"CUPGATE" - Should Jason Kidd be Fined or Suspended? (Update: Kidd fined $50K; Pg. 7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

"CUPGATE" - Should Jason Kidd be Fined or Suspended?
Fined
50%
 50%  [ 33 ]
Suspended
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Fined AND supsended
16%
 16%  [ 11 ]
No punishment
27%
 27%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 65

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject:

I just made a poll.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject:

Unacceptable. He should be fined and suspended.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
jodeke wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Romano338 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Why would you fine genius? No time outs, no chance to draw up a play, innovation should be rewarded. J Kidd came up with that in the spur of the moment and it worked. The shot didn't fall but the ploy worked.

It's unsportmanlike. If he has no time out, don't you think it's his own fault?
You sanction players for touching a tiny little bit the ball after you score, and you would allow a behavior like that?!

I applaud quick thinking. All the unsportsman like and against the rules out the door. If D'Antoni had done it LG would be praising him for being slick. If I were a betting man I'd wager this is over, no fine, suspension, nothing, it's over.

so every coach can do it now when they mismanage their timeouts! the league HAS to at least fine.

and if MDA did that he'd called a clown.

Bull Twinkie!!!! He did nothing to damage the game. It's not something that will go into playbooks. He painted himself into a corner and found a way out.

Is that not genius? Basketball won't be irreparably damaged. He got slick, got caught, get over it.

I don't believe Mike would have been called a clown. Him having that kind of quick thought would have been a surprise.

if there's no fine or penalty then how did he "get caught"?

Didn't say what he did was right. I don't think it was that egregious.

I don't think a fine, suspension or any punishment is warranted . Talk about nitpicking?

What did Kidd do that is so damaging to the game? I can't believe this has generated a 6 page debate.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject:

This thread is partly 6 pages because the incident and the video was hilarious in so many ways. He should still get fined because what he did was wrong and blatantly on purpose. They had no timeouts and this allowed him to delay the game and draw up a play without taking a time out.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject:

He absolutely should (and will) be fined. Otherwise, coaches would be spilling sodas every other game as an accepted tactic.

It's not a huge deal, but the NBA will have to make it clear that such actions will not be tolerated.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject:

no punishment? yall aint basing that on realistic perspective; the nba fines players for hanging on the rim..
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject:

Yeah. I don't think the NBA is going to laugh this one off. I say he gets a small fine.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
This thread is partly 6 pages because the incident and the video was hilarious in so many ways. He should still get fined because what he did was wrong and blatantly on purpose. They had no timeouts and this allowed him to delay the game and draw up a play without taking a time out.

Genius.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject:

For those who believe this will become a part of the game, think about it. Do you think officials aren't going to be cognizant and wipe the ploy from the game once and for all? It's a one time gimmick. It's over. As I said prior, I'd don't think anything will come of this. C'mon man!!!!!

lak_repeat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject:

As well as a fine. Teams should be charged a technical for spilling whether it is on purpose or not. You need to control your drinks man.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
jodeke wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Romano338 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Why would you fine genius? No time outs, no chance to draw up a play, innovation should be rewarded. J Kidd came up with that in the spur of the moment and it worked. The shot didn't fall but the ploy worked.

You sanction players for touching a tiny little bit the ball after you score, and you would allow a behavior like that?!

I applaud quick thinking. All the unsportsman like and against the rules out the door. If D'Antoni had done it LG would be praising him for being slick. If I were a betting man I'd wager this is over, no fine, suspension, nothing, it's over.

so every coach can do it now when they mismanage their timeouts! the league HAS to at least fine.

Bull Twinkie!!!! He did nothing to damage the game. It's not something that will go into playbooks. He painted himself into a corner and found a way out.

Is that not genius? Basketball won't be irreparably damaged. He got slick, got caught, get over it.

I don't believe Mike would have been called a clown. Him having that kind of quick thought would have been a surprise.

I don't think a fine, suspension or any punishment is warranted . Talk about nitpicking?

What did Kidd do that is so damaging to the game? I can't believe this has generated a 6 page debate.

he almost deliberately cheated the lakers out of a win, so yeah...six pages.

and i wouldn't be surprised if fans started doing this. cuban is probably auditioning ringers as we speak.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
For those who believe this will become a part of the game, think about it. Do you think officials aren't going to be cognizant and wipe the ploy from the game once and for all? It's a one time gimmick. It's over. As I said prior, I'd don't think anything will come of this. C'mon man!!!!!

Uhh... I think you are okay with it because we won. Imagine if this was a game that would have given us a good seed for playoffs and Jodie missed the FT and we lost. Everyone would want to crucify Kidd.

Therefore, in order to make a statement, the league may and should punish J. Kidd for being a douche bag. I don't see how they can just let this slide.
SCLakersfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I still laugh every time i watch the video and Blake and Xavier are in the huddle
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
jodeke wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
jodeke wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Romano338 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

he almost deliberately cheated the lakers out of a win, so yeah...six pages.

and i wouldn't be surprised if fans started doing this. cuban is probably auditioning ringers as we speak.

Well the way I look at it blowing a 27 point lead almost cheated us out of a win.

If you think the league is going to allow something like this to become staple I think you have little regard for TPTB's intelligence.

As I said, I think it's ova.

ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject:

SCLakersfan wrote:
I still laugh every time i watch the video and Blake and Xavier are in the huddle

i like how KG is trying to push Steve Blake away loll

AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

so thinking up gimmicks to circumvent the rules is ok?

what's next? hiring fans to throw drinks if the other team gets a steal and fastbreak?

just 1 time is ok right?

It was a stupid move and more embarrassing to "basketball" than when our championship team would get called worse for having a bad game.. hahaha.

oh i know, trip the ref as he's running to catch up with the play.

to bad we didn't have Pjax.. he could fake a hip explosion and just collapse on the sideline.

But maybe the league will like it.. it was like bobby the brain jumping onto the mat to distract the ref.

funny as hell tho.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
SCLakersfan wrote:

i like how KG is trying to push Steve Blake away loll

the strange part is blake didn't seem to clue in his teammates on the play as they looked totally caught off guard. pau appeared to think pierce might drive for a 2...

Last edited by greenfrog on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Uhh... I think you are okay with it because we won. Imagine if this was a game that would have given us a good seed for playoffs and Jodie missed the FT and we lost. Everyone would want to crucify Kidd.

Therefore, in order to make a statement, the league may and should punish J. Kidd for being a douche bag. I don't see how they can just let this slide.

If the hound hadn't stopped to ish he would have caught the rabbit.

I'm not OK with the ploy, I do, however, deem it genius.

You want the league o punish Kidd, I don't. To each his own. Douche bag, let's hang the SOB

cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject:

lol Blake was a ninja . That game was way too close; shouldnt have let it gotten like that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
jodeke wrote:

what's next? hiring fans to throw drinks if the other team gets a steal and fastbreak?

just 1 time is ok right?

It was a stupid move and more embarrassing to "basketball" than when our championship team would get called worse for having a bad game.. hahaha.

to bad we didn't have Pjax.. he could fake a hip explosion and just collapse on the sideline.

But maybe the league will like it.. it was like bobby the brain jumping onto the mat to distract the ref.

funny as hell tho.

In a like situation I'd applaud a coach with the wile to do what Kidd did. I'm not condoning his act, I'm giving him credit for creative thinking.

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:
jodeke wrote:

just 1 time is ok right?

funny as hell tho.

In a like situation I'd applaud a coach with the wile to do what Kidd did. I'm not condoning his act, I'm giving him credit for creative thinking.

i dunno, the way frank instantly jumped right in there it seemed like something they may have actually practiced.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
jodeke wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:
jodeke wrote:

just 1 time is ok right?

funny as hell tho.

i dunno, the way frank instantly jumped right in there it seemed like something they may have actually practiced.

That was off the cuff, C'mon man

XTN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Even though it wasn't a time out this meme is pretty funny.

LoL
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject:

They should fine him, send the money to local homeless shelters and thank him for providing massive comic relief.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject:

XTN wrote:
Even though it wasn't a time out this meme is pretty funny.

LoL

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: