kobe's defense is overated(from a kobe fan)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Kobe has to cover for a lot of people's defensive defects. No one covers for Kobe. 'nuff said
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: kobe's defense is overated(from a kobe fan)

ajaxxx wrote:
I love kobe just like all of you but I hate when people say he's so better than wade,labron,mcgrady because of his defense. be honest guys how many times have you seen his guy go for season highs. I'm not talking about this year either. for the past three seasons he has been a horrible defender.

please click that red X in the upper right hand corner
Arsenal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: kobe's defense is overated(from a kobe fan)

LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:
ajaxxx wrote:
I love kobe just like all of you but I hate when people say he's so better than wade,labron,mcgrady because of his defense. be honest guys how many times have you seen his guy go for season highs. I'm not talking about this year either. for the past three seasons he has been a horrible defender.

Kobe is the premier perimeter defender in the league.

Against the Bucks.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: kobe's defense is overated(from a kobe fan)

ajaxxx wrote:

That does it.

Even if you bring that girl from your icon like you promised...

...I'm no longer going to your rally.

And your Kobe-fan patch will be stripped from your warmup jacket
Warlord23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Hmm .. as usual, the general consensus is that Kobe is a great defender. No one knows precisely why, but since Jordan was a great defender, Kobe must be one too. Nobody brings up statistics, or opponents' performances.

Per 82games.com, the Lakers' FG% defense is worse when Kobe is on the court, compared to when he is off.
http://www.82games.com/0506/05LAL7D.HTM
Check the stat FG% allowed when on court and off court.

Check out a few recent Laker games. Like someone said here, Kobe takes on the most challenging defensive assignment, right? So let's see who went off on the Lakers at the swing(2/3) spot.

Feb 1 vs Indiana: who was he guarding? Peja/SJax/Jones? Doesn't matter, all 3 of them went off.
Feb 3 vs Charlotte: who was he guarding? Jumaine/Brevin/Felton? Doesn't matter, all 3 stuck it to the Lakers.
Feb 4 vs NO/OKC: who was he guarding? Mason/Snyder/Paul? Cuz all 3 shot extremely well.
Just a small sample .. Eddie Jones went off, all the Atlanta swingmen went off, Josh Howard went off, and a dozen others...

See? Those are stats, not opinions, not excuses. Bryant shows up once in 5 games to show something, but that does not make a good defender.
ajaxxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
ajaxxx wrote:
Just wondering who was guarding josh smith

Did you watch the game? Kobe was on Joe Johnson. So I really wonder why this was bumped.

and that's suppose to be better? -another layup by joe johnson!
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: kobe's defense is overated(from a kobe fan)

LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:
ajaxxx wrote:

LOL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: