually pay to go to games, didn't because they didn't want to pay all that money to watch their team lose. I know no one that would pay the high expense of going to a Laker game because Kobe is sitting on the bench on the sideline. That's silly.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
mj32 wrote:
Wasn't he supposed to address the crowd tonight? It would have been nice to have him on the bench with his teammates for the last home game.

I have been wondering about this since Swaggy P addressed the fans tonight instead of Kobe...and he wasn't even there with his team in their last home game of the season.

Well, why would Kobe address the fans? He hasn't played all season. Swaggy P has.

I agree it would have been nice for Kobe to be there with his teammates all season long, but I don't think it would be real fair to have him address the fans while guys who have been there all year are left in the dust.

All the players know Kobe is the face of the Lakers. I'm sure they wouldn't have been offended. Still doesn't explain why he wasn't there for his teammates and the fans for the last home game of the season. I also heard that Kobe is not doing the final meeting and interview for the end of season when all the others are. He will meet Kup at some private/secret later time. Why is he hiding instead of helping pump up the fans for next season?

And for all we know, Kobe said to Swaggy P, hey you've been carrying this team all year, you go out there and address the fans. If Kobe did do that, then I'd say it's a classy move especially since he wasn't able to show up all year.

A classy move is sitting courtside with his team for the last home game....which he didn't do. I'm sure the Laker FO would've wanted him there to excite the fans for next season. I guarantee Staples would've had more sellouts this season if Kobe would've been on the sideline for games.

I'm pretty sure Kobe being there won't have a major impact on whether fans get up for next season. Maybe just for that moment. But I'm pretty sure it won't really matter several months from now. It's hard for me to imagine that someone, several months from now, won't be excited only because Kobe didn't sit on the bench in the last home game.

I don't agree that Staples would have had more sellouts. I hear you guaranteeing it, but people love to guarantee things that can't be proven. The reason people didn't go to games is because we sucked. I know people who usually pay to go to games, didn't because they didn't want to pay all that money to watch their team lose. I know no one that would pay the high expense of going to a Laker game because Kobe is sitting on the bench on the sideline. That's silly.

You obviously disagree with me. I apologize for using the word guarantee. It is my opinion but I can't guarantee it.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Kobe isn't getting traded. When both sides agreed to that deal, they bound themselves to each other for the next two years. That contract is immovable. If Kobe really wanted to leave, they'd have to agree to a buyout.

Have you seen the contract? We don't know what's in it...the stipulations. We don't know if this new contract has a no trade clause in it. Plus, if he wants to leave he can waive that if it is there. I think if Kobe doesn't see changes he likes he might want out. His disappearing for so long is really odd. It's like he's divorced himself from the Lakers for now. Not being there tonight was not normal. His not giving the speech to the fans before the game wasn't either.

Hasn't he pretty regularly been absent when he isn't playing? I remember it coming up a lot in the past and the story was that he preferred to do his workouts during usual game times to get his body prepared.

I think it is just this season that he is trying to distance himself from. He probably wants it to be clear that he wasnt a part of the dismal record.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
mj32 wrote:

You obviously disagree with me. I apologize for using the word guarantee. It is my opinion but I can't guarantee it.

Keep in mind that in years past, the Lakers had no problems selling out games even when Kobe was out for extended periods with an injury. If it was ALL about Kobe, then the games would be empty when he isn't on the sideline at every point in the last decade and a half or so. But that hasn't been the case at all.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Kobe has said that we cannot watch the games because everytime he watches he feels like killing someone.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Kobe has said that we cannot watch the games because everytime he watches he feels like killing someone.

Although I think kobe should support his teammates, seeing Nick Young jump up and down the court like a clown when his team is near last place probably has him fuming too
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:

He should be able to suck it up for 30 million.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:

Although I think kobe should support his teammates, seeing Nick Young jump up and down the court like a clown when his team is near last place probably has him fuming too

I think Kobe would have been more upset if they showed they didn't care about winning and just went through the motions or tried to lose like Utah. Kobe is the ultimate competitor and not being able to be out there and help the team win is incredibly frustrating and difficult for him to watch. Kobe hates to lose and I'm sure he appreciated the effort by Young giving them the win. Young was having a great game so he deserved to celebrate and have fun out last night as there haven't been many opportunities to do so this season. While I know that a loss would have improved our chances of getting a higher draft pick it wouldn't have guaranteed one. Its a lottery so a top 3 pick this year is still a possibility.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is transitioning. Done at 5.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
x75274 wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:

I think Kobe would have been more upset if they showed they didn't care about winning and just went through the motions or tried to lose like Utah.
Kobe is the ultimate competitor and not being able to be out there and help the team win is incredibly frustrating and difficult for him to watch. Kobe hates to lose and I'm sure he appreciated the effort by Young giving them the win. Young was having a great game so he deserved to celebrate and have fun out last night as there haven't been many opportunities to do so this season. While I know that a loss would have improved our chances of getting a higher draft pick it wouldn't have guaranteed one. Its a lottery so a top 3 pick this year is still a possibility.

it doesn't matter what upsets kobe.

What upsets me is it took this long for the scrubs to get playing like they cared.

thats why I am happy if none of these scrubs come back.

fighting for playoffs would have made me proud. not fighting to be in the last place. more when the other team is tanking.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Any new updates on Kobe working out, training, conditioning, practicing, anything? I'm happy he's been out of the headlines though.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
x75274 wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:

I think Kobe would have been more upset if they showed they didn't care about winning and just went through the motions or tried to lose like Utah. Kobe is the ultimate competitor and not being able to be out there and help the team win is incredibly frustrating and difficult for him to watch. Kobe hates to lose and I'm sure he appreciated the effort by Young giving them the win. Young was having a great game so he deserved to celebrate and have fun out last night as there haven't been many opportunities to do so this season. While I know that a loss would have improved our chances of getting a higher draft pick it wouldn't have guaranteed one. Its a lottery so a top 3 pick this year is still a possibility.

What's the difference between the Jazz and the Lakers this year? 1 or 2 games? I don't think either of them *tried* to be bad, they just were.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
If Lakers don't do anything this off season, if I'm the Knick, I offer Amare and Chandler for Kobe.

Talk about a show lol

I'm having similar thoughts. What if Kobe asks to be traded? I think MDA's system is too much running for Kobe. The triangle suits him better. Knicks would probably offer Amare, Shumpert, and Tim Hardway Jr. I believe the Knicks have no more draft pics to give.

I'm sure that Kobe would love being on a team that is even further away from winning than the Lakers.

Yeah. But his complaining, moaning and drama won't be our issue. Of course, despite all that, I can't give up on Kobe yet. Still, have to try and let him retire as a Laker.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject:

Kobe isn't going anywhere.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject:

Sometimes I consider myself the prophet of LG ... got dumped on for saying to Amnesty Kobe and tell him to take the year off

Then re-sign him in the off season.

Funny, Kobe came back to break his leg and the Lakers get a tax hit.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Sometimes I consider myself the prophet of LG ... got dumped on for saying to Amnesty Kobe and tell him to take the year off

I see like most prophets, you kind of rearrange things after the fact...
shibby
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Very disappointed in Kobe dissing the team because they're way under .500

Not a good way to build chemistry with any of the players that will be back...if they even retain anyone.

Also sets a poor example to everyone.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Search function
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
24 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Search function

I don't think you catch my meaning. You are basically crowing about Kobe's injury validating your amnesty suggestion, glossing over the likely impossibility of that suggestion at the time.

Anyone who knows the first thing about Kobe knows he would be unwilling to shut it down like that, not to mention losing the bird rights that have future salary implications. Then there's the issue of another team making a waiver claim...

And we haven't even gotten to the PR hit.
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: ESPN says Kobe will begin intense training shortly

Woo hoo! Good news. It's been about 17 weeks or so since the knee break and Kobe seems almost ready to get back in gear.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10792304/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-begin-intense-training-program-next-week

Quote:
Kobe Bryant has been cleared to resume running and shooting and will begin an intense, six-month training program next week upon his return from a short family trip to Europe, sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.

Article also says Kobe will check in at the Germany platelet repair facility to make sure his knee is good to go from that standpoint.

If we can get Kobe back at full speed with a complete summer of work under his belt, that already would be a big improvement from this year.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
24 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Search function

I don't think you catch my meaning. You are basically crowing about Kobe's injury validating your amnesty suggestion, glossing over the likely impossibility of that suggestion at the time.

Anyone who knows the first thing about Kobe knows he would be unwilling to shut it down like that, not to mention losing the bird rights that have future salary implications. Then there's the issue of another team making a waiver claim...

Yeah, it's unlikely an amnesty would have led us down the same eventual path. Having said that, Mark Cuban might have been spot on in his suggestion of amnestying Kobe. He knew the Lakers would be in a tough position in terms of having to overpay to keep him.

Cuban does have a good history of knowing when to sell high.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
24 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
24 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Search function

Yeah, it's unlikely an amnesty would have led us down the same eventual path. Having said that, Mark Cuban might have been spot on in his suggestion of amnestying Kobe. He knew the Lakers would be in a tough position in terms of having to overpay to keep him.

I'd be willing to bet a large amount that Cuban would have put in a bid on Kobe if we had. And that puts Kobe in a horrible situation. No way the team does him like that, nor should they.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
24 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
24 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Search function

Cuban sold high on a title team and is now locked in 7th-10th seed mediocrity with no end in sight. I don't think I'd describe that as knowing when to sell high.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
24 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
24 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Search function

Cuban sold high on a title team and is now locked in 7th-10th seed mediocrity with no end in sight. I don't think I'd describe that as knowing when to sell high.

They do have cap room and trade assets.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Except when it comes to his own player, I haven't seen him using amnesty on Dirk.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 216, 217, 218  Next
Page 147 of 218
Jump to: