kobe's defense is overated(from a kobe fan)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajaxxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: kobe's defense is overated(from a kobe fan)

I love kobe just like all of you but I hate when people say he's so better than wade,labron,mcgrady because of his defense. be honest guys how many times have you seen his guy go for season highs. I'm not talking about this year either. for the past three seasons he has been a horrible defender.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: kobe's defense is overated(from a kobe fan)

ajaxxx wrote:
I love kobe just like all of you but I hate when people say he's so better than wade,labron,mcgrady because of his defense. be honest guys how many times have you seen his guy go for season highs. I'm not talking about this year either. for the past three seasons he has been a horrible defender.

embarrassing.
dwonderful
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject:

Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject:

Please don't leave Middle School

Thank you
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:

Tex said last night that Kobe's off the ball defense has to improve and he is right. Kobe will play with a lot of effort on the defensive end against a player who dominates the ball.. but, if the player is one who plays off the ball and gets his points that way, Kobe would gamble against him.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

He IS a much better defender and a willing one at that than those never-beens.

^^ Farmar

El Ocho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:

the sad thing is when he wants to turn it on he does. but then he slacks the rest of the time in order to dominate on offense. no problem as long as we win, but when his man is being left open and droppin 3's i dont like it.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
Tex said last night that Kobe's off the ball defense has to improve and he is right. Kobe will play with a lot of effort on the defensive end against a player who dominates the ball.. but, if the player is one who plays off the ball and gets his points that way, Kobe would gamble against him.

if the rest of the team plays defense like Kobe, he won't have to gamble too much to help the others.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
D-Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject:

Kobe's man wasn't Bibby, schlock.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:

The actual quote is "Kobe could play off the ball more" I suppose we should understand that a guy constantly guarding the best player, playing 40 a night and scoring 50 might not be able to energize bunny at every moment. Kobe will get votes for DPOY.
Arsenal
Star Player
Star Player

His 3 point D is terrible. He let JRich open 3's all night. He only plays elite defense once in a blue moon. The other times is average to very bad.
ajaxxx
Star Player
Star Player

Trey wrote:
Please don't leave Middle School

Thank you

Thanks for reminding me to pick up my kids at middle school.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:

El Ocho wrote:
the sad thing is when he wants to turn it on he does. but then he slacks the rest of the time in order to dominate on offense. no problem as long as we win, but when his man is being left open and droppin 3's i dont like it.

and who was that Peja? 4-12
Hart? 1-3
Garcia? 4-7, 11 total points?
El Ocho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
El Ocho wrote:

and who was that Peja? 4-12
Hart? 1-3
Garcia? 4-7, 11 total points?

well we lost by 8. so 3 stops would have done us some good. but my real question to you would be this. do you think that kobe was giving 100% on the defensive end last night not for the whole game(because god forbid someone, anyone in the nba play an entire game) but lets just say the 4th qtr?
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:

The actual quote is "Kobe could play off the ball more"

"Defensively, he needs to be fundamentally a little sounder off the ball. He's a good on-ball defender but off the ball he wants to gamble too much." - Tex Winter

Daily News
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

No one is going to ask Kobe to give 100% on the defensive end.. no player can, especially for a guy who has to carry a team like he does..

but, overall, this season, he gambles off of players who work off the ball and it hurts the lakers because they usually end up shooting well from the perimeter.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

Wow, that first post seems like a textbook example of trolling. It's an obvious attempt to get under people's skin. Try to hide your intentions better next time, ajaxxxxxxx.

Love the avatar, though.
hisairness#8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

Kobe's D has been great when he guards the likes of wade lebron tmac carter allen but when he goes against players that are not as good he gambles and gets burned. But comparing this years d to last year we have really improved so improved that bspn is even giving credit
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

please, then why do a bunch of other players around the league say kobe is a great defender...personally I'll take what players who have actually played against him have said, than someone sitting on their computer screen, thats just me though
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

He is a way better defender than the other guys you mentioned but I will say that this year his defense has been slipping a bit.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

El Ocho wrote:

I agree with that, but if you're Kobe and you know you have to carry the team in the late stages of every game wouldn't you hold something back on defense to conserve some energy?

Once the Lakers start showing they can win some games without him having to score 20-25 points in the second half I'm sure we'll see him redirect some of that energy towards defense.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

He's a great defender and loves to defend good players

He's not that good defensively as Artest or Bowen but between the all sta guards, he's the man !
El Ocho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
No one is going to ask Kobe to give 100% on the defensive end.. no player can, especially for a guy who has to carry a team like he does..

but, overall, this season, he gambles off of players who work off the ball and it hurts the lakers because they usually end up shooting well from the perimeter.

N i feel that, he has to carry the team and play D. he isnt perfect i know. but slow down on the gambles. the kings didnt beat us we did. and i am not so upset about the loss but the fact that punk @$$ miller and bibby went home thinking ther are bad. i cant stand those people.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: kobe's defense is overated(from a kobe fan)

ajaxxx wrote:

First of all, you can't even spell overrated correctly.

Second of all, how many guys have gone for season highs the past three seasons stat boy?

Third of all, talk about high. What an outlandish claim you make.

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
ClipperLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject:

I think Kobe sometimes slacks off on no names, but picks it up against Guys like Mcgrady,lebron,Vince,....But As long as the team plays defense well, they will win...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: